• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Boogiepop

Well, my hopes for a premium are officially dashed again for the moment. Last daily of the event got me extras of Adult Hercules and KH Riku for the sake of pips I guess, plus a Stitch.

Is it really possible to get a premium out of the dailies? Like, has anyone on here done it?

Man, I could really, really use a Sephiroth...

Psxphile

CnJ_SpxXYAEQt_a.jpg

It's possible.

:(

How good is the Sora, Donald, and Goofy medal? I just pulled one, but can't find it on any tier list I've checked.

Also, anything else good in this lot?

Thanks!

The Sora, Donald, and Goofy medal is a really rare medal (only comes at 6* and I believe only during these carnivals) so that's good. KH2 Aerith/White Rabbit really helpful as booster medals (especially Aerith) and BC Riku is awesome too. If you don't have Minnie, then Tinkerbell could be good in a pinch for healing. Hayner is farmable, so bleh and you're better off guilting Stitch (farmable) over using Master Form Sora imo. Also, Musketeer Donald and Marluxia are decent enough as far as i can tell.

edit: also, Wisdom Form Sora lasted me a while before eventually getting replaced in my magic deck.

Skittles

How good is the Sora, Donald, and Goofy medal? I just pulled one, but can't find it on any tier list I've checked.

Also, anything else good in this lot?

Thanks!
well you pulled the best AOE magic medal(sora, donald, goofy) and best single target speed medal(marl) we have haha. BC riku is def up there on the tier list and musketeer donald has high stats with a low cost special; so he's good too

After like a million retries, finally managed to kill every enemy with the best multiplier I could get (56%), satisfied with managing to grab another Shadow medal and currently at 2779th place so I don't see myself falling out of the top 5000.
Would've been nice to get that last Shadow for the guilt, but yeah this was the best I could do without spending more money.

Razmos

Managed to squeeze out a few more tries at the ranking this morning, ended up with 550000 and ranked somewhere in the early 2000's. I'm quite happy since I'll get Darkside and I have 5 special attack pips on my Shadows medal. I'll only need one micky and brooms medal to guilt it

Psxphile

Damn, I tried to complete the High Score Event one more time but the game either crashed or Invisible beat my shit in because of mistakes or Defense Boost/Poison not kicking in when I needed them. Fucking wow. This is the shit I have to put up with now that I can't use Bluestacks.

So now we have new Deals and a new Wonderland event. From the looks of it it's going to be like the Snow White event from before: grind for exclusive medals to evolve other medals. Hopefully these new Playing Cards and Queen of Hearts medals will be worth the effort to guilt, I don't even use my Snow White anymore.

Primus

So now we have new Deals and a new Wonderland event. From the looks of it it's going to be like the Snow White event from before: grind for exclusive medals to evolve other medals. Hopefully these new Playing Cards and Queen of Hearts medals will be worth the effort to guilt, I don't even use my Snow White anymore.

JP-side, the medals are once again of middling use. Card Soldier is a cheap AOE Power medal, but drains your own HP per use. Queen of Hearts is a very high-power single-target Power medal (tops out at 3.91x), but has a high cost of 4. Both medals are low Guilt, 25% max.

EDIT: That being said, we're starting to definitely climb the power mountain, and getting closer to the really big JP medals.

So did anyone guilt the Darkside medal? Seems like it gets pretty good, kind of bummed I didn't place better.

Probably skipping both of the event medals this time. Queen is just a reverse version of Riku and the soldiers have poo guilt.

Faiz

So did anyone guilt the Darkside medal? Seems like it gets pretty good, kind of bummed I didn't place better.

Probably skipping both of the event medals this time. Queen is just a reverse version of Riku and the soldiers have poo guilt.

Didn't even rank high enough for 1 Darkside.

Sölf

Didn't even rank high enough for 1 Darkside.

This. :(

I also didn't realize I need the card soldier medals in order to upgrade the Queen. I already used some of those for leveling because I needed more space. And I don't want to know how many card soldier medals I actually need. >_>

Skittles

got the darkside, seems like a slightly beefier sora ddd.

the new deals are super good if you're trying to guilt something. hoping they start to do that for epic medal carnivals

Sölf

Man, here is hope I somehow get enough jewels for a 3k pull, but I am only at 820 and stuck on Cerberus. And I got my 200 jewel bonus today. So maybe I at least manage to get one 1,5k pull. >_>

Tidd

That could be applied to any banner in this game.

Yup, you're right and if you're lucky you could get an awesome pull which would help you guilt some medals. But if you're F2P I would rather wait for a deal with guaranteed medals like Namine or other things which could help.
And seeing the last few weeks the deals get better and better with each week.
Of course everyone can do what they want and if someone decides to pull I really hope he won't end up with this:

seeing someone pull a 6* 3 pip hayner and pence would make me giggle

From reddit: Close enough?

Sölf

So, how many card soldier cards do I need to fully upgrade and guilt the Queen? 6 4* and 6 5*? I only have 4* Queens at the moment and they require two 4* cards each. Because I probably have to stockpile those before I can't farm them anymore.

Skittles

Yup, you're right and if you're lucky you could get an awesome pull which would help you guilt some medals. But if you're F2P I would rather wait for a deal with guaranteed medals like Namine or other things which could help.
And seeing the last few weeks the deals get better and better with each week.
Of course everyone can do what they want and if someone decides to pull I really hope he won't end up with this:

From reddit: Close enough?

This is making ME want to quit, I can't imagine what the user that pulled that feels.
Apparently the user had to go drink after that. Probably the most brutal 10 pull i've ever seen. only way it could be worse is if he already guilted those. This is why I only pull during carnivals

c-murph

Well, I finally got my account back. Only took slightly over a week for SE to come through. Making a fake Facebook account to prevent that from happening again. Missed out on a week on logins and Cloud board though... :(

Beat the first three stages in the Alice event. Going to do the last one soon. Whats the word on the Queen of Hearts Medal? Worth collecting all seven to guilt? What about playing card? I assume he sucks ass since they just give him to you.

Sölf

Well, I finally got my account back. Only took slightly over a week for SE to come through. Making a fake Facebook account to prevent that from happening again. Missed out on a week on logins and Cloud board though... :(

Beat the first three stages in the Alice event. Going to do the last one soon. Whats the word on the Queen of Hearts Medal? Worth collecting all seven to guilt? What about playing card? I assume he sucks ass since they just give him to you.

You can get additional Queen of Hearts Medals from the last one as random drops (maybe earlier). Also, you need Playing Cards in order to upgrade the Queen cards. So if you plan on upgrading/guilting them, stockpile enough playing cards. xD

Kitoro

Are there any truly updated tier lists these days?

The ones I check seem to lack a few of the newer ones from the last month or so.

Malyse

Are there any truly updated tier lists these days?

The ones I check seem to lack a few of the newer ones from the last month or so.

Tier lists are pretty pointless when you don't have any certainty on what medals you'll get when you draw and you can easily customize which keyblade you level up to work best with what you have. I sincerely doubt that anyone has all 500+ medals to be able to accurately and objectively rank one medal versus every other. Just saying.

c-murph

Sölf;210106062 said:
You can get additional Queen of Hearts Medals from the last one as random drops (maybe earlier). Also, you need Playing Cards in order to upgrade the Queen cards. So if you plan on upgrading/guilting them, stockpile enough playing cards. xD

Wait, wut? I unlocked all the Queen Cards from the four missions. Why would I need Playing Card cards to upgrade the queen card? Is that something new?

Psxphile

Wait, wut? I unlocked all the Queen Cards from the four missions. Why would I need Playing Card cards to upgrade the queen card? Is that something new?

It's similar to the Snow White event. You used other Snow White/Dwarf Medals of the same rank (they didn't need to be leveled) to evolve a Snow White/Dwarf medal (which *does* need to be leveled), instead of Fairy Godmother's, Yen Sids, etc.

c-murph

It's similar to the Snow White event. You used other Snow White/Dwarf Medals of the same rank (they didn't need to be leveled) to evolve a Snow White/Dwarf medal (which *does* need to be leveled), instead of Fairy Godmother's, Yen Sids, etc.

Ugh. I didn't participate in those events. Well, at least I know now.

Welp, it seems we'll need 2 Adamantite Ores for the next keyblade level up. Hopefully the next set of quests won't get overly ridiculous...

Famassu

Tier lists are pretty pointless when you don't have any certainty on what medals you'll get when you draw and you can easily customize which keyblade you level up to work best with what you have. I sincerely doubt that anyone has all 500+ medals to be able to accurately and objectively rank one medal versus every other. Just saying.
The tiers aren't random, though. They take into account max guilt, gauge cost, max strength, special attack strength multiplier and passive abilities/buffs/debuffs. So a Sephiroth isn't necessarily superior to most medals if you only ever get a single Sephiroth medal with no pips let alone being able to guilt him. Guilt it at any decent percentage or get something close to its max guilt at 100% (+ attack boost II) and he'll be a beast of a medal like very few others in the game.

Of course there might be some inaccuracies when it comes to someone deciding what is an 8.5 tier medal and what is an 8.0 tier medal, but all in all you can pretty easily divide medals into tiers.

Hopefully the next set of quests won't get overly ridiculous...
They will, don't worry. Or maybe not the next set of quests, but the ones after that probably will. Cerberus is already insane if one doesn't have access to at least a couple of guilted high tier medals or some great 6* medals all with +1000 strength, attack boost ii and at least a few pips..

Sölf

How do you even make screenshots in this game? With the sharing on Facebook option? Would love to let people laugh about my draws suffer with me.

Famassu

Most if not all smartphones (good enough to run KHUX) usually have some kind of screenshot function. Mine works by pressing the power & volume down buttons simultaneously for a second or two.

Sölf

Yeah, well, I do have that, but I need to slide an option menu down. Which I can't do ingame... xD

Edit: Wait, this actually works ingame. Good to know.

Famassu

Sölf;210215736 said:
Yeah, well, I do have that, but I need to slide an option menu down. Which I can't do ingame... xD
You mean you have some "take a screenshot" option in some menu? You sure your phone doesn't have a "shortcut" button combination like what my phone has?

Meneses

Man, i've been having connection errors all day, and now I can't even get to the main menu. First time since EU launch that i've had any trouble. Anyone else having issues?

I haven't changed anything on my phone and all my other games work fine, so I really have no clue what's going on all of a sudden.

Sölf

I am now at mission 354. Beat mission 350 on my first try, thanks to poison (which dealt ludicrous amounts of damage). I farmed a few Yen Sid Medals but I forgot I also need the fairy medals in order to upgrade. I now have like 15 Yen Sid Medals and can't use them... xD

Famassu

So I remember that someone here got their account back after the recent update fiasco. Where did you send email to or how did you contact SQEX? I have a relative who was playing the game on Bluestack because her phone gets so hot playing KHUX. She doesn't remember her ID so I'm wondering if she can get her account back.

Top Bottom