• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Falk

that puzzling face
They're pretty great, I don't have an objective measurement (I should get it) but the difference is significant, and they stack even.

I have Olette/Hayner/Pence in my team just because of it, and they'll remain useful regardless what other medals I pull. In fact, having a high dps lv100 6* like Black Cloak Riku unload with a double helping makes up for Olette/Hayner/Pence's tame damage.

This game's got its hooks in me well. I'm not too far in, and have probably spent far too much time farming Mythril this weekend (multihit FTW with those eggs). I can barely get myself to play summoners war, and i've got over a year invested in that one. Went Anguis since RL friends are with them as well, despite my attempt to let them know the power of the Unicornis.

My daughter plays on my tablet while I play on my phone. Being together, even if we can't grind together, has been a joy. I was having issues with munny, but since i started doing the Mythril runs, it's going great. Even if AP in quests wasn't halved, I could see this being a near perfect curve for F2P. Having multiple keyblades with disparate loadouts has already proven to be great for farming.

I've not played too much for a couple days, have bought 2 daily packs (Hooray for 5* Speed KHII Aerith!) and still have over 1200 jewels. Thinking of saving them until I hit a wall, since apparently there were some great deals in the Japanese version. Also planning to kick some money towards the developers, since we are both having so much fun.

Anyway, just thought I'd share and say I'm grateful there's an active community here on GAF I can lurk and learn from. If I learn anything, I'll share here. Thank you all for the discussion and insight!

Cybaster

For the cheapasses like me who are content with free medals but still want to maximize damage with least amount medal used, check this image on how to get a 6* +5. Inventory upgrade is necessary to plan for a week ahead.

6ZeY7wT.png

Basically you want 2 of 4* +2 medal which you will upgrade to 6* +2 and fuse them together to get a 6* +5.

List of free droppable 6* medal you can get:

Speed
- Stitch (2 SP) [Single] Deal 15 hits. Inflict more damage the more special attacks used in succession
- KH Sora Ver. A (2 SP) [AoE] Deal 5 moderately powerful hits
- Tidus (1 SP) [AoE]
- Rikku (3 SP) [AoE]
- Hayner (2 SP) [Single] Raises strength by 1 tier for 2 attacks.

Magic
- Jiminy Cricket (2 SP) [Single] Recovers HP before attacking
- Donald Ver. A (2 SP) [AoE]
- Selphie (1 SP) [AoE]
- Yuna (3 SP) [AoE]
- Olette (2 SP) [Single] Raises strength by 1 tier for 2 attacks.

Power
- Young Hercules (2 SP) [AoE] Deal X hits. Deal more damage the more turns have passed.
- Goofy Ver. A (2 SP) [AoE]
- Wakka (1 SP) [AoE] Deal 8 slightly powerful hits.
- Paine (3 SP) [AoE] Deal 4 extremely powerful hits.
- Pence (2 SP) [Single] Raises strength by 1 tier for 2 attacks.

RalchAC

This game's got its hooks in me well. I'm not too far in, and have probably spent far too much time farming Mythril this weekend (multihit FTW with those eggs). I can barely get myself to play summoners war, and i've got over a year invested in that one. Went Anguis since RL friends are with them as well, despite my attempt to let them know the power of the Unicornis.

My daughter plays on my tablet while I play on my phone. Being together, even if we can't grind together, has been a joy. I was having issues with munny, but since i started doing the Mythril runs, it's going great. Even if AP in quests wasn't halved, I could see this being a near perfect curve for F2P. Having multiple keyblades with disparate loadouts has already proven to be great for farming.

I've not played too much for a couple days, have bought 2 daily packs (Hooray for 5* Speed KHII Aerith!) and still have over 1200 jewels. Thinking of saving them until I hit a wall, since apparently there were some great deals in the Japanese version. Also planning to kick some money towards the developers, since we are both having so much fun.

Anyway, just thought I'd share and say I'm grateful there's an active community here on GAF I can lurk and learn from. If I learn anything, I'll share here. Thank you all for the discussion and insight!

It must be great playing like that with your daughter. You know what's next, right? There are some fancy HD Collections that you could buy, just saying.

For the cheapasses like me who are content with free medals but still want to maximize damage with least amount medal used, check this image on how to get a 6* +5.

6ZeY7wT.png

Basically you want 2 of 4* +2 medal which you will upgrade to 6* +2 and fuse them together to get a 6* +5.

List of free 6* medal you can get:

Speed
- Stitch (2 SP) - Deal 15 hits. Inflict more damage the more special attacks used in succession
- KH Sora Ver. A (2 SP) aoe - Deal 5 moderately powerful hits
- Tidus (1 SP) aoe
- Rikku (3 SP) aoe
- Hayner (2 SP) - Raises strength by X tier for X attacks

Magic
- Selphie (1 SP) aoe
- Donald Ver. A (2 SP) aoe
- Yuna (3 SP) aoe
- Jiminy Cricket (2 SP) - Recovers HP before attacking
- Olette (2 SP) - Raises strength by X tier for X attacks

Power
- Young Hercules (2 SP) aoe - Deal X hits. Deal more damage the more turns have passed.
- Goofy Ver. A (2 SP) aoe
- Wakka (1 SP) aoe
- Paine (3 SP) aoe
- Pence (2 SP) - Raises strength by X tier for X attacks

So there is a free Riku? Nice!

Thanks for the effort.

Does somebody know if there is any event in Japan that allows to level up Premium Units special attacks without pulling? Feels a bit painful

Falk

that puzzling face
For the cheapasses like me who are content with free medals but still want to maximize damage with least amount medal used, check this image on how to get a 6* +5. Inventory upgrade is necessary to plan for a week ahead.

6ZeY7wT.png

List of free droppable 6* medal you can get:

Speed
- Stitch (2 SP) - Deal 15 hits. Inflict more damage the more special attacks used in succession
- KH Sora Ver. A (2 SP) aoe - Deal 5 moderately powerful hits
- Tidus (1 SP) aoe
- Rikku (3 SP) aoe
- Hayner (2 SP) - Raises strength by X tier for X attacks

Magic
- Jiminy Cricket (2 SP) - Recovers HP before attacking
- Donald Ver. A (2 SP) aoe
- Selphie (1 SP) aoe
- Yuna (3 SP) aoe
- Olette (2 SP) - Raises strength by X tier for X attacks

Power
- Young Hercules (2 SP) aoe - Deal X hits. Deal more damage the more turns have passed.
- Goofy Ver. A (2 SP) aoe
- Wakka (1 SP) aoe
- Paine (3 SP) aoe
- Pence (2 SP) - Raises strength by X tier for X attacks

Thank you. Was experimenting with this and was JUST about to post my findings - Made two 4*SA2 Olettes into a maxed out sans guilt 6*SA5 Olette and it was so much cheaper.

p.s. Even if they're common/lower-tier, 6*SA5 from the sheer fact of being farmable is pretty sweet.

edit:
So there is a free Riku? Nice!

Rikku, not Riku.

It must be great playing like that with your daughter. You know what's next, right? There are some fancy HD Collections that you could buy, just saying.

It really is a pleasure being able to curl up with her and discuss meta and best practices of gacha and F2P. I am so grateful, words can't do it justice.

On that second note, before I even posted I had been looking up 1.5 Remix and thinking of bringing the PS3 down from storage earlier just to hook that up and play with her. No GameStop within 100 miles has it in stock... Best Buy, on the other hand, will likely be getting a visit in 3-4 hours. :)

Edit - Oooh - got a second Stitch going back to complete a stage. Just got to get him to 3 and feed to his brother. It's also very nice that you can skill up a 3*, then 4* then feed the skilled one to a 5* and keep the dots. It makes me have less analysis paralysis about who to level up.

Another QoL thing that happened was that I started a Mythril run, went over to Ascension, which closed KHUx. When I restarted KHUx, from scratch, after logging in, it put me back in the stage where I was. No lost AP, right back where I was. I have been hoping for that kind of functionality for a LONG time from a game.

eefara

I'm pretty sure there is a gaf fox party, for those interested. I'll see if I can find the post advertising it later, am on mobile. And the Anguis party still has room, if anyone's interested!

NateDog

I don't suppose anyone has uploaded all the scenes to Youtube or anything yet, have they? I'm not even properly sure if it's the type of thing where you can exactly say "this is the end" in this game, but I just don't have the time to play it.

RalchAC

Okay, so I've finally upgraded my box to 100. I don't think I will upgrade it further in the short term. Maybe it wasn't the most recommended thing to do, but I really wanted the extra box space.

Now I will start hoarding gems and wait until some time-limited stuff starts showing.

I remember when Rikku showed up in KH2 all those years ago and thinking "This is going to confuse someone some day"

Thanks to this game that day has finally come

Hahaha. I was hyped for a second...

I don't suppose anyone has uploaded all the scenes to Youtube or anything yet, have they? I'm not even properly sure if it's the type of thing where you can exactly say "this is the end" in this game, but I just don't have the time to play it.

The problem with the scenes is that the pacing is really, really slow. Most cutscenes aren't really worth watching, since they just provide an excuse to go to a different world to defeat some heartless.

In any case, the game is done for short bursts. There is a stamina bar, but it's almost as it didn't exist. You could download it and do 1-2 levels whenever you feel like it without worrying much, really. A stage can take like 2 minutes and after you boot up the game the loading screens are really, really short.

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't see how I'm going to survive without 300 box space. I mean super long term, with hoarding tendencies and limited-time medals, I'm going to run out of space anyway. Might as well do it sooner rather than later*, and make inventory management less of a nightmare, especially with all the planning along the lines of 6*SA5 farm units.

*sooner, but not sooner than getting all the costumes D:

Currently at 100, going to go up to 125.

Almyn

Anyone know of an area that drops 2 star evolve medals? Or am I going to have to wait until Friday :/ I stupidly sold about 7 of them to make some room. Of course now I start to need them.

Cybaster

Anyone know of an area that drops 2 star evolve medals? Or am I going to have to wait until Friday :/ I stupidly sold about 7 of them to make some room. Of course now I start to need them.

If you are in a party, lower level raid boss drops them. Not sure how low.

Falk

that puzzling face
You used to be able to run around a little bit more after beating a stage's boss.

Now it just fades to white with no control.

This game became shit, uninstalling :mad:

Quonny

You used to be able to run around a little bit more after beating a stage's boss.

Now it just fades to white with no control.

This game became shit, uninstalling :mad:

Come play some English Granblue tonight. :^)

Still getting a feel for this game. Quite like a lot about it, but the gameplay isn't grabbing me yet. Maybe when I get to some harder stages will I not just be mindlessly spamming medals. Still, not nearly as bad as Dragon Blaze, woof.

Falk

that puzzling face

Love to, really can't juggle another gacha, and especially not starting phases so close to each other.

I'm also kinda obliged to gravitate towards FF and KH, anyway so the decisions made for me, heh.

Jarekx

if anyone is looking to join a Unicornis party let me know, plenty of space left.
---------

I'm not able to kill everything in 1 turn anymore :( feels bad man

I'll join up if you still have space

ID: 21120

Just doing the 3 pull for 5 days and counting that as my 3k pull. Got 2 fives so far, as well as a 4 star Cloud. I can't get away from him.

Visceir

Daily pulls were 5* KH Sora. Ver A, 4* Mushu and 3* KH II Black Coat Riku.

It's neat that I got another Riku. I'm still slightly confused about all the fusing. How much would it boost Riku's damage if I fused together two 5* Rikus? Might I be better off just using them separately since they're pretty much the strongest medals I have? Would the damage boost be higher if I fused together two 6* Rikus?

Falk

that puzzling face
You're right on the money - unless you get better medals you're better off with two black coat rikus.

More than 2 would be a bad idea though, since you do need some AOE and his special is single target.

Fusing increases potency of the special ability - it's the pips you see on the special ability panel on units starting at 3*.

Visceir

You're right on the money - unless you get better medals you're better off with two black coat rikus.

More than 2 would be a bad idea though, since you do need some AOE and his special is single target.

Fusing increases potency of the special ability - it's the pips you see on the special ability panel on units starting at 3*.

By how much does it increase it thoough? How big of a damage boost would I gain from a single fuse?

Looking for an invite to Unicornis Army. (THis is GAF group right?)

I see one open slot.

ID: 237670
Name: Euphoria
Joined Unicornis

Not sure if it matters, but I'm a lowly level 31 with ~18,000 attack. I play a lot.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Still getting a feel for this game. Quite like a lot about it, but the gameplay isn't grabbing me yet. Maybe when I get to some harder stages will I not just be mindlessly spamming medals. Still, not nearly as bad as Dragon Blaze, woof.

If you are playing these games for the gameplay, might as well quit now. That's not really the point. The game play will always be pretty terrible.

SeZMehK

Still looking for a gaf party invite.

Sezmehk
Unicorn

I requested an invite from neogaf #1. Is the leader not available?

Thanks!

eefara

Still looking for a gaf party invite.

Sezmehk
Unicorn

I requested an invite from neogaf #1. Is the leader not available?

Thanks!

That party's full, I believe. You'll need to look through the last 10 pages or so on the thread to find the newest unicorn party.

Katori

Is there any way to know what medals are rare? I want to fuse some to cut down on my inventory...

I like this game a lot.

Spiked

Neo Member
Whelp I think I'm officially in burn all AP and wait for full recharge mode now... I 3 mickey'd all the levels (except the 140 event ones) and am now waiting for new content while slowly getting slightly stronger. I can get 2 6 star medals on a keyblade but no more than that because of the cost limit so I'm not super eager to just grind when I can't even evolve my medals. I'll probably just try and hoard lots of munny.

creid

Also, are all the medals on that tier list posted yesterday available now, such as Pooh & Piglet? Thanks!
There are a lot of things on that tier list that I haven't seen in anyone's pulls, so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them weren't in the English game yet.

Didn't look into this much I love KH and so far this game is awesome.

I just did the 3 medals for 600 and got 5 star Donald, 5 star Goofy and a 4 star Hayner

Top Bottom