• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Lnds500

gD6PfCn.png

TUQW1ry.png

irikrVj.png

Nothing earth shattering, not even Pooglet that I wanted.

No I.Kairi or Replica Riku, but I can't be mad considering that I got two Premiums (first ones, too) and my first two gacha medals with a % on it (32% Blue Mickey and soon to be done Simba when I get some red evo Fairies).

Should I put APP on any of these? I have been holding on to the one copy I got a while back (forgot from where), in hopes that I'd get something worth using it on for the long haul.

I also find it funny how the game keeps giving me great Green and Blue attackers and Red boosters (I have 5 dots on Lum now + have KH Kairi).

Sölf

20lKkJG.jpg

It's no illustrated Kairi, but oh god, that actually looks quite decent. AND I FINALLY HAVE A GOOD SINGLE TARGET SPEED MEDAL!!!

Also, I only need 1 more Queen and I can finally guilt her!

Brandson

Could the guilt each premium requirement possibly be yet another error in the translation from the Japan version? I don't see how they could think that is at all reasonable. I would be ok with needing to get one of each premium to guilt it, but this is nuts.

Falk

that puzzling face
I dunno, along with the lv500 enemies it feels like it's encouraging people far down the rabbit hole enough to have one of them guilted (like that one crazy guy on Unicornis who pops up from time to time in the friend medal list with his guilted boosted 1000/1000/10 Illustrated Terra) to go down different, perpendicular levels of iterative rabbit holes.

Sölf

I just farmed the Halloween Event for an hour. I now only have the 2 extra boards left and unlocked the first Cid on both. Will probably do a bit more later or tomorrow. I miss exactly 2 Cids so I can use my Jack & Sally with my other 6* medals, so I may have to unlock all of it just for that... xD

And I still can't beat the 200 ones. Seriously, that's insane.

That thing with the Jack & Sally nerf is a whole load of BS. Wow.

They can't even use the excuse they used for the Judy and Nick medals they released early on. They completely lied to us in the notification of the HSC.

Sölf;221868923 said:
The solution is easy:

Give everyone 3k jewels and a free Jack & Sally medal. :0

No, that would not make up for it. The description for the medal was too much of a factor to get people to spend their jewels and time for the event.

The only real solution is to make the Jack & Sally medal function as it was originally advertised.

Brandson

No, that would not make up for it. The description for the medal was too much of a factor to get people to spend their jewels and time for the event.

The only real solution is to make the Jack & Sally medal function as it was originally advertised.

In this situation a refund of all jewel purchases while the notice was up, plus something given to everyone to cover the loss to people who didn't buy any jewels during the period would be reasonable compensation. Just submitted my first ever support email for something like this.

So let me get this straight, they blatantly lie about their J&S medal in the high score challenge and do a last minute switch, probably because "it's too strong for the current level of our game." Buuuuuut they can give us not 1 but 4 lv. 500 enemies that you have to 1-freaking-turn because that totally makes sense for our level play to the point that even whales are struggling.

To even get a SRK medal you need 7 of one type of a ridiculously low chance medal. To guilt it, you need 7 more of two other medals each of similar ridiculousness, including a just released medal. So 21 in total without the benefit of M&Bs.

God, I'm so happy I haven't spent a dime on this game, the time is already enough.

Brandson

The lv500 challenge is not realistic at all. My best run I was only able to get the mobs down to their green health bars, with this setup:

guilted Belle w/ poison+
Pooglet w/ app
SDG w/ app
Illust Riku
guilted Sephiroth w/ ab2 max
friend: guilted TVA w/ sleep+

That setup is not exactly bad, and I would need to get all app and sleep+ to proc every turn for at least 5 turns in a row. Right.

And that's only to complete it without continuing. 1-turning is for hackers only.

Falk

that puzzling face
So let me get this straight, they blatantly lie about their J&S medal in the high score challenge and do a last minute switch, probably because "it's too strong for the current level of our game." Buuuuuut they can give us not 1 but 4 lv. 500 enemies that you have to 1-freaking-turn because that totally makes sense for our level play to the point that even whales are struggling.

To even get a SRK medal you need 7 of one type of a ridiculously low chance medal. To guilt it, you need 7 more of two other medals each of similar ridiculousness, including a just released medal. So 21 in total without the benefit of M&Bs.

God, I'm so happy I haven't spent a dime on this game, the time is already enough.

The reward is just one gem. Put it this way - it's enticing other, shall we say, extremely benevolent people to pay for the game so you don't have to. :V

If anything I'd be more up in arms about how HSCs are still top-5000 for the lowest tier of prize reward. That's extremely stifling for an active playerbase.

lyrick

Any hints as to what the next set of premium boards would contain?

I would hate to play the slot machine, then screw myself out of a seemingly mandatory set of boards.

Famassu

9290 damage with Jack Skellington w/tier 2 STR buff.

What on Earth does one have to have to be able to do this thing? Tier 3 str buffer, tier 3 enemy def debuffer (is there such a thing?), enemy buff remover and a couple of mega bombs with 130% guilt and probably a boosted +1000STR version of it, Attack Boost IIIs on all, with some +99 keyblade or something? >_>;

Sölf

Managed to beat Starlight 4. The 5th one doesn't seem to be possible at the moment for me.
Will probably finish one of the extra boards from the Halloween challenge tomorrow and if I can bother start with the second one.

c-murph

Did 8 pulls using all the jewels I saved the last few months. No Illustrated Kairi. :(

Ended up with a bunch of new medals though. Got a few rares and also got my first premium medal; Illustrated Terra!

Probably going to do two paid pulls on Monday and next Monday for the Kairi Medal though since why the heck not, Right?

OTBLwrY.png

dbDfoQ3.png

bKjB4LP.png

z9GznWk.png

wYZ05FR.png

Only 5 of the 8 pulls because I forgot to take screen shots of a few.

Psxphile

So what's the best equip skill for Illustrate Kairi?
attack prize up or anything else.

It only strikes one target so that's a no on APP. It heals and buffs three tiers so Defense II would be my choice, it effectively replaces any other general strength buff and Minnie (except for extreme circumstances) together at only 3 gauge cost.

Lnds500

So what's the best equip skill for Illustrate Kairi?
attack prize up or anything else.

It only strikes one target so that's a no on APP. It heals and buffs three tiers so Defense II would be my choice, it effectively replaces any other general strength buff and Minnie (except for extreme circumstances) together at only 3 gauge cost.

No cost could be useful as well, since you'd probably use it all the time.

Falk

that puzzling face
0 cost makes the most sense since buff medals are the most used despite often being SA-expensive.

Almost always makes more sense to fire off a buff medal then auto everything else than to fire off a damage-based special attack of similar gauge cost.

JTripper

I stopped playing this for a few months, but I'm curious if the story has gone anywhere recently. I think I'm around mission 400, but is the story after that worth coming back to?

Famassu

Should I have saved my jewels. Help me make sense of these pulls:

Belle seems to be new to you (at least that *-level), that's a special medal that has its uses since it's a AOE-enemy-buff-remover. It's something that you won't be keeping in every keyblade setup, but something that will maybe help you get a bit farther in Coliseum or a bit better score in HSCs occasionally. Add something like Sleep or Poison to that and it can be a pretty devastating medal against enemies with def buffs and a tiny bit too much HP to kill with your damage-dealing medals alone. Otherwise those pulls are nothing too special, though I'm not sure how good Anti Form Sora & Evil Riku are. I think those are pretty new? Haven't looked them up yet.

I stopped playing this for a few months, but I'm curious if the story has gone anywhere recently. I think I'm around mission 400, but is the story after that worth coming back to?
The story missions weren't updated for, like, 2,5 months, so no, it hasn't gotten all that far. We're at mission 475 at the moment and it's been non-consequential Beauty & the Beast stuff for all or most of that past 400.

Sölf

Managed to beat Divine Rose Part 4 and 5 and upgraded my Divine Rose to +25. Now I only need to beat those two missions with the Divine Rose Keyblade at some point. xD

creid

I've gotten 10 million (42% boost, ranked 1145 right now) on the HSC using

5* Piglet w/DB2
RAX w/APP
KH2 Kairi w/DB1
H Sora 92% Guilt w/AB2
Jack 95% Guilt w/AB2
Random Sephiroth w/Para+
on a 25+ Starlight

I went down the magic enemy path and beat the copter and poison apples, died against the Pumpkin with the Poison apple after doing a bunch of damage to them. I could in theory beat those enemies and die against the 2 Pumpkins but don't think it would keep me in the top 1000 anyways.
I never in a million years would've touched Starlight again if it wasn't for this post. I got it to +23, then +25 when working on that HSC, and now with a bunch of 2.x multipliers + HT Donald + HT Sora + Jack & Sally, I've demolished like 8 adamantite quests, and 1-turned the first MoG quest. Thanks for the tip!

I'm out of the loop again but I've been doing all the dailys ect. and racked up quite a hoard of jewels. Is the Illu Kairi super good or something considering the hype? Should I do pulls on this EMC?

Skittles

I'm out of the loop again but I've been doing all the dailys ect. and racked up quite a hoard of jewels. Is the Illu Kairi super good or something considering the hype? Should I do pulls on this EMC?
Yes, she'll be the best medal we ever get until key art roxas(he gives 7 SP gauges for 0 cost)

Andrin

To be fair, in the japanese version all premiums come with three dots already filled, so you'd only need two to guilt them. And they've got the Mickey & Brooms medal, which adds a dot to the medal it's used on, so guilting premiums is not nearly as stupid as it is in the international version.

alittlelove

Neo Member
It was a reward for guilting SP Roxas, SP Xion, and SP Axel if I remember correctly

It's actually a reward for guilting two of any combination of HD Axel, Illustrated Xion, and PC Roxas. All three of these are still great medals.

I guess we'll see if NA will make this actually viable any time soon - JP did have relatively easily obtainable M&Bs at that point.

Top Bottom