• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Decided to do a medal since I was enjoying the game and I got Simba, Yes!
rG1agxo.jpg

Kinsei

Banned
I decided to switch to Unicornis since it seems like that's the Gaf faction. Could someone send me a party invite? My ID is 14103

Camjo-Z

Well this is certainly less awful than I was expecting. Remains to be seen whether it'll hold my attention, but so far I'm up to quest 16 and it's pretty good. I think I actually like this better than some of the "real" Kingdom Hearts games I've played...

Anyway, if somebody wants to invite me to a party:

ID: 18317
Name: Camjo-Z
Union: Unicorn

Falk

that puzzling face
What I would like to know is if "raising" a 2 star all the way to a 5 star makes it stronger than if you just drew the 5 star.

This is what I understand, and I could be wrong (Malyse halp):

ALL medals can go up to 6*. What differenciates one medal from another is its element, attack/defense stat, Special Attack, and Skill (Skills are random)

- The * ranks are serial. 2* lv1 is better than 1* max lv, and so on and so forth. If you have a 1* of something, it's possible through upgrading to eventually get it up to 5* and it'll be like a pulled 5*.
- You can transfer skills with a low success rate between medals by combining the source into the target. Obviously this sucks because RNG so if at all possible you want the medal with a good skill to be your main medal
- Special Attacks gain one upgradeable rank at 3*, one more at 4*, one more at 5*. This is what the 3 dots on your 5* medal's Special Attack pane are.
- Combining the same medal (MUST be same rank) upgrades its special attack once. This upgrade will carry when you subsequently evolve the medal to a higher * level.
- This means if you have e.g. Stitch 5*, 3*, 3*, it makes the most sense to combine the two 3*s first to get a 3* with 1 upgrade, THEN evolve that 3* to 5*, and have it absorb the original 5* so you have an end result of a 5* with an special attack upgraded twice.

edit: tl;dr, if you have a bunch of 2*s of something, getting a 5* with 3 Special Attack upgrades is only fractionally more tedious than if you had a 5* to begin with and wanted to get full 3 Special Attack upgrades on it. Unless you pull 3 of that 5* like people pulling 3 platinum swords on the FFT banner jafsdlakfewapjfkgjlk4j g4398t6u3qa mrf2qAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Well this is certainly less awful than I was expecting. Remains to be seen whether it'll hold my attention, but so far I'm up to quest 16 and it's pretty good. I think I actually like this better than some of the "real" Kingdom Hearts games I've played...

Anyway, if somebody wants to invite me to a party:

ID: 18317
Name: Camjo-Z

Well that was easy. Now what's this about a GAF party? I'd like an invite please.

Name: Soul
ID: 119182
Union: Unicornis

Sent!

ALL medals can go up to 6*. What differenciates one medal from another is its element, attack/defense stat, Special Attack, and Skill (Skills are random)

- The * ranks are serial. 2* lv1 is better than 1* max lv, and so on and so forth. If you have a 1* of something, it's possible through upgrading to eventually get it up to 5* and it'll be like a pulled 5*.
- You can transfer skills with a low success rate between medals by combining the source into the target. Obviously this sucks because RNG so if at all possible you want the medal with a good skill to be your main medal
- Special Attacks gain one upgradeable rank at 3*, one more at 4*, one more at 5*. This is what the 3 dots on your 5* medal's Special Attack pane are.
- Combining the same medal (MUST be same rank) upgrades its special attack once. This upgrade will carry when you subsequently evolve the medal to a higher * level.
- This means if you have e.g. Stitch 5*, 3*, 3*, it makes the most sense to combine the two 3*s first to get a 3* with 1 upgrade, THEN evolve that 3* to 5*, and have it absorb the original 5* so you have an end result of a 5* with an special attack upgraded twice.

Thanks for this gonna start tossing spare exp mats into low level duplicates.

edit: tl;dr, if you have a bunch of 2*s of something, getting a 5* with 3 Special Attack upgrades is only fractionally more tedious than if you had a 5* to begin with and wanted to get full 3 Special Attack upgrades on it. Unless you pull 3 of that 5* like people pulling 3 platinum swords on the FFT banner jafsdlakfewapjfkgjlk4j g4398t6u3qa mrf2qAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Useful info here. I dont seem to have a single Skill on any of my medals yet.

Joqu

I'll admit I don't get this whole thing yet although I'm having fun, but here's my info if anyone wants to add me

ID: 123953
Name: Joqu

daman824

Not too far into the game but I'm enjoying it! I would really appreciate it if someone could add me to a neogaf group or party. Thanks!

Name:JDSpades
ID:108351
Faction:unicorn

Zebei

One of the titles for beating a bunch of missions is "procrastinating"

Jeez game, I have a midterm tomorrow but you don't have to be a dick about it. That or be less fun so I stop playing. :p

Malyse

You got it. I'll just add that as of the current version skills are less of a pain in the ass, as you can use multiple medals with the same skill to increase the chance of success. Also, you can level up a medal's skill by fusing another medal with the same skill. Scrooge has a 100% attach rate for skills.

Getting back to the special attack dots: they first show up on three stars and increase with each level, 3* has one, 4* has two, 5* has three and 6* has five visible. If you fuse into a fully filled 6*, then you get a random guilt bonus, which uses the sins of the heartless to inflict more damage to your foes.

Which makes a hell of a lot more sense with the recent revelations in the browser game...

This is one of the few things that's more complicated than the browser version.
Wouldn't be surprised if there's an important plot point for KH III in the end of it
It looks like the war is about to start.

Also, I just got me ass kicked again, so there's that. There's a such thing as an unwinnable battle in this game. Or at least there is in the browser version.

I'm gonna have to sit down tomorrow after work to really tear into the story till I get to the point where I can't basically play for free due to the early game basic infinite ap.

Primus

Damn it, GAFfers, you're too damn good with the Raid Bosses. I get in, do tens of thousands of points of damage, only to be told, "ha ha someone else beat it you get zero MVP participation".

Seriously, though, the Guard Armor raid boss is a joke with the proper setup. Have a couple of powerful blue AOE medals socketed, and you'll blow up all the limbs first turn and have five uninterrupted turns of pure damage. Gotten a ton of XP and evo medals that way.

Fairly good units that can drop:

Wakka
Stich

Just okay units that can drop:

Paine
Tidus
Rikku
Yuna
Donald A
Young Hercules

I'd use the rest for either xp fodder or to sell honestly.

Top Bottom