• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

lyrick

6rJ28nRl.png

i give up

I didn't have that active request banner appear for me once over the last week, every now and then a team member would pop into my battle to snipe some event coins, but I'm now absolutely convinced that I need a new party. I simply gave up after completing one board and soloing the greater part of 26 or so raid bosses.

Is there an active GAF Vulpes party, or should I just jump into an auto accept & somewhat active party?

Alternately, does anyone belong to a lower weekly ranked union (bear or snake)? Would it be easier to get better weekly ranks (Both Party and Individual) in a union that doesn't house users that regulatory pull in 100M+ lux?

Brandson

Based on the fact that union rankings now determine the solo ranking ranges needed for gem awards, probably everyone should consider moving to the top two unions. I didn't notice the ranges were different until the gem award this morning. I thought I would get 2 magic gems for getting top 1000, but it turns out that is only for the top union. The equivalent tier for second place union was top 600. Finishing around rank 650, putting me in the 600-6000 tier, and receiving fewer gems as a result, was quite the unexpected piss off.

Famassu

I didn't have that active request banner appear for me once over the last week, every now and then a team member would pop into my battle to snipe some event coins, but I'm now absolutely convinced that I need a new party. I simply gave up after completing one board and soloing the greater part of 26 or so raid bosses.

Is there an active GAF Vulpes party, or should I just jump into an auto accept & somewhat active party?

Alternately, does anyone belong to a lower weekly ranked union (bear or snake)? Would it be easier to get better weekly ranks (Both Party and Individual) in a union that doesn't house users that regulatory pull in 100M+ lux?
Ours is semi-active-ish still in Vulpes. At best we had 5-6 people doing the raid bosses. We also have some pretty good medals shared, like my Jack Skellington (100% guilt, ABII Max, +1000 Chipped), guilted BC Mickey, Illustrated Terra with APP and all kinds of others

Based on the fact that union rankings now determine the solo ranking ranges needed for gem awards, probably everyone should consider moving to the top two unions. I didn't notice the ranges were different until the gem award this morning. I thought I would get 2 magic gems for getting top 1000, but it turns out that is only for the top union. The equivalent tier for second place union was top 600. Finishing around rank 650, putting me in the 600-6000 tier, and receiving fewer gems as a result, was quite the unexpected piss off.

Actually you're probably better off in the lower unions, unions 3-5 needed to be in the top 500 t get the two gems. I'm pretty sure the floor of 600 in union 2 was a lot higher than the floor of 500 in union 5.

Sölf

That moment, when you nearly beat Olympia part 4 with Three Wishes, but one mob survives with a sliver of HP. >_>

I won't be able to beat that unless EVERYTHING turn out right. Which I doubt. I need to put Poison+ on a second medal, but I don't know which one. D:

Lnds500

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

For some reason I thought we were getting Speed Gems as a rewards, which was the only one I actually need. Bad surprise.

Famassu

For the amount of effort needed for all these gems, holy Battomanno are these upgrades horrible. Three Wishes +27 is, like, a +0.1 to the first spot's NORMAL multiplier (so if you have an upright medal buffer or something, you get absolutely nothing) and +0.2 to the third spot's reverse medals.

Luckily it wasn't me who wasted those Magic gems. :S

Also, is Illustrated Sora & Pals a pretty ridiculous medal? Even without any dots let alone guilting it I can get it to do, like, +50k damage... >_>;

Famassu

It CAN be really awesome. Getting 3-pipped medals can be great if you are lucky and get one of the great ones. It's less awesome when it's Aladdin or Owl. :p

That said, I just got a 3-pipped Xigbar. So I basically now have the holy trifecta of no-attribute-special-attack (AOE) medals? Jack Skellington as the magic one, Xigbar as the speed one and BC Mickey as the power one. Now I just need to get a couple more Xigbars and 6 more BC Mickeys (or SQEX needs to add Brooms already) and some luck to get high guilt-%s on the first try.

Would now be a good idea to upgrade Starlight? It's the only keyblade that'd give some extra-uumph for each of those medals, which could be pretty great for at least Coliseum.

Falk

that puzzling face
I really can't imagine using all 3 at once. The SA costs are insane even if your other two medals are APP

Famassu

I really can't imagine using all 3 at once. The SA costs are insane even if your other two medals are APP
It won't work in longer missions for sure (though I could technically have 3 APP medals, two of my own and pick a friend medal with it), but it might be good if the quest has only maybe 2-3 tough groups of multi-attribute, high-level enemies where the normal enemies can be destroyed a bit more easily and then the target group is perhaps a bit tougher and requires all of them.

Anyhoo, I don't quite understand why the Medal ranking list I use has ranked it so low. It says its base stats are middle level even though it has a higher max than either BC Mickey & Jack Skellington (which are already some of the highest non-boosted medals) and it only costs two gauges.

It won't work in longer missions for sure (though I could technically have 3 APP medals, two of my own and pick a friend medal with it), but it might be good if the quest has only maybe 2-3 tough groups of multi-attribute, high-level enemies where the normal enemies can be destroyed a bit more easily and then the target group is perhaps a bit tougher and requires all of them.

Anyhoo, I don't quite understand why the Medal ranking list I use has ranked it so low. It says its base stats are middle level even though it has a higher max than either BC Mickey & Jack Skellington (which are already some of the highest non-boosted medals) and it only costs two gauges.

I don't get that, either. Xigbar is just as useful as BC Mickey and Jack, especially on Divine Rose.

I would advise against upgrading Starlight, however. Only Jack really benefits from that because the other two are the wrong kind of medal to get the max boosts. Save your Adamantite for the other keyblades.

Famassu

Yeah, just noticed that. Still won't use adamantines to Starlight.

Divine Rose becomes absolutely ridiculous with Jack Skellington in the second last 2.10x upright magic slot and Xigbar in the last 2.60x reversed magic slot.

Has anyone reliably beaten the lvl 250 Pumpkin Heads in the HSC? What's the setup if so?

If it's anything like how I'd handle the level 200 groups:

Namine w/ DBII
Poohglet w/ DBII
RAX w/ APP
*Best damage dealing medal w/ ABII (or any variation of it)
Any medal w/ DBI, DBII, or a Status+
Any friend medal w/ DBI, DBII, or a Status+

Haven't attempted it yet, though. Now that the week-long raid boss is done, I think I'm going to share my Ansem the Wise with a Sleep+ attached to it.

*Use your best medals for dealing bonus damage since non-elemental damage is not as good due to this challenge having you locked to a particular color. I may go for the Magic route with my +26 Divine Rose since I did just guilt Larxene and maxed out her attack (she's in the low 40s, but still).

Sölf

God, I hate it when everything needs to procc and be perfect in order to even be able to beat something. Looking at you, Treasure Trove Adamantite #3. >_>

Brandson

Has anyone reliably beaten the lvl 250 Pumpkin Heads in the HSC? What's the setup if so?

I can beat the single Pumpkin Head consistently, but haven't survived the pair yet. If everything proc'd, I might be able to do it. Setup is something like this: Illust Riku, Pooglet, TVA, musketeer Mickey, Marluxia, with Sephiroth or TVA as friend medal. I've also had success with a DB2 Namine in the first slot, but it's more hit or miss on the copter mob so I've moved away from it. I've found Marluxia to be better than Sephiroth in the last slot of LL for this to make sure at least one mob dies in the first round, despite the Sephiroth bonus. I'm experimenting with putting him in the 4th slot now instead of Mickey.

Sölf

Managed to beat TT Adamantite 3 and 4. Now I am trying to break the 7 million on the HSC. I am at 6,89. >_>

Edit:
Did 1500 jewel pull:

- 6* Musketeer Mickey with 3 Pips (now I have one with 4 that nearly fully upgraded, so that was really good)
- 5* Lumiere (probably useful in some situations)
- 5* Wisdom Form Sora (I had one with 2 Pips, now I have a 5* with 3 Pips)
- 5* KH Sora Ver. B (I currently use a 6* one with 1 Pip, so another good pull*
- 5* KH II King Mickey (I do have a 6* one with 4 Pips already, even though I no longer use him, if I manage to guilt that one he may become interesting again, since I am lacking AoE magic medals anyway)

So, overall, while not the best, actually quite useful.

c-murph

Are there any ultimate game breaking medals coming out soon? Been sitting on a pile of jewel forever and want to unload them all in like a bunch of pulls.

Are there any ultimate game breaking medals coming out soon? Been sitting on a pile of jewel forever and want to unload them all in like a bunch of pulls.

Illus. Kairi is probably the closest one coming up (Curaga and 3 tier strength boost for 3 sp). But after that it would probably some of the Key Art medals which beside the fact that they have amazing abilities, they are freaking beautiful too!

Munti

I have 1 Jack guilted at 100% and 2 other Jacks in reserve. Is it worth to lvl-up these 2?
If yes, should I keep them seperately or make a Jack with 1 pip out of it?

Ilvocare

5-pulled, 3 pip Xigbar.

Already had a 4 pip Xigbar.

Guilted Xigbar, rolled a 43

HFagSqx.png

i-i-it's better than no guilt tho

Anyways, quick update:

-On the raid boss event last week, I beat 15 whales in a row in order to nab a single Magic Gem and the 6* C+Ds.

-I've been sorely underutilizing the 0 AP campaign so far. Been busy with life and other games.

-Managed to guilt HT Sora and HT Donald. Yes, I dumped the 6k jewels on both HT Donald boards. ...why the fuck is Donald's stats so goddamn low for a Tier 3 guilt??? Regardless, I mentioned Sora was guilted to 68%. Donald guilted to... 65%. I rerolled... and got 65% AGAIN. I understand this pain.

-Decided to do the HSC on a whim, loaded up Divine Rose with Piglet, CoM Riku, Jack, HT Sora, and Seph, with another Seph on my friend's. I was confused and scared when I saw how high I got in the rankings, and how much score I got despite playing like utter shit... I'm tempted to go in again later with actual skills on HT Sora and CoM Riku to see if I can kill a couple of the level 250 mobs. For the former, what would anyone suggest? For the latter... well, read on.

-Also, now that I have 2 APPs to use... who should be the medals to nab them? Piglet could take one, but I'd lose the Defense Boost 2 he's been rocking the whole time... and that's been SUPER useful.

There's a couple of medals like CoM Riku and Larxene that I think might fit perfectly into my TW or LL setups with APP, and the latter could also benefit my Divine Rose keyblade, which is currently my strongest keyblade at the moment without a question.

There's a couple of other medals that could get APP'd like KH Riku or Timeless River Pete... or, um, I don't fucking know, any number of infrequently-used AoE medals. Maybe the extra gauge could help me move forward inside of the Colosseum, so I don't eat shit...

Also, I really hope I can stay in the 5k ranking range for the HSC. It'd be great to actually EARN a medal that rivals some Premiums in usefulness...

EDIT: Forgot to mention: I'm thinking of jumping ship this week! Goodbye Leopardos and goodbye to my practically-dead party except for like 3 other people. Any suggestions for unions and parties I could join? Or those that'd be willing to have me?

c-murph

illustrated kairi breaks everything, she's rumored to come out in the next emc

Illus. Kairi is probably the closest one coming up (Curaga and 3 tier strength boost for 3 sp). But after that it would probably some of the Key Art medals which beside the fact that they have amazing abilities, they are freaking beautiful too!

Awesome. Thanks guys. Drop off 30,000 jewels and maybe I can snag one.

-Also, now that I have 2 APPs to use... who should be the medals to nab them? Piglet could take one, but I'd lose the Defense Boost 2 he's been rocking the whole time... and that's been SUPER useful.

It's a waste to use APP on a non-AoE medal. Give it to RAX, TVA, or a cheap AoE medal like TR Pete.

For your medal setup for the HSC, none of them are particularly good candidates for APP. In addition, I'd recommend replacing one or two medals on that list since it's more important to actually defeat the mobs than it is to get a high bonus. For reference, I beat all the enemies with a +42% multiplier (two Sephiroths) and I'm currently sitting at 350th with a score of 12.269M.

If you do acquire a Jack & Sally once the HSC is over, wait until the end of the month to get the ABII + APP skill being given out in the Colosseum and put that skill on them.

Ilvocare

It's a waste to use APP on a non-AoE medal. Give it to RAX, TVA, or a cheap AoE medal like TR Pete.

For your medal setup for the HSC, none of them are particularly good candidates for APP. In addition, I'd recommend replacing one or two medals on that list since it's more important to actually defeat the mobs than it is to get a high bonus. For reference, I beat all the enemies with a +42% multiplier (two Sephiroths) and I'm currently sitting at 350th with a score of 12.269M.

If you do acquire a Jack & Sally once the HSC is over, wait until the end of the month to get the ABII + APP skill being given out in the Colosseum and put that skill on them.

1. I've never successfully beaten any enemies above level 200. I don't really have the keyblades or enough Poison to work it in my favor.

2. Regarding the italics, I'm stuck at round 52 with no feasible way of moving forward that doesn't either involve using an APP on one of my Speed medals (ideally Larxene would be the one, although maybe I'll have to bite the bullet and remove Musketeer Mickey's DB2 in order to deal...), or blasting the enemies with widespread Status+ skills (which I don't own so that's not a viable option).

Also what the shit why is HT Donald's base attack so goddamn low

I know I mentioned this before, I'm mentioning it again regardless

Also what the shit why is HT Donald's base attack so goddamn low

I know I mentioned this before, I'm mentioning it again regardless

Because it is not a tier 3 medal in Japan. In fact, it was released very early on in Japan (like, a month or so in) as a regular medal you can pull on par with medals like Peter Pan or Mulan.

As for why they didn't buff the base strength of it... I dunno. =P

Sölf

Welp, I am no longer part of the 5000 club in the HSC. The dream is dead. Unless I magically pull a sephiroth for a higher multiplier, I see no chance in hell to somehow get a higher score. If I go for higher multiplier, my stats are to low to kill anything in the 250 area. If I don't do that, I still can't kill more enemies reliably to get a higher score. >_>

lyrick

Sölf;221667923 said:
Welp, I am no longer part of the 5000 club in the HSC. The dream is dead. Unless I magically pull a sephiroth for a higher multiplier, I see no chance in hell to somehow get a higher score. If I go for higher multiplier, my stats are to low to kill anything in the 250 area. If I don't do that, I still can't kill more enemies reliably to get a higher score. >_>

Yeah that feeling when your strongest 1000/1000 medal hits an enemy for 1-9 damage...

Not being on the pay to win Track pretty much puts you on the remedial track. It's almost comforting looking at at those multiple 6* Chip, Dales, Cids, and Mirrors and know those are not for me... I guess I should just feel lucky to fall into <10K range.

Sölf

After managing to get over 7 million points and actually getting to 4957 again, I still have a small hope to increase my score.

The hope:
- Poison the red copter fleet for more damage and therefore more points.
- Paralyse it, so I may survive another turn.

Since I don't have any APP on these medals and I have to rely on a shared Sephiroth for both the Multiplier and the paralysis... well. >_>

Atram

Sölf;221679659 said:
After managing to get over 7 million points and actually getting to 4957 again, I still have a small hope to increase my score.

The hope:
- Poison the red copter fleet for more damage and therefore more points.
- Paralyse it, so I may survive another turn.

Since I don't have any APP on these medals and I have to rely on a shared Sephiroth for both the Multiplier and the paralysis... well. >_>

I´m sitting at 7.650.520 Points and i´m ranking at 3787 (now). Fingers crossed i won´t be kicked out of the 5k club. But it looks good, yesterday at this time i was on 3400th, so not realy much of a drop for 24h.

Famassu

Yeah that feeling when your strongest 1000/1000 medal hits an enemy for 1-9 damage...

Not being on the pay to win Track pretty much puts you on the remedial track. It's almost comforting looking at at those multiple 6* Chip, Dales, Cids, and Mirrors and know those are not for me... I guess I should just feel lucky to fall into <10K range.
It's been a bit less P2W recently. They constantly have events that give Chips & Cids & Magic Mirrors (sometimes 2-3 at a time), we've had jewel-giving events for how many weeks without break now (4-5 at least?), the free and pretty easily guiltable Jack Skellington completely broke the game up to Adamantine Quest #4s if you got any kind of decent guilt % and maybe one other good guilted medal per attribute etc. Really, the only thing a somewhat active F2P player (who has played the game for months) probably can't do if they've been taking advantage of all the free stuff are the Moogle of Glory quests and those are something even a lot of paying(-but-not-whale-level-payers) players can't do, especially if they've been wise and saved some jewels to get at least one Attack Prize Plus when it has been available from Avatar Boards

This Paralyze+ is literally & figuratively killing me. -_- I might have to waste it and throw a sleep+ on my Minnie and change my tactics to go at a single enemy. At least sleep is definite so long as you don't hit a sleeping enemy. Paralyze is total crapshoot. With sleep I might be able to get past at least a couple more lvl 250 enemies. As it is, I can only kill the apple enemies in the blue route. With incredible luck I could do the horde of flying thingies but as implied and mentioned by me before, Paralyze is shit.

I´m sitting at 7.650.520 Points and i´m ranking at 3787 (now). Fingers crossed i won´t be kicked out of the 5k club. But it looks good, yesterday at this time i was on 3400th, so not realy much of a drop for 24h.
I think that's probably pretty safe unless there have been lots of high lvl players who haven't had a serious go at the challenge yet. These lvl 250 enemies are total assholes and I doubt there are all that many people who can get more than 1 or 2 groups of them killed.

Sölf

7,086,009 and again at 4977th place. God. Why? ;____;

I can only hope for good proccs and stuff, nothing else works. T____T

Falk

that puzzling face
Really feels like at this point the HSC is saying 'yeh we want an active power player userbase of 5000'

Because if you don't nab at least a single copy of the 5000 medal, you're at a severe disadvantage vs anyone else that does, f2p or otherwise.

Sölf

7,121,717, 4922nd place. This will never last. ;____;

So far I was never able to paralyze the red copter fleet. That may be the single thing that could save me.

Sölf

OH GOD IT HAPPENED!!!

Red Copter Fleet got both, poisoned AND paralyzed for 1 round. That was enough to deal quite a bit more damage, so now I have 7,416,677 points which brought me to the 4367th place. Now the ONLY way to get more points would be if everything happened again AND it would get poisoned again or get paralzyed for a second round. And I highly doubt that would happen. I just hope I will stay within the first 5000 places now. ;___;

Falk

that puzzling face
4300 seems safe. The trend has been about 10% of places per day and between 15-20% on the last 24 hours in terms of sliding.

lyrick

It's been a bit less P2W recently. They constantly have events that give Chips & Cids & Magic Mirrors (sometimes 2-3 at a time), we've had jewel-giving events for how many weeks without break now (4-5 at least?), the free and pretty easily guiltable Jack Skellington completely broke the game up to Adamantine Quest #4s if you got any kind of decent guilt % and maybe one other good guilted medal per attribute etc. Really, the only thing a somewhat active F2P player (who has played the game for months) probably can't do if they've been taking advantage of all the free stuff are the Moogle of Glory quests and those are something even a lot of paying(-but-not-whale-level-payers) players can't do, especially if they've been wise and saved some jewels to get at least one Attack Prize Plus when it has been available from Avatar Boards

I've been F2P and Active since Day 1. I still can't complete the Adamantite drop challenge for lvl 3 keyblade quests (except 3 wishes), even with a 1000/1000 81% Guilted Jack. That Medal isn't some magical boost unless you have awesome medals that go with it.

I've taken advantage of all the free stuff and pulled when opportunity was there and have 0 Guilted premium medals that did not come on purchasable boards (and even then I wasn't able to get all of those).

I have 2 APP Scrooges (thanks to Donald boards) but nothing to use them on, No piglets, Definitely no Pooh & piglets, no RAX, no 0 cost AoE medals, not a single medal that makes sense.

It's literally like I'm playing a different game than what Paying players are playing.

Really feels like at this point the HSC is saying 'yeh we want an active power player userbase of 5000'

Because if you don't nab at least a single copy of the 5000 medal, you're at a severe disadvantage vs anyone else that does, f2p or otherwise.

Pretty sure It's been like this from day 1. If you're above the 5K cut off, you don't get a medal that will probably be the focus of the next challenge along with not getting the multiple Chip, Dales, and Cids.

Psxphile

Was 5000+ and falling fast w/ a score of 6.9m. Just did the HSC again w/ someone's Sephiroth that had Paralysis+ that gave me 56% and, like, two extra turns against the Lv.250 enemies which was enough against the Poison apples. Finished with my score now at 7.9 (so close to 8 mil!) and ranked 3208 (already 3211 as a write this).

Thing is... I think I can still do better. Maybe not -2000 better though.

I've gotten 10 million (42% boost, ranked 1145 right now) on the HSC using

5* Piglet w/DB2
RAX w/APP
KH2 Kairi w/DB1
H Sora 92% Guilt w/AB2
Jack 95% Guilt w/AB2
Random Sephiroth w/Para+
on a 25+ Starlight

I went down the magic enemy path and beat the copter and poison apples, died against the Pumpkin with the Poison apple after doing a bunch of damage to them. I could in theory beat those enemies and die against the 2 Pumpkins but don't think it would keep me in the top 1000 anyways.

Top Bottom