• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Ranker [JP] |OT| - Breath of Fire VI Hopes and Dreams

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Too pricy. Should have been a DS game? "/

I haven't bought a game in a while, maybe I'll get this?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I really hope this gets localized by Capcom US (haha, fat chance). This looks really intresting and GOOD.

Oh, and BoF art. <3 <3 <3

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I'm in on this. I already passed the 60 hour mark on Peace Walker, and need another portable game to play on my way to work.

Aeana

I feel like the chances are actually pretty decent for a US release. Capcom is usually pretty good about that.

duckroll

On one hand, they announced Okamiden and Ghost Trick for US release, and haven't mentioned anything about Last Ranker. On the other hand, those games likely have way less text and no voice work, so Last Ranker could just be taking longer. Maybe they'll announce it later this year when they actually have an English trailer?

Aeana

RevenantKioku said:
Too pricy. Should have been a DS game? "/

I haven't bought a game in a while, maybe I'll get this?
World Destruction was 5980 yen for DS. I'm sure it would have been the same for this game, too.

duckroll

There's a site update today. The 4 chapter prequel web novel by Nojima is complete now: http://www.capcom.co.jp/LR/novel/

There's a new character shown here too: http://www.capcom.co.jp/LR/character/

ss17-1.jpg
ss17-2.jpg

ss17-3.jpg

Missy is a shrine maiden in village Zig and Faz grew up in, she's voiced by Kaori Nazuka! <3 <3

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/LR/other/201007011.html

Also, it seems the E-Capcom Extended Edition LE is getting really good pre-orders. Too bad those aren't tracked by sales trackers in Japan....

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I just can't come to terms with the name "Zig" though. That's pretty much what's keeping me on the "Do not buy" fence.

Steroyd

John Harker said:
Had 0 interest in this game, but your damn thread title... now I'm forced to check it out because you say has BoF influence? Poo.

THIS MAN SPEAKS THE GODDAMN TRUTH.

Came in because of BoF in the thread title came out hoping this game comes to western shores. Curse you and your awesome OP.

RevenantKioku

Wait, this is "Last Ranker", not "The Last Ranker", right? So it's LR, not TLR. TLR is The Last Remnant, dammit.

duckroll

ruby_onix said:
Some serious loli underboob going on in the concept art.

Totally eliminated in the jump to CG.

I think it depends heavily on her posture. In some of the realtime scenes you can make out a very similar look to the concept art in terms of how her top seems to be insufficient coverage for her boobs, especially when she is bending backwards or stretching her body. The only time her top seems to completely cover her boobs is when she's standing normally, or bending forward.

5xtu9y.jpg
2a9ws8y.jpg

Spiegel

duckroll said:

First time I see this video. Looks so great.

It's probably the best looking RPG outside of Kingdom Hearts and maybe Crisis Core and I'm glad Imageepoch/Capcom put a big budget behind this game because I was getting tired of ports, 2d games a low budget rpgs. Not that those are bad games but having great graphics is always a plus.

Too bad is going to bomb :/

You know what? I just want to give a big shout out to Capgod for being such a wonderful company. They bring us all sorts of new and interesting games as well as sometimes mining their archives for old gems to bring to the light of day. I cant imagine my life without capcom, and to a lesser extent EA, Konami and Square(Enix)

But yeah, Capcom is head and shoulders above the rest.

BTW, duckroll. At any point will you gain allies or party members or whatever, or is it a 'you against the world' thing?

duckroll

Pureauthor said:
BTW, duckroll. At any point will you gain allies or party members or whatever, or is it a 'you against the world' thing?

Story-wise I'm sure there will be allies and friends, but for battles the entire game is just a Zig adventure. That's why customization is supposed to be very important, since you can't spread stuff out across a party to have an overall rounded team.

I hope the wait for an official release of the art works won't be too long.

edit: It's official 2 weeks and counting until release.

yencid

Jerk 2.0 said:
?
Producer - Minae Matsukawa (Breath of Fire V, Ace Attorney 4)
Director - Kazuya Niinou (Etrian Odyssey, 7th Dragon)
Character Design - Tatsuya Yoshikawa (Breath of Fire series, Devil May Cry 4)
Scenario - Kazushige Nojima (Final Fantasy series, Kingdom Hearts series)
Composer - Yoko Shimomura (Parasite Eve, Kingdom Hearts series)
Main Planner - Hiroyuki Kanemaru (Tales of Symphonia, Arc Rise Fantasia)
Lead Programmer - Takashi Kawamoto (Arc Rise Fantasia)

DUDE! HOLY FUCKING SHIT! i just saw this now... WOW!

yoko shimomura alone would have sold me but holy shit!

Jerk

Banned
Urban Scholar said:
Jerk 2.0
(Today, 01:00 PM)
Reply | Quote

I think this speaks for itself.

I think it depends on which ones we are talking about.

These look amazing:

bg_zig.png

c20100301_lastrank_01_cs1w1_720x444.jpg

These look like drek:

c20100623_lr_01_cs1w1_451x640.jpg

c20100312_lastranker_03_cs1w1_640x395.jpg

Um... varied, colourful and largely unique character designs look like drek?

Lookit that fat pimp dude with the awesome hat and the glowing red eyes!

Jerk

Banned
Pureauthor said:

Yeah, I wish he were not in that picture as I think he looks pretty good.

Jerk 2.0 said:

These look amazing:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/LR/img/drama/bg_zig.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/242/242153/c20100301_lastrank_01_cs1w1_720x444.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I see but honestly it all looks the same to me, very visually appealing.

duckroll

yencid said:
i think they all look great :D

for some reason this outfit reminds me of wakka :lol

I think it's supposed to. That's the tribal outfit everyone seems to wear in Zig's village.

Pureauthor said:

His eyes are not glowing. He only has one real eye, the right eye is a ruby.

This game looks absolutely stunning! If there was ever a spiritual successor to Breath of Fire, this would be it! The artwork, the videos I have seen, everything I have been reading about this game sounds awesome. There is a total Ryu vs. Fou-Lu thing going on in some of those shots, I love it! Please, please, let this game get localized!

Einherjar

Argh clicking on this thread probably wasn't a good idea. Now I'm tempted to import and play through this painfully slowly with a kanji dictionary open lol. God I hate kanji.

yurinka

Jerk 2.0 said:

These look amazing:

bg_zig.png

c20100301_lastrank_01_cs1w1_720x444.jpg

These look like drek:

c20100623_lr_01_cs1w1_451x640.jpg

c20100312_lastranker_03_cs1w1_640x395.jpg
Fucking awesome art. CAPGOD FTW! Fuck the game, give me the artbook! :lol

duckroll said:
Staff and Cast

Producer - Minae Matsukawa (Breath of Fire V, Ace Attorney 4)
Director - Kazuya Niinou (Etrian Odyssey, 7th Dragon)
Character Design - Tatsuya Yoshikawa (Breath of Fire series, Devil May Cry 4)
Scenario - Kazushige Nojima (Final Fantasy series, Kingdom Hearts series)
Composer - Yoko Shimomura (Parasite Eve, STREET FUCKING FIGHTER II, Kingdom Hearts series)
Main Planner - Hiroyuki Kanemaru (Tales of Symphonia, Arc Rise Fantasia)
Lead Programmer - Takashi Kawamoto (Arc Rise Fantasia)
Fixed ;)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm still going through Xenoblade, but god damn this looks great. I'll wait for reviews...

Top Bottom