• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

RalchAC

I have no idea how to look for players or guilds. I can join partys but it doesn't give me a search option.

Better tell your ID here and hope somebody reads it. I think there isn't any search function. When I pressed "Search" it just refresehed the list of guilds with some new ones.

Or you could scroll down and hope some GAF guild with empty spots shows up.

DigtialT

f5xqOn9.jpg

TheAznOne

If any GAF party has an open spot in Unicornis, send me an invite. Not an hardcore player but this game will def take majority of my free time to play this.

ID: 519746

chrono01

So I'm debating chopping off the horn of Unicornis, making some money off of its magical power, and switching to Vulpes. Are there any GAF groups over there that still have party slots available?

Falk

that puzzling face
I think a hilarious but potential outcome is this

- All the fotm people transfer over to Vulpeus
- Suddenly there's like 3x the number of players on Vulpeus
- Actually becomes harder to rank on 1st place Union compared to 2nd or 3rd place due to the number of players, many of which are tryhards

I was joking, but looking at the last few pages, this is actually going to happen.

Grats at bandwagoning without understanding how/why the rankings work. :V

MicH

Oooh! I just pulled Limit Form Sora from the daily 3-pull. Awesome!

I have a ridiculous amount of different Sora now. Limit Form Sora, KH Ver. A Sora, KH II Ver A Sora, KH Ver. B Sora, KH II Ver. B Sora, Wisdom Form Sora. Seriously wtf

Joqu

Hmm, okay so I'm at quest 110 and I've been feeling underpowered for the last 20 quests now. It's not just that I can't hit the first objective the majority of the time, I'm dying waaay more and not doing a whole lot of damage. Normal at this point or am I screwing this up somehow?

I mean I can still beat these things if I rush to the end but I bought the 3000 gems pack and I used it to get plenty of 4* and 5* medals and I've been grinding the special quests to level and evolve them, but it's not making much of a difference.

It's just sort of frustrating, I'm not seeing a way to improve things and I imagine it's only going to get tougher. And it's not like I'm experiencing a shortage of AP and throwing money at it didn't do much for me either, so I'm not really seeing how this is beneficial to the game in any way? Am I just bad somehow? It's all been very easy to grasp so I'm under the impression it's not that.

I do feel like I screwed up by putting orichalcum in Starlight, I wasn't aware there wasn't enough in the game for all the keyblades and the three elemental ones seem to be superior in most situations.

Wazzy

Banned
Edit: Ahh just got a response. Alright I'll be heading over to Vulpes then! Thank you for party Blood Diamonds and gl to you guys! :)
I was joking, but looking at the last few pages, this is actually going to happen.

Grats at bandwagoning without understanding how/why the rankings work. :V

I just want an excuse to be on Vulpes and this was it! Rankings don't actually matter much to me.

But anyway I haven't gotten any confirmation on a party so I'll probs just stay Unicorn.

Hmm, okay so I'm at quest 110 and I've been feeling underpowered for the last 20 quests now. It's not just that I can't hit the first objective the majority of the time, I'm dying waaay more and not doing a whole lot of damage. Normal at this point or am I screwing this up somehow?

I mean I can still beat these things if I rush to the end but I bought the 3000 gems pack and I used it to get plenty of 4* and 5* medals and I've been grinding the special quests to level and evolve them, but it's not making much of a difference.

It's just sort of frustrating, I'm not seeing a way to improve things and I imagine it's only going to get tougher. And it's not like I'm experiencing a shortage of AP and throwing money at it didn't do much for me either, so I'm not really seeing how this is beneficial to the game in any way? Am I just bad somehow? It's all been very easy to grasp so I'm under the impression it's not that.

I do feel like I screwed up by putting orichalcum in Starlight, I wasn't aware there wasn't enough in the game for all the keyblades and the three elemental ones seem to be superior in most situations.

Nah, I felt there was a difficulty spike too. As far as objectives go, you're 100% not meant to be clearing a number of them on your first go as the game goes on, and I suffered a fair number of deaths too. Definitely start to focus more on your elemental keyblades, it got quite a bit better for me once I realized that they're oftentimes more optimal than Starlight.

Seil

Still a ton of space in our Vulpes party if there's any stray foxes out there, just leave your ID here or send a PM my way.

Bought the 3000 gem pack earlier, which is kind of overwhelming in regards to the dailies.

"I should progress the story"
"But I want to work on some 6*s! I already have the base medals!"

Kitoro

Will there ever be a point in the future where boss battles consist of a bunch of moderately high HP enemies at once, rather than just one boss with a ton of HP and a bunch of low HP lackeys?

I ask because my set-up currently has two Single Target DPS and three AoE DPS, and the third AoE always seems like overkill, because all the other enemies but the boss has already been obliterated by the second AoE attack.

I'm wondering if it's just better that I kick one of them to the curb and look for another Single Target DPS.

Joqu

Nah, I felt there was a difficulty spike too. As far as objectives go, you're 100% not meant to be clearing a number of them on your first go as the game goes on, and I suffered a fair number of deaths too. Definitely start to focus more on your elemental keyblades, it got quite a bit better for me once I realized that they're oftentimes more optimal than Starlight.

Thanks, I guess it's good to know it's not just on me. Will it get ridiculously hard as I progress from now on or will it stick around the kind of difficulty I'm at now throughout most of it?

Yeah, I already started to focus on the elementals a while ago when I realized they worked better. I guess I won't be able to get all slots on one of them for now though. Hope that won't gimp me too badly. :/

But yeah, I'm just having less fun now, the battle system isn't deep enough for the difficulty to feel justified to me. Which is frustrating because I bought those gems when I was still having a lot of fun because of that, I'm not nearly as keen to spend money on the game now so the difficulty spike is sort of having the opposite effect of what I'm guessing it's supposed to have on me. Especially the increase in game overs, it make some sense considering you can pay gems to resume, but the quests are so short that it's just an annoyance to me.

Caim

Thanks, I guess it's good to know it's not just on me. Will it get ridiculously hard as I progress from now on or will it stick around the kind of difficulty I'm at now throughout most of it?

Yeah, I already started to focus on the elementals a while ago when I realized they worked better. I guess I won't be able to get all slots on one of them for now though. Hope that won't gimp me too badly. :/

But yeah, I'm just having less fun now, the battle system isn't deep enough for the difficulty to feel justified to me. Which is frustrating because I bought those gems when I was still having a lot of fun because of that, I'm not nearly as keen to spend money on the game now so the difficulty spike is sort of having the opposite effect of what I'm guessing it's supposed to have on me. Especially the increase in game overs, it make some sense considering you can pay gems to resume, but the quests are so short that it's just an annoyance to me.

I highly recommend finishing story and then going back and finishing up any objectives you missed. With missions being so short and AP cost cut in half for the month you should never pay jewels to resume. The "kill x in one turn" targets are usually stronger than the enemy you have to kill to actually end the mission. They usually hit much harder too so don't stress yourself out trying to 1-turn everything on the first go round.

Joqu

I highly recommend finishing story and then going back and finishing up any objectives you missed. With missions being so short and AP cost cut in half for the month you should never pay jewels to resume. The "kill x in one turn" targets are usually stronger than the enemy you have to kill to actually end the mission so they usually hit much harder so don't stress yourself out trying to 1-turn everything on the first go round.

I gotta say though, I've been experiencing issues killing the targets you have to defeat to end the mission in one turn too. And I know some of the missions have a pretty obvious optional boss but I've been having trouble with missions without one too. I guess that's normal?

I definitely got a bit frustrated too so I know where you're coming from, but it should get better. The difficulty evens out a bit towards the end as your medals get stronger. For what it's worth, I only had enough Orichalcum to open all slots on one of my elemental keyblades (Treasure Trove in my case), but I still feel like the other two can pull their weight.

Caim

I gotta say though, I've been experiencing issues killing the targets you have to defeat to end the mission in one turn too. And I know some of the missions have a pretty obvious optional boss but I've been having trouble with missions without one too. I guess that's normal?

Yeah pretty much. I don't know what part you're at but the bosses will eventually have more than one bar of health.

Kinsei

Banned
Right after I used my last three Fairy Godmothers to evolve Beast I pulled a 3 star from the daily. I have the worst luck haha. On the bright side I am looking stylish AF in my Mr. Mew costume.

The difficulty should stay fairly consistent from this point forward up until at least quest 180 (that's the last quest I did).

Seil

suHYPbw.jpg

Uhhh?? Are these Riku's good???

I'm so very jealous right now lol.

My 10 pull was complete garbage, just gonna be sticking to the daily pulls now. Don't really care about guaranteed 5*, hell it makes it harder to buff their special. I just want decent medals, regardless of where they start.

Edit: Plus 5*s don't really seem hard to get from the dailies, either. I do hate the waiting, though.

TheMink

I have the first three keyblades so far, should I be saving my Orchalcum for later? Or should I do it on one of the ones I already have right away, and which is the best investment?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
If people wanted to know best available atm:

Black Coat Riku
Diz
Aeris
Green F Ver Sora
Green II Ver B Sora
Vivi

SoulUnison

Banned
I wish the game didn't shove the "WEEKLY GEMS EXTRAVAGANZA SPECIAL" in your face every single time you start the game.

It's kind of scummy, and Record Keeper doesn't have any extremely in your face ads like that.

Top Bottom