• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Ranker [JP] |OT| - Breath of Fire VI Hopes and Dreams

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Despite finding the art style quite poopy, I reserved it today because GEO apparently does cheaper prices if you reserve. News to me!
I'm excited, I think!

duckroll

RevenantKioku said:
Despite finding the art style quite poopy, I reserved it today because GEO apparently does cheaper prices if you reserve. News to me!
I'm excited, I think!

Yay! You and Oichi might be the first ones to post impressions on this game ever! I hope by the time my game arrives you guys wouldn't already have dropped the game! :lol

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Well, this does mean I get to play my favorite game of "Where is my PSP and what version is it?"

duckroll said:
Yay! You and Oichi might be the first ones to post impressions on this game ever! I hope by the time my game arrives you guys wouldn't already have dropped the game! :lol

Don't leave me out. Famitsu gave the game 9/8/8/8/ by the way.

Shouta

duckroll said:

Wat, don't forget me, you whore! I ordered that super pack from E-capcom. :lol

duckroll

Today's update on the official site concludes the audio dramatization of the prequel web novel for the game. The 5th and final chapter clocks in at about 20 minutes, making the total running time of the audio drama a little over an hour. Not bad for a free promotional thing.

The website has also updated with a new front image. It might be a bit spoilerish for some, so I'll just link it instead of embedding it. It shows the realtime 3D models of all the Ranker characters in the entire game in a montage: http://i31.tinypic.com/5brymb.jpg

From the looks of things, there are 94 rankers in total including Zig. I believe the lowest rank in the game is supposed to be 95000, so overall, it looks like there is one ranker in the game to represent every 1000. Not bad considering they all have unique models, weapons, voices, and presumably a unique skill each.

yencid said:
Any wallpapers for this?

Yeah the official site site has a wallpaper that rotates every month.

This month's wallpaper at different resolutions:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/LR/img/download/07/wallpaper1680.jpg
http://www.capcom.co.jp/LR/img/download/07/wallpaper1600.jpg
http://www.capcom.co.jp/LR/img/download/07/wallpaper1280.jpg
http://www.capcom.co.jp/LR/img/download/07/wallpaper1280.jpg

Just change the /07/ to /06/ or /05/ to access previous ones. Unfortunately the ones before May are not on the server anymore, since they did a site relaunch.

duckroll

ruby_onix said:
Some serious loli underboob going on in the concept art.

Totally eliminated in the jump to CG.

duckroll said:
I think it depends heavily on her posture. In some of the realtime scenes you can make out a very similar look to the concept art in terms of how her top seems to be insufficient coverage for her boobs, especially when she is bending backwards or stretching her body. The only time her top seems to completely cover her boobs is when she's standing normally, or bending forward.

I just want to remind everyone, that I the great underboob detective was right once again. This is something I cropped from the above mentioned montage, so prove once and for all that the great underboobs in the concept art do indeed live on in the realtime model, even though the CG model is more... modest. :D

280rujq.jpg

duckroll said:
I just want to remind everyone, that I the great underboob detective was right once again. This is something I cropped from the above mentioned montage, so prove once and for all that the great underboobs in the concept art do indeed live on in the realtime model, even though the CG model is more... modest. :D

http://i28.tinypic.com/280rujq.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You are a man of many...interesting talents there.

RevenantKioku

I can't even tell if she has boobs, nevermind underboob showing.

RevenantKioku

:O

But I preordered the cheap-ass edition, anyway. They told me there might not be enough stock on launch day, so, BIG HIT? :O

RevenantKioku

KTallguy said:
I may get this after I quit halfway through Mother 3 again (haha).
It's worth finishing! But yeah, I stopped through that game about 80 times. (Only one restart, though!)

KTallguy

Banned
Just lost interest after switching between random characters too many times.
It's also because I changed all the names and it kind of messed up the flow.
Also the really random humor throws me off (I just can't get into Manzai).

Anyway yea, Last Ranker will hopefully be super awesome :)

duckroll

http://www.capcom.co.jp/LR/movie/

The site updated with a video recording of the event for the game from a few weeks back. The opening part is the most interesting because it has a live piano trio performance of the music in the game while game footage is shown on the top screen and the voice actors for Zig and Faz perform certain scenes in the game live.

You can also watch the entire event uninterrupted (1 hour 6 minutes) on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bIjHwAuIxw

kiryogi

Banned
Ah crap forgot this was coming out. XD And here I was gonna impulse buy P3P... DAmmit and I just got DQ9 too. :/ Uh. Dunno if I'll be getting this anytime soon XD

RevenantKioku

I still don't actually know if they'll have a copy in stock for me tomorrow. We'll see!

kiryogi

Banned
My original plan was to get this on last minute since I have wallet issues. Then it turned out I decided to get DQ9 anyway and now here's last ranker. D: For what it's worth I'm still playing Xenoblade :lol I'll try to squeeze in Last Ranker somehow later this month. But I still gotta save up for a LE and regular edition of SC2 (LE for me, reg for a friend's bday) and BBCS. Fuck :D There's also Project DIVA 2.

RevenantKioku

Spiegel said:
Graphics are so good and the small loading is a plus. Why does Japan not want this game? :/
Maybe it's a bad game!

RevenantKioku

Aeana said:
I'm trying to trust Niinou.
I just think it's sad someone goes "It has good graphics and load times! What more could you possible want!

Spiegel

RevenantKioku said:
I just think it's sad someone goes "It has good graphics and load times! What more could you possible want!

I made comments about the video I was quoting.

Did not think it was neccessary to name the biggest reason why everyone should be excited in that post, the all-star team who is making the game.

RevenantKioku

Spiegel said:
I made comments about the video I was quoting.

Did not think it was neccessary to name the biggest reason why everyone should be excited in that post, the all-star team who is making the game.
Still, if you're watching a video and that's your big two on what to comment about, I still have to wonder. That said, your priorities are your own, so I'm not hating on you for them. It just confuses me.

Spiegel

RevenantKioku said:
Still, if you're watching a video and that's your big two on what to comment about, I still have to wonder. That said, your priorities are your own, so I'm not hating on you for them. It just confuses me.

Well, I admit I'm a bit of a graphics whore and there aren't that many rpgs on psp with good 3d graphics, so in my opinion, it should be having an easier time catching people's attention.

It shows that they put a big budget behind this game (compared to most psp rpgs) and that's why I'm sad about the lack of interest shown.

KTallguy

Banned
For some reason I'm still skeptical. Maybe no mp is turning the jp audience off?
In general the psp seems to have a serious multiplayer focus in japan. For better or for worse.

RevenantKioku

KTallguy said:
For some reason I'm still skeptical. Maybe no mp is turning the jp audience off?
In general the psp seems to have a serious multiplayer focus in japan. For better or for worse.
Yeah, I'm actually not sure why I'm buying it. I guess I just want to give something a chance.

duckroll

Vrakanox

So there is more than one playable character in the game? I was under the impression you only played as the black haired guy.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Got my copy of the Limited Edition!

Install takes up 325 megs of space.. installing now but won't be able to play until I finish work. :/

Oichi

Wow, the loading is fucking FAST in this game, it's amazing. Even loading different zones is amazingly fast. I'm impressed. The battle system is fun and the best thing is that so far, the random encounter doesn't seem too high, but transitioning in and out of battles is super fast so even if the rate was higher it doesn't seem like it'd be a problem. I've only played 15 minutes of it though. :D

Oichi

I did indeed. Although it's kinda weird... there's a media install option at the title screen, so I did that, but when I looked in the options during the game, the install feature was set to Off? I didn't take a close look at what the difference is though, but oh well.

Top Bottom