• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, makes me wonder why they even bothered buying it. I've only bought snowball items like twice. One was for intermed since it was easy enough. The other was for a solo queue game which became a 4v3 in our favor and I was going ~17/2, and even then I bought it last.

Entwain

Blitz is possibly the most fun character in the entire game, infinite cc, running nonstop. Good god, put boomboom blitz on sale so i can have it ><

Ferrio

Banned
I'll buy snowball items on Leblanc sometimes, her and Soraka one of the few characters I think they're decent on.

I *hate* seeing a Lux with one. Lux players are notorious for being kill stealers, so when you see one on a Lux you know they're just saving their laser for last hits.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'll buy snowball items on Leblanc sometimes, her and Soraka one of the few characters I think they're decent on.

I *hate* seeing a Lux with one. Lux players are notorious for being kill stealers, so when you see one on a Lux you know they're just saving their laser for last hits.

QQQQQQ If you were better, my Lux wouldn't have to carry.

*Strut*

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
::garen starts spinning next to tower::
::walks into garen::
::tower starts bashing garen::

Telaso

Banned
rapehard.png

I got fed really hard. Their monkey was getting pissed.

Mxrz

Finally switched to Armor & MR runes. Didn't think it would make that big a difference, but felt like I could hardly be scratched early game. Having just two rune pages is annoying. Probably should have bought some more instead of skins/shyv/etc.

I remember when I got my first proper rune setup.

It was a whole new ballgame.

What do you guys recommend for AP carry mid?
3x Greater Quintessence of Potency - 4.95 AP
9x Greater Mark of Insight - 0.95 Magic Pen
9x Greater Seal of Resilience - 1.41 Armor or 9x Greater Seal of Vitality - 19.44 hp at lvl 18 or 9x Greater Seal of Force - 1.8 AP at lvl 18. Can switch out a few for mana regen runes if your running a caster that eats up mana like LeBlanc.
9x Greater Glyph of Force - 3.06 AP at lvl 18 or Greater Glyph of Celerity - 0.9% cd at lvl 18. Mana regen runes also work here.

Ferga

I have flat 2 ap quints 1 magic pen, ap blues, mana regen yellows, ad reds (i run akali on this page as well)

helps with last hitting :)

bjaelke

3x Greater Quintessence of Potency - 4.95 AP
9x Greater Mark of Insight - 0.95 Magic Pen
9x Greater Seal of Resilience - 1.41 Armor or 9x Greater Seal of Vitality - 19.44 hp at lvl 18 or 9x Greater Seal of Force - 1.8 AP at lvl 18. Can switch out a few for mana regen runes if your running a caster that eats up mana like LeBlanc.
9x Greater Glyph of Force - 3.06 AP at lvl 18 or Greater Glyph of Celerity - 0.9% cd at lvl 18. Mana regen runes also work here.

You don't really need armor during laning phase as you're against another AP caster 99% of the time. Later on you can get Glacial Shroud/Frozen Heart or Zonya's Hourglass to make up for your lack of armor. You're more dependent on mana early on (before getting blue buff and other regen items). Armor automatically scales until you hit level 18, so you might even be okay without extra armor for some time during the team fights.

You don't really need armor during laning phase as you're against another AP caster 99% of the time. Later on you can get Glacial Shroud/Frozen Heart or Zonya's Hourglass to make up for your lack of armor. You're more dependent on mana early on (before getting blue buff and other regen items). Armor automatically scales until you hit level 18, so you might even be okay without extra armor for some time during the team fights.
Only reason to go armor is if the occasional range ad champ takes mid. Otherwise I just go for the health per level seals.

Feature

Banned
His ult is pretty weak imo. If you have 500AP you'll do 850 damage maximum which is pretty pathetic. This is ofcourse only if you have enough mana to turn it on that long, have enough people doing damage inside of the ring etc...

y2dvd

Lost 8 straight ranked games last night. I was raging so hard. It all started when we were ahead by 15 kills in this one game, and a teammate simply said "I gotta leave", and left before finishing the game. The opposing team came back to win it. Then all of my losses just snowballed from there. I refused to sleep until I broke my losing streak lol. Elo hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll! >=[

Boken

Banned
His ult is pretty weak imo. If you have 500AP you'll do 850 damage maximum which is pretty pathetic. This is ofcourse only if you have enough mana to turn it on that long, have enough people doing damage inside of the ring etc...

Forget the damage, 20% damage reduction for your whole team is pretty darn sweet.

Lost 8 straight ranked games last night. I was raging so hard. It all started when we were ahead by 15 kills in this one game, and a teammate simply said "I gotta leave", and left before finishing the game. The opposing team came back to win it. Then all of my losses just snowballed from there. I refused to sleep until I broke my losing streak lol. Elo hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll! >=[
Heh, playing on tilt is a pretty bad idea

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, I need to have self-discipline to say that if I lose two games in a row (especially if I am frustrated), I just stop playing, get win of the day IP via bots if needed, and play again the next day (or much later the same day if time permits). Otherwise you will get like five losses in a row.

bjaelke

Forget the damage, 20% damage reduction for your whole team is pretty darn sweet.

Yeah, it's the reduction that's the important part. It only has a 20 second cool down on level 3, which means you don't to think twice about using it in team fights.

VALKYRAY

Banned

go to bed if you have 2 straight loses. trust me, you will come back in no time.

Ferrio

Banned
Think karthas might be my to go to ap mid now. I like the fact even if I'm stuck in lane I can still attribute to team fights and turn the tide.

Karthus is like my jesus.
When things look bad I cry out on mumble "KARTHULT!" and sometimes they go "You sure they low enuff?" and im like no im not sure but i want you to do it anyway!!!

Ferrio

Banned
I'm starting to really hate Ahri. There's not many good ahris which is great, but even a shitty ahri is annoying as hell. Played against one mid last night, and she was terrible. Unfortunately I couldn't do much against her cause they had a jungling blitz that was scaring me shitless. By the time I wasn't afraid of blitz anymore I couldn't touch her cause soon as I come near she goes flying off into the sunset.

Ahri is definitely one of the most consistent champs. Her long range poke and mobility kit just dont really have a counter during laning phase except maybe leblanc.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
She is another Aki or Tyrd where even bad players who get dominated still will be a force after a certain amount of time?

Ferrio

Banned
Mean she is another Aki or Tyrd where even bad players who get dominated still will be a force after a certain amount of time.

Not really. She doesn't snowball. If an ahri sucks, she'll suck late game. She'll be annoying, but that's it.

She doesn't snowball as hard as those two, but the flipside is true where if you kill a trynd twice early hes pretty fucked but ahri's base damage on q plus insane mobility means she will continue to be a threat even if you won the lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom