• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leader of Oregon occupation Ammon Bundy, at least 8 others arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oppo

they violated the first rule of siege defense.

don't go to Denny's.

that got the Normans a few times if Defender of the Crown is accurate, and I believe it is

Lenz44

Banned
Let's hope they can make a clean sweep of the rest of the people in the compound without any injuries and hope some other dumbshit militia doesn't decide to make a stand about this. Last thing we need is more armed militia moving in with the rest of the people still left in the compound and causing a bigger mess.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Hey guys, a couple people got shot and possibly died, no celebratory gifs.

YEIoq5G.jpg

Can we cheer about the line that they are all facing felony charges? Because I can't honestly pretend that doesn't make me really, really happy.

Shooting at federal agents. Good for them. They just got more time.

They're going to lose their right to own a gun. How cool is that!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
After all this pussyfooting? It only makes sense to come out guns blazing..RIGHT?? 😕

This is an instance where I would be inclined to believe 100% that the officers feared for their safety, given that these terrorists have been threatening law enforcement for a month. It was just Yesterday that one of their supporters was arrested and during the arrest, threatened to kill all the arresting officers.

sangreal

It wouldn't surprise me if the feds shot first when the suspects didn't stand down or give up their weapons, but at this point who knows....

Considering they have been so eager to avoid a repeat of ruby ridge I highly doubt it.

Even still there are some similarities w/ a remote shootout leaving part of the group dead. We will see what happens back at the base

I still can't find any mention anywhere of what's happening at the refuge. This happened on the road between Burns and John Day, which is a ~50mi drive in the opposite direction.

Sadly I think this is far from over.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
They made more arrests after this too!

Several hours later, Jon Ritzheimer, 32, a key militant leader, surrendered to police on the conspiracy charge. He gained national fame for complaining on a video about the delivery of sex toys to the refuge in response to the occupiers' plea for supplies.

Police also arrested Pete Santilli, an independent broadcaster known for his aggressive manner and live streaming refuge events. Details of his charges couldn't immediately be learned.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/bundys_in_custody_one_militant.html

Sigh...I was making a reference the same movie the other poster was referencing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qiw3vVy_eN8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBzvMLW0ii4

Ok enough derailing from me

oh whoops, sorry

As bizarre as it sounds, having someone die is probably exactly what they wanted. This will just become a rallying cry for all the fucking nut jobs out there and it'll just get worse.

The Feds done goofed, IMO.

Buckle up. Time for the real loons to come out now

So did the Feds play some long con and lulled these fools into a sense of being above it all, waiting to bust them on a routine stop?

Shots fired but it reminds me about the Branch Davidian compound raid with the fire and tanks, also that a mailman linked with the group tipped them off to the raid, much worse.

GhaleonEB

As bizarre as it sounds, having someone die is probably exactly what they wanted. This will just become a rallying cry for all the fucking nut jobs out there and it'll just get worse.

Killing one of them is exactly what the Feds didn't want to do.

Buckle up. Time for the real loons to come out now

You may be right, but I think letting them just roam free while this farce went on was more enabling than just about anything else they could have done. This needed to end.

Unfortunate someone was killed, but I'm glad felony charges are already pressed against many of them. And thank goodness no LEO's were hurt. Now they just need to take the rest of them. The death will likely make this much more tense. Curious how they handle it from here.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Any news stories about what is now happening at the refuge? There were twitter rumors earlier that the FBI was giving everyone a chance to bail out now. Have not heard anything since.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
This has indeed been a very good day.

Any news stories about what is now happening at the refuge? There were twitter rumors earlier that the FBI was giving everyone a chance to bail out now. Have not heard anything since.

One of the guys, Blaine Cooper, said he's going to be "standing his ground".

Also, I'm hearing there are women and children still there. :(

So did the Feds play some long con and lulled these fools into a sense of being above it all, waiting to bust them on a routine stop?

Shots fired but it reminds me about the Branch Davidian compound raid with the fire and tanks, also that a mailman linked with the group tipped them off to the raid, much worse.

This is a terrible long con if that is the case. They let others join the group including some noted reactionaries.

I think it is more likely someone(s) up high got tired of the lack of results from the current plan of action (inaction?).

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

At the refuge Tuesday evening before officials issued a statement, occupier Jason Patrick reported no unusual activity. The only word he had about a possible arrest was from an independent broadcaster allied with the militants.

"It's pretty quiet here," Patrick said. He said no one was leaving as of 6 p.m.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/bundys_in_custody_one_militant.html

Sagroth

Yeah, this is not over yet, folks. There are still plenty at the compound. It's anyone's guess what happens now, but I worry that it will not be pretty. Shame about the death as well, but good to see no LEOs were hurt.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Apparently, Nevada State Representative Michele Fiore has identified the killed militant as LaVoy Finicum aka "Dude Sitting Under the Tarp With Gun"

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/lav...-blue-tarp-killed-in-police-shootout-reports/

Michele Fiore
‏@VoteFiore 7:35 PM - 26 Jan 2016
My heart & prays go out to LaVoy Finicum's family he was just murdered with his hands up in Burns OR.Ryan Bundy has been shot in the arm

https://twitter.com/VoteFiore/status/692189070554955776

Michele Fiore
‏@VoteFiore 7:35 PM - 26 Jan 2016
My heart & prays go out to LaVoy Finicum's family he was just murdered with his hands up in Burns OR.Ryan Bundy has been shot in the arm

How do they know his hands were up? Maybe he was running away, then stopped, turned around, and charged like a demon.

TyrantII

“I have been raised in the country all my life,” Finicum said in a widely viewed television interview with a rifle on his lap. “I love dearly to feel the wind on my face. To see the sun rise, to see the moon. I have no intention of spending any of my days in a concrete box.”

Dude traded down to a wooden box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom