• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Permanently A

Forget gems! Where can we farm stones? Has anyone got a farming guide of any kind? Don't care if it's in Japanese at this point.

Do you mean Mythril Stones? For Keyblade upgrades?

You can get them from Special Quests > Starlight Materials, but only 1 per run. Also on the weekend they'll have a Mythril Madness event which I assume will drop them more copiously.

ahh crap, looks like we both have to be in the same Union :/ Unicornis

added you
---

If anyone else is interested shoot me a reply and I'll add you. It's a Unicornis party.

ID:218446

Union:
robot_unicorn_by_dragonsandbeasties-d3l8z59.jpg

Permanently A

This might be a dumb question, but how can you tell whether a medal's attack is single-target or multi-target?

Its not dumb. In the special attack description there's an orange star explosion kind of shape. If the star has two arcs around it, it multi. If its just the star with no arcs, its single.

Famassu

OHMAGAAAD

This fucking game. Stop pushing Louie on me! >: (

Is anyone else getting, like, 98% Louie medals and nothing else? My green medals are all nigh fully upgraded (as far as I can upgrade them currently), even my 5* Aeris is lvl 76/80 and I've got several lesser 4, 3 & 2* Speed medals at full levels. In comparison, my best 5* Power medal is only 40/80 and I've only got two other power medals leveled up (the other is 40/40, the second one only 20/40). And let's not even talk about Magic medals (4* medal only at 36/60, 3* medal 16/40 and that's pretty much it...). -_-

sn00zer

Deciding whether or not to download this as a huge KH fan, and all I see are pages and pages of literally the worst aspect of Kingdom Hearts which is material grinding. Literally the wort aspect. Seriously. You can complain for days about the thing KH does wrong, but the alchemy is by far the worst.

insanekyo

Neo Member
Deciding whether or not to download this as a huge KH fan, and all I see are pages and pages of literally the worst aspect of Kingdom Hearts which is material grinding. Literally the wort aspect. Seriously. You can complain for days about the thing KH does wrong, but the alchemy is by far the worst.

It's honestly not as bad it seem. Simpler then most mobile games. Gameplay is fun and "feels" KH-ish but the core game is grinding for materials and building up your avatar.

That said, it's not a full fledged KH games and shares aspects to a lot with other mobile games.

Falk

that puzzling face

Saw pages and pages of invite requests actually.

edit: Wait, I remember your thread about recommending mobile games. You owe it to yourself to give this a shot. Really.

hamchan

This not being out in Australia yet is very frustrating.

I can use my US account to get it but that makes it very frustrating since i'll have to use US Itunes cards if I ever want to buy something.

where? I'm not seeing anything in the special quests.

I'm thinking it's different for different people. Earlier today somebody else mentioned it in the thread, yet it wasn't up when I checked it. It popped for me a few hours after that, and now somebody else has reported it and it's not up for you or me.

Permanently A

I'm thinking it's different for different people. Earlier today somebody else mentioned it in the thread, yet it wasn't up when I checked it. It popped for me a few hours after that, and now somebody else has reported it and it's not up for you or me.

Maybe it changes based on what you designate as your play time?

Permanently A

Hmm, how should I put this... a big part of the game is collecting mats and such, but it doesn't feel like the focus of the game. You just kinda pick up the things you need as you play through the story, at least that's been my experience anyways.

I also think this is one of the best ATB systems I've ever played. In turn based games, I'm already trying to find the fastest AoE nuke strategies to prevent the enemies from getting to their turns. The fact that the game is rewarding and actively encouraging this strategy is very much to my liking.

Malyse

Seems like it's a lot of damage for 1 bar. I mean, yeah, you lose a lot of life doing it but the game encourages you to finish things in one turn anyways, no?

You have a lot more experience with the game though so I'm sure there's a reason why you say it's awful. Only useful for certain missions, maybe?

The only thing I can think of that could make it better is that it's speed element. They're nearly equal stat wise, with Riku having a slight edge.

Because it can finish that battle quickly, yes, but what happened if there's a Invisible in the next room? Too much risk. I've had that medal backfire much too often.

Malyse

dammit.....gaahhhh
He's right. It's a lot more fun than you think.
YOU'RE LATE

YOU'RE LATER THAN RABBIT

I figure that pumping one keyblade to 5 medals is going to be infinitely more useful than pumping three to 4 medals, and if it's gonna be one, might as well be the agnostic one with some sick boosts at high level. Even as a neutral keyblade having 5 medals of one color unloads the hurt for the 1-round requirements, especially with Hayner/Pence/Olette starting off with attack boost.
Fully disagree. You'll be switching keyblades often, so spread the love. Some mission objectives are use a certain Keyblade.

Also, the true agnostic key isn't in UX yet.

------

So how's everyone doing? What's your party and personal ranks?

Malyse

So how soon do I need to worry about the Chesire hats and Sora/Riku outfits leaving the store? Trying to plot out a time table to get everything while doing Munny runs today and Mythril run on Sat/Sun.

Please send help, this game is too addicting

It's more like the Halloween, New Years, Easter outfits to worry about. That being said, I don't know if those will disappear. I try to snatch everything ASAP. Better safe.

Skulldead

I know this is a pre-quel to the War in the storyline, but does the story pick up somewhere ? or i'll probably play to the end for nothing ? Because find this, and this, and this, i'm about to skip every cutscene...

Quonny

Been playing this for about an hour or so. This seems a little too simplistic for my taste. Maybe it gets a little deeper later, but it seems you really only have three things to do in combat and the only real strategy is looking at the element and deciding whether to use a medal or not.

Also wtf this game is a massive download. 1.1 GB.

Bebpo

Banned
Been playing this for about an hour or so. This seems a little too simplistic for my taste. Maybe it gets a little deeper later, but it seems you really only have three things to do in combat and the only real strategy is looking at the element and deciding whether to use a medal or not.

Also wtf this game is a massive download. 1.1 GB.

Yeah the game seems super easy and shallow early on. Also no real story. Any of these things improve? I'm fine with the battle system if there's enough challenge to force players to master it.

lazypants

So does this game have a story, or is it more like one of those never ending mmo type games? I love KH but would like something that actually ends in a reasonable amount of time.

What timezone does the game run on? Its already Saturday for me on EST but the new missions aren't up.

It appears to be PST. The game rolled over the 3 medal deal in the shop at 3am EST.

...Then when I loaded the game this morning it said 'The date has changed. Restarting App.'

So I'm guessing somethings roll over at midnight PST and others rollover later in the morning.

Boogiepop

Noticed that you have to actually pick up your gifts, and that got me enough jewels for a x10 medal pack. Got a 5 star Mushu and Wakka (the Wakka being a little weird to me as he's one I had been raising at 4 star already). Oh, and 2 level 4 KHII Sora Bs. Weird getting doubles from that. Should I just fuse the extra into something?

Edit: Other people are further than me, but you get a taste of actual story in the lead up from missions 90-100 or so. Not much, but at least a bit more than Disney characters giving you simple tasks.

Malyse

I know this is a pre-quel to the War in the storyline, but does the story pick up somewhere ? or i'll probably play to the end for nothing ? Because find this, and this, and this, i'm about to skip every cutscene...

So does this game have a story, or is it more like one of those never ending mmo type games? I love KH but would like something that actually ends in a reasonable amount of time.

It has a story.

Kitoro

So what's the verdict on doing a bunch of 3 pulls for 600 gems a day vs a 10 pull?

The 5* rates seem pretty solid overall with 3 pulls, and 3 pulls yield 15 medals for the same price as a 10 pull.

Any advice? Thanks!

Miracle

Also for those that don't know, if you have multiples of the same medal, you can fuse em with the one you want to use and it will increase that medal's special attack.

Yeah the game seems super easy and shallow early on. Also no real story. Any of these things improve? I'm fine with the battle system if there's enough challenge to force players to master it.

It seems to be paced like this:

String of Disney world missions > String of DB town missions related to the main story > String of Disney world missions somewhat related to DB storyline > DB town missions wrapping up storyline > repeat.

First DB storyline mission is #35, and it ends at around....#81. The PC version apparently just hit 500 episodes so....

Also for those that don't know, if you have multiples of the same medal, you can fuse em with the one you want to use and it will increase that medal's special attack.

This apparently only applies to 3 star+ medals as I've fused one star medals together and nothing happened.

Top Bottom