• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Skittles

Do you guys know if there is any Divine Rose materials quest?
not yet

so if you die in the HSC challenge you keep your score. so clear what you can and then throw yourself at the level 200s to get as much score as possible. they limited the amount of score you can get from an enemy relative to multiplier, so no more hp cheese

So I got 567k with a +56% multiplier. I can get that to +70% easily since I was not even using two medals in my deck, but... isn't that a little low? I beat all the enemies and my score is roughly 200k below the max reward tier. It doesn't seem right to me since a similar multiplier in previous high score challenges would put me at worst two tiers below the max.

Tidd

King Mickey (my first one), musketeer Mickey, Belle, KH Riku and Kh2 Riku. both rikus are now one dot away from guilting.

No aqua for me :(

CRS

Wow, I actually beat all the enemies in a HSC, first time for me. Crazy.

I got 395k with +10% from a friend medal and places me in the top 500 for now (I expect to be in the 10000s by the end of the day lol. I can get an extra 7% if I evolve my Alice to 6*. And I might do a pull so I can get some extra % through that but I liked my setup during that run.

CRS

fWcEbxX.jpg

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

(My tears are covering up those two Pinnochio.)

Falk

that puzzling face
The no-farm-medals is real

edit: Of course it makes sense that the moment I buff the shit out of my green deck, a power-centric HSC comes along.

sasuke_91

Did a pull earlier. Best medal I got is Lumiére.
DiZ, Lumiére, Illustr. Cloud in that order is pretty beast :p

I'll try collecting another 1,5k for another pull (I'm at 1,5k right now). Really hoping for that Illustr. Aqua goodness. That medal looks so great T^T

Famassu

Where do you think the progression walls are, the bosses with insane buffs or the normal enemies without?
Well, my progression almost stopped at a couple of bosses with higher than tier 1 buffs because I had no Namine. Or at least I believe Namine would have made bosses like Cerberus far easier. No normal enemies so far have given me too much headache, except some crazy lvl 250 enemies that have been in optional quests.

Boogiepop

Good lord, neither of those current Adamantite part 5s are happening for right now at least. Maaaaybe with a pull I could jam in something else to get the starlight one to work? I dunno, it's possible, but probably not supremely likely.

Burbeting

Banned
I pulled a cogsworth. Was that considered the worst of the EMC medals? Might whale out once in my life later on this EMC, I really need better magic medals to do any good in coliseum.

In general pretty bad pull though. Got some useless medals like Bambi and Mulan.

(At least I'll be able to guilt my Wisdom Form Sora now).

I pulled a cogsworth. Was that considered the worst of the EMC medals? Might whale out once in my life later on this EMC, I really need better magic medals to do any good in coliseum.

I'd say that outside of Aqua, Cogsworth is the most desirable new epic. He's a magic based KH2 Kairi, which makes him a pretty powerful buff medal. Lumiere is probably the worst new epic you could pull.

Burbeting

Banned
It's pretty telling that my best magic medal has been HD Aqua ever since I started with this game (which was just when they gave her out to players). I really need that Illustrated Aqua, at least.

Wisdom Form Sora is pretty good AOE medal for now guilted, tho.

//also the game gave me another KH2 Aerith even though I had her at full pips. Couldn't resist and made her a 6* medal, which might fuck up my set-ups later >.>. Now almost all of my keyblades are filled with 6* Medals with 180 cost, thank heavenss I was able to reach 183 cost during those EXP weekends.

HNNG. Dunno what to do. Was saving up my jewels for the Roxas clothes but the no farmables is making it very tempting to do a pull. What do I do, KHUXGAF? WHAT DO I DO!?!?!?

Falk

that puzzling face
Am I missing something or is the new Weekend Raid Boss set up in such a way that you want to tunnel your own bosses. :(

CRS

Am I missing something or is the new Weekend Raid Boss set up in such a way that you want to tunnel your own bosses. :(
Kinda. Hopefully your Party can lend a helping hand.

PSA: Don't forget to use your Lux boosts during the 2x Lux Hours.

Falk

that puzzling face
Kinda. Hopefully your Party can lend a helping hand.

My point is why would anyone in the party do anything other than their own raid bosses too since oh my god free 6* chipmunks.

I'm not even talking in an altruistic sense, but a pure mathematical one.

I'd get it if there was some kind of synchronous raid mechanics like i.e. GBF where party buffs and boss debuffs multiplicatively helped out everyone doing a particular instance of a boss, meaning strength in numbers, but it really isn't the case here. Your damage on one boss is == the damage on another boss, killing parts aside.

Maintaining damage on your own boss is also important since this incarnation of Weekend Raid Boss really is a game of boss kills per stam, and letting it regenerate parts is going to just waste your time.

edit: Also more maths - 48 hours is 960 AP, plus maybe ~160 you had prior to it starting. Say 1120AP with zero wastage to spend on this, and say it takes you 15AP to spawn a boss on average (lower on the bonus hours, but we're talking complete nonstop tunnelling here) and another 10 to solo it because you do 300k+ in 4 turns consistently with a self-sufficient setup. That means ~25AP per boss, or 44.8 bosses total, assuming extremely efficient use of AP. (Realistically, try 35 or so)

Meaning there is a very, very finite number of boss kills you can accomplish during the raid period, and you really are better off taking care of your own until you're sure you're not going to hit the next 10-mark, after which you'd help out other people.

edit2: Oooo-kay, so this raid boss actually has HP increases per repetition (#2 = 3333333 HP). So all above estimates were overly generous. I'd be surprised if most people hit the 10th boss for the first set of 6* chipmunks. This is kind of terrible return of investment compared to previous Weekend Raid Boss.

edit3: So I also forgot about the absurd amount of Lux the boss is giving, meaning you're likely to have a bunch of AP slingshots. Happy grinding everyone, I guess, lol.

I'm just gonna use a full medals rotation on a friend's boss just for the EXP medals.

Fair point, especially considering they stack now :V

RalchAC

HNNG. Dunno what to do. Was saving up my jewels for the Roxas clothes but the no farmables is making it very tempting to do a pull. What do I do, KHUXGAF? WHAT DO I DO!?!?!?

Save for Ill. Aerith IMO. It's what I did. You get a bunch of kill skills and a unit with guaranteed guilt. I would rather use that.

But you know what your deck needs more than I do.

Yeah, this is a time waster and not much more. I will still try to help but I'm not really going to grind this boss. I don't think 3-5 hours of gameplay are worth a +150 Chip/Dale.

iwPutkg.jpg

I just survived the Raid Boss's attack.

Wtf. My character's expression says it all.

Yeah me too. It was awesome.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, this is a time waster and not much more. I will still try to help but I'm not really going to grind this boss. I don't think 3-5 hours of gameplay are worth a +150 Chip/Dale.

It's hilarious that for a lot of the playerbase, killing 10 bosses is going to push you past 225/230/whatever for another Chip and Dale from avatar board.

edit: Rolled a 76% on the Shadow medal but this thing is otherwise awful and I don't want to spend chipmunks and Attack Boost on it :(

Burbeting

Banned
In terms of AP usage, level-up does refill the AP pool, and at the point where I am (lvl 226), around 2 raid bosses is enough for one LVL up, one boss at 2X Lux times. So I think I'll try to reach the LVL 230 boards and one Chip/Dale at least.

Falk

that puzzling face
Decided if I'm really desperate for a powerup I'm just going to drop 15 bucks the next time VIP chipmunks come around.

Levels will naturally come with time and they're kinda insignificant gains.

Burbeting

Banned
Looking at the lux requirements (over 500k for a level), and without power-leveling I can get maybe 100k per week... yeah, I'll take power-leveling over new avatar boards every five months :p.

Falk

that puzzling face
I was going to counter that there is no real benefit past 220 (cost) since the cap is 250

But the cap is no longer 250 as I just discovered 2 minutes ago

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Boogiepop

I was going to counter that there is no real benefit past 220 (cost) since the cap is 250

But the cap is no longer 250 as I just discovered 2 minutes ago

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
I thought I heard something about that. Are whatever new avatar boards that brings still every 5? And more importantly, does this bring any more cost?

Skittles

Ahhh, so that's how this raid boss works. You don't have to kill 10 raid bosses, you just have to kill the 10th raid boss(so level 10, 20, 30, etc). Which means it's most beneficial/fasters if someone acts like a raid boss spawner and everyone focuses it

Falk

that puzzling face
Ahhh, so that's how this raid boss works. You don't have to kill 10 raid bosses, you just have to kill the 10th raid boss(so level 10, 20, 30, etc). Which means it's most beneficial/fasters if someone acts like a raid boss spawner and everyone focuses it

Holy shit, that is so poorly explained in the description. :|

Thanks for the heads up, looks like this will take some planning with guild.

edit: This went from worst weekend raid ever to potentially best. 30 Chipmunks if the entire party cooperates.

Psxphile

Holy shit, that is so poorly explained in the description. :|

Thanks for the heads up, looks like this will take some planning with guild.

I guess that means if every party member spawns their own raid bosses and kill them off, you can potentially have a string of Level 10 Gummi puppers to kill before the end of the weekend.

Which is more cost-effective?

Falk

that puzzling face
In terms of maths, the observation that damage on one raid boss == damage on any other raid boss doesn't change, so yeah the ideal way to do this would be spawning 9 and then at a fixed time go nuts.

But that's going to be impossible to plan on a moment's notice so I forsee this being more of a free-for-all and everyone pays attention to push notifications.

CRS

I'm just using this raid boss to grind and increase some skill levels on some medals.

The Chip and Dale medals are just a bonus at this point

Falk

that puzzling face
Which means it's most beneficial/fasters if someone acts like a raid boss spawner and everyone focuses it

Thinking about it a bit more, your post was right, and I think the best way (and the fairest for everyone involved) would be to designate a couple of hours as 'farm time'.

People show up them, and tunnel someone's boss to 10, then another person's, then another person's, all the way down the line.

That way there's a consistent stream of chipmunk rewards roughly periodically for everyone who makes it to farm time, rather than a bunch of mundane make-work for goodness-knows-how long followed by a deluge of chipmunks which you may or may not be present for.

Even if your boss is already 10 and done, you show up to subsequent farm times and help kill stuff, and you'll still be getting chipmunks.

Top Bottom