• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

4* to 5* requires two types of medals, two yen sids and two fairy medals that differ based on the type of the medal. You can get the yen sids from today's Evolve Medals event, but you'll have to wait for Tuesday to get the Power fairy medals.

Thanks. Not my first gacha rodeo, so I figured there was some set schedule to some of these.

Rayis

I've been playng this game nonstop and is hella addictive, how do hell do people level up so fast? I know people who are less farther along than me in the story quests yet they're like 10 levels ahead of me.

botty

Banned
In my opinion there's barely any story at all in the 200 levels currently... it's just helping kill heartless in a couple of the worlds and a slight hint that things may happen.

I think at like 90 the story starts being introduced, but I'm on 146 right now and we're still looking for Aladdin's thief or Abu or whatever it is.

Yeah basically there's no story.

Ahh... The game is filler. I thought that much

Permanently A

I've been playng this game nonstop and is hella addictive, how do hell do people level up so fast? I know people who are less farther along than me in the story quests yet they're like 10 levels ahead of me.

Raids give really meaty XP, maybe they're in a big party?

Kitoro

I wish they at least went for stylized art for the characters, rather than the plain PS2 quality 3D sprite pictures; there was so much potential in how awesome these medals could have looked.

creid

Anyone know if you can play the game alternating on two devices without doing anything fancy? Say I connect my phone account to Facebook, and then "migrate" to my tablet. After doing that, could I play mission 10 on my phone, then 11 on my tablet, then 12 on my phone again?

Caim

I wish they at least went for stylized art for the characters, rather than the plain PS2 quality 3D sprite pictures; there was so much potential in how awesome these medals could have looked.

Some of the rarer medals will have the 2D art instead of the what we usually get and they'll be voiced when you use their special attack.

Kitoro

Some of the rarer medals will have the 2D art instead of the what we usually get and they'll be voiced when you use their special attack.

That's awesome! Any idea how long it'll be until we see some of those hit, relative to how long it took for them to hit the JP version?

Luigi87

When I pulled Beast I didn't think much of it, until I finally clued in that he will kill any Prize Egg in a single hit due to set damage... I wasted a few days not knowing this D=

Caim

That's awesome! Any idea how long it'll be until we see some of those hit, relative to how long it took for them to hit the JP version?

Unfortunately I have no clue since I barely played the JP version. :\ Was trying to look for an event list to see the order of release but I've had no luck so far.

Permanently A

Anyone know if you can play the game alternating on two devices without doing anything fancy? Say I connect my phone account to Facebook, and then "migrate" to my tablet. After doing that, could I play mission 10 on my phone, then 11 on my tablet, then 12 on my phone again?

Yes its very smooth to switch between the two.

Well I'm on mission 150 right now and nothing of note has happened besides Chirithy mentioning the prophecy and the five forebearers. That's it. Maybe it gets good later, but so far the story has been pretty uneventful.

Quonny

I saw some article that in Japan they are ending the service for this game in September is this true? And why?
Game launched in September for phones.

It's performing fairly poorly in Japan, but the west has a big audience for Kingdom Hearts so not sure if it matters too much.

Razmos

Well that's a handy skill combination
6LmfK9l.jpg

RalchAC

Some personal achievements I made today.

- Upgraded my Starlight to 20.
- Finished the level 45 event quests (Felt good finally being able to finish those).
- Opened the Coloseum and reached Tier 3.

Some buddies started to farm raid bosses, so I grabbed some 2* and 3* evolving mats that should be useful in next week intensive yellow dotting.

Really? How much does one cost?

A 6* medal costs 46 points. But it can be reduced a bit (10 points I think) using Cid medals.

It's performing fairly poorly in Japan, but the west has a big audience for Kingdom Hearts so not sure if it matters too much.

Really? I thought it would do well enough, at least. Hopefully the West can help make the game more profitable! I've been having a great time so far.

Maybe they've decided to close the browser service to focus on this game and (hopefully) bring some browser players to Unchained. Wonder if they will do any kind of campaign to help players that want to move from one game to the other.

Visceir

There's no way to open up the daily events any other way than just doing in app purchases? Seems like a flawed way to go about this, just let me spend 100 jewels to open up the event I need or something.

I'd be hesitant to spend all too much time or money on a gacha mobile game that does poorly in japan. Usually japan is the place where most of the money is made.

Ken

Is it possible to be locked out of filling all the skill dots if you start fusing late?

I thought I read somewhere that every tier has a fuse cap.

Is it possible to be locked out of filling all the skill dots if you start fusing late?

You will always be able to fill in those dots, but the longer you wait to do it, the harder it becomes. Their is a fuse cap, as a 3* character can only be upgraded once. Thus, it is a waste to fuse three copies of a 3* medal into each other. You would want to fuse two of them to max them out, then upgrade the result to 4* to unlock another skill dot.

Permanently A

I don't think you can be locked out, it just gets harder. For example if you have a 5* it has 3 empty dots, and you need to feed 3 5* to fill those dots.

Alternatively you can do:
  1. 3* + 3* = 3*1dot
  2. then evolve to 4*1dot
  3. 4*1dot + 4* = 4*2dot
  4. evolve to 5*2dot
  5. 5*2dot + 5* = 5*3dot

Ken

Hm ok. I guess I can keep my current 4* and 5* and use them as eventual fodder, and the only thing I lose is the EXP medals which doesn't seem like a big deal.

I just wasted 100 (?) gems on accident trying to speed jump into a raid boss, I didn't realize they took AP and I was out and I clicked on the first "yes" box that was really for a refill.

Lesson learned, I suppose.

B-Dex

I just wasted 100 (?) gems on accident trying to speed jump into a raid boss, I didn't realize they took AP and I was out and I clicked on the first "yes" box that was really for a refill.

Lesson learned, I suppose.

How have you run out of AP? Everything is half-cost and you level quickly so it's always getting refilled.

Pangya

I don't think you can be locked out, it just gets harder. For example if you have a 5* it has 3 empty dots, and you need to feed 3 5* to fill those dots.

Alternatively you can do:
  1. 3* + 3* = 3*1dot
  2. then evolve to 4*1dot
  3. 4*1dot + 4* = 4*2dot
  4. evolve to 5*2dot
  5. 5*2dot + 5* = 5*3dot

You can also feed a 5* (2 dot) to a 5* (0 dot) to end up with a 5* (3 dot) in the event you already have a maxed level 5* (0 dot).

Afrocious

The amount of menus in this game kinda kill my enthusiasm to play.

The beginning stuff with the tutorial was fine, but perhaps it should've went longer because I don't know how to get the most out of the game at all.

Permanently A

So I have two of this guy both at 3* level one but I don't see the option to fuse them or anything. What am I missing here?

Level up and feed one 3* into the other. You'll notice that small empty dot becomes filled with a yellow one if you're doing it right.

The amount of menus in this game kinda kill my enthusiasm to play.

The beginning stuff with the tutorial was fine, but perhaps it should've went longer because I don't know how to get the most out of the game at all.

anyone found a beginners faq or can give some basic tips? like what medals are best for leveling, which to sell, which are useless etc

There is an extensive help section in Menu > Other > Help.

If you merge a medal with one that has an ability like poison or paralysis does that carry over to the new medal you merged it with or does it go away.

Ken

Is Olympia Keyblade good? I haven't gotten it yet so I'm wondering if I should just max Treasure Trove or wait.

Already have max starlight.

Level up and feed one 3* into the other. You'll notice that small empty dot becomes filled with a yellow one if you're doing it right.

There is an extensive help section in Menu > Other > Help.

When I go to feed one into the other as I level up its the option to feed one into the other is greyed out.

Top Bottom