• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

RalchAC

Yeah but that's different since it's another language and the JP version was so far ahead.

I expect nothing from them. The game wasn't available in our region, so we don't have any "right" when it comes to our saves and stuff.

I don't know what I will do, personally.

Credo

Now that Sephiroth has been released here, are there any medals coming in the near future that are worth saving up for? I have 3500 jewels right now, and I'm tempted to pull on this Wicked Deal that only has 1 day left, but I'd be open to saving jewels if I knew of any significant new medals coming to NA soon.

Zebei

Now that Sephiroth has been released here, are there any medals coming in the near future that are worth saving up for? I have 3500 jewels right now, and I'm tempted to pull on this Wicked Deal that only has 1 day left, but I'd be open to saving jewels if I knew of any significant new medals coming to NA soon.

Im not sure what is ahead but im almost certain it would be a better idea to just save. The wicked deal doesn't seem too great.

Malyse

Boss Marluxia and Illustrated Kairi are both pretty broken.
I wonder if I can one pull both again.

Credo

I'm not doing too badly on medals except with Blues. I don't have a single one with a special that hits more than 3 times. I have Minnie to keep me alive thankfully, but not having a many-hit medal like Stitch or Cloud is really holding me back.

Lnds500

I'm not doing too badly on medals except with Blues. I don't have a single one with a special that hits more than 3 times. I have Minnie to keep me alive thankfully, but not having a many-hit medal like Stitch or Cloud is really holding me back.

Are there multi-hit blue medals? Besides Sora & pals

We are certainly going to have a new limited medal(or two) Friday. You probably shouldn't pull.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Voiced Aquaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Edit: lol cool they gave a HD Aqua medal for free

Primus

Here's the thing: pretty much every Premium medal (that is, the time-limited ones from Jewel Draws like Sephiroth and Sora&Pals) that is coming down the pipe will be either equal to, or better than Sephiroth. There are some rare exceptions, like Luxord ain't all that great, but regardless of what you spend and what you get, better medals are coming that will eclipse them.

Spend on what you like, and don't get too salty at the low drop rates.

Also, expect new deals to show up at reset tonight (12am PDT, 3am EDT), and with E3 next week they'll probably be new Premiums.

RalchAC

The probem with Magic medals right now, is that there aren't any good units that can deal single target damage.

In the meanwhile, Power has KH Cloud, BC Riku and Leon B.

And Speed has Stitch, at least 3 different forms of Sora and probably something else I'm missing.

I would use my Magic medals against the whale boss, but after a while I found it was much better to use my Treasure Trove due to the lack of good single target medals.

My strategy normally is:

1.- Use DiZ and Phil (4 bars).
2.- Use Goofie A (22% Guilt)
3.- The fish fin is dead. (I recover 5 bars).
4.- Spam my Cloud and Ava Pug's one for 2 turns.

Those 2 Clouds alone, fully buffed, outclass my Magic team damage since all of my units deal damage to multiple targets (plus I only have Vivi, not the colour specific buff).

Primus

The probem with Magic medals right now, is that there aren't any good units that can deal single target damage.

NA's lack of Roxas (SP), which should have come out by now, is the main culprit here. Best single-target Magic medal until Zexion shows up with the OXIII medals.

Famassu

I have (I think) magic/blue KHII Mickey who can hit pretty hard. Not multi-hit, but his single hit is pretty close to the totals of some buffed multihit-dudes of other colours. With Vivi's STR buff, I think I've seen something like 14k damages, while some red 7x hit dude's single strike is a little over 2k.

I'm confused; why does the number of hits matter outside of Egg quests?

Was Japanese Unchained all that much better only 2 months in?

Japanese players apparently got permanent daily jewel quests at that point, so yes.

Credo

Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll hold onto my jewels for a while.

I'm confused; why does the number of hits matter outside of Egg quests?

I play this very casually, so I've no idea about how everything works. I just always assumed the 13-15 hit medals would be better than the 1-3 hit medals, but if the damage output is generally the same regardless of hits, I don't suppose it would matter.

Ilvocare

Here's the thing: pretty much every Premium medal (that is, the time-limited ones from Jewel Draws like Sephiroth and Sora&Pals) that is coming down the pipe will be either equal to, or better than Sephiroth. There are some rare exceptions, like Luxord ain't all that great, but regardless of what you spend and what you get, better medals are coming that will eclipse them.

Spend on what you like, and don't get too salty at the low drop rates.

Also, expect new deals to show up at reset tonight (12am PDT, 3am EDT), and with E3 next week they'll probably be new Premiums.

The new offers would come Friday, no? When deals start to run out they start counting in hours, and it still says "1 day left".

In other news my Speed deck needs help badly. Like, BADLY. With KH CoM Riku and BC Mickey, my Magic and Power decks are more than fine. But my most powerful Speed medals are 6* guilted Stitch and Sora Ver. A. Should I try to fit Aladdin inside somewhere or wait for a better pull in the future?

EDIT: If the green whale is primarily Speed element why would you ever want to use Magic to kill him

Primus

The new offers would come Friday, no? When deals start to run out they start counting in hours, and it still says "1 day left".

Yeah, I keep getting messed up on new medal reset day, and for some reason I keep thinking it's Thursday mornings.

Ala Alba

Whelp, ran into the
Cerberus
boss.

He straight-up kills me in a single hit.

Any tips that don't rely on having a particular medal?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Whelp, ran into the
Cerberus
boss.

He straight-up kills me in a single hit.

Any tips that don't rely on having a particular medal?

Def Boost and Paralysis. Bring a healer if you need one (Jiminy can be farmed).

Hope Paralysis procs (if not, you can restart the app for a freebie restart). If you take a hit, hope Def Boost procs. :)

Ilvocare

The tail part is a power element.

So? You do neutral damage to Power and 1.5x damage (assumingly, on my end) to the other two parts with a power deck. As opposed to 0.5x (again, I don't know the exact multiplier when it comes to resistances but that's what it FEELS like) damage to the top and main body but 1.5 to the fin.

I ask again. Why would you opt to use a primarily Magic-based keyblade against a primarily Speed-based boss.

Yeah, I keep getting messed up on new medal reset day, and for some reason I keep thinking it's Thursday mornings.

Probably because story updates, as well as major infrastructure-related updates seem to always drop on Thursdays?

Skittles

So? You do neutral damage to Power and 1.5x damage (assumingly, on my end) to the other two parts with a power deck. As opposed to 0.5x (again, I don't know the exact multiplier when it comes to resistances but that's what it FEELS like) damage to the top and main body but 1.5 to the fin.

I ask again. Why would you opt to use a primarily Magic-based keyblade against a primarily Speed-based boss.
When the boss is around level 20 it becomes next to impossible to break his tail without dying. Eventually it takes an entire 2 turns of just focusing on the tail to break it. So switching to a magic keyblade isn't a bad idea at all, because otherwise you miss out on like 30-40 event coins.

I could see someone using their Three Wishes for when the boss gets to level 25+ and you need the whole two turns just to take out the tail, and then switch over to Treasure Trove. I should actually be doing that myself!

edit: Beat me to it.

Ilvocare

When the boss is around level 20 it becomes next to impossible to break his tail without dying. Eventually it takes an entire 2 turns of just focusing on the tail to break it. So switching to a magic keyblade isn't a bad idea at all, because otherwise you miss out on like 30-40 event coins.

I could see someone using their Three Wishes for when the boss gets to level 25+ and you need the whole two turns just to take out the tail, and then switch over to Treasure Trove. I should actually be doing that myself!

edit: Beat me to it.

Sure, I guess... I wasn't really expecting the tail to require more damage than the boss itself, was my point, but whatever.

CRS

I think the Boss gets around 25 Bars of Life at Level 99. Preeeeeeeeeeeeety insane.

12f9ea878519dcf2006376bf3aac0e2d.jpg

CRS

So, what are some of the best medals to farm at the beginning? Are there any must haves to look out for?

Personally,

Power: Wakka, Young Herc

Magic: Donald A

Speed: Stitch, Sora A

The best medals to get from pulls would be any medal that buffs and a healer. If you don't get either, keep a look out for the Twilight Kids and Jiminy for the heals.

c-murph

Personally,

Power: Wakka, Young Herc

Magic: Donald A

Speed: Stitch, Sora A

The best medals to get from pulls would be any medal that buffs and a healer. If you don't get either, keep a look out for the Twilight Kids and Jiminy for the heals.

Oh awesome.

I got a couple Sora As and Donald As already!

Top Bottom