• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Cybaster

You got it. I'll just add that as of the current version skills are less of a pain in the ass, as you can use multiple medals with the same skill to increase the chance of success. Also, you can level up a medal's skill by fusing another medal with the same skill. Scrooge has a 100% attach rate for skills.

Getting back to the special attack dots: they first show up on three stars and increase with each level, 3* has one, 4* has two, 5* has three and 6* has five visible. If you fuse into a fully filled 6*, then you get a random guilt bonus, which uses the sins of the heartless to inflict more damage to your foes.

Which makes a hell of a lot more sense with the recent revelations in the browser game...

This is one of the few things that's more complicated than the browser version.

It looks like the war is about to start.

Also, I just got me ass kicked again, so there's that. There's a such thing as an unwinnable battle in this game. Or at least there is in the browser version.

Do you get combined dots when fusing? So if I want to make cheapest 6* with 5 dots I would need 5* with 3 dots and another 5* with 1 dot?

Malyse

Universal

Which leads me to a question, how should I use my jewels? Should I be buying costumes for more node unlocks or save for 10 pulls?
You need at least 180 cost to equip five 6* medals, and that's assuming you have 50 6* Cids to lower the cost. Otherwise you need 230 cost. What's the use of having medals you can't equip because of low cost? Also, buying outfits gets you Cids. Be careful about running out of space.
Do you get combined dots when fusing? So if I want to make cheapest 6* with 5 dots I would need 5* with 3 dots and another 5* with 1 dot?
I actually don't know. I've never tried it because I've always fused into a single medal.

------

Oh and don't forget to unlock both genders nodes.

Eclipsedapple

Neo Member
Can I join the KH X group?

This is going to be AWESOME XD The game is much better than I expected and I can't stop playing.

ID: 132874
Name: Eclipse
Union: Unicorn

Finally home and got things running again. I need to find a job with better cellular service and more down time.

I would kill for an invite cause not having a party is pretty painful.

Name: Laike
ID: 2450
Union: Unicornus

bomblord1

Banned
Huh haven't really heard about this really. Just seen it in the last few days. Just perusing the OP and the art style is really rubbing me the wrong way. The series has kept a fairly consistent style throughout with some minor evolution but this....

I'll be honest it makes me think of some of the current early morning toddler marketed Disney cartoons.

Ugh, I only planned to just try out the app, but the music and sound effects kicked my nostalgia into overdrive and now I can't stop playing.

Damn you Square Enix.

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
huh haven't really heard about this really. Just seen it in the last few days. Just perusing the OP and the art style is really rubbing me the wrong way. The series has kept a fairly consistent style throughout with some minor evolution but this....

I'll be honest it makes me think of some of the current early morning toddler marketed Disney cartoons.

Eh... The reason I hadn't been enthused for this game was because I saw the old KH Mobile art (think Theatrhythm) and went dark on the idea. I looked at a launch trailer and was blown away by comparison. This is how bad a kh game has to look to turn me away:
Kingdom_Hearts_Mobile_Avatar.jpg

You may find you do not enjoy it, but for the price of free its worth checking out.

Jeels

Submitted my entry via the form. Please add me to a party. From Khinsider as well so it'd be cool if there was a cross khi gaf group.

bomblord1

Banned
Eh... The reason I hadn't been enthused for this game was because I saw the old KH Mobile art (think Theatrhythm) and went dark on the idea. I looked at a launch trailer and was blown away by comparison. This is how bad a kh game has to look to turn me away:

You may find you do not enjoy it, but for the price of free its worth checking out.

Yea probably still worth checking out but still that initial look kind of rubbed me wrong.

I did the daily 600 pull and got Sora!

What do the sparkles around my Mickey mean by the way?

Sparkles mean that is the medal you are sharing with everyone. It's best to set your strongest medals as your rep.

2 questions:

Is there a way to let others in my party participate in raids other than dying? And there aren't any negative consequences for doing that, right?

Also, any recommendations on which keyblade to focus on upgrading? My Three Wishes is on stage 2, just got my second Orichalcum, thinking of throwing it into Starlight, but its type bonuses aren't too outstanding, even for an all-rounder type weapon.

Hachitora

I did the daily 600 pull and got Sora!

What do the sparkles around my Mickey mean by the way?

It means it's the medal that other people will use when they select you as support

Edit: Ninja'd
Also, any recommendations on which keyblade to focus on upgrading? My Three Wishes is on stage 2, just got my second Orichalcum, thinking of throwing it into Starlight, but its type bonuses aren't too outstanding, even for an all-rounder type weapon.
I personally didn't upgrade Starlight until a lot later. I found the single-type keyblades more useful to upgrade since you're usually not gonna need a multi-type team till later on

Turns out my phone didn't have enough memory, so I guess I'll be playing this on bluestacks.

If anyone could give me an invite,

Name: Touki
ID: 45701
Union: Unicornis

Mawarup

Neo Member
If there any Unicorn parties that still have room left open, like an invite.

CHAM

And should I just be focusing finishing the current story quest while the half ap is active?

So how are new hairstyles unlocked. All I've been getting is costumes so far. And what about skintones?

Hair styles come the same way. Keep playing, you'll get them. I'm at stage 50, I unlocked either 4 or 6 hairstyles so far.

Doubt we'll see skin tones unlocked. I remember seeing somewhere on this thread that in Japan, they didn't even get to choose the darker skin tones, and that those are just for the west or something (Could be wrong)

Primus

Is there any way to know if a skill will hit all enemies?

Bring up a particular medal and look for the icon to the right of Special Attack. If it's just a yellow star, that's a single-target attack. If the yellow star has two white arcs around it, that's an all-enemies attack.

Jeels

Hair styles come the same way. Keep playing, you'll get them. I'm at stage 50, I unlocked either 4 or 6 hairstyles so far.

Doubt we'll see skin tones unlocked. I remember seeing somewhere on this thread that in Japan, they didn't even get to choose the darker skin tones, and that those are just for the west or something (Could be wrong)

...so they think 6 to 8 skin tones covers it? Sigh...

Any guides on where to grind mats? I seem to always be low on copper ore.

Also @1500 ***els (;p) is it worth it to get Riku avatar over Sora?

man all these quest objectives telling me to equip inferior keyblades
i have nearly 15k attk and 14k def on my starlight
wth would i use anything else?
edit:also yes get riku outfit
it gives you tons of money for free and chip and dale medals as well as Cid medals
which youll need for your future 6* medals

Tirod

Wow I got rocked by the Invisible on Agrabah. I've got 2 1 Star Medals maxed out and 1 2 Star Medal maxed out + Treasure Trove 2 and I still got bodied. Had a speed medal from a friend, but I don't think an attack type would have changed much. Guess I'll be avoiding him for now.

Miracle

Faction: Unicornis
Name: Miracle
ID: 92545

Invite me Gaf. Just got a 5 star goofy too. I also bless you all in miracles!

Question - when fusing two of the same characters together, do they have to be the exact same version of a character, or do they just have to be the same character with the same amount of stars? I have a 2* KH1 Sora I can evolve, but would I be able to throw him into my 3* KH2 Sora and get that yellow pip? Or do they both have to be "3 Star KH2 Sora ver.A" to get the bonus?

Falk

that puzzling face
Question - when fusing two of the same characters together, do they have to be the exact same version of a character, or do they just have to be the same character with the same amount of stars? I have a 2* KH1 Sora I can evolve, but would I be able to throw him into my 3* KH2 Sora and get that yellow pip? Or do they both have to be "3 Star KH2 Sora ver.A" to get the bonus?

Same star rank.

Caim

Been focusing so much on upgrading Starlight and Treasure Trove that I kind of forgot about my other keyblades.

I'm in dire need of Orichalcum.

Falk

that puzzling face
Okay, I'm done just shy of 22 hours. Was sub-top 30 for a good bit of it, but I guess there's about 30 people even crazier than I am.

Back to work.

Thanks to Thursdaily though I managed to put together the first piece of my low-effort-combomaster green deck

WrJ9OVil.png

KimChi

Where do the fairy godmother medals drop? I'm on the 82nd mission in the story so far. I've got a couple 3* medals maxed out and I want to evolve them.

man all these quest objectives telling me to equip inferior keyblades
i have nearly 15k attk and 14k def on my starlight
wth would i use anything else?
edit:also yes get riku outfit
it gives you tons of money for free and chip and dale medals as well as Cid medals
which youll need for your future 6* medals

Thank you very much. And my Starlight is the same. Guess I'll come back and clear those missions 100% in the future.

Ugh, I don't know why I did it, but I linked my fb to it. Any way I can unlink it?

Btw:
User- Insomnic
ID #- 166783
Union- Unicorn

Looking for a party to join. Just started like 10 minutes ago, lol

Top Bottom