• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Are there any GAF parties for the fox union?

Sitting at 1200 gems right now and am always so tempted to do the daily pull instead of waiting till 3000. :(
I got a 3★, a 4★ and a 5★ from a three pull.

I'm not seeing a major value difference in the higher ranked medals (yet) and since everything can be upgraded, it seems to make more sense to me to get cheaper medals until you are comfortable saving up that many gems.

Grzi

How'd I do?

UJGHHvc.jpg

eefara

Are there any GAF parties for the fox union?

I haven't seen any yet, even though there's a good number of people floating around here in Vulpeus.

Oh, and does anyone know what the crown next to your party name in the party management screen signify? It keeps changing color on me, and I have no clue why.

So when I go to the Medals list one of my medals is sparkly while the others aren't. What does this mean? It's a standard Level 1 Goofy medal btw. Nothing about it that stands out as special.

I'm on Android, so maybe it's different. Unfortunately I don't have enough money on my debit CC so I can't test it.
These are my purchase pop ups.

If I continue the purchase with my CC I just get the message that I would get normally if I don't have enough money. So there is hope for us non-american android players. :D

I've bought stuff in Plants vs Zombies Heroes despite that game not being released in the US yet. I think it just does the currency conversion automatically

Wait, is it a bad idea to do the daily pulls? I've gotten a bunch of 5*s from those but if I should be saving for an outfit I guess I'll stop

Luigi87

Wait, is it a bad idea to do the daily pulls? I've gotten a bunch of 5*s from those but if I should be saving for an outfit I guess I'll stop

If you want to save for outfits, then you definitely don't want to be pulling medals, lol.

Being said, while they are slower (as limit to 3 per day) the daily 3m for 600j is more economical than 10m for 3000j, as once you you spend 3000 jewels on medals via the daily (assuming it doesn't change? It hasn't yet), you will have gotten 15 medals instead of 10.
Edit: ... Though I guess with this method you aren't guaranteed 5* pulls.

If you want to save for outfits, then you definitely don't want to be pulling medals, lol.

Being said, while they are slower (as limit to 3 per day) the daily 3m for 600j is more economical than 10m for 3000j, as once you you spend 3000 jewels on medals via the daily (assuming it doesn't change? It hasn't yet), you will have gotten 15 medals instead of 10.
Edit: ... Though I guess with this method you aren't guaranteed 5* pulls.

If you're going for medals, I'd use the daily method personally. Just because something is five stars doesn't mean it's a great unit in this game. Some five stars are literally just 1 or 2 star units leveled up to 5.

Permanently A

Wait a minute, after thinking about it the daily pull doesn't seem so bad, since in one aspect drawing 5* is a pain in the ass to level the special since you would have to feed it 3 identical 5* medals.

As far as I can tell, it seems good to draw one 10 pack just so you're guaranteed to get at least one 5* so you don't get screwed and can progress in the game, and afterwards pull from dailies where drawing 3* won't hurt as much since you're getting medals at a better gem rate and if you level a 3* to 5* with the special, then instead of using 3 5* medals you can use a 3*, 4* and 5* medal instead.

Any thoughts?

Can you not cycle through your available medals in combat? I can't find any info on that and there doesn't seem to be a gesture that would allow it.

Malyse

Blegh. Same Auto Battle, different game . Not feeling another mindless gacha game.

I guess it's a good thing this isn't a mindless gatcha game then.
I just started playing, what are all the ways you can earn gems?

Login, every five story missions, fulfill certain objective missions.
And money.

-----

Spoiler of a moment to come (assuming this happens in Unchained, as it may not for reasons). Major spoiler TBH, but pretty much proof that the story will go places.

Player: Even if these feelings, anger and sadness, signify darkness, pushing them down is proving impossible.

Even if I cross Keyblades with you, Master, I don't think I will come away from this with any kind of peace.

Maybe I'll disappear, too.

But even so, I'm sure that if Ephemera were here, this is what he'd do…

(You get into a battle stance.)

Player: Master [Foreteller], raise your Keyblade.

In case you are wondering, no, you don't win. Not even close TBH.

Luigi87

If you're going for medals, I'd use the daily method personally. Just because something is five stars doesn't mean it's a great unit in this game. Some five stars are literally just 1 or 2 star units leveled up to 5.

Exactly how I feel, which is why the 15 for 3000 over dailies is much nicer than 10 for 3000 at once.

Did some pulls.

Anything salvageable out of this?

5*:
Bambi (Poison)
Beast
Auron
Mulan
Young Hercules
Auron

4*:
Pence
Selphie
Mulan
Tifa 2x
KH II Aerith

3*:
Goofy Ver A and Ver B
Mushu
KH Yuffie
KH II Cloud
KH II Sora Ver. B
Limit Form Sora
Wisdom Form Sora x2 (one has Attack Boost)
KH II King Mickey

5* Black Coat Riku (With poison skill)
5* Abu
4* Peter Pan
4* Auron
4* KH1 Riku (with poison skill)
4* Tinkerbell
4* Hayner
4* Tidus
3* Yuffie
3* Captain Goofy

Not a bad haul for my first 10x pull. Was hoping for more Blue units, it's the biggest hole in my box.

Kinsei

Banned
Did some pulls.

Anything salvageable out of this?

5*:
Bambi (Poison)
Beast
Auron
Mulan
Young Hercules
Auron

4*:
Pence
Selphie
Mulan
Tifa 2x
KH II Aerith

3*:
Goofy Ver A and Ver B
Mushu
KH Yuffie
KH II Cloud
KH II Sora Ver. B
Limit Form Sora
Wisdom Form Sora x2 (one has Attack Boost)
KH II King Mickey

Limit Form Sora and Bambi seem to be really good.

Kinsei

Banned
Can someone explain avatar boards?

You spend your coins on them to get permanent stat increases and the pieces of the outfit that belongs to that board. The ones that cost jewels also give you some good medals.

Bambi might be later game usage, he was my 5★ pull but I haven't needed the defense boost yet.

The defense boost is useful against enemies that deal a lot of damage that you can't possibly hope to take out in one turn (like invisibles, morning stars, and large armors).

Can someone explain avatar boards?

Think FFX's sphere grid. Spend avatar coins for stat buffs (Always constant across the board. So, I could spend coins on a female hairstyle, but I still get the HP buff playing as a male character). Good way to increase AP if you need to regain stamina quickly, and only way to increase HP I think.

Top Bottom