• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Question time!

1) Just got the Olympus Keyblade, was honestly surprised I got another one. How many more Keyblades are there? And which ones should I focus on? (The main elementals are all 10+ atm)

2) Mythril Shards; never thought I'd run out. Is clearing the third objective of the story missions the only way to get them?

3) The coliseum; I'm able to jump 18 spots if I clear a stage spending only 1 turn per enemy....I should still go back and do all of the battles I could skip over...Right?

Falk

that puzzling face
Unlock lasts another 23 hours.

Which, on the flipside means, don't do the $15 deal now. See if it applies to next week after that

Question time!

1) Just got the Olympus Keyblade, was honestly surprised I got another one. How many more Keyblades are there? And which ones should I focus on? (The main elementals are all 10+ atm)

2) Mythril Shards; never thought I'd run out. Is clearing the third objective of the story missions the only way to get them?

3) The coliseum; I'm able to jump 18 spots if I clear a stage spending only 1 turn per enemy....I should still go back and do all of the battles I could skip over...Right?

1) Olympia is it for now, although it only goes up to lv10 and you can't unlock the 5th medal. (Probably because the mats are from Hades) General consensus seems to be to get 2 keyblades to 5 medals, incl. the first, neutral one. Right now with only limited Orichalcum in the game you're limited to how many keyblades you can do. I believe all Keyblades will be able to go past their current launch level cap, not just Olympia.

2) Along with Orichalcum, Mythril Shards appear to be the progression limiter for upgrading keyblades. Again it means you need to pick and choose which ones to upgrade. It's a little confusing because Mythril Stones/Gems/Crystals are also in the game, but those are the true drop farms, that behave and are collected like normal drops.

3) The Coliseum is horrible XP for AP, and if you can skip, you totally should. If you beat say stage 18, the game credits you for everything up to stage 18 so you simply don't have to do them. It's a time saver. You don't permanently miss out anything on skipping, except maybe boredom.

Question time!

1. No more Keyblades available for now, it seems. (Edit: As for which you should focus, definitely keep your elementals upgraded- it seems like you've done a good job of that so far. Maybe get Starlight to 5 slots if you haven't, just so you've got a good all rounder.)

2. Not sure.

3. There's no benefit to going back, after you clear the stage they send you to, you'll get all of the rewards from the previous ones you skipped. It's pretty handy.

Almyn

http://imgur.com/7SxL2SC

I don't know wether I should do a 10 pull or buy one of the outfits, But these are my medals so far. I'm not putting any money into the game, Mostly because I can't with it not launching in Europe yet. So it will be a while before I build up the gems again.

I already done a couple of the daily 3 pulls. So I have a few 5 star medals.

Permanently A

I don't know wether I should do a 10 pull or buy one of the outfits, But these are my medals so far. I'm not putting any money into the game, Mostly because I can't with it not launching in Europe yet. So it will be a while before I build up the gems again.

I don't know if the outfits are expiring or what, but from a usefulness standpoint all you get it a few upgrades, Chip, Dale and Cid medals. As far as I can tell these are meant for 6* medals, so buy an outfit if you have a 6*, otherwise buy medals.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Currently saving up jewels to try for the medal roll. Hard to resist the 3 medal one even though I tried it thrice and missed a 5 star each time.

Fuck you Square Enix and your successful marketing ploy with a genuinely entertaining free to play video game.

Ryg64IC.jpg

Did some shopping. I had settled on ignoring this franchise entirely a long time ago (aside from playing through the first game around the time it came out).

Did the same thing lol. Been meaning to get for a while but this game really made me want to play all the games again.

I already done a couple of the daily 3 pulls. So I have a few 5 star medals.

I think you should try doing the daily pull every day for a few days more, at least until you get a few more solid medals/dupes to make your current ones more powerful. Between the login bonus and any jewels you get from missions, etc, you should be able to catch up again quickly after you decide the daily pull isn't needed anymore, after which you can afford some outfits. There's no guaranteed 5 star unless it's from the 10 pull obviously, but the drop rate isn't impossible low for dailies, and even if you don't get any it should be too bad evolving what you do get up to 5 star.

can you effectively farm jewels by continuously doing missions youve already done?
Prob not but i gotta know

I don't think so. :(

can you effectively farm jewels by continuously doing missions youve already done?
Prob not but i gotta know

You get 150 jewels for each 5 new missions you complete. I don't think you can go back to previous missions and get more jewels.

You do get 30 jewels for each Special and Event quest you complete for the first time. So each category gives you 90 jewels but I think that is a one time thing as well and when they roll back around the next week you don't have access to the 30 jewels.

Caim

Now that I'm done with story I'll probably go back and get any avatar coins I missed.

Also reached Tier 5 in the Coliseum but I'm gonna stop there for now because enemies 60+ are pretty rough at the moment.

1) Olympia is it for now, although it only goes up to lv10 and you can't unlock the 5th medal. (Probably because the mats are from Hades) General consensus seems to be to get 2 keyblades to 5 medals, incl. the first, neutral one. Right now with only limited Orichalcum in the game you're limited to how many keyblades you can do. I believe all Keyblades will be able to go past their current launch level cap, not just Olympia.

2) Along with Orichalcum, Mythril Shards appear to be the progression limiter for upgrading keyblades. Again it means you need to pick and choose which ones to upgrade. It's a little confusing because Mythril Stones/Gems/Crystals are also in the game, but those are the true drop farms, that behave and are collected like normal drops.

3) The Coliseum is horrible XP for AP, and if you can skip, you totally should. If you beat say stage 18, the game credits you for everything up to stage 18 so you simply don't have to do them. It's a time saver. You don't permanently miss out anything on skipping, except maybe boredom.

The first, neutral keyblade, huh? Alright, worth a shot.

Also, I did find a good use of the coliseum - If you don't want to waste 30 gems to refill your keyblade's bar, you can take that keyblade to a couple of weak missions here.

Another question - I beat the first Proud Quest: Speed mission, and cleared the three objectives (Though they were really just the two, since a repeat). What is the reward for the first objectives in the Proud Quests? Some sort of label or title card?

chrono01

any videogame where you just throw in random videogame characters because fuck it is ok in my book(Street Fighter)
imo more games should do that
Agreed. It's why I feel that it's best that we're not getting a native global app for the game, but instead an English language option for the Japanese release. No need for all of the "red-tape" when it comes to collaborations and needing to get certain licensing for our region.

Back to KHU, I'm getting close to my 3,000 jewels so I can do my first ten-pull. It's a good thing too, as the difficulty in the story content is beginning to rise...

if anyone is looking to join a Unicornis party let me know, plenty of space left.
---------

I'm not able to kill everything in 1 turn anymore :( feels bad man

also

Banned
I don't want to support the tyranny of Unicorns so I joined the Ursus faction. Is there a GAF party?

Atmej
Ursus

Kinsei

Banned
if anyone is looking to join a Unicornis party let me know, plenty of space left.
---------

I'm not able to kill everything in 1 turn anymore :( feels bad man

I know what you mean. It's those damn strength enemies since my only magic medals are the mickey from the tutorial (4 stars) Jiminy Cricket (1 star) Olette (1 star) and Jiminy Cricker (3 stars). I know I should be getting medals in the hopes of pulling a good magic one but the premium costumes are too alluring. By the end of the day I'll have all of the female ones.

I know what you mean. It's those damn strength enemies since my only magic medals are the mickey from the tutorial (4 stars) Jiminy Cricket (1 star) Olette (1 star) and Jiminy Cricker (3 stars). I know I should be getting medals in the hopes of pulling a good magic one but the premium costumes are too alluring. By the end of the day I'll have all of the female ones.

I know, it suuuucks. D:
Yeah, but I guess it is nice that the game eventually ramps up in difficulty and makes you use the boosts you get from using different keyblades, etc.
Is there a list for medals?

I have no idea if the 5* medals I have are good or not lol

I've got Bambi, Goofy and Mushu.

Name: Wazzy
ID: 356402
Sent you an invite :D

Thanks. I guess I shouldn't use it right now, since most of my high stat medals are magic.

Considering it only goes to +10 right now anyway, I'd definitely avoid pumping too many resources into it when you could get better gains off of the other Keyblades.

is there a way to tell which attacks are single targeting or multi-targeting? must have missed if there is..

When you examine the medal's details, in the special attack box there is a little icon. If it's just a little sun-looking thing, it's single target. If it's the sun thing with yellow parentheses on either side of it, it's multi-target.

Sorry for the awful descriptions...

Falk

that puzzling face
Wakka is OP for grinding levels.

Using the stage 57 method for grinding levels, which essentially means unlimited AP through a long, long time.

Lux is generated per hit, which means large bunches of enemies x multi-hit AOE x low damage = LOTS OF XP.

Meaning this guy:
MmOGpzNl.png

plus this stage:
AXn8q3fl.jpg

is an easy 1000+ XP per 3 stam (6 stam after April ends)
BrKMIfql.png

- Wakka MUST be 6*, MUST be lv1 and have NO Special Attack upgrades. The first makes his special attack do 8-hit AOE, and the latter two are to keep his damage down.
- Since Wakka is red he does even less damage to the AOE mobs in stage 57.
- Adding a second Wakka would probably make the earnings go up to ~1500/run
- Put some random high level green guy in the 3rd slot to finish off the boss. If you don't kill stuff in 1 turn you get far less Lux. (I'm using 6* Wakka, Less-baller-Wakka, Stitch on Olympia so I don't need to keep swapping medals around. Not using Olympia for anything else right now)

Additionally, while that's cool as a baseline, the actual cool level grinding is that:
- As far as we can tell, Raid Bosses spawn after a certain number of kills, the type determined by what stage crosses the threshold.
- Running stage 57 3 times after a raid boss guarantees a Guard Armor will spawn
- Running stage 57 2 times, and then virtually any other stage almost guarantees that stage's raid boss will spawn
- Raid boss gives an insane amount of XP.

Also, remember that like all gacha/stamina games, even though Unchained is far more lenient with its rates, AP refills are a finite resource. Some time into distant future at really high player levels this method may be too cumbersome to continue using. Therefore maximize AP usage, and try to level up with AP as close to zero as possible, after burning it on whatever you need (Dailies, etc). But of course, if you've played gacha/stamina games before, you already knew this.

tl;dr, if you manage to get a Wakka to drop during your Unchained escapades, you should prep him to eventually become a 6* lv1 with no Special Attack upgrades. Once you have that in place you're set for grinding levels after you're done with story content.

edit: Wakka can apparently be substituted with KH1 Riku for slightly less great results.

When you examine the medal's details, in the special attack box there is a little icon. If it's just a little sun-looking thing, it's single target. If it's the sun thing with yellow parentheses on either side of it, it's multi-target.

Sorry for the awful descriptions...

Look at the little image next to where it says special attack.

Ah, yeah that is kindda vague. Thanks for the info.

Falk

that puzzling face
If you're trying to get a certain medal, you might be better off keeping with daily pulls, which means 1000 jewels gets you 15 3-5*s, rather than 1 5* and 9 3-5*s

Which is 50% more medals for your jewels. Especially considering this game lets you upgrade everything to 6* anyway.

10-pull only makes sense for an immediate power increase early game, for things you can use immediately to help you progress.

Seil

Just started playing this. Picked the unicorn union, any chance I could get into a group despite just starting? IGN is Seil, ID: 484023

The tutorial was just long enough to start getting on my nerves with all the forced buttons/missions lol... Normally there's one or two missions and a boss, plus menu explanations. Was not expecting 6 forced missions before I got to actually explore the menus.

Any general tips for the early game would be appreciated. Probably gonna browse the thread a bit now.

Top Bottom