• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leader of Oregon occupation Ammon Bundy, at least 8 others arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cagey

Banned
So now they all go to jail for felony murder, since they were committing treason when someone died?
My criminal law is a bit rusty but I don't recall felony murder extending to accomplices getting killed in shootouts with the police. It's for when a victim dies as a result of the criminal act.

Herbs

Banned

xxUFAfM.png
and just in case you need clarification on terrorism:

ergo, they are terrorists.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I was hoping this kind of thing would have ended peacefully. It's a shame it didn't go that way.

I didn't see this ever ending peacefully unless they just got bored and no one gave a crap about their rebellion.

akira28

so there was a death at the shooting? No word on anything going down at the refuge, I hope

stay safe, Oregonians

theyre about as isolated as can be and are probably surrounded and under surveillance to see what they'll do next.

If they leave, they'll get picked up. If they act crazy, they'll get picked up. I think at this point they'll just start feeling the squeeze.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Does every thread on this subject need to be shitted up by pointless debating over whether these guys are terrorists?

i suppose as long as they are being called terrorists, then yes?

(the above does not show my opinion on the matter by the way)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Exchanging fire with the Feds is a bad idea. They're lucky they're not all dead -- tremendous act of mercy toward a group which would be treated much more harshly in basically any other setting.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Exchanging fire with the Feds is a bad idea. They're lucky they're not all dead -- tremendous act of mercy toward a group which would be treated much more harshly in basically any other setting.

I am REALLY curious to hear how this "traffic stop" went down.

Were the feds finally done and arresting them?
Were they doing something at the time to cause cops to finally go after them?
Who shot first?
How many shots were fired? (I'm guessing not many since no Law Enforcement was injured, and only two of the criminals were shot, only one fatally)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So is it over or are there still people at the refuge?

The OP doesn't specify.

Aren't there a few hundred people total at this compound? Edit: Was their claims, but "dozens" is probably safe? A maximum of 8 armed persons under arrest as they were driving back to the place doesn't really scream "end of situation" to me, unfortunately.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Thanks for the links. Searching around there seems to be some common law variance state by state but some do extend to accomplices killed by police. Interesting. I think that might be overly punitive as a general concept but I'm not going to shed tears for those hit with it.

If there was a shootout with police, I would imagine the Feds will throw the book at them. Rightly so.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So is it over or are there still people at the refuge?

The OP doesn't specify.

Some early tweets implied that the FBI was giving the people at the Refuge the chance to leave immediately. I have not seen this in any of the new stories so far though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom