• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

A gurl was walkin2 mission wit her bff n they were crossin da rode.
she sed "wil u eat ise creem wif me"
he said "NO..""
da gurl cryed N ran across da rode b4 da kiblayd came on the sine.
boy was cryin and went to pic up her body
she was retorn 2 Sora.
he whsipered 2 her corpse
"I ment 2 sey I eet ise creme wif u AND Axle....."
(dat mean shi haz 2 friends.....)

LIKE DIS IF YOU CREY EVRY TIME

he said "NO..""
she was retorn 2 Sora.

tumblr_mkouza31Sg1s4r0zvo1_500.gif

I am fucking crying right now

Tsunamo

My guess is that KH3's major-events timeline will go (very, very roughly) as follows:

1. One or several of Sora/Riku/Kairi/Mickey/Lea rescue Aqua from the World of Darkness
2. Aqua and Sora restore Ventus' heart and transform Castle Oblivion back into the Land of Departure
3. We now have 7 keyblade wielders (Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Lea, Aqua, Ventus)
4. The 7 lights and the 13 darknesses clash, forming the X-blade, and unlocking Kingdom Hearts
5. Now that that has already happened, Terranort is restored back to Terra
6. Final battle with Master Xehanort

But there could always be twists of one sort or another. That's still roughly what I expect.
Something like that seems totally reasonable to me.
:lol
So uh, you guys remember that PC Kingdom Hearts X game?
Got some screens off my Tumblr dash and apparently there's a new trailer but idk
It looks pretty enjoyable for a browser game, hopefully we eventually get a English version.
he said "NO..""
she was retorn 2 Sora.

This is pretty accurate to the 358/2 Days Dub.

he said "NO..""
she was retorn 2 Sora.

RRnhhqW.gif

aravuus

he said "NO..""
she was retorn 2 Sora.

This was better than any of the spinoff games

I have finally learned the ways of a true keyblade master:

Thunder roll->thunder roll->thunder roll->Thunder Bolt->thunder roll->thunder roll->thunder roll->Rythm Mixer->thunder roll->thunder roll->thunder roll->Rythm Mixer finisher. Repeat for eternity.

botty

Banned

Thunder roll->thunder roll->thunder roll->Thunder Bolt->thunder roll->thunder roll->thunder roll->Rythm Mixer->thunder roll->thunder roll->thunder roll->Rythm Mixer finisher. Repeat for eternity.

this made me want theatrhythm: kingdom hearts even more

Psxphile

I'll stick to Magnega->any kind of area-of-effect attack like the complete scrub I am, thanks.

botty

Banned
Seems like Disney is going to keep the star wars/marvel stuff out of KH.

Finaland & FFDream : With the acquisition of Marvel and Lucas Arts by Disney, could you imagine adding some kind of stuff from these licenses in the game ?

Tetsuya Nomura : (laughs) Of course it would be great if we could add those licenses as well. But there are lots of rules and restrictions by disney so we can’t actually put everything people want, so it’s a quite difficult decision but we’re gonna prepare some surprises for you so, just wait for the informations.

Good.

I'll be honest, I was never too crazy about Marvel or Star Wars showing up in KHIII.

I don't think the former would mesh well, and I've never seen any movies from the latter, so I'm a little more indifferent there.

Tsunamo

Marvel I'd prefer to stay out of Kingdom Hearts (at least until they start to run out of ideas for worlds), Star Wars on the other hand would be more of a better fit, but I completely understand that that wouldn't be a easy property to get in the series.

I still suspect there'll be a Pixar world in III and that's one of the suprises. (hopefully Toy Story)
I'm sure one of those surprises is Shibuya in KH 3 right Nomura?
Right.
Yes please.

So I finished playing through Dream Drop Distance, again. I really don't like the final bosses in this game. Doesn't help that I didn't have Once More.

Young Xehanort is just bullshit with the clock trap and sending his stupid annoying ghost images after you. He kills you so easily. It's not really obvious what you're supposed to do, I assumed you had to use Riku's reality shift once he rewinds, speeds up, and you take down his health, but nope, got to kill him while he's in his cage. Just a dumb boss fight.

Then there's Ventus' armor. The last sequence isn't very clear on what you're supposed to do. I'm just mashing the attack button and moving the stick around hoping I don't die in what feels like a QTE.

Xemnas and AnsemSoD are just boring.

Still, enjoyable game but it still feels very filler-y even when it's been the first real sequel since KH2.

I still hate Dream Eaters and hope they don't come back in KH3.

I'll tell you guys a secret: I think Terra is the most fun character to play as in BBS. And I find it surprising that apparently he is regarded quite low for what I understand.

Dash>cartwheel/roll and the melee range makes all the difference over Ventus. Also good unique command styles and commands (dat Zantetsuken). Plus dat early counter hammer. Also all the talk about him being slow is nonsense, it is way easier to get around fast with Terra than the other characters.

Ventus is the worst.

I still hate Dream Eaters and hope they don't come back in KH3.
Agreed. I hate the designs, especially the colouring.

ZenaxPure

I'll tell you guys a secret: I think Terra is the most fun character to play as in BBS. And I find it surprising that apparently he is regarded quite low for what I understand.

I honestly think he is the most fun to play as in the entire series. I really enjoy his pace and animation speed with attacks, the longer reach on his weapons, and I prefer his command styles to the other characters. I used to be all about Ven, but, when I decided to replay BBS on critical I really took a liking to Terra. I think one of the bigger reasons is I hate like all of Ven's custom high level attacks. Salvation for example messed with the flow of Ven's combat for me and I never had a good idea of what I was going to hit, Windcutter on the other hand was simple, fast, to the point, and easy to know when to use. Also ending a combo with Ars Solum made me feel like a badass, such a cool animation and a lot of fun to use.

I really wish to play as him again someday in another KH game.

I think all three characters in BBS are fun to use. After playing KH3D and being kind of disappointed that outside of a few exclusive commands/abilities, Sora and Riku weren't really all that different, I appreciate that the BBS trio all have pretty pronounced differences between each other, and that their playstyles reflected that.

Man, I can't wait for 2.5. Birth by Sleep with a controller (with the shoulder buttons hopefully mapped to scrolling commands) would be amazing.

I think all three characters in BBS are fun to use. After playing KH3D and being kind of disappointed that outside of a few exclusive commands/abilities, Sora and Riku weren't really all that different, I appreciate that the BBS trio all have pretty pronounced differences between each other, and that their playstyles reflected that.

Man, I can't wait for 2.5. Birth by Sleep with a controller (with the shoulder buttons hopefully mapped to scrolling commands would be amazing.

Best thing was Riku only command styles you didn't even want to use because they friggin sucked and made hitting enemies sometimes impossible.

Ventus' Ars Arcanum is better :p
pls. I thought you hated Ven with passion since he will absorb Roxas soon enough :3

Oh, gotta say some of the disney stuff in BBS is just sooooo baaaaaaad. The split to 3 15 min segments doesn't really work that well imo even tho there are some cool ideas like having Ven being small in Cinderella world ect.

The Cinderella world music is also terrible after the first minute :lol.

Yeah, Ven's Ars Arcanum had a pretty rad animation.

iIuXo1BhOcfgv.gif

Though I'm partial to Sora's variation of it from KH1 & KH2FM.

Best thing was Riku only command styles you didn't even want to use because they friggin sucked and made hitting enemies sometimes impossible.

Yeah, pretty much. Fire Raid was the only decent one, and that's mainly because it was the only one that actually had any sort of range.

Trigger

Oh, gotta say some of the disney stuff in BBS is just sooooo baaaaaaad. The split to 3 15 min segments doesn't really work that well imo even tho there are some cool ideas like having Ven being small in Cinderella world ect.

The Cinderella world music is also terrible after the first minute :lol.

It was really awful. It would have been better to make some worlds exclusive to each character's story and maybe not have the Disney characters exist as pure filler. I'd like to think that KH3 will do that if Riku and Kairi do become playable.

Yeah, shared worlds was a horrible idea really.

Some of them were really short, Aqua in Dwarf Woodlands for example only had like 3 sections available to her.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the concept of shared worlds. Birth by Sleep handled them well from a narrative standpoint (though they're mostly filler through and through), but there isn't much variety between each character's visits to keep them consistently interesting. The inverse is kind of true for Dream Drop Distance they way they're handled from a plot standpoint is kind of weird (
though the Inception esque twist with Riku being in Sora's dreams the whole time necessitated it
), while the actual world design is mostly different depending on the character you're using.

I think some sort of middle ground between the way BBS and 3D handled them would be best. Radiant Garden is pretty much the best world in BBS because it's the closest to striking that balance between the three.

Guys, does a dualshock 1 not work with Kingdom Hearts 2? All my ds2 dont work anymore for some reason.

This blows. Do they even sell ds2s at stores anymore?

Guys, does a dualshock 1 not work with Kingdom Hearts 2? All my ds2 dont work anymore for some reason.

This blows. Do they even sell ds2s at stores anymore?
I got one for $10 at GameStop one time, obviously it was not an official DS2 controller but it still did the trick
You could also look in Amazon or eBay, there's bound to be some there.

Pl511

Neo Member
I know this stuff is probably old news, but I would like to show you all a sampling of my finest Kingdom Hearts music covers/remixes/reorchestrations and things. I think I might have posted one or two here before, but here's a list of the four that I'm most proud of.

Number 1! Lost Radiance! This is a sort of piano interpretation of the Hollow Bastion theme on steroids with what might have been the most interesting improv I've ever done shoved in the middle. Almost got on OCReMix! Almost. Got 4 yeses but also 4 noes so I was given the option to resub that I'm still considering.

Number 2! A Dearly Beloved Medley... Remix... Cover... thingy. On the request of a few people I took all of the different versions of Dearly Beloved from every single game in the series, and then remixed them all together in order. And yes - as requested by the original person - it is in chronological order! So Birth By Sleep is first. My favourite parts of this track are probably at 1:28 when the 358/2 Days version comes in or at 3:24 when the Dream Drop Distance version comes in. Working all of this out note by note was probably the hardest part of the entire medley. It was really cool to see the development that the theme has gone through throughout the series and how each new iteration of the theme is inspired by its game (for example, in DDD, that version of Dearly Beloved is very much carnival focused, and a lot more jumpy to represent the new Dream Eaters).

Number 3! A regular Kingdom Hearts Piano Medley! In this medley, I arranged 'Organisation XIII', 'Roxas Theme', 'Ventus Theme', 'Xion's Theme' and 'Dearly Beloved (DDD)'. My favourite part of this arrange is... well... all of it. I still play this whenever I can because it's a surprisingly fun and interesting combination of songs to play. Probably the part I'm personally most proud of is the Roxas theme, which leads me directly onto...

Number 4! A solo piano arrangement of Roxas Theme! This was intense to work out. I'm not too happy with the start, but it starts to really get intense at about 2:08.

If you want to put them all on auto-play, here's a playlist with all of them in it (plus an early version of 'Lost Radiance' and a short reorchestration of the Traverse Town Theme. Feedback would seriously be appreciated!

As soon as more Kingdom Hearts 3 music is shown/released, I'll be right there to work on arrangements. :D

New Nomura Interview http://www.khinsider.com/news/KHDestiny-KHisland-Interviews-Tetsuya-Nomura-at-Japan-Expo-3362
Nomura said:
Regarding D23 Expo Japan, this is the first time that Disney holds such an event outside the U.S., so it is a great honor for us to be invited. I’m very happy that we have the opportunity to hold a special conference for KINGDOM HEARTS. I really want to make a surprise announcement for this event but it is currently under discussion, so we’ll see (laughs). Since we announced KINGDOM HEARTS III at E3, we cannot make another announcement for the same game. Instead we will announce something else, which you will see soon enough.
This had better be KH2.5 HD or so help me...

Nomura said:
When I created the first KINGDOM HEARTS, I did not have a clear vision of the history of the Seeker of Darkness, but I was already thinking of the KINGDOM HEARTS II and Chain of Memories. I knew at that time that there were two additional games after the first KINGDOM HEARTS. Later, when I finished KINGDOM HEARTS Chain of Memories, I had other plans: Birth by Sleep, 358/2 Days and coded. This is kind of what happened in the history of the series: I did not have a clear idea of the whole story from the beginning, but it is built over time.

About the history of the Seeker of Darkness, I knew long ago that it would end in KINGDOM HEARTS III, and also, I've always wanted so KINGDOM HEARTS III on a console. The reason for the announcement of this title took us so long, is that some things that we wanted to add in the game asked us some time to think before making a decision. More details will be announced shortly.
Pretty much figured this

botty

Banned

What's next TGS? *giddy*

But wait... was 1.5 shown behind a curtain or was it open for everyone?

Pretty much figured this

Ah cool, I was just saying this in another thread, too.

I would say that Nomura knew what he was doing up until the very end of KH2. If you look at how Kingdom Hearts 1 begins and how Kingdom Hearts 2 ends, you can see he had a clear vision with those games.

I'd hope that they actually listen to the criticisms against how it was implemented in 3D if they're planning to use it in III and design it accordingly.

Giving everything to you right off the bat was an incredibly bad idea.

Top Bottom