• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Awww yiss!
Went from 7 hits to 11 hits. Dude is a beast!

Q7NPGhU.jpg

Balphon

Also for those that don't know, if you have multiples of the same medal, you can fuse em with the one you want to use and it will increase that medal's special attack.

Are those upgrades retained when the medal is evolved?

So what's the verdict on doing a bunch of 3 pulls for 600 gems a day vs a 10 pull?

The 5* rates seem pretty solid overall with 3 pulls, and 3 pulls yield 15 medals for the same price as a 10 pull.

Any advice? Thanks!

15x > 1 + 9x for values of x > 0.166, so if the 5* rate from the gacha is better than 16% then the 3 pulls are better for everything. If not, they are better only at getting you a larger total quantity of medals per gem, to the extent that is actually useful.

16% seems fairly high for the best possible result, but without any actual data it's impossible to tell.

Also for those that don't know, if you have multiples of the same medal, you can fuse em with the one you want to use and it will increase that medal's special attack.
I done it twice. Got 1 five, 3 fours, and 2 threes. I think an extra medal is not worth the savings IMO.
I have seen someone do bad in 10, and get 2 5* medals in a video so pray to RNGesus.

Edit: Deciding my 6 star. Thinking Leon...

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
What's with the +1000 and -10 there? 0_0

I actually don't know, I hope someone with more experience with the game knows the answer to this one.

Chip, dale, and cid medals. They permananly add stats. Not sure if these retain after evolution so I saved them until I evolved to 6*.

Those numbers are in addition so this guy has 7k attack atm. Wonder what it will be when I get him to 100.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Can't wait to get mine to 6*, he's been a real trooper. I've got a costume with a bunch of Cids just waiting to be used on him.

This appears to be the cap. 10 of each medal type (if I remember correctly) Game won't let me feed him more of these types of medals.

Balphon

I actually don't know, I hope someone with more experience with the game knows the answer to this one.

I would imagine they're not, since if they are then the optimal upgrade path would be to draw the medal at 3* and wait to evolve it, which would suck. If I had enough power medals to cap my young hercules I'd check myself.

Miracle

Chip, dale, and cid medals. They permananly add stats. Not sure if these retain after evolution so I saved them until I evolved to 6*.

Those numbers are in addition so this guy has 7k attack atm. Wonder what it will be when I get him to 100.

Ohhh nice.

I did the 3000 pack twice, was hoping to draw a KH2 Riku but no dice. I hope there is a lv3 version somewhere I can land somehow.

Boogiepop

Btw, how many story missions are in the game currently? (I'm assuming it's not at all done yet from the way people are talking, though...)

Falk

that puzzling face
200, and yeah, it's obviously meant to be added on to.

For example, Olympia keyblade can't be upgraded past 10, presumably because it uses mats from places that don't yet exist.

edit: Added name - not exactly a spoiler since it's plastered on a special mission banner, heh.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

For example, Olympia keyblade can't be upgraded past 10, presumably because it uses mats from places that don't yet exist.

edit: Added name - not exactly a spoiler since it's plastered on a special mission banner, heh.

How high can Starlight go? I'm at +19 on the cusp of +20. The thing never stops.

Boogiepop

Cool, thanks. So at a little over 100 I'm technically about halfway there. But of course I'm assuming eventually progression will become trickier. But yeah, it'll be interesting to see how often this thing gets content updates...

How high can Starlight go? I'm at +19 on the cusp of +20. The thing never stops.
Curious myself, since there is 200 story missions I will only unlock the first two keyblades all the way since I use them the most. Close to mission 100.
Glad it seems the material is not restricted to story missions once all five slots are done.
Edit: Starlight +10 and Treasure Trove +16 myself. Barriers!

Kinsei

Banned

Only 200?

*Looks at how I've been spending my orichalcum*

What have I done?

chrono01

I just unlocked the KH 3D Sora outfit, but how do I wear it? I went to the appearance section and it wasn't listed.

Speaking of, is it worth unlocking the KH Sora outfit for 1500 orbs before doing a guaranteed 5* multi-pull?

Edit: Never mind, I need to complete the nodes on the board first. Still, my other question stands, haha.

Kinsei

Banned
I just unlocked the KH 3D Sora outfit, but how do I wear it? I went to the appearance section and it wasn't listed.

Speaking of, is it worth unlocking the KH Sora outfit for 1500 orbs before doing a guaranteed 5* multi-pull?

Go to the outfit board and click on it. There you can spend your coins to get permanent stat increases and unlock the pieces of the outfit. I'd say get the outfit first so you can have the keyblade points and Cid medals required for 6* medals.

KimChi

I think you should do the 5* pull first then work on the outfits, having some high rank medals definitely helps out for the story.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Edit: Never mind, I need to complete the nodes on the board first. Still, my other question stands, haha.

I would get your 10 pull before going ham on the outfits. The outfits raise cost which you don't need if you don't have 5* units.

Also for the sake of your storage don't keep unlocking into the cid, chip, and dale medals. Those will sit around till you eventually make a 6*.

chrono01

Go to the outfit board and click on it. There you can spend your coins to get permanent stat increases and unlock the pieces of the outfit. I'd say get the outfit first so you can have the keyblade points and Cid medals required for 6* medals.

I think you should do the 5* pull first then work on the outfits, having some high rank medals definitely helps out for the story.

I would get your 10 pull before going ham on the outfits. The outfits raise cost which you don't need if you don't have 5* units.

Also for the sake of your storage don't keep unlocking into the cid, chip, and dale medals. Those will sit around till you eventually make a 6*.
Thanks for the posts, you three!

I've heard that the outfits are only around for a limited time, is that true? If so, that's why I kind of feel encouraged to get it first. :/

Permanently A

Okay so what you unlocked wasn't actually an outfit, but the outfit's "ability board."

Every costume/hairstyle has an ability board. On the ability board there are things like HP upgrades and AP (energy for doing the misisons) upgrades.

o7Pi60y.png

Now, see those smiley face icons? THOSE are costume bits. You have to unlock them on the ability board using the avatar tokens you get from beating missions.

In my opinion since all the upgrades are cumulative I would recommend investing in AP, HP and cost upgrades before unlocking the cosmetics. But avatar tokens are fairly plentiful, if you just want a particular costume there's no harm in it, but its wasteful to try to unlock every single accessory; you're better off spending the tokens on upgrades.

In regards to your second question I bought KH Sora's ability board first and regret it a lot. Instead of upgrades it just gives you upgrade medals that I can't really use because they're meant for endgame medals, which I don't have yet. I would recommend the 10 pack as your first buy.

I caved and bought the 10 Medal Pack and used all the jewels I saved up on the special quests. Glad I did, I now have a Starlight +20 now and some decent medals finally. Anyone know how many quests there are at this point?

chrono01

Okay so what you unlocked wasn't actually an outfit, but the outfit's "ability board."

Every costume/hairstyle has an ability board. On the ability board there are things like HP upgrades and AP (energy for doing the misisons) upgrades.

o7Pi60y.png

Now, see those smiley face icons? THOSE are costume bits. You have to unlock them on the ability board using the avatar tokens you get from beating missions.

In my opinion since all the upgrades are cumulative I would recommend investing in AP, HP and cost upgrades before unlocking the cosmetics. But avatar tokens are fairly plentiful, if you just want a particular costume there's no harm in it, but its wasteful to try to unlock every single accessory; you're better off spending the tokens on upgrades.

In regards to your second question I bought KH Sora's ability board first and regret it a lot. Instead of upgrades it just gives you upgrade medals that I can't really use because they're meant for endgame medals, which I don't have yet. I would recommend the 10 pack as your first buy.
Thanks, I appreciate it!

I'll go for a ten-pull first, and then unlock the outfit then.

KimChi

I just got my first scrooge medal, so if I want to transfer the ability to another medal I would feed the scrooge medal to it right?
Is it a guarantee skill transfer and are there scrooge medals with different skills?
The one I got right now is an attack boost I.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I just got my first scrooge medal, so if I want to transfer the ability to another medal I would feed the scrooge medal to it right?
Is it a guarantee skill transfer and are there scrooge medals with different skills?
The one I got right now is an attack boost I.

Where did you get that medal?

The skills have a % transfer chance. They can fail and you lose the medal and have no skill.

So now that ive got 3000 jewels is it worth just going for the 10medal draw or???

If you haven't done a 10 medal draw yet I'd recommend it. Found myself having a difficult time finishing some of the quests from 90 onward until I did that. Granted, I got 3 5-star medals out of it, but I feel like it still helps a good deal.

Falk

that puzzling face
Scrooges seem to have a 100% chance of transferring. Can't remember where I got mine though unfortunately.

Think it may have been right before Olympus, because clear requirements for activating Attack Boost I appear right there.

So now that ive got 3000 jewels is it worth just going for the 10medal draw or???

Think the consensus right now is a single 10-pull into the cosmetic items. The cosmetic items are for mid-late game so their advantage isn't immediately usable.

Actually though, 5 daily pulls for 15 seems like it'd be a better value than single 10-pull, except you're not working with a baseline guaranteed 5*. Since everything in this game is upgradeable to max * rank, you'll get more out of 15 medals total, but it'd take a couple of weeks to bring them up to speed if they aren't already 5*, unless you get the $15 unlock.

If you haven't done a 10 medal draw yet I'd recommend it. Found myself having a difficult time finishing some of the quests from 90 onward until I did that. Granted, I got 3 5-star medals out of it, but I feel like it still helps a good deal.

unless you are cursed by the transgressions of your careless ancestors then yes, the 10 medal draw is worth

Ayt ill give it a shot but you know who im blaming now. Ive got my scapegoats.

Miracle

AHHHHH FUCK.

Why the hell was this ability dots feature not explained at all in this game? That is very important information.

That pisses me off. How the heck am I supposed to find another lv 3-5 Goofy B version?

Top Bottom