• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

chrono01

Best thing of this game is, that you can go Directly to box Space 300
U1rsCG7.gif

Is there any way of grinding/farming for a specific duckling medal, even the low end ones?
I've got a dearth of Deweys, and I want to upgrade my Tutorial Mickey (shut up he's still one of the best I have!)

Rinさとり;200542434 said:
Invite please. if there are still room in the GAF party

ID: 276243
Name : RieIsumi
Unicornis

Invite Sent. (There's more than one GAF party, since the party limit is 30 players)

RalchAC

I've seen the game automatically changes the game prices to €. Neat.

Wonder if they aren't launching in Europe because they want EFIGS support. It's a big franchise and an important part of their target users are kids. It would make sense.

From what was recommended to me, do one ten-pull and then save for an outfit.

Yeah that sounds good. At Chapter 75, my medals don't seem to deal enough damage. There was a Morning Star optional fight in 73 that I would have been able to finish if I hadn't spammed my Tinkerbell healing ability.

Right now I'm at 2800. After the login bonus I should be able to pull.

I've seen the game automatically changes the game prices to €. Neat.

Microtransaction stores show your local prices but you can't purchase anything in your native currency.

It was the same with the Japanese version, I could see Australian prices for jewels despite the game not supporting that.

RalchAC

Microtransaction stores show your local prices but you can't purchase anything in your native currency.

It was the same with the Japanese version, I could see Australian prices for jewels despite the game not supporting that.

Oh, thanks. Never played a game that wasn't available in my region, so I didn't know that

Tidd

I only get the "Purchase currency is not supported" message for paypal and giftcards. If I want to use my credit card it shows nothing like it is supposed to be and I also get a "buy" button instead of "continue". I don't know if the purchase would go through but I should test it in the future.

Wazzy

Banned
Just started and I'm enjoying it so far. I'll need to check out the medal list so I can get an idea of what's good.

I only get the "Purchase currency is not supported" message for paypal and giftcards. If I want to use my credit card it shows nothing like it is supposed to be and I also get a "buy" button instead of "continue". I don't know if the purchase would go through but I should test it in the future.

This is my first attempt using the touch ID to purchase jewels. It took three times using touch ID to get to this message.
CfmAp8LUEAAaaCE.jpg

Then this time I typed my password in and the standard message turns up. Different account, different region, no go.
CfmAp_wUkAESfW9.jpg

MicH

Oh god the mythril daily is good! Running out of mythril shards, though. Might have to go back and redo some of few quests where I missed the objectives for them

Groof

Yeah that sounds good. At Chapter 75, my medals don't seem to deal enough damage. There was a Morning Star optional fight in 73 that I would have been able to finish if I hadn't spammed my Tinkerbell healing ability.

Right now I'm at 2800. After the login bonus I should be able to pull.

i couldn't even beat the one in 71. was one hit away on the one in 73 but then it got me orz

Falk

that puzzling face
I guess the keyblade progression limiters are shards and orichalcum, where the larger varieties of Mythril are the actual regular drops.

Kain

Is there any more to battles than just press or swipe? I mean, the game is somewhat fun, but I can see it getting boring after a while.

I'm a KHbitch so I'll finish the story 100% for sure, but I would like to have fun in the meantime if possible :S

Dandte

Is there any more to battles than just press or swipe? I mean, the game is somewhat fun, but I can see it getting boring after a while.

I'm a KHbitch so I'll finish the story 100% for sure, but I would like to have fun in the meantime if possible :S
With tapping, swiping and freely Running around it has more actual gameplay than Most other gacha Games, haha.

I will try to get the 3000 and then go Full box or at least to 200. on iOS the currency changes with your Singned in App Store Account. But this doesn't mean you can buy with your non us Account.

RalchAC

The game encourages you to finish the battles in one turn, which can be a bit hard sometimes. So you have to manage when to press, swipe or use special skills considering you have a limited MP pool. It's not the most complicated thing ever, but when you get to harder levels it gets more fun. Or maybe I'm trying to see depth where there isn't, who knows :p

Falk

that puzzling face
Technically there's a lot of planning, both long-term (keyblade upgrades, what medals to focus on) and short-term (keyblade loadouts) and resource management in the form of the orange meter.

Tidd

This is my first attempt using the touch ID to purchase jewels. It took three times using touch ID to get to this message.

Then this time I typed my password in and the standard message turns up. Different account, different region, no

I'm on Android, so maybe it's different. Unfortunately I don't have enough money on my debit CC so I can't test it.
These are my purchase pop ups.

If I continue the purchase with my CC I just get the message that I would get normally if I don't have enough money. So there is hope for us non-american android players. :D

Hazmat

If there are any GAF parties still accepting members:

Name: Hazmat
Union: Unicornis
ID: 356571

Just starting out, but this is pretty fun so far.

Caim

Just had my first Omega raid boss fight and I definitely wasn't expecting it two have two elements.

EDIT: Beat it and got 3.5k Lux!

Ken

That's how I feel about the gameplay too, kind of. I've been pushing on because the deck/hand building and figuring out ways to best chase those 1-turn wins is fun enough, as well as discovering new special attacks and combos. It also helps the swish-swoosh of the Keyblade attacks is kind of satisfying lol.

Kouriozan

I have an hard time believing this game is cannon, I noticed a few inconsistency or they are going to pull "everyone forgot what happened because X reason" again...

Malyse

Chip, dale, and cid medals. They permananly add stats. Not sure if these retain after evolution so I saved them until I evolved to 6*.

Those numbers are in addition so this guy has 7k attack atm. Wonder what it will be when I get him to 100.

They do, but lower stars have lower limits. A 5* can only be boosted 400 but a 6* gets a full 1000 boost. That's why you wait. And Cid is only for 6*.

200, and yeah, it's obviously meant to be added on to.

For example, Olympia keyblade can't be upgraded past 10, presumably because it uses mats from places that don't yet exist.

edit: Added name - not exactly a spoiler since it's plastered on a special mission banner, heh.

Yup yup. I was on mission 365 in the Japanese game. Pity. I was so looking forward to your wails of despair.

How high can Starlight go? I'm at +19 on the cusp of +20. The thing never stops.

Assuming they stay the same as the browser game, +50.

Thanks for the posts, you three!

I've heard that the outfits are only around for a limited time, is that true? If so, that's why I kind of feel encouraged to get it first. :/

Some. You'll recognize the limited ones.

I just got my first scrooge medal, so if I want to transfer the ability to another medal I would feed the scrooge medal to it right?
Is it a guarantee skill transfer and are there scrooge medals with different skills?
The one I got right now is an attack boost I.

Scrooge is 100%, others less.

Mickey and Org 13 cloaked person show up so it probably will be important

Slight spoiler, but that's almost certainly not OrgXIII.
I have an hard time believing this game is cannon, I noticed a few inconsistency or they are going to pull "everyone forgot what happened because X reason" again...

Then you don't believe Nomura? Trust me, it's canon.

Is there anything more to KH2 battles than ✖️ and 🔺? I mean, you can be reductive about any KH battle system. The game is about planning when to single attack, when it multi attack and when to use a special. Plus, what keyblade to bring, what medals to equip, etc.

so is there a reason to spend 1500 for a costume or should i save it for medals?

Do you want to use those medals? You need cost. A 6* is 46 cost. Five of them is 230 cost.

Malyse

So for the medal can you build a 1 star medal up to 6 stars or is it like FFRK and it can only evolve a certain number of times.

You can go from 1* to 6*

It seems to be paced like this:

String of Disney world missions > String of DB town missions related to the main story > String of Disney world missions somewhat related to DB storyline > DB town missions wrapping up storyline > repeat.

First DB storyline mission is #35, and it ends at around....#81. The PC version apparently just hit 500 episodes so....

This apparently only applies to 3 star+ medals as I've fused one star medals together and nothing happened.

To be clear, the mission structure in Unchained isn't the same as [chi]. I've noticed that some single missions in [chi] are three or four missions in Unchained. BUT! Unchained is streamlining [chi] as well. For example, there were five levels of Keyblade in [chi] in opposed to the three in Unchained.

Yoday

So is it worth it to get this 1700 jewel pack even though the mission unlocks only last another two days? I have no problem with spending a few bucks on a game I am enjoying to pay for it, but I don't want to buy the pack now just to see it pop up again on Monday with a longer lasting mission unlock.

MicH

One more orichalcum and I'll have two keyblades with 5 slots! Gotta grind these quests

Also, what are the skip tickets you can get when buying jewel? Are they for the colosseum so you can collect multiple rewards at once?

Malyse

One more orichalcum and I'll have two keyblades with 5 slots! Gotta grind these quests

Also, what are the skip tickets you can get when buying jewel? Are they for the colosseum so you can collect multiple rewards at once?

No they are for replaying missions for rewards. It's part of the 1.20 update, so I never actually used it myself.
So is it worth it to get this 1700 jewel pack even though the mission unlocks only last another two days? I have no problem with spending a few bucks on a game I am enjoying to pay for it, but I don't want to buy the pack now just to see it pop up again on Monday with a longer lasting mission unlock.

It's going to pop up monday.

Which blade to level up? Does it really matter in the end?

Spread the love.

Spenny

Changed my Union, so feel free to add me to one of the Parties!

Name: Spenny
Union: Unicornis
ID: 344705

Look forward to playing (kinda?) with you all!

Malyse

My god that last update.

I can't wait for you all to tell me how much you are into this game's story, cause damn. Skuld is such a fantastic character.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Sitting at 1200 gems right now and am always so tempted to do the daily pull instead of waiting till 3000. :(

Yoday

What missions are good to farm for the Orichalcum?

Top Bottom