• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

I got to 552k with a +56% bonus. Unless I can pull an Illustrated Cloud or Sephiroth from the 3000 pull I'm not sure if I can actually get above 630k, which is necessary to guilt the Shadow medal.

Sölf

Not yet. What you missed
-Judy Hopps (premium avatar board)
-Nick Wilde (premium avatar board
-Illustrated Yuffie (premium avatar board, ending July 11th, PT)
-Snow White (event)
-7 Dwarves (event)
-HD Aqua (free gift)
-KH 3D Sora (event)
-KH 3D Riku (event)
-Meow Wow (event)

The latter 3 will get reintroduced in an event where you can combine them. We will probably also get an event to be able to guilt HD Aqua.
Outside of HD Aqua, none of the time limited medals are really good.
I actually got Aqua (since that was with the EU start) as well as Yuffie (at least one of the boards). And I think 2 Meow Wows, but with only 2 that medal isn't even that good.

But eh, thanks anyways. >_>

Sölf;209603281 said:
I actually got Aqua (since that was with the EU start) as well as Yuffie (at least one of the boards). And I think 2 Meow Wows, but with only 2 that medal isn't even that good.

But eh, thanks anyways. >_>

Don't feel bad, most of the medals you missed are pretty bad. Snow White can be good but is very situational.

Sölf

Don't feel bad, most of the medals you missed are pretty bad. Snow White can be good but is very situational.

BUT 100%! D:

I just did the boss a second time. Or am doing it a second time. Why didn't I wait for respawn of the parts last time? All the juicy exp!

creid

If I want to level up a skill ASAP, is repeatedly running a short 3 AP quest (while avoiding as many battles as possible) the best way to go?

edit: the help text says to "defeat enemies" to raise skill level, but since they only tell you about skillups at the end of a quest I always assumed there was a small chance of leveling a skill up at the end of every quest.

Falk

that puzzling face
So I guess long term goal is to pull an Alice and Namine for the Hades and Cerberus requirements.

GOD

Sölf

I finally managed to beat the first adamantite Challange. I at least got my first ore. xD

Also, what are the black/yellow buffs that my Three Wishes Keyblade received with level 21?

Falk

that puzzling face
Upright/Reverse medal bonuses.

edit: For example in this:
GN5u2bkl.jpg

1.65 only applies to Upright medals.

1.45 only applies to Reverse medals (black border, villains, etc)

Brandson

646k is my highest so far with 65% bonus, killing everything. I used one slot on a non-bonus Minnie medal, for healing. The only way I think I can go higher is if I can get rid of that, and still kill the toughest Invisible.

Edit: Got 684k with a more potent friend medal, but only at rank 258 with that.

Falk

that puzzling face
Huh. I hadn't bothered going back to the lv140 Proud quests, but then I realized story bosses were already pretty close in level and events often went way higher so I went and took a gander, and steamrolled all of them.

Didn't even think my blue deck would be able to do it. Power creep is real.

(Still need that Namine and Alice though)

646k is my highest so far with 65% bonus, killing everything. I used one slot on a non-bonus Minnie medal, for healing. The only way I think I can go higher is if I can get rid of that, and still kill the toughest Invisible.

Edit: Got 684k with a more potent friend medal, but only at rank 258 with that.

646k with a +65% bonus?

Hm... I wonder what the minimum bonus percentage is to break 630k (for the last Shadow medal required to guilt it). My current medals only give me +56%, and I got a score of 552k. I can get a new Epic medal so I can increase that to +63% by replacing my KH 3D Riku medal.

Would +63% be enough?

also

Banned
But the person I just quoted said that they got 646k with a +65% bonus...?

I got 692k with a 95% bonus. So
692k/1.95= 354k
646k/1.65= 391k

Something doesn't add up. Maybe Brandson means 68% before taking the friend medal into account. Or maybe I missed some enemies.

Boogiepop

Just barely managed to squeak out an adamantite from the treasure trove challenge. Where would it be best to put it, for the sake of the high score challenge?

ndesu

Neo Member
Can anyone in the bottom 3 unions please post pics of top 3 solo/party rankings for me please? I want to know which union I'm moving to tomorrow. Thanks!

Edit: A shot of vulpes top 3 solo/rankings would be useful as well I guess... Please and thanks~

Falk

that puzzling face
Went from ranking 1600 to 2000 in a day. 4 days left.

Going to be depressed if it goes over 5k by the time the event ends.

Gonna submit a request to change the event name from "High Score Challenge" to "What Medals Do You Got Lol Challenge".

Primus

A week of Challenge Events will start with the reset tonight. One per day, it'll reward things like Chips, Dales, and Cids.

also

Banned
Can anyone in the bottom 3 unions please post pics of top 3 solo/party rankings for me please? I want to know which union I'm moving to tomorrow. Thanks!

Edit: A shot of vulpes top 3 solo/rankings would be useful as well I guess... Please and thanks~
Here are the rankings for Ursus
UISzvKe.jpg
jyPNIAp.jpg

Falk

that puzzling face
Z3cPINRl.png

vOmGlx8l.png

Turns out with enough Attack Boost II procs I don't actually need Namine!

edit: was trusty Starlight too. Probably could have done to switch Mickey out with something else. Ended up not using his special since I had to ration 15 gauge across 2 turns.

KZ9V5O6l.jpg

Now to see how lucky I need to get for 1-rounding Hades. Probably not doable anyway.

Psxphile

Goodbye, Treasure Trove Pt. 2. Until we meet again.

HELLOOOO STARLIGHT AND OLYMPIA PT. 2s.

These look a little more doable. Maybe.

EDIT: or at least they would if they didn't crash all the time

Good news for you Adamantite collectors: the new challenges for Starlight and Olympia are really, really easy (especially Starlight).

You'll need to prep for Olympia, as it only has one fight (one High Wizard + two Invisibles), but it's entirely doable.

EDIT: Just did a 3000-pull. It went really well! I got a whole bunch of Reversed medals (the first ones I've ever gotten from a pull), including Pete, who will finally serve that cheap AoE Power niche I've been craving for.

The biggest thing, however, was KH Kairi. While her effect will only last two turns (I'd obviously prefer Pooh & Piglet), it is still a huge boon for me to be able to increase my strength that high with little cost. I think I'll be able to break 630k in the high score challenge with her in tow.

also

Banned
So I broke 700k with a 103% multiplier and a lot of resets. Still not enough to place in the top 200, though :/
isMEWA2.png

Olympia +21
Goofy's special and poison were my main damage dealers and I only used Sephiroth's special when I needed just a tiny bit more of HP to survive a potential hit since it barely did any damage.

Anyone know what causes the variance in the score? I redid the quest and got ~1,5k less.

On another note, I wanted to buy the discounted 300 Jewels, to do another 10 pull and get a guaranteed +15% medal, but whenever I click the "Purchase" button I instantly get an error:
bGI9QfW.png

Never had any problems before version 1.1.0. I already contacted SE support but I worry they won't be any help.

RalchAC

Today is a great day for doing the Colisseum. The daily quest has a lot of chests to recover your Special Gauge and it only costs 5 AP.

Went from ranking 1600 to 2000 in a day. 4 days left.

Going to be depressed if it goes over 5k by the time the event ends.

Gonna submit a request to change the event name from "High Score Challenge" to "What Medals Do You Got Lol Challenge".

Let's call it the "Deep Pockets Challenge"!

creid

I kind of copied Falk's loadout for the high score challenge and managed to break into the top 2000. Kind of kicking myself now, I just realized I can get 15% more boost if I get my other Illus Yuffie to 6*, and my week of access to all quests just ended.

Skittles

can one of yall become a whale and throw up a guilted BC mickey? I'm 1/8th of a bar away from killing the two invisibles in the olympia quest :(

also, what's the best mission to level up skills?

Sölf

Nearly at mission 300. I can start smelling endgame!

That aside, I have a few questions for endgame:

Any way to get more jewels except for Daily Challenges and Daily login bonus? Same goes for Avatar coins, I guess the weekly union/guild ranking is the only way to get those, eh?

can one of yall become a whale and throw up a guilted BC mickey? I'm 1/8th of a bar away from killing the two invisibles in the olympia quest :(

There really aren't many good multi-target power medals, huh? I mean BC Mickey is nice but not so great against speed enemies since you lose out on the boost; Cerberus is alright but not exactly "great".

Famassu

Just did my second or third 3000 pull ever and, hey, once again

6uNLOA5.jpg

4* Pluto
4* KHII Mickey
4* Mulan
5* Peter Pan
5* Musketeer Donald
5* Black Coat KHCom Riku
4* Selphie
4* Simba
5* Timeless River Pete
5* Pain & Panic

At least as far as getting Illustrated Cloud, Sora & Pals, Namine or other high tier or extremely useful medals go. I guess it's not the worst pull ever, but I'm not exactly crying tears of joy over here. I got a second pip for my KHII Mickey, yay? How good are Timeless River Pete and Pain & Panic? What about Musketeer Donald? Black Coat KHCom Riku?

Skittles

There really aren't many good multi-target power medals, huh? I mean BC Mickey is nice but not so great against speed enemies since you lose out on the boost; Cerberus is alright but not exactly "great".
Yeap, sucks because I only need like 2 more pips on my BC to do it I think
I kind of copied Falk's loadout for the high score challenge and managed to break into the top 2000. Kind of kicking myself now, I just realized I can get 15% more boost if I get my other Illus Yuffie to 6*, and my week of access to all quests just ended.
At least you'll be able to level her up before the event is over
Just did my second or third 3000 pull and hey, once again

6uNLOA5.jpg

4* Pluto
4* KHII Mickey
4* Mulan
5* Peter Pan
5* Musketeer Donald
5* Black Coat KHCom Riku
4* Selphie
4* Simba
5* Timeless River Pete
5* Pain & Panic

At least as far as getting Illustrated Cloud, Namine or other high tier or extremely useful medals go. I guess it's not the worst pull ever, but I'm not exactly crying tears of joy over here. I got a second pip for my KHII Mickey. How good are Timeless River Pete and Pain & Panic? What about Musketeer Donald? Black Coat KHCom Riku?
That Riku is absurdly good, and P&P are one of the better speed AOE medals. Any of the musketeers are good because of their high stats and low gauge cost

Famassu

He is? :D Never really seen anyone mention BC KHCOM Riku so I didn't think he'd be anything too amazing, especially with that self def-debuff. Your post makes my pull sound much better than I originally thought. :D Is Timeless River Pete a decent AOE power medal? He seems to be a slightly more powerful reversed version of KH1 Riku. Low cost power AOE, moderate but not especially high damage. I guess he could have his uses if there are a lot of battles with groups of enemies.

Primus

KHCOM Riku does massive AOE damage in exchange for that 3-tier Defense debuff. Was the first medal I max-Chip/Dale'd and is a staple on Three Wishes. Can only imagine how crazy he'd be Guilted.

Both Adamantite Quests weren't too hard. Starlight was one of the easier ones, and I had about as much difficulty with the Olympia as I did with the Treasure Trove (although as has been said before, bless Nico's guilted BC Mickey). I still don't get why the Three Wishes one has such a ridiculous spike.

Top Bottom