• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

sasuke_91

best KH in HD.
We already got Kingdom Hearts I.
Just kidding, I love KH II.

Can't wait for this game. Comparing Kingdom Hearts II to the Final Mix Version, the FM-Version has so much more content to offer (much more than KH I FM has to KH I). And, as I said earlier, I still haven't played BBS, which is said to be amazing.

2014 is going to be awesome!

Dereck

Has anyone gotten all of the skills in Final Mix II by continuously beating the Organization members over and over again?

Has anyone gotten all of the skills in Final Mix II by continuously beating the Organization members over and over again?

All of the skills? You mean getting sufficient AP Ups to equip every skill? Yes.

It'd be silly to equip every single skill, though, given that Combo Plus and Combo Minus skills counteract each other.

Fou-Lu

Man I can't beat like any of the optional bosses in Final Mix... Not to mention I can't handle Sniper Wilds so I can't complete synthesis and get the Ultima Weapon. Feel like a failure.

Man I can't beat like any of the optional bosses in Final Mix... Not to mention I can't handle Sniper Wilds so I can't complete synthesis and get the Ultima Weapon. Feel like a failure.

I actually found them to be really easy. I was at level 100 though so that might be why. I just spammed stop for the sniper wilds and attacked them like crazy.

sasuke_91

Spamming Stop is the easiest way to beat that boss.
Just don't let your MP run down. Same goes for the optional boss in Agrabah.

Even Sephiroth is not as difficult as I remember him to be (Proud Mode). I remember playing Kingdom Hearts for the first time, I considered Sephiroth to be unbeatable.

Caladrius

Is there any way to play the web browser game (X) outside of Japan?

No idea. It might be IP locked so you might have to use a proxy.(Can't really help with that, unfortunately.)

Spamming Stop is the easiest way to beat that boss.
Just don't let your MP run down. Same goes for the optional boss in Agrabah.

Even Sephiroth is not as difficult as I remember him to be (Proud Mode). I remember playing Kingdom Hearts for the first time, I considered Sephiroth to be unbeatable.

Leaf Bracer is the main reason. Being immune to attacks during the cure and elixir animations defuses a lot of the risk involved in using them, which lets you heal more easily. I'm tempted to fire the game up and give a no LB run a go.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Oh :(

Is there at least an interesting story or anything worth reading about? I remember reading that the story was going to connect to 3?

Psxphile

Man, before I was thinking that Aquas new 2.5 model was the biggest improvement mainly due to hair but damn, MX went straight to old coot mode.

QhFpKS8.png

SH6mY1M.jpg

Dem cheekbones

Dem wrinkles

Dat goatee

It looks like they aged him a few more years.

Then again now that I looked at the latest HD trailer they still have MX that looks quite similar to old model so either they didn't implement that one in there yet or they made that up just to make some SE quality bullshots :lol.

Soriku

Then again now that I looked at the latest HD trailer they still have MX that looks quite similar to old model so either they didn't implement that one in there yet or they made that up just to make some SE quality bullshots :lol.

Considering they touched up the rest of the characters I'd be surprised if MX didn't get the same treatment.

Caladrius

Considering they touched up the rest of the characters I'd be surprised if MX didn't get the same treatment.

Not to mention that his textures got a massive resolution boost. They wouldn't waste that much work on bullshots. (The 1.5 ones were mostly swapping in the cutscene models right?)

Soriku

So it seems KH 3D isn't getting remastered.

http://sqex.info/nomura-discusses-kh2-5-kh3-khx/

-Speaking of which, KH3D isn’t getting an HD remake.

Nomura: The HD remastered versions are meant to recap the story leading to KH3. While we’re remaking the series, it’s a shame that only one won’t be in HD, but KH3 picks up where KH3D leaves off so it’s an important title to the series, you can’t forget about it.

This part was interesting on Recoded:

-Scenes from KH Recoded are also included in the compilation. How much footage from it will be included? And are voiced scenes being recorded?

Nomura: The scenarios of Recoded itself are rather short within the series, so it’s not as abundant as Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days was in KH1.5. But in accordance with the length of Days, scenes from it were structured mainly around the story involving Roxas and the series’ original characters. This time around, Recoded isn’t as long as Days, so most of the main story from the original has been converted to movie cutscenes. The events that took place in the Disney worlds have been newly made into movie cutscenes as well. Of course that means there will be new scenes that need voice recordings. Just last week they were recording the voices for events in the Alice in Wonderland world.

- That’s good news for Disney fans!

Nomura: After that we’re including battle scenes that we couldn’t put in at the time of Days and though they are few, we’ll be adding new scenarios too.

- Scenes that didn’t take place during the game version?

Nomura: Yes. Chronologically, Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance takes place after Recoded, so there will be scenes that fill in that gap.

And on KHx:

Nomura: I think that the scenarios of KHX from here on out will be surprising as well. In the episode concerning the clairvoyant, the prophesied events occurring in the future written by the clairvoyant will be revealed.

- By “the future”, what point of time do you mean?
Nomura: As for that, you’ll have to see for yourself. At any rate, the last verse of the clairvoyant is a major shocker. It’s something that connects to KH3.

Wonder if anything included in KHx will hint at whatever's coming in the story after KH3.

Psxphile

Even Nomura agrees that ReCoded would have been a bit barebones when turned into a movie.

So they can craft new movie scenes, but they can't give TVA their capes back. At this point it seems more of a conscience decision than a technical one.

- Speaking of new systems, we saw Sora’s Keyblade do a full on transformation.

Nomura: In the trailer, it became gun shaped, but it has unexpected transformations as well. The other day when I was doing a check up, a staff member said to me, “It turns into ___”, and I blurted out, “Are you serious!?” (laughs)

Time to play Mad Libs.

Soriku

Even Nomura agrees that ReCoded would have been a bit barebones when turned into a movie.

So they can craft new movie scenes, but they can't give TVA their capes back. At this point it seems more of a conscience decision than a technical one.

Time to play Mad Libs.

It turns into a dick!?

Caladrius

It's a pity that they won't. The Keyblade armor isn't nearly as majestic without it.

I imagine the lack of capes has more to do with not wanting to spend the time/money getting the cloth physics right as opposed to any stylistic choice.

Also

-
Nomura: In the trailer, it became gun shaped, but it has unexpected transformations as well. The other day when I was doing a check up, a staff member said to me, “It turns into ears of corn”, and I blurted out, “Are you serious!?”

So it seems KH 3D isn't getting remastered.
Eh, I see this as roughly the same as how FFXIII will almost certainly get a 'trilogy' release on PS4/Xbone but they won't talk about it now because they don't want to take away from current-gen Lightning Returns sales.

Soriku

Eh, I see this as roughly the same as how FFXIII will almost certainly get a 'trilogy' release on PS4/Xbone but they won't talk about it now because they don't want to take away from current-gen Lightning Returns sales.

Nomura mentioned 2.5 a long time ago, when 1.5 was still selling (though was it even out by then?).

DDD is also just one game, compared to a FF XIII trilogy they could make for next gen. It's not the same thing. Plus it would require working unlike FF XIII.

Caladrius

DDD is also just one game, compared to a FF XIII trilogy they could make for next gen. It's not the same thing. Plus it would require working unlike FF XIII.

There's quite a bit of porting work in both cases (Since the PS4 is x86 as opposed to a PowerPC, though to be fair Nintendo's customized hardware is probably a pain to port from), and keep in mind that there has been a full console remake of a portable game before (Re:COM), and COM didn't even have any 3D assets to begin with.

I could see them making a KH3D port to release as part of a compilation (Like a Kingdom Hearts III Final Mix+ or potentially even a mega collection like they made for the Final Fantasy anniversary.)

Protag

Banned
I just finished KH 1 again, but FM for tenfirst time.

JUST like i remembered it, een better. Although i didnt get to battle xemnas, hopefully i will soon

The latest interview reminded me that I will be soooooooo pissed off if they record new VA for fuckin Coded but won't add voices to the FM scenes.

Japanese VA for the scenes are already done so at least I imagine the chances being higher than with KH1FM where there wasn't japanese VA either. To be honest I would be ok with just KH2FM lines being recorded since BBSFM only has the new epilogue and wouldn't be as out of place as with KH2 constantly having no voices. If both are voiced I will give serious kudos to SE (lowered expectations obvs).

Fuck Coded

Tenrius

The Demyx fight in KH2 is frankly bullshit. First you have to defeat 50 forms within 40 seconds, which is somewhat challenging, then you have to go through a series of unfair attacks and in the middle of that they give you 10 more forms to defeat within 10 seconds without any sort of warning. If you fail, you have to replay the whole thing. And and all the reasoning behind this gimmick you get is "Got you now!" casually uttered by Demyx as you are transitioned to a game over screen.

The Demyx fight in KH2 is frankly bullshit. First you have to defeat 50 forms within 40 seconds, which is somewhat challenging, then you have to go through a series of unfair attacks and in the middle of that they give you 10 more forms to defeat within 10 seconds without any sort of warning. If you fail, you have to replay the whole thing. And and all the reasoning behind this gimmick you get is "Got you now!" casually uttered by Demyx as you are transitioned to a game over screen.
You could try Wisdom form + Fire spam.

Caladrius

It's even more fun in the final mix rematch where you have to kill 99 clones in 30 seconds. It's impossible without MP items equipped, and I'm speaking from experience.

Basically this.

Tenrius

It's even more fun in the final mix rematch where you have to kill 99 clones in 30 seconds. It's impossible without MP items equipped, and I'm speaking from experience.

Basically this.

I found that "Water Dance" (the reaction command you can use against those forms) works pretty well, as does the Trinity limit attack (I was able to destroy like 40 forms in 10 seconds using it). It's just the part with 10 forms / 10 seconds that is really annoying, especially considering how sudden it is. Wisdom form works great against Demyx himself though.

Well, pretty much any of the stuff in KH games that really breaks through the fourth wall in that particular way is kind of dumb, even in cases where it isn't particularly "tough".

Examples I can think of include Xemnas' Shock/Release attack in KH1FM and the Lingering Will's Break Free attack in KH2FM, Zexion's ability to steal your cards in Re:CoM, Marluxia's ability to blow your entire deck away in Re:CoM, Demyx's rather-arbitrary timer, Young Xehanort's tornado attack that blows away your command deck in BBS, and pretty much everything about the Luxord fight in KH2.

I'm pretty cool with some fairly-similar stuff (Lexaeus' Power stat in KH2FM, the 99-hits thing with Marluxia in KH2FM, the Data Bar with Vexen in KH2FM), even though they're still fairly gimmicky and immersion-breaking, because they at least don't break the way the gameplays and/or have game over conditions that make you do anything but be skillful at combat.

Caladrius

For future reference when everybody is playing Kingdom Hearts 2FM HD: Don't bother fighting the absent silhouettes until after you get Second Chance and One More. Trying to kill them without either is like pulling teeth out with a spoon.

Larxene has beaten my ass nearly 100 times as of this post.

EDIT: I literally cannot survive her turbine attack even with reflect spam. Screw this.

Top Bottom