• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

So does everybody agree this is better than Days? Tho admittedly nothing is happening on the story front
(maybe for the best)
at least the gameplay is simple fun.

duckroll

So does everybody agree this is better than Days? Tho admittedly nothing is happening on the story front
(maybe for the best)
at least the gameplay is simple fun.

Well, I haven't paid 35 bucks for this yet, and I haven't damaged my wrist trying to fight a terrible aerial boss with asstastic DS non-analog controls in this game either, so I'll say so, yeah.

Kouriozan

Played a bit for like 2 hours, kinda nice but so far it's always the same attacks, hope things change a bit later.
Now I'm waiting for the EU release
lol
as I don't feel like starting over if I played a lot.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
finally got 1k jewels

cop the mad hatter costume or wait til i can get a sora/riku? how long are these available? i heard its best to unlock them quickly before they're gone from the store

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't really understand the benefit of unlocking all the dailies versus waiting for them to be active. Couldn't you just farm the active daily every day? Or are later ones flat out more rewarding per AP, cause looking at the list it's like they're all for different types of stuff so idk.

The dailies give you a much higher chance of getting their respective materials. Being able to consistently get evolution and the higher tier mythril materials all week long is great.

Honestly speaking, it becomes a little bit of an inventory management/logistics/tracking nightmare.

Say, right now you have a bunch of 2* Rikkus you want to make into a 5* with 3 Special Ability upgrades. You'd need to wait for the 1-3* evolution mat daily, speed XP/speed evolution daily, blah blah blah and that's just one thing on a checklist of things to keep track of, all of which fights for your inventory space.

Being able to farm XP mats and use them, then evolution mats, use those, etc really, really simplifies this a lot. Granted, after you get your preliminary deck off the ground and put some upgrades into inventory space, it becomes a lot less of a juggling headache, but I dunno, I feel like I might as well get my headstart out of the way so that I can get this into cruise mode that much sooner since I have (had) some free time.

I'm still currently ranked #29th (not that that's something to be proud of, heh), with a 5-medal Starfall and two upgraded 5*s of each color, which lets me plow through the story content. Currenty working on support or combo 5*s, like Stitch for green which is awesome at the end of the deck, and Vivi/Olette for blue whose skills give a stacking ATK buff.

I'm basically aiming to build as beefy of a max AP pool as possible before my little break's up, so that I have more wiggle room every time I have time to open the app on my phone.

Ken

Hmm I see. Is there a place to read up on deck building and AP stuff?

I feel like unlocking the dailies now would be pointless for me since I'm playing kind of aimlessly with my deck.

Skulldead

I want to join a party on unicorn,

Id 12501
Name : Patrick

I really like the game so far, a little too easy but I'm sure it will get harder (just see some optional fight)

Falk

that puzzling face
Hmm I see. Is there a place to read up on deck building and AP stuff?

Generally, it's precedent in gacha/stam-based games that when you level up, your stamina (AP in this case) refills to full. This is what's generally called a slingshot, and to get the most out of it, you want to level up when your AP is as close to zero as possible. (since the catch with stamina-based games is they otherwise take time to recharge) Put another way, any AP you had remaining when you level is AP that could have been used on something, and is thus wasted.

The thing about Unchained's design is that the levelling curve is lenient enough that you can play pretty much indefinitely because you'll level before running out of AP doing the story areas, and it's made even better(/worse lol) by the fact that they're running a launch event till 30th April where story AP cost is discounted by half.

That's a lot of AP that's going to waste if you have access to only one daily or another, for the reasons outlined above.

Again, it's not like you -have- to, but basically after a couple hours with the game, I evaluated my options, felt like I'd be essentially paying $15 for an unrestricted game provided I managed my AP properly, so I went with that.

I mean, how many people keep saying 'man i hate this stamina-based game - if I could pay $____ for it, I would'? This is what that accomplishes in practice, albeit for a limited duration.

edit: It's unrestricted dailies till Sunday though, so it's kind of a bad idea to do it right now.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
this game is almost good

if medals actually brought sprites out and stamina was gone, i'd like it a lot more

for now though Clash Royale is still the f2p king

xRaizen

My medal collection is full of Huey Dewey's and Louie's... I'm hitting the cap with just them and a couple Cid's. I heard not to waste them but should I level my medals with them?

Skulldead

My medal collection is full of Huey Dewey's and Louie's... I'm hitting the cap with just them and a couple Cid's. I heard not to waste them but should I level my medals with them?

Can use 1-2 * louie to level up, they are all pretty cummon.

Also sell moogle one with a little rock, use to get munny.

Huey Dewey and Louie are for levelling.

Cid is for 6* medals to decrease their cost when adding them to your Keyblade. They don't give EXP AFAIK

Overall I place this between Yokai Watch Wib Wub and Dokkan Battle. It is not as obnoxious as Dokkan Battle, but it still has a semi-premium currency which Wib Wob does not. However, the rolls tend to be better. Like guarentee'd SSR in Dokkan Battle is not a thing yet.
Edit: The Nephews are for EXP and Moogles for selling. It is like many gacha games.

MicH

All these 1 and 2 star Sora (ver. A) are awesome since I have a 5 star of that medal! Slowly evolving them up.

duckroll

The worst thing about any gacha game is the inventory management, ugh

Yeah that's why Terra Battle was the SUPER DUPER BEST for the longest time since there were no limits on materials and stuff. Then they added the companion system which was basically a stealth inventory system and now every time I do a bunch of Metal Zone runs for leveling, I have to evolve or sell shit to free up companion space. Boo!

Falk

that puzzling face
So I assume it's best to save the orichalcum for later keyblades?

I just pumped them all into Starlight.

edit:
X4GA4R5l.png

garath

Broke 3k gems with the daily reward today so I did my pull. Only a single 5* boo :( selphie. Fortunately she has a good active. Got a lot of 4* units too so that's something. Going to have to see how hard the 4* evo mat dungeon is this weekend. The 3* one is easy so I'll be making some 4* units once I get XP mats. It's a vicious cycle. I can almost see paying the 15 bucks to grind the heck out of everything. But I don't want to. The progression seems too unbalanced. Probably not going to last in this game.

duckroll

Why is the only way to backup your account to link it with a Facebook account? What about those of us without Facebook accounts and who don't want one? Why don't they have other options?

I'm #28 and I spent $15 :V
I'm also 18 and was currently in school that day
I will take it, fam
You mods can go win the game or something
Why is the only way to backup your account to link it with a Facebook account? What about those of us without Facebook accounts and who don't want one? Why don't they have other options?
Gotta get them friends in
I personally just have multiple facebook accounts, some primarily for gaming and others for "real people"

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Anyone know a good spot to farm Mythril Gems ? I wanna update my Keyblade lol.

btw. Whats the point of ranking up ? I thought i wouldnt have to bother with that since i joined the popular group.

That kinda sucks...i remember reading that the jpn version at least had twitter, google and co. as backup choices.

ReaperXL7

Do the jewel costumes have unique stats? I'm going to pick up one of them but wether they do or not will obviously influence my choice of which

I haven't spend any money on this game yet and I'm ranked 970 Unicornis. But I'm soooo tempted to buy that Jewel pack to raise my rank. :/
I think it's too late by this point, but for next week, buy the $15 pack that unlocks all the Special events for the week, worth it about 1000 times over

Permanently A

Do the jewel costumes have unique stats? I'm going to pick up one of them but wether they do or not will obviously influence my choice of which

No, they mostly give you endgame medals for upgrading and some upgrades to AP and such but those aren't unique. Kinda regret buying my Sora to be honest, should have saved for medals instead.

garath

I need teardrops for my starlight. Dammit. I know I've seen them recently but I've tried a few random dungeons to no avail.

eefara

Anyone here go by Lucifer, REVAN, or Nestly on Chi? I've got some requests here to join the gaf Anguis group, and I don't think I've seen those names in the thread yet.

Although I'm not entirely too far into the game (just finished the tutorial, really) but I'm already liking this. I never expected this to be localized, or Tales of Link so between these two I'm playing my first smartphone games. I'm also looking for a party, info below.

Id:13568
Name: Kristina

I chose Vulpeus

Visceir

Decided to start over and go on a reroll streak to get one of the top rated starter units. Hope it won't take forever, haha.

Malyse

I've seen a lot of "How should I spend my jewels" and "Should I buy more storage" online so let me address that.

Buy outfits.
No.

First off, sell any 1* and 2* attack medals (not Huey Dewey and Louie) you aren't using and all your moogles. Fuse Huey Dewey and Louie into their corresponding medals types. Focus on buying outfits, but only unlock up to the outfit. Don't do the medal nodes yet.

IMG_0824.PNG

The orange ones are the medal nodes. You need to be constantly building cost for the later half of the game. Once you've full unlocked each keyblade, in order to equip five 6* medals you need no less than 180 cost and that's assuming that you have 50 Cid medals to knock off 10 cost from each medal. If you don't then you'll need 230 cost. On top of all that, you will only ever need 15 medals total: five from each type. You have 50 medal spots and you only need 15, so you don't need storage.

------

We have a discord server

Are the Mog medals just meant to be sold? Also are the nodes on the avatar item permanent or do you have to have the item on your avatar? I've been purchasing all the node for the male avatar.

Top Bottom