• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Skittles

Sölf;209839792 said:
Well, since I won't be able to beat Cerberus for the forseeable future, I will just level up my other medals. And maybe do a daily draw here and there. Today gave me two I already had and Tinkerbell, but I already have Minnie, so yeah~ >_>
What's giving you trouble with Cerberus? if i remember correctly i think a naimne makes him really easy
Well I assume I still get the 3,000 bonus still... I asked for the Cloud board in exchange since I was going to use the gems to buy it. But Still nothing from them yet. Sent the email on Thursday. I got the reply email asking for my info and to create a new account with its info on Friday afternoon. Wednesday today. Never gave me any time frame though...
hopefully they're nice enough to give you both
Yeah, already got bumped out of the top 2000. Not pumping any more money into this thing.
What's your score/rank?

thank you to ldysiara's sephy. he was the damage i needed to finish the olympia quest. now i have a shiny +22 olympia. looking at the the eventual +23 for all keyblades. looks like treasure trove and three wishes get the biggest boost

Boogiepop

Ugh, I'm guessing killing the level 200 Invisible versus failing to do so makes a big difference? I got my maximum percentage boost that I can and killed everything else, which has landed me JUST out of the top 5,000.

Skittles

Ugh, I'm guessing killing the level 200 Invisible versus failing to do so makes a big difference? I got my maximum percentage boost that I can and killed everything else, which has landed me JUST out of the top 5,000.
Yeap, he's worth like 52,800 score with no multipliers. So even with a 30% multi it makes a huge diff.

Wonder how many whales they've acquired since this event. Pretty sure it'll be impossible to get below 200 without being a whale. And would still be really hard to keep 1000 without spending some amount of money on the game.

Psxphile

Did everyone get their 600 jewels from doing the survey? Saw mine was sent with no notice when I logged in late last night.

After a bout of disappointing Daily Draws I've decided to go back to saving up for 10-pulls. Fortunately in a few days those of use who've been logging in since launch will get 500 jewels for Day 100.

Sölf

What's giving you trouble with Cerberus? if i remember correctly i think a naimne makes him really easy

Yeah, well, I have no Namine. I basically lack these things:

- Strength based defense buff
- Removing enemy buffs
- Defense Boost (all my Defense Boosts are in weak or strength medals, which don't really help here)

So, yeah, that's the problem. I currently can't survive his first attack.

Did everyone get their 600 jewels from doing the survey? Saw mine was sent with no notice when I logged in late last night.

After a bout of disappointing Daily Draws I've decided to go back to saving up for 10-pulls. Fortunately in a few days those of use who've been logging in since launch will get 500 jewels for Day 100.

I got them. Promptly did a 3 pull. Got jackshit. I really want the Roxas event so I can at least get jackshit on a greater level.

Sölf;209863873 said:
Yeah, well, I have no Namine. I basically lack these things:

- Strength based defense buff
- Removing enemy buffs
- Defense Boost (all my Defense Boosts are in weak or strength medals, which don't really help here)

So, yeah, that's the problem. I currently can't survive his first attack.

You really need to join a better party or get a Namine or Alice because it'll be more of the same in the coming missions, not to mention these events.

I got them. Promptly did a 3 pull. Got jackshit. I really want the Roxas event so I can at least get jackshit on a greater level.

I'm happy with pulling and not saving for future events because these medals aren't one time only and because it will be relentlessly depressing when Terra, Xion, Axel and all the previous medals are epics and I still draw friggin' Pinocchio. At least when I get sucky medals now it isn't too bad.

Sölf

You really need to join a better party or get a Namine or Alice because it'll be more of the same in the coming missions, not to mention these events.

Yeah, I am currently more or less solo because I am in a party with a friend and we are both Anguis. I mean, I would change but I don't really want him to be alone. And he doesn't play that often that he would fit in any of thise 20k Lux/week groups or even in a GAF group I think.

Do we even have European Anguis GAF guilds? xD

Famassu

I'm done doing pulls until I've maxed my cost from the avatar boards. Not being able to have more than three 6* medals is somewhat holding me back.

Sölf

I'm done doing pulls until I've maxed my cost. Not being able to have more than three 6* medals is somewhat holding me back.

I have the same problem. But I can't even use three 6* yet, I am missing like ~10 cost as well as god knows how many Cid medals. I cam currently just finishing up on missions, since I can't do that much more with being stuck on Cerberus and all. Well, maybe the next event will be a bit better than the current one.

RalchAC

Sölf;209881054 said:
I have the same problem. But I can't even use three 6* yet, I am missing like ~10 cost as well as god knows how many Cid medals. I cam currently just finishing up on missions, since I can't do that much more with being stuck on Cerberus and all. Well, maybe the next event will be a bit better than the current one.

I don't think so. Most of GAF is on Unicornis and Vulpes

I'm in a bit of a dilemma right now. I'm able to get a +78% bonus for the high score challenge (which should be enough to break 630k), but it requires a few things:

-I'll need to use 10 Cids on KH Kairi. Thing is, I already have a KH Kairi with 10 Cids, so this will be a waste once the event ends.
-I'll need to sacrifice either KH II Aerith or Vivi to give KH Kairi either Poison or Paralysis. After doing some trial runs, I determined it's simply not possible for me to beat the level 200 Invisible without one of those. KH II Aerith is more expendable since I just pull a KH II Kairi, but my Vivi has 4 pips on it and has the more preferable skill (Paralysis).

So, should I go for it? With a current score of 573k, I'm guaranteed 5 pips for the Shadow medal at this point. I could simply wait for the Magician Mickey B medals to finally show up and guilt it that way. What do you guys think?

Famassu

Sölf;209887786 said:
Well, I would maybe even change. If there is a european guildthat has room. And how much does the change cost?
100 jewels. The party I'm in (on Vulpes) has room. I'm not sure if it's specifically European but I am. It's not super active, but there are several more or less active players and there are some good medals shared. Nothing on the level of guilted 100% Sephiroths or Sora & Pals, but stuff that can help at least in story missions. There doesn't seem to be any strict rules to staying in the party.

Boogiepop

Some careful tweaking and a bit of luck meant I finally managed a run wherein I killed everything except one of the helicopter groups right at the end (had only one guage and low health), though it required swapping out a KH3D Sora for a Queen Minnie to survive through that much. Without a lucky break or something, I'd say that's as high as I'll manage.

499,722 score (a bit sad that I couldn't get that tiny boost for another magic mirror, but oh well). I'll be very happy if I can just stay in the top 5,000 so I can get the unique medal.

Are we supposed to get a story update tomorrow, which would hopefully in turn limit the number of people bum rushing to get a higher score right at the end?

Skittles

Sölf;209866426 said:
Yeah, I am currently more or less solo because I am in a party with a friend and we are both Anguis. I mean, I would change but I don't really want him to be alone. And he doesn't play that often that he would fit in any of thise 20k Lux/week groups or even in a GAF group I think.

Do we even have European Anguis GAF guilds? xD
Not being in a slightly active party is gonna hurt you quite a bit with any higher level event. You and your friend should switch to something
Sölf;209887786 said:
Well, I would maybe even change. If there is a european guildthat has room. And how much does the change cost?
Costs 100 jewels

Sölf

100 jewels. The party I'm in (on Vulpes) has room. I'm not sure if it's specifically European but I am. It's not super active, but there are several more or less active players and there are some good medals shared. Nothing on the level of guilted 100% Sephiroths or Sora & Pals, but stuff that can help at least in story missions. There doesn't seem to be any strict rules to staying in the party.

I just ask the european stuff because NA/EU is different. xD

Eh, well, screw it. Just send me an invite, if you guys have still room I would like to take my friend with me, even he isn't that active.
My code ist this: 1354918

Famassu

Sölf;209891470 said:
I just ask the european stuff because NA/EU is different. xD

Eh, well, screw it. Just send me an invite, if you guys have still room I would like to take my friend with me, even he isn't that active.
My code ist this: 1354918
I'm not the admin, but I'll pass your id along. Follow your invites. The party name is Key Warriors.
You've switched unions already, right?

Are these medals good? Besides the Goofy one

H0sJ1Aj.jpg

Famassu

Are these medals good? Besides the Goofy one

H0sJ1Aj.jpg
Black coat KHCoM Riku is apparently really good when fully leveled up and with all the Chips & shit melded together. I just got one but haven't yet had the Chips or Attack Up Is or IIs to get everything out of him (let alone even dreaming of guilting him). Luxord is probably one of the worst reversed medals. Not a horrible medal per se, but yeah, as far as Evil Dudes go, he's not all that special.

Yeah, KH CoM Riku is one of the best Magic medals by far. For only two bars you can do over 20,000 damage. Slap on some Chips and an Attack Boost II and he'll never leave your team.

By the way, the Goofy is not totally useless. Assuming it's an Attack Boost I (and not an Attack Boost All I), it's worthwhile to transfer his skill to someone else. Just level the skill up to 10 before transferring by grinding on raid bosses and mission 57. That's what I'm doing with an Abu that has a Defense Boost I.

also

Banned
Sölf;209920869 said:
This daily. The fuck.
Use 4 boosters (boost both speed-based and overall strength) and then use a medal with a special that has as few hits as possible.
This is basically a middle finger to anyone that didn't get the Illustrated Yuffie boards. No 6* Chip for freeloading peasants :/

Sölf

Use 4 boosters (boost both speed-based and overall strength) and then use a medal with a special that has as few hits as possible.
This is basically a middle finger to anyone that didn't get the Illustrated Yuffie boards. No 6* Chip for freeloading peasants :/

Well, I do have her, but she is only a 5* (as I only got one board) and I have no speed specific boost medals. So, yeah, I probably won't get that.

Tidd

Kairi, Vivi + Aerith and then CoM Riku is not enough lol

Same booster setup and a friend Guilted Yuffie did the job.

4 boosters + 47% guilted, Attack Boost II Yuffie (on slot 5 of Lady Luck, against the magic enemy) -> 35962 damage (I didn't see if my Attack Boost actually went off but I assume it must have).
Edit: Oh, she's at +175 attack as well.

Famassu

I did something like 37 649 with illustrated Yuffie with Aeris' strength buff, Attack Boost II, +100 strength from Chips, 46% guilt boost and the medal in the second slot of Lady Luck with 1.7x attack multiplier

Sölf;209921949 said:
Well, I do have her, but she is only a 5* (as I only got one board) and I have no speed specific boost medals. So, yeah, I probably won't get that.
I'm sharing my guilted illustrated Yuffie, so if my party's admin would just login to see my message about adding you to our party, you could probably do it if you have any str buff medals

With my 37% guilted, 1000/1000 Illustrated Yuffie, I was able to do over 50,000 damage with max power ups (3 neutral + 3 speed), and this was without Attack Boost II activating.

Tidd

10 new medals were added! Guess they will be for the Wonderland event. 6 Card soldier medals and 4 Queen of Hearts medals.

Edit: You have a keyblade which can open every lock and now I have to search a key because this stupid rabbit is afraid that I could destroy his house. -.-

Sölf

Tried the event again and managed to get 160k points, so at least I got a Magic Mirror. How do I use that one actually? Or is that 1% special for guilt? I can't seem to be able to use that on any of medals, but I don't have a single guilted medal so far.

Faiz

Sölf;209938284 said:
Tried the event again and managed to get 160k points, so at least I got a Magic Mirror. How do I use that one actually? Or is that 1% special for guilt? I can't seem to be able to use that on any of medals, but I don't have a single guilted medal so far.

Yeah it adds 1% to guilt bonus. Does nothing for an unguilted medal.

lyrick

Has anyone gotten the Daily Chip medal without [illustrated] Yuffie?

The closest I've gotten was with three boosters (Diz, Vivi Aerith) and a 925/1000 Illustrated cloud on Olympus w/ a 2.25 multiplier (~26K damage). I've tried with 6* CoM Riku, a 6* (3 pip) KHII King Mickey and a 6* Cerberus and those were not even close.

This Daily combined with the High Score event makes me want to say fuck this game and switch to Pokemon Go exclusively.

RalchAC

Has anyone gotten the Daily Chip medal without Yuffie?

The closest I've gotten was with three boosters (Diz, Vivi Aerith) and a 925/1000 Illustrated cloud on Olympus w/ a 2.25 multiplier (~26K damage). I've tried with 6* CoM Riku, a 6* (3 pip) KHII King Mickey and a 6* Cerberus and those were not even close.

This Daily combined with the High Score event makes me want to say fuck this game and switch to Pokemon Go exclusively.

I used a Illustrates Yuffie friend and Diz, Viví and Aerith

Skittles

Has anyone gotten the Daily Chip medal without Yuffie?

Hag, peter pan, or marluxia should probably be able to do it

I'll put a stop to my medal pulling until I got the last 2 premium avatar boards, 8 cost can make a huge difference on what I can equip. Last straw was when I pulled Jiminy, Heyner and Yuna on a daily lol.

Here's an idea, guarantee at least 1 medal to not be farmable.

Famassu

This boss fight in Alice world (mission 378 or something) -_-

Try #1: I forgot the Pain & whatever medal drains, like, 70-80% of your own health -> one shotted after first turn

Try #2: Don't use Pain & whatever medal, but can't kill boss in two turns and poison kills me despite defense boost activating for the actual attacks

Try #3: I remember I just got the Daisy speed medal -> I equip that, ready for some healing on my second turn. In addition to poison, boss also does paralyze. On my second turn, what would happen but paralyze causing my turn to skip past the Daisy medal and I'm dead again. -_-

And I'm out of AP at that point, so no retries until those regenerate.

Sölf

I am in the guild now, Famassu. Lielle and stuff.

Now I try this daily again... xD

Edit:
Ha, it worked! Still needed two tries because Attack Boost didn't procc on the first. xD

Skittles

Holy shit, wow that was butt clenching close. Finally got the last shadow needed to guilt him with a score of 632,566. Had a multiplier of 79% which is my literal max right now. Sitting at rank 1214 so I should be good. I'll post my team later

Sölf

With the new guild medals I actually managed to get up to 260k points. I doubt I will get any higher because I either lack good 5* medals or the cost to pur enough different 6* medals in. I also doubt I would be able to kill the Invisible without all of my power medals at all.

Psxphile

Has anyone gotten the Daily Chip medal without [illustrated] Yuffie?

Did it with a friend's Marluxia w/ Attack Boost II. Not slot boosts for Friend Medals so I really needed AB2 to pop, took several tries before it did. ._.

With Diz, White Rabbit and Twilight kid boosts Marluxia could do 25,000-26,000 to enemy weak to Speed, but when AB2 activates it shoots up to 36,000. I said wow.

Been trying to give High Score event another go now that I have a Musketeer Donald but there's, like, a 20% chance the Level 200 Invisible will one-shot me and a 70% chance the map will crash the game on my phone before I even get to it. SE plz.

EDIT: Almost as if summoned by my pleas, a response arrives by email regarding the 1.1 update fracas. I figure I'd post it since it goes into detail on what's needed for account transfer if you weren't able to back-up your data before the update hit and rendered your game unplayable:

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We apologize, unfortunately emulators are not included in our list of officially supported configurations, and their use may be affected by our ongoing anti-cheat measures and general updates. As a result you may not be able to play using this configuration. If you had logged into and linked a Facebook account you should be able to move to a supported device with minimal effort.

We understand that some players do not have access to a compatible device at this time and urge you to contact us back when you do have a device compatible with the game so we may assist further at that time.

If you had forgotten to link to a Facebook account we may be able to still assist if you can provide the following information. Please note that not all accounts can be recovered, but we will do our best to accommodate those that are affected by this problem.

- Player Name
- Player ID (Located in the upper right when you click on your player portrait)
- MAX AP
- Jewels Owned
- Coliseum Coins Owned
- Names of Unequipped Medals Owned, Number of Stars, and their Level
- Date/Time you first played the game (including time zone)
- If you have purchased any Jewels in the past, please provide the order IDs

We will also require you to create a new account that will be overwritten with the original account. Please create the new account and provide the following items.

- New Player Name
- New Player ID
- Date the New Account was set up

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

Who keeps track of coliseum coins and/or the stars and levels of every single one of their medals? I assume all that miscellaneous info is so that they confirm you own the account. Though if you don't have access to the game anymore it can be tricky to supply most of that information.

Skittles

What are your guys' setups like for the High Score Event?
JnGskjk.jpg

This is my setup. Nets you a 79% multiplier. I would recommend a Poison/Paralayze instead of Poison/Poison (had no paralayze left over). The double defense boost I is because I didn't have a defense boost II. +22 olympia, that riku does about 13k to the level 200 invisible with only 10% guilt

Edit: Also, keyblades can go up to +23 now. So get ready for even harder Adamantite quests. Not sure what keyblade i'd upgrade though, it's even tougher this time since it requires two

CRS

I wonder if I should upgrade to Olympia 23 and try one last attempt at the High Score since my +% Medals aren't that great.

Top Bottom