• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leader of Oregon occupation Ammon Bundy, at least 8 others arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are they going to rightfully try the surviving felons as traitors and then hang them on the White House lawn?

(Just kidding, I don't believe in the death penalty. They should get the incarcerated in Guantanamo/secret military tribunal treatment instead.)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Apparently, Nevada State Representative Michele Fiore has identified the killed militant as LaVoy Finicum aka "Dude Sitting Under the Tarp With Gun"

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/lav...-blue-tarp-killed-in-police-shootout-reports/

https://twitter.com/VoteFiore/status/692189070554955776

Great that an elected representative waited for the facts before creating a dangerous shitstorm. Haven't googled yet so I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt before crying tea party.

Edit. Googled. Gun nutcase. http://votefiore.com/

Vibranium

Banned
Great that an elected representative waited for the facts before creating a dangerous shitstorm. Haven't googled yet so I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt before crying tea party.

Edit. Googled. Gun nutcase. http://votefiore.com/

What a moron, not surprising that people elected someone like her though. I'm sure she would be the first to turn tail and run from the feds rather than confront them with that weapon of death she has on her public website.

Strap in.

This is about to get even wilder than it was before.

Gotta say it, if the power was out, and the water was off, and they didn't allow deliveries to come through, or allowed them to go to town and drink and go to bars and pick up supplies, this probably wouldn't have escalated to the point where it did. But nah, let's just let them do what they want for almost a month.

besada

Banned
I'm not sure there's much in the way of leadership at the Malheur. Payne was their tactical guy, the Bundystheir leaders, Ritzheimer was muscle, Finicum was their speaker. The feds essentially lopped off the head of the resistance in one go, which was smart. The remainders might decide to put up some sort of fight, but I suspect they'll be gone by the end of the week. I doubt anyone dumb enough to follow the Bundys into this is suddenly going to become capable of the leadership necessary to keep everyone there, when the ringleaders are headed to jail and Finicum to the morgue.

I could be wrong, of course, but I suspect there won't be much in the way of fireworks from here on.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Apparently, Nevada State Representative Michele Fiore has identified the killed militant as LaVoy Finicum aka "Dude Sitting Under the Tarp With Gun"

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/lav...-blue-tarp-killed-in-police-shootout-reports/

https://twitter.com/VoteFiore/status/692189070554955776

kYWCiKw.jpg

I...

I am at a total loss of words. So many comedic opportunities have presented themselves...

kYWCiKw.jpg

I...

I am at a total loss of words. So many comedic opportunities have presented themselves...

The pictures of her on her twitter are gold.

Every other one has her posing with a gun.

It's the weirdest shit I've seen in my life. This gun stuff is a fucking RELIGION to these people.

lawnchair

Banned
As bizarre as it sounds, having someone die is probably exactly what they wanted. This will just become a rallying cry for all the fucking nut jobs out there and it'll just get worse.

The Feds done goofed, IMO.

Buckle up. Time for the real loons to come out now

if you think the feds goofed by shooting somebody (probably armed) who was threatening them with violence during a traffic stop ... i dont really know what to tell you

Drifters

Please do tell us what you'd have done
Well, like any normal persons who were on federal land I probably would've rounded them up on day 1. The feds let this escalate and validated their demands. Now, there is absolutely no control on the narrative on either side and this has now become the United States citizens v. The Federal Government.

Welcome to the fold.

Given that the Feds have been so careful about avoiding violence in this situation to this point i find it hard to believe that they would've shot dude with his hands up. Also, these people are constantly packing.

Trakdown

Look at pieces of shit like Fiore who defend armed terrorists while fanning flames for more violence.

On November 21, 2015, on her weekly AM radio program on KDWN, Fiore explained why she had not signed a Nevada Assembly Republican caucus letter that called for a review of federal safeguards before Nevada would resettle Syrian refugees. She said, "We didn't know anything about the letter, nor did we get invited to be on the letter." She went on, "He's like, 'The Syrian refugees.' I'm like, 'What, are you kidding me? I'm about to fly to Paris and shoot 'em in the head myself.' I mean, I am not OK with Syrian refugees. I’m not OK with terrorists. I’m OK with putting them down, blacking them out. Just put a piece of brass in their ocular cavity and end their miserable life. I’m good with that."[18][19][20][21]

Wouldn't be the first time.

Place should have been locked down from day one. These guys have had free reign over the town for a month to come and go as they please. They were allowed to get supplies, and destroy public property.

Say it.

There's NO REASON this should have been allowed to escalate the way it did.

This should never have gotten to a shootout. Four days out there without food, water, and heat and they would have came out on their own.

This entire situation reeks of incompetence.

Given that the Feds have been so careful about avoiding violence in this situation to this point i find it hard to believe that they would've shot dude with his hands up. Also, these people are constantly packing.
Thier peaceful people who threaten to live out some Tupac lyrics/that if they tried to get them they'd die trying. I doubt they did anything to make them fire putting their hands up.

PopeReal

Say it.

This should never have gotten to a shootout. Four days out there without food, water, and heat and they would have came out on their own.

Yep. The Feds blew it from the get go.

Say it.

They would have just sent people out for water and fuel. It still would have been traffic stop arrests with shootouts.

TyrantII

Say it.

Someone doesn't know the history of these things in the US.

The FEDs wisely give these dolts enough rope to hang themselves with.

PopeReal

Wait, I thought they were at the building they were occupying? Did they abandon it?

They have been all over the place from the beginning. They were never restricted to a building.

As of right now there are still idiots at the wildlife refuge.

Someone doesn't know the history of these things in the US.

The FEDs wisely give these dolts enough rope to hang themselves with.

I'm trying to figure out how "do nothing" and ending up in a situation where one person is dead is preferrable to "cutting off all resources and not allowing them to have their way" and ending an armed occupation before it gets momentum.

You're fine with allowing them to leave, eat in town, get food and drinks, allowing them to destroy government property, stalk and harass federal employees and law enforcement, use federal computers (which potentially have sensitive information on them), use federal vehicles, and the many, many other list of things that these people have done? You think that what happened was the best way of dealing with the situation?

Nobody had to get shot. Nobody had to die. This is a direct result of inaction. It's fucking ridiculous to suggest that a hands off approach was the only way of dealing with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom