• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Game is crazy lenient with not needing IAP, especially with half AP (stamina) costs for the first month. You should be fine, I've basically spent nothing.

(I did technically buy some jewels to replace what I lost accidentally clicking the revive prompt...)

How very "un-mobile-like". Not sure why anyone would feel compelled to sink money into the game in that case.

IGN Akiva? Invite sent, should appear in your party menu.

Got it, thanks.

Ilvocare

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT

...alright.

So, here's the breakdown.

-Started to play this on NA launch.
-Picked Leopardos because out of all the animals I hate that were choosable, cats are my least hated.
-Currently on quest 68.
-The game crashes every single fucking time I start a quest.
-Got a 4* Black Coat Riku and leveled a Stitch from scratch. He's 3* now. Daily pulled 3 times so far.
-ehhhhhhhhh I guess I've got enough high-level medals to fill out my decks? Trying to level Rikku for Lady Luck but Mickey so far just does better fucking work than her.
-I've been going through the Avatar boards sequentially, filling out pieces for both genders.
-Ah yes, I decided to play a gacha game after playing two other ones because I have a fucking problem.

How fucked am I?

How very "un-mobile-like". Not sure why anyone would feel compelled to sink money into the game in that case.

There's still reason to. For instance, they've got a deal where you can you get 3000 jewels (enough for a 10 medal pull) and simultaneously unlock all the daily missions for the entire week, which is pretty crazy. I'm just waiting for the dailies to come naturally for now, which helps me pace myself, but the option is certainly there. The gacha can be addictive too and that's always motivation for some to pay.

I'd say the biggest thing that makes it so easy to not have to pay (aside from the halved AP event) is that any battle medal you get can be upgraded to 6* with some effort, even the common drops- and some of those common ones can even end up pretty decent. Just doing some pulls every once in a while with the jewels you get for free should hopefully give you a solid foundation that you can build on without paying at all (the 600 jewel daily deal is my recommendation, it's pretty jewel efficient compared to the 3000 pull and the drop rate for 5* medals isn't terrible).

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT

...alright.

So, here's the breakdown.

-Started to play this on NA launch.
-Picked Leopardos because out of all the animals I hate that were choosable, cats are my least hated.
-Currently on quest 68.
-The game crashes every single fucking time I start a quest.
-Got a 4* Black Coat Riku and leveled a Stitch from scratch. He's 3* now. Daily pulled 3 times so far.
-ehhhhhhhhh I guess I've got enough high-level medals to fill out my decks? Trying to level Rikku for Lady Luck but Mickey so far just does better fucking work than her.
-I've been going through the Avatar boards sequentially, filling out pieces for both genders.
-Ah yes, I decided to play a gacha game after playing two other ones because I have a fucking problem.

How fucked am I?
that's impressive if you got to quest 68 if it crashes every time you try to start a quest

Caim

Finally...

tpdW8aq.jpg

Just need to replace the Defense Boost with Attack Boost now.

Boogiepop

So I finished the 200 story mode quests, now I guess I'm just going back to fill in the challenges. To confirm, do the "clear everything in 1 turn" indeed mean that you need to fight everything on the map and clear them in 1 turn? Thought it just meant clear all the battles you do in 1 turn so I could just rush the boss of the stage, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

Makes the "secret boss" things like Morningstar extra mean, then...

Oh, and good lord they made Mondays suck for the daily specials. Just Olympia upgrade materials? So you need to be at a certain point in the story to get ANY real use out of that, and even then that can't currently be fully leveled anyway, and the other days all have multiple things. Could've at least made the low star evolving medals Friday AND Monday, but nope. Wonder if that's meant to be an extra push towards the full week unlock, since doing so now is "ideal" (not that I'm going to use money on that myself).

Falk

that puzzling face
Finally...

Just need to replace the Defense Boost with Attack Boost now.

How much guilt per additional 6*?

So I finished the 200 story mode quests, now I guess I'm just going back to fill in the challenges. To confirm, do the "clear everything in 1 turn" indeed mean that you need to fight everything on the map and clear them in 1 turn? Thought it just meant clear all the battles you do in 1 turn so I could just rush the boss of the stage, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

Oh, and good lord they made Mondays suck for the daily specials. Just Olympia upgrade materials? So you need to be at a certain point in the story to get ANY real use out of that, and even then that can't currently be fully leveled anyway, and the other days all have multiple things. Could've at least made the low star evolving medals Friday AND Monday, but nope. Wonder if that's meant to be an extra push towards the full week unlock, since doing so now is "ideal" (not that I'm going to use money on that myself).

Yup, everything. And indeed Morningstars become DPS checks.

Rootbeer

Banned
Vulpes won!?!?!? but everyone here said unicorns :( Time to switch or is it too soon?

Where do you get the skill medals?

Yeah I'm starting to get the hang of how you upgrade stuff but this part I don't get yet.

How do you add skills to medals? any other tips and tricks regarding it?

Caim

How much guilt per additional 6*?

Yup, everything. And indeed Morningstars become DPS checks.

Not sure but as soon as I maxed it out I got a roulette thing and it landed on a random number. I haven't tried fusing anything into since then. Stitch has low Guilt so he should cap out at 25 percent.

EDIT: If you fuse again you get the same roulette but if it lands on a lower number it won't take effect which is good.

Falk

that puzzling face
Not sure but as soon as I maxed it out I got a roulette thing and it landed on a random number. I haven't tried fusing anything into since then. Stitch has low Guilt so he should cap out at 25 percent.

EDIT: If you fuse again you get the same roulette but if it lands on a lower number it won't take effect which is good.

Wait wait wait that's... really dumb. I thought they'd keep stacking up to max guilt.

Instead, here comes the RNG, lol

Malyse

Wait wait wait that's... really dumb. I thought they'd keep stacking up to max guilt.

Instead, here comes the RNG, lol

It's not actually completely random. Some medals will get high guilt always and some will get low guilt always.

------

In any case, some advice for jewel and stuff:

First off, buy outfits. You will need the extra cost for 6* medals, which are 46 cost each. The jewel outfits all have single coin nodes and are very useful in getting more cost. I would suggest not going further than unlocking the outfit to save space in your storage.

You'll need a lot of cost when you have 6* medals. To put it in perspective, each 6* has 46 cost, meaning that a fully unlocked keyblade would need 230 cost to equip five 6* medals. If you use 50 Cid medals, you can drop the cost of each by 10 and will only need 180 cost. And that's before we get to the price of levelling those 6*.

Don't max out outfits you don't have to, but don't forget to unlock both genders. You don't have to equip anything to get the bonuses, but bonuses for male and female carry over.

Sell any 1* and 2* you don't plan to evolve to 6*. Sell ALL your moogles. You'll need lots of munny later on, so I'd start saving. Messing with levelling and skills gets expensive super quick. I've built up a nest egg of 2 million munny for that specific reason.

Any 3* or higher should be fed into an identical medal (and I mean completely identical, not feed your 3* in to your 4*). That's what people are talking bout when they refer to the bubbles and guilt. People tend to make a big fuss about it, but you don't really need to worry about it; eventually you'll get Mickey and Broom medals to allow you to easily upgrade your special attack.

Don't upgrade your storage unless you really really have to. I never did (on purpose, I did it twice accidentally) on the first 365 missions in the Japanese version and I haven't at all in the first 200 this go round.

You can and will get 5* in the daily deal; IMO it's only worth doing the 10 pull once to help start you out.

We have more stuff down the road, including two (actually three LOL) more Keyblades.

Skill medals are in the coliseum

RalchAC

Everybody jumping from the Unicorn ship... Smh.

Will wait and see. If the high level people from my party leave I guess I will do it too.

But we should stay strong and keep playing to win next week. Believe in the power of GAF!

MicH

I'm staying in Unicorn. I like the little community we have going in the KingdomGAF party.

Decided to pony up the $15 and unlock all the dailies. Just got my first 6* and working on leveling up and evolving a lot more :D

SeZMehK

I'm staying in Unicorn. I like the little community we have going in the KingdomGAF party.

Decided to pony up the $15 and unlock all the dailies. Just got my first 6* and working on leveling up and evolving a lot more :D
Any space in the group? Lol

What niche does the Olympia keyblade fill? We have Starlight for neutral use and the other three for the specific attibutes, what makes Olympia worth the Orichalcum?

Ilvocare

that's impressive if you got to quest 68 if it crashes every time you try to start a quest

I also include non-story quests when I said EVERY quest. Really, raid bosses are the only thing to not crash on me. Anyone know why my phone is being a pissy little bitch about Unchained X???

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Finally...

for some reason i hadnt pulled any useful Power units yet - todays daily pull changed that.

Edit:

Also Unicorn for life...lol. Aint jumping ship anytime soon.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So is it better to do a 600 for 3 Medal pull or 2 guaranteed 3 to 5 medal pulls?

600 for 3 pulls is the best value imo, out of any of the other options. People shouldn't get too caught up in getting 5* pulls. The character you actually receive is more important than the stars. It's pretty easy to level and evolve a medal up.

eefara

I decided to go ahead and buy the 3000 jewel pack; I'll be playing this for a while, and I don't mind supporting the developers a little.

Pejo

Well that was unexpected. I joined Vulpis just because Wolves are cooler than Unicorns, and we ended up getting first on the week. Score! Also got 4 peeps in my party now, and I didn't even realize you got rewards for that.

I'm really enjoying this game more than I expected to. Just started on Friday and already have all 5 slots unlocked on the Starlight keyblade. Leveling medals seems to take a while once you hit 5* and above, but I only hit a level every 5 or so that contains an enemy I can't take down in one round. I just keep moving on and I'll come back when I'm powered up.

Are you guys leveling all your keyblades at the same time, or focusing on one or two? With all slots on Starlight unlocked, I feel like I'm Pretty good on Blue/Green, so I'll probably try to open 5 slots on Treasure Trove next for the red medals.

Also, what are your opinions on Multi-hit single target vs. multi-hit multi-target vs. single hit multi target as skills? I know the multi hitters are better for Lux gain and taking down those egg guys that you can only hit for 1 dmg, but I have a few single hit medals that hit like a truck.

Boogiepop

Btw, does the Japanese version offer any idea as to how often we should expect the story missions to update, and how big of a chunk that should come in with each one?

alittlelove

Neo Member
If I activate two Aeriths in a row, does the effect stack (and is there ever a reason to do it)? Wondering if I should just feed for the multiplier increase.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
... You know, that's a pretty big difference between scores, they won by a landslide. Maybe I really should just change factions now.

Vulpes is my least favourite though D:

You should change to Vulpes now, and when a different faction wins next week, you should switch to that one!

Skulldead

I think that faction rank is bullshit, they should just put rank on each faction, not each faction vs each other, this make absolute no sense... everybody will migrate for a free stuff, which make the situation even more stupid...

Almost threw my phone after the rankings. These fucks get a parade too?

Then I realized it was top 5. How is it possible to make so much lux in less than a week?

Top Bottom