• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Anybody having screen size issues with Kingdom Hearts I? Just started last night and I've been trying to go find ways to fix the size of it since it isn't taking up my entire TV. Any suggestions?

Teggy

Anybody having screen size issues with Kingdom Hearts I? Just started last night and I've been trying to go find ways to fix the size of it since it isn't taking up my entire TV. Any suggestions?

I have the same issue, I just left it and you kind of forget about it after a while.

I finally beat
Ursula
, which is where I got stuck on the game 15 years ago or whatever (wow, that's crazy). I really should look up a strategy because I feel like I must have been missing something. In the end I just brute forced it by loading everyone up on potions and basically face-tanking.

Chilikar

I think I read somewhere on this thread it has to do with the PS4 OS screen size setting. Apparently this game adjusts the whole entire visuals based on the ps4 screen size as opposed to other games which just changes the position of the huds

aravuus

Having almost leveled all forms to lvl 7 now (master form leveling is awful), I gotta say I just love how slick and fast and fluid moving around as Sora gets with all these growth abilities. Really, really hope they make a comeback in KH3. They should definitely make more hidden or unreachable areas that require different movement abilities, too.

Having almost leveled all forms to lvl 7 now (master form leveling is awful), I gotta say I just love how slick and fast and fluid moving around as Sora gets with all these growth abilities. Really, really hope they make a comeback in KH3. They should definitely make more hidden or unreachable areas that require different movement abilities, too.
Better hope they nerfed flow motion a bit than I suppose

Use blizzard on the stove. That way he cant light his batons, took me a while to. Dont use fire on him, it can inadvertantly light them making the fight way harder
It's unusual to have Blizzard before fighting that boss. He's the one that gives you what's usually your first Blizzard when you beat him.

aravuus

Oh shit, totally forgot Flowmotion was returning in KH3. There goes that hope, then.

Hopefully it doesn't end up completely ruining the level design, like it did with DDD.

Flowmotion is a double edged sword, to say the least. It's immensely fun to use, but it also basically makes all of the platforming or exploration a cakewalk, no skill required.
I personally like the trade off because I find the platforming a tedious waste of time, like i was just in the sewers of Disney town and I kept falling to the bottom and thinking if this was DDD I'd cheese this soooo hard. At the same time I get where ppl come from tho

Nah let's make every single part of Kingdom Hearts III filled with flowmotion. When Sora walks flowmotion happens. When Sora fights flowmotion happens. When Sora sneezes flowmotion happens!

Heck let's call it Kingdom Hearts III: L.O.C.O.Motion or some other crazy name.

Nah let's make every single part of Kingdom Hearts III filled with flowmotion. When Sora walks flowmotion happens. When Sora fights flowmotion happens. When Sora sneezes flowmotion happens!

Heck let's call it Kingdom Hearts III: L.O.C.O.Motion or some other crazy name.
You joke but flowmotion is one of the best additions to the franchise come at me. And if I don't get a playable kairi so I can use flow motion with her I'm dropping the series(no I'm not)

You joke but flowmotion is one of the best additions to the franchise come at me. And if I don't get a playable kairi so I can use flow motion with her I'm dropping the series(no I'm not)
I actually like flowmotion! I think it's stylish and brings a lot of fun. I did the joke more to P.O. the people who aren't a fan if it haha!

I actually like flowmotion! I think it's stylish and brings a lot of fun. I did the joke more to P.O. the people who aren't a fan if it haha!
345fb24f8f99a6e2f7dd907ac891d88dee4b0610_hq.gif

It's kind of hilarious that the game most well equipped to handle any sort of intensive platforming only really has it in one optional area.

And playing through KH1, I really miss elemental weaknesses actually being meaningful. It took a few years before I found out that quite a few bosses have at least one spell that mollywhops them, like Dragon Maleficent being free to Stopga.

aravuus

Damn it, second crash in 24 hours, except that this time I hadn't saved in half an hour so I lost a bit of progress.

Might as well drop it here, then, might pick it up again after P5. Managed to do most of the optional content I set out to do, anyway.

Damn it, second crash in 24 hours, except that this time I hadn't saved in half an hour so I lost a bit of progress.

Might as well drop it here, then, might pick it up again after P5. Managed to do most of the optional content I set out to do, anyway.
Seeing all these crashes I can't imagine me touching kh1 again if it would've crashed during my play through glad I was lucky

aravuus

Seeing all these crashes I can't imagine me touching kh1 again if it would've crashed during my play through glad I was lucky

A crash once every 12 hours isn't that bad, like it probably shouldn't stop anyone from playing the game(s). There should be absolutely none, of course, and it is a bit absurd they exist. Thankfully saving is very fast.

Why does "This is Halloween" work so well as an overworld song? I can listen to it forever.

Because it's a fucking great song otherwise too lol

I've watched Nightmare Before Christmas a bunch of times, most of those times because I wanted to hear the songs again.

Meowster

I think I did it grinding Ice Titan last time. Equip all Tech Plus skills and you should get quite a lot XP from guarding his projectiles.
I will try that. I was going to get a second EXP ring to give to Donald and try to swing through all of Traverse Town. I just beat the Phantom in Neverland to get Stopga - I remembered this dude being a lot harder as a kid. That was a pretty easy fight.

What version of Dearly Beloved gets played in the menu connecting all the Kingdom Hearts games together?
giphy.gif

I think I did it grinding Ice Titan last time. Equip all Tech Plus skills and you should get quite a lot XP from guarding his projectiles.
This helps a lot cause the Ice Titan gets easier and easier the more you memorize his attacks. If you don't mind me I intruding I also recommend repeatedly fighting the enemies around Traverse Town and Hollow Bastion once you reach a certain point in the game if you find yourself struggling to beat the Ice Titan.

I will try that. I was going to get a second EXP ring to give to Donald and try to swing through all of Traverse Town. I just beat the Phantom in Neverland to get Stopga - I remembered this dude being a lot harder as a kid. That was a pretty easy fight.
Phantom, Sephiroth, and KH1FM Xemnas each basically have one 'fuck you up no matter what your stats are' attack - Phantom's is the HP-draining orb that follows and orbits Sora and needs to be deflected. It's probably the easiest of the three to defend against.

In KH1,
why didn't they just use their boats instead of building a raft?
Been wondering about that for years and years.
Because the raft was obviously a better idea to use with its 3 logs,cloth for a sail and rope compared to the adult made boats they used to get to the island in the first place..duh

Because the raft was obviously a better idea to use with its 3 logs,cloth for a sail and rope compared to the adult made boats they used to get to the island in the first place..duh
I still don't get how they were thinking of traveling on a sail of all things. Then again I'm not 12 or 13 or however old they are. It was in the PS2 manual.

Man I miss the old manuals...
Dearly Beloved from Piano Collections

Best quality I could find on Youtube
Thanks Azuran! I thought it sounded different! Appreciate it!

Argh it's only been a year?!

He's done more than I have in 24!

Oh well, hopefully he'll finally ask Kairi out or something like Noctis with Iris.
Crazy to think about all that's happened really only spanned two years haha. Some one piece pacing time wise

I like that Aqua stays in the realm of darkness for 10 years but doesn't age because of reasons.
Lol all three of them will look exactly the same while those 3 lil kids are all grown up

Teggy

In KH1,
why didn't they just use their boats instead of building a raft?
Been wondering about that for years and years.

I started the game a couple of times over the years but never caught until this time that they didn't actually live on the island and had parents. I thought they were some kind of weird orphans stuck on the island and that's why they needed the raft.

I like that Aqua stays in the realm of darkness for 10 years but doesn't age because of reasons.
Just your usual anime rule of thumb!
Crazy to think about all that's happened really only spanned two years haha. Some one piece pacing time wise

Lol all three of them will look exactly the same while those 3 lil kids are all grown up
Yep. I still hope that Sora does...something! Anything with Kairi. Heck make it Namine to anger the fans!

Don't do that.
I started the game a couple of times over the years but never caught until this time that they didn't actually live on the island and had parents. I thought they were some kind of weird orphans stuck on the island and that's why they needed the raft.
Poor Sora's mom.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh

I had this issue, if you go int the PS4 diaplay settings you expand the borders. For some reason the game sets itself to whatever PS4 setting you have.

Top Bottom