• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Primus

Cleared up through Quest 50, definitely starting to see the difficulty ramp. Getting harder and harder to three-Mickey each quest. Done for tonight.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
This game is A LOT better than I expected from a mobile F2P game. The combat is in depth enough, and the art style is just gorgeous.

tdwig

Neo Member
I have a question about medal infusion. If you infuse the wrong element does it effect stats negatively or just give less exp?

PiNKO
Unicorn

I'm also a little confused on avatar boards. When unlocking a node are those boosts permanent? Do I need to be wearing that outfit to recieve them? Does it matter which gender avatar board I'm using, as in do the male boards only give male characters bonuses? Should I be maxing out every board I come across, or are there any specific boards I should be saving up for?

Miracle

PiNKO
Unicorn

I'm also a little confused on avatar boards. When unlocking a node are those boosts permanent? Do I need to be wearing that outfit to recieve them? Does it matter which gender avatar board I'm using, as in do the male boards only give male characters bonuses? Should I be maxing out every board I come across, or are there any specific boards I should be saving up for?

Invite sent.

As for your questions: Yes. No. No. You can but also don't have to max out every board. So far I've only maxed out two boards because I wanted to wear the clothing, the rest I just unlocked the nodes that gave me more AP.

73 Quests later and hes finally getting tired of the "help me" motive
TuRK6Pnh.jpg

MicH

Nice. Managed to the get evo mats I needed to evolve my 3* AC Cloud to 4*. Then fused him with my other 4* AC Cloud and got the skill up or whatever the little dots are. Nice

The evo dungeon today is quite nice

duckroll

Finally got back to Daybreak Town. It's nice to have some story which isn't recycled worlds again lol.

Structure wise this is definitely more of a CoM/Days/Coded thing than a BbS/3D thing tho. Most of the content is clearly recycled, while the systems and framing narrative is new and kiiiiinda ties into the next major game.

It's really fun tho, so whatever! Best F2P gacha game since Terra Battle imo!

Miracle

Managed to evolve my Mickey Mouse to *5 star finally.

What I love about this game is that you are able to go from a 1 star to 6 star medal and the stats would be exactly the same in the end even if you opened up the 5 star version earlier.

Most gacha games I've played didn't work like this at all. If you got a version of said creature/minion that was any less than 5 stars, that would be total scrap because it wouldn't be able to evolve all the way, and the stats would be lesser if you tried to evolve it all the way than a 5 star opened one.

Good guy KHUX <3

RalchAC

Can anybody explain what the support medals do? The ones that have effects like "Raises Strength by 1 tier for 2 attacks". So far I've been only using attack skills.

And another little thing. Is it better to focus on upgrading a single keyblade or does dividing your mats between them works better? So far I've been doing the later. My Stalight is +5 and the other keyblades are +3.

Managed to evolve my Mickey Mouse to *5 star finally.

What I love about this game is that you are able to go from a 1 star to 6 star medal and the stats would be exactly the same in the end even if you opened up the 5 star version earlier.

Most gacha games I've played didn't work like this at all. If you got a version of said creature/minion that was any less than 5 stars, that would be total scrap because it wouldn't be able to evolve all the way, and the stats would be lesser if you tried to evolve it all the way than a 5 star opened one.

Good guy KHUX <3

Yeah, I was totally mindblown when I discovered that. Absolutely great. It's going to be hard to go back to other gacha games after playing this thing.

The best part about it is that you don't feel bad for "wasting" the EXP medals on lower rarity units. Because in the end they will be a worthwhile investment.

Guess we should spend our hard earned gems on costumes instead of pulls. And, BTW, are they going to release limited time units in the future?

Falk

that puzzling face
My Starlight has 5 medal slots right now while the others still have 3, and only get used for mission conditions.

5 medal slots is cheating. Totally worth the wait (going from 4->5 took 2 Orichalcum)

Grzi

Finally got back to Daybreak Town. It's nice to have some story which isn't recycled worlds again lol.

Structure wise this is definitely more of a CoM/Days/Coded thing than a BbS/3D thing tho. Most of the content is clearly recycled, while the systems and framing narrative is new and kiiiiinda ties into the next major game.

It's really fun tho, so whatever! Best F2P gacha game since Terra Battle imo!

So far I'd say FFRK is better.

But I'm enjoying this a lot.

MicH

How do you unlock skills on your medals? U have a 5* max lvl and I can't really see how I unlock a skill on it

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
we really need to have a general flow in the OP. it's not very clear what the best way to go about the game is.

->get your daily jewels but save them for costumes
->use ability points to unlock nodes on costumes
->when to use jewels on pulls, etc, etc, etc

and maybe put a hold on 'party request' posts as it's like 80% of this thread now

RalchAC

we really need to have a general flow in the OP. it's not very clear what the best way to go about the game is.

->get your daily jewels but save them for costumes
->use ability points to unlock nodes on costumes
->when to use jewels on pulls, etc, etc, etc

and maybe put a hold on 'party request' posts as it's like 80% of this thread now

The first part would be interesting, but it seems the OP has problems hitting the character limit.

I don't think the "party requests" posts are a real problem though. Keep in mind that many people has just started playing. In 2-3 days the amount of newcomers should lower and the discussion will be more meaty.

Until the EU launch, of course.

Nah, I will never respect any gacha game with autobattle.

Why don't you like it? Sometimes autobattle is useful. Like when you are rushing a low level daily for evolving mats.

Grzi

Nah, I will never respect any gacha game with autobattle.

Don't want to derail the thread but I'll just say you're missing out on possibly the best iteration of the ATB system ever.

Anyway, how long do I need to be able to do a 10 pull? It seems like it's taking forever.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm totally not a shill even though some of my work ended up in [chi] kk

This is a little belated, but if you're enjoying the game, I'd totally recommend doing $15 which gets you 3000 gems, but more importantly opens up all dailies till Sunday (hence, belated).

For the starting parts of the game, while building a deck of 5*s with good Special Ability upgrades, etc, having access to farmable upgrade mats without waiting for the weekly cycle to come about really makes the game a completely different experience, and considering it synergizes brutally well with the launch event 1/2 AP story mode (meaning practically infinite refills if you manage your AP well and min-max going for AP in all costumes you unlock). Every time I get near a level up, I'm putting the remainder AP into either upgrade mats, munny, more upgrade mats, medal upgrade mats, keyblade upgrade mats, evolve mats, more upgrade mats, etc.

Actually consider doing it after Sunday so the unlock lasts a full week, even if it's a later start.

Of course, this assumes 1) you're gonna be playing this for a long time and 2) you have a boatload of free time this week or next week to capitalize on that.

I did it, even if it only lasts 1/3 as long as it would have on Sunday, no regrets even if I never ever drop another dollar on the game.

Ken

I don't really understand the benefit of unlocking all the dailies versus waiting for them to be active. Couldn't you just farm the active daily every day? Or are later ones flat out more rewarding per AP, cause looking at the list it's like they're all for different types of stuff so idk.

This is my first f2p mobile game that I played for more than an hour so I don't really know the ins and outs of this genre.

Kinsei

Banned
I don't really understand the benefit of unlocking all the dailies versus waiting for them to be active.

This is my first f2p mobile game that I played for more than an hour so I don't really know the ins and outs of this genre.

The dailies give you a much higher chance of getting their respective materials. Being able to consistently get evolution and the higher tier mythril materials all week long is great.

Top Bottom