• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Tly38fA.png
That's a lot of lux for the Daily Jewels challenge. :O

EDIT: It was just a bug and it put me back to lvl 233. :(

Razmos

YZLecIx.png

Wowowow.

Fuck you. Just rub it in that I wasn't lucky enough to get one lol. "Here, have an even better medal for free!"

All targets, 4 tier guilt, 13 hits, 0 gauge cost

Burbeting

Banned
That feeling when your medal count drops from 230 to 75 thanks to the existense of stacks. Never again do I have to upgrade my medal storage hopefully.

xclk07

Anyone able to update on Android? Getting a server error msg from the Google Play store when trying to update the app.

Skittles

if there was ever a time to pull it will be tomorrow. sweet mother of God that's an amazing EMC if they still do guarnteed medals from new the pool. all those new medals are amazing utility/buffers, plus illustrated aqua is top tier and you get a bonus medal if you get her

best update we've ever gotten, so many QOL changes that are game changers. also, Is the game running significantly faster for anyone else? feels like i went from 30 fps to 60 fps.

Sölf

Hm, 2100 jewels now. Maybe I manage to get another 3k, but I will probably buy the last board instead so I can have all 6* medals (with enough Cids).

Boogiepop

Those Beauty and the Beast medals sound kind of bad on the surface. Is that correct, or are they actually good? Like, are they all about those effects, or are they actually strong too?

Ilvocare

Another Epic carnival lol

Time for your favorite Kingdom Hearts waifu

NO MORE FARMABLES!!!!

I legit jumped out of my bed when I sleepily read that, I was so goddamn surprised.

Is this something unique to global, by the way? Or has Japan had this for ages?

Also I can't fucking handle the onslaught of EMCs

I'm really glad I decided to wait before pulling, I've got about 4.5 jewels waiting to be used. I might actually be able to make 2 pulls in a carnival!

Skittles

I legit jumped out of my bed when I sleepily read that, I was so goddamn surprised.

Is this something unique to global, by the way? Or has Japan had this for ages?

Also I can't fucking handle the onslaught of EMCs

I'm really glad I decided to wait before pulling, I've got about 4.5 jewels waiting to be used. I might actually be able to make 2 pulls in a carnival!
I do wonder why we're getting so many EMCs back to back
Those Beauty and the Beast medals sound kind of bad on the surface. Is that correct, or are they actually good? Like, are they all about those effects, or are they actually strong too?
All about those effects. Belle is an AOE version of alice. Cogsworth is a magic version of KHII Kairi. Lumiere is an AOE version of illustrated cloud. As a F2P player buffers/utility medals will take you way further than any non-guilted attack medal

Note: The no farmables thing doesn't take effect until tomorrow

Famassu

That TVA medal truly is a huge fuck you to everyone with shitty luck. It would be less fuck you if you also got one just for doing one of these Epic Medal Carneval pulls (maybe give those people one with zero pips), but only if you got one? Haha, get fucked SQEX.

EDIT: Where did you people read about the "no farmables" thing?

Skittles

That TVA medal truly is a huge fuck you to everyone with shitty luck. It would be less fuck you if you also got one just for doing one of these Epic Medal Carneval pulls (maybe give those people one with zero pips), but only if you got one? Haha, get fucked SQEX.

EDIT: Where did you people read about the "no farmables" thing?
at least it's not like japan where you have to guilt all 3 to even get the medal. no farmables is at the bottom of the EMC notification

so since the update already dropped. i wonder what the twitter was about with exciting new update. hopefully it's moogle of glory quests with mickey and brooms added to the game

Famassu

mad @ gacha games: the post
Not mad, I literally laughed out loud. Maybe a little bit of annoyance. Just think that even by gacha standards, this is a little bit too unfair. I can accept luck being a part of pulls. I can accept that people who put (more) money into this game will have advantage in things like Coliseum and the High Score events. I haven't been all that mad that most great medals elude me in my pulls, but now people with better luck than me are getting an even bigger advantage when they already have a bit of an advantage by having gotten one of those Illustrated BBS protag medals, that just kind of pushes it past that certain point of it feeling wholly unfair.

Still think they should've given at least one (maybe non-pipped) medal for everyone who has pulled even once during these three Epic Medal Carnevals.

I do wonder why we're getting so many EMCs back to back
Maybe because we are advancing at a far faster pace in regards to the story stuff (I mean, we aren't too far from catching up to where Japan is in the story currently) so we have to have a chance of getting these higher tier medals ASAP rather than in 3 months, to have a small chance of starting to build up our higher tier medal collections to be able to do some of the crazier challenges of the game.

Or maybe these gacha games aren't as long-lasting outside Japan and SQEX has noticed that so they'll try to use a quick succession of these as a means to suck as much money out of this as fast as possible while they still have a somewhat sizable playerbase?

Boogiepop

I've decided to go mildly whale-y in the hopes of getting one of those premiums to get that crazy super-medal. Aka I just did one pay pull (which got me a second Ice Titan and the Hydra, which I'm okay enough with because I needed better Speed Aoe pretty bad) and only one last farmable poisoning the pull. And the rest was okay, but not amazing. My first Vivi, and a few more dots to spread around, including one for Limit Form Sora. Think I'll do one more pay pull and be able to afford a normal 10 draw as well next week. I'm really, really hoping that I'll FINALLY manage one of those damn premiums, and then I can contentedly sink back into never putting money into the game again.

CRS

You're nowhere near whale-y btw. I'm sure you need to spend at least a grand or two to qualify as a whale.

Also, thank god for the medal inventory update. ;_;

Too bad the stacking doesn't work with Magic Mirrors. Still have a quite a few clogging up inventory

And Scrooges actually. So many Scrooges.

Boogiepop

You're nowhere near whale-y btw. I'm sure you need to spend at least a grand or two to qualify as a whale.

It just feels wrong to spend any notable amount on this game when I disagree with the value proposition (I've said it many times in the past, but I firmly believe what they're charging $15 for should be $5, perhaps with the bonus unlocks cut off if need be), but I'm justifying it as "I'm putting enough time in this anyway that I can justify some money to make the going less frustrating". I'm just hoping that these pulls work out, ideally giving me that killer combo of getting the Illustrated Aqua (or LOW chance of one of the other two) and thus the crazy bonus medal, or failing that at least ONE premium finally. Knowing my luck, though, I'll probably end up with doubles of one of the not-Belle (who seems like she'll have limited but still notable utility) of the guaranteed lesser medals, and then like extras of that Megara I'm already not using, and then the rest Bambis. The game clearly hates me at least, so I'm guessing it probably won't work out how I wish it would.

(Just out of curiousity, how bad are the odds to actually get the advertised premium out of an EMC? Surely someone's done the math on that...)

Skittles

Too bad the stacking doesn't work with Magic Mirrors. Still have a quite a few clogging up inventory

And Scrooges actually. So many Scrooges.
Apparently if you lock and unlock the magic mirrors they'll begin to stack. sadly there no way to stack scrooges
It just feels wrong to spend any notable amount on this game when I disagree with the value proposition (I've said it many times in the past, but I firmly believe what they're charging $15 for should be $5, perhaps with the bonus unlocks cut off if need be), but I'm justifying it as "I'm putting enough time in this anyway that I can justify some money to make the going less frustrating". I'm just hoping that these pulls work out, ideally giving me that killer combo of getting the Illustrated Aqua (or LOW chance of one of the other two) and thus the crazy bonus medal, or failing that at least ONE premium finally. Knowing my luck, though, I'll probably end up with doubles of one of the not-Belle (who seems like she'll have limited but still notable utility) of the guaranteed lesser medals, and then like extras of that Megara I'm already not using, and then the rest Bambis. The game clearly hates me at least, so I'm guessing it probably won't work out how I wish it would.

(Just out of curiousity, how bad are the odds to actually get the advertised premium out of an EMC? Surely someone's done the math on that...)
i wouldn't pull until tomorrow dude, farmables are still in the pool today. also, $5 for 10 medals would be absurdly cheap by gacha standards. they should round off the amount you get though. so bump 540 up to 600 and so on

Coliseum is making me realize that my Green and Blue decks are pretty beast but I am a little weak on Red (which apparently everybody else is opposite).

Too bad the premium avatar boards are so costly, I should have bought the Illustrated Cid.

Also WHERE ARE MY BROOMS? My Black Coat Mickey is fiending.

Boogiepop

Apparently if you lock and unlock the magic mirrors they'll begin to stack. sadly there no way to stack scrooges

i wouldn't pull until tomorrow dude, farmables are still in the pool today. also, $5 for 10 medals would be absurdly cheap by gacha standards. they should round off the amount you get though. so bump 540 up to 600 and so on
First off thanks for that stacking tip, seriously, that improved my space MASSIVELY.

Secondly, I did one pull today mainly because I felt I needed the titans worse than the Beauty and the Beast medals, and fortunately it worked out well enough (still no premium, but at least a medal I can use).

And... that's kind of scary if $5 for 10 is considered absurdly cheap by the standards of gacha games. I guess my nearest point of reference is TCG stuff, which is already a money sink. Like, there $4 gets you ~10 cards with a guaranteed rare and usually at least one more chance at a second one, depending on the game. In the digital equivalent of Hearthstone, you apparently get 15 packs for $20, with packs admittedly being 5 cards each, but that's still an INSANELY better deal.

It's just kind of weird to be seeing a system that makes TCG standards look downright generous.

CRS

Yep this worked. Thank you. Works for any of the medals that are stackable too. Just lock all of the medals you want stacked, refresh your medal list, unlock the medals, refresh your medal list, and boom. Make sure the medals you want grouped are unlocked btw. Locked medals do not stack which is why my Mirrors didn't stack when I used one. Saved nearly 100 slots. It's beautiful.

Falk

that puzzling face
Not mad, I literally laughed out loud. Maybe a little bit of annoyance. Just think that even by gacha standards, this is a little bit too unfair.

Oh believe me, not a single day goes by where I think about how many gacha games there are out there and how much more enjoyable most of them would be with a flat subscription and a baseline guaranteed _____ per <timeframe of playing> - an even playing ground as it were.

However, considering where all the profit comes from, that has just about as much chance of happening soon as discovering a cure for cancer or world peace.

Mobius is in actually a decent spot though, as far as the global version goes.

Dumb question incoming: What are farmables?
The medals you can get as drops in regular story stages (like Roxas' awful friends, the FFX-2 fairies, Sora, Donald and Goofy ver A., etc.).

They were in the gem pull pool and it was pretty much the most hatable thing about the game.

Boogiepop

Oh right, I think I came in here with a bit too much grumpiness about the other odds and ends that still irk me, but I'm seriously grateful for the update stuff. Stacking is freaking amazing and solves a TON of issues (IE space in general is WAY better, and now we can even stockpile to reasonably be able to just level the hell out of medals after draws without anywhere near as much issue)! Farmables out of the Gacha pull is super, super crucial! And a minor one that's a HUGE thing is the way that your gauge resets back to where it was when you lose, so trying those Adamantite quests and Hi Score Challenges and whatnot, you won't need to do a filler quest inbetween to get your gauge back to full!

This stuff has seriously streamlined out a LOT of the frustrating stuff about the game, so it definitely merits some gratitude.

Thanks for the explanation :)
Just a little more.

Most of those cards (actually, all of them except Roxas' friends) are (somewhat) nice in that you can easily fully upgrade them and get a Special Attack Bonus and they will have a lot of utility over better medals without an SAB. They can give you a push while you work on (eventually) getting an SAB on better medals through gem pulls.

sasuke_91

Just a little more.

Most of those cards (actually, all of them except Roxas' friends) are (somewhat) nice in that you can easily fully upgrade them and get a Special Attack Bonus and they will have a lot of utility over better medals without an SAB. They can give you a push while you work on (eventually) getting an SAB on better medals through gem pulls.

I always sell them when I get one. Never managed to guilt a single medal though.
My best medals are probably Illustrated Cloud und Larxene. Both with 0 "bubbles".

Falk

that puzzling face
Falk's Odyssey - Pooh And The Poison+
~A Tale of Epic Struggle, Heartache, Triumph, and Realizing Your Red Deck Sucks And Doing Green Adamantite Missions With The Green Deck Instead~

8debQFDl.png

bGsqQStl.jpg

FLPnycAl.png

O2JA4EDl.png

iW5NhXsl.png

YNphkvNl.png

N O R E G E R T S ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Top Bottom