• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

CRS

ceb2bdc51db8e29d48c27e4f651040c7.png

10 new medal slots in the update that just went out

Maybe 5 new medals?

Tidd

ceb2bdc51db8e29d48c27e4f651040c7.png

10 new medal slots in the update that just went out

Maybe 5 new medals?

Maybe 4 and 2 premiums again? I don't think we will get premiums starting as a 5* like Japan did at the beginning. But I could be wrong.

I always love to speculate which medals we could get. xD
Megara, Cinderella, Jasmin, Jack, would be the 4 normal medals and Cloud + another upgraded medal?

CRS

Also, chests that drop Special Gauge spheres got a Texture update.

d60f7ddab7548b123f9086f2cf2e9892.png

Now they're a LOT more noticeable than just having a slightly more orange look it previously had.

Skittles

d60f7ddab7548b123f9086f2cf2e9892.png

Now they're a LOT more noticeable than just having a slightly more orange look it previously had.
This is such a nice change. Makes running through areas a bit faster

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

QoL updates are always nice.
You better hope so. This event is great.
Great as in we get better/more useful farmable units compared to Snow White and the Dwarfes ? lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Looking for advice, GAF. Which of my 6* should I give my Chip & Dales to next? My speed sora is already 1000/1000, and i think Yuna is slightly boost already.

BC Mickey is a beast. But any of the top row power medals in your picture are great candidates.

Minnie is actually a great medal to put Dales into since you will be using it in a lot of situations to keep you alive regardless of it's magic type.

RalchAC

It would be great if Premium medals returned in the West. I don't understand why having medals that can't be obtained after a 2 week period.

I'm not saying they should add them to the pool for a week every month. But having them sooo limited is awful.

Wait why the hell does Org. XIII Roxas count as a Reverse medal?

Because he was part of an evil group?

And we already have one million light Soras.

Is there any reverse Riku in Japan?

Ala Alba

Quick question: What is the AP recovery rate? I know it's shorter that 1 per 5 minutes like in many other games of this type, but how much shorter?

Malyse

It would be great if Premium medals returned in the West. I don't understand why having medals that can't be obtained after a 2 week period.

I'm not saying they should add them to the pool for a week every month. But having them sooo limited is awful.

Because he was part of an evil group?

And we already have one million light Soras.

Is there any reverse Riku in Japan?
Yeah, I have it.

Personally,

Power: Wakka, Young Herc

Magic: Donald A

Speed: Stitch, Sora A

The best medals to get from pulls would be any medal that buffs and a healer. If you don't get either, keep a look out for the Twilight Kids and Jiminy for the heals.

Honestly, you can ignore the Twilight Town kids. You have to be very unlucky to not get a buff medal after 2-3 tries.

Goofy A (Power), Selphie (Magic), and Tidus (Speed) are also decent medals.

Famassu

So one question about leveling up medal skills...

What happens when I, say, merge two Stitch 3* medals (and thus get one yellow blob), level that up to 5*, merge that Lvl 1 5* Stitch with an older (max leveled) 5* Stitch I have which I haven't ever merged with other Stitch medals? Does the max leveled 5* Stitch get 2 level ups for the special attack or will it just be as if I merged two Stitch medals with no upgrades to its special attack? I know I could level up the newer Stitch and then merge the older one to add a second yellow blob, but it'd be nice if I could save some effort and just merge the level 1 one with the max leveled one.

Psxphile

So one question about leveling up medal skills...

What happens when I, say, merge two Stitch 3* medals (and thus get one yellow blob), level that up to 5*, merge that Lvl 1 5* Stitch with an older (max leveled) 5* Stitch I have which I haven't ever merged with other Stitch medals? Does the max leveled 5* Stitch get 2 level ups for the special attack or will it just be as if I merged two Stitch medals with no upgrades to its special attack? I know I could level up the newer Stitch and then merge the older one to add a second yellow blob, but it'd be nice if I could save some effort and just merge the level 1 one with the max leveled one.

You get two: one for the initial merger, and another for the dot one already has

So what should I be doing with my status element Scrooges? Any specific strategies?

Also, isn't Sleep useless unless it's on a Friend Medal?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So what should I be doing with my status element Scrooges? Any specific strategies?

Also, isn't Sleep useless unless it's on a Friend Medal?

The only other use for Sleep is when you have a medal that gets a bonus to sleeping targets. Otherwise, yeah - pretty useless right now.

The only other use for Sleep is when you have a medal that gets a bonus to sleeping targets. Otherwise, yeah - pretty useless right now.

Also can be used when dealing with a group of enemies.

For example, depending on your build, Sleep can be useful for surviving the Treasure Trove adamantite challenge. Put one Invisible to sleep, then focus on the other one.

That said, yeah, Sleep is extremely situational.

Psxphile

Not completely, some medals' special attacks are boosted if used on a sleeping opponent. You pretty much have to set them up right next to each other to avoid waking the target early, and it's a little too situational for most people to want to rely on.

I feel status attacks are best used on medals with Special attacks you might not want to spam every turn since they only trigger during tap attacks. So most support units like Minnie or the many strength-boosting medals would be ideal.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Also can be used when dealing with a group of enemies.

For example, depending on your build, Sleep can be useful for surviving the Treasure Trove adamantite challenge. Put one Invisible to sleep, then focus on the other one.

That said, yeah, Sleep is extremely situational.

Works for Paralysis, too.

I guess it could be useful for multiple targets, but that hasn't been a pressing issue (yet?).

Are the status damage bonuses good? I have a few of those but not sure if they should replace things I have.

I guess it could be useful for multiple targets, but that hasn't been a pressing issue (yet?).

Are the status damage bonuses good? I have a few of those but not sure if they should replace things I have.

Ironically, none of them seem worth it outside of the Sleep damage bonus (because that's the only notable increase). You'll find much better medals that don't rely on statuses.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

As stated above me, there are medals that don't rely on that status to do good damage. If the multiplier were huge in comparison (like 5x+), the gamble might be worth it. But as it stands now, it's the same gauge cost for the same damage for less chance. If it's all you have, it works. But there are definitely better medals out there.

E: The bonus damage to paralyzed or poison targets are fine as those status effects are helpful outside of the other medal damage boost. But again - don't rely on that extra multiplier for damage. Treat it as icing on the cake.

Ilvocare

Oh.

Now I understand the tail problems everyone's been having.

Because past level 10 the boss health scaling goes nuts.

A-at least you get like 20 more coins per boss killed? Maybe? If you're lucky???

On another note, I've been balancing the raid boss grind with moving forward in the Colosseum.

Beat round 12 on T10 with all OTKO's, and I'm close to breaking through 4500. What're you all at? (Reminder that the Colosseum rankings are universal, not faction-based.)

EDIT: On another note, I kinda... really, really don't like how the special gauge chests look now. They stand out more, but the gray backing just looks fucking awful...

Hey guys, my party recently decided to basically quit so I'm marooned.

Any chance I could get an invite into a GAF party? I'm on Unicornus.

Thanks.

Just cleared 28. It's getting much harder to move forward. No more OTKO.

I finished 18 a while ago, I could pass 19 with a boatload of lucky procs (or newer medals too but I'm not pulling until I can buy the rest of the cost outfits, I need another 6* in my deck) I wish I could use your Mickey though :(

Top Bottom