• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
She doesn't snowball as hard as those two, but the flipside is true where if you kill a trynd twice early hes pretty fucked but ahri's base damage on q plus insane mobility means she will continue to be a threat even if you won the lane.

Naw trynd isn't fucked, that's why he's so powerful. You can shut him down early, but if you let the game run long enough he still becomes a killing machine. Ahri's ratios as well as her late game isn't as good, so if she gets shut down she isn't still a big worry end game.

Naw trynd isn't fucked, that's why he's so powerful. You can shut him down early, but if you let the game run long enough he still becomes a killing machine. Ahri's ratios as well as her late game isn't as good, so if she gets shut down she isn't still a big worry end game.

Right, I meant that between lvls 1-5 if trynd dies hell most likely lose the lane without serious jungle babysitting. This is assuming competence among all parties.

ElectraStar

SOOOO MANLYYYYY

Came to see if achtius saw the sale. He did.

I let him know on Steam in case he hadn't seen it.
I received about 10 consecutive :D 's

Blitz is possibly the most fun character in the entire game, infinite cc, running nonstop. Good god, put boomboom blitz on sale so i can have it ><

Troll with me or it never happened.

Bahaha, no thanks!

ElectraStar

Now on to actual LoL talk...

I was playing draft today, and had the chance twice to pick Karthus because I had last pick, and both times, a summoner from the other team left.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Blizzard

Banned
Now on to actual LoL talk...

I was playing draft today, and had the chance twice to pick Karthus because I had last pick, and both times, a summoner from the other team left.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
That's almost as good as when your highest ELO team member goes first, and for once in 20 games no one bans Tryndamere, and your highest ELO team member picks Tryndamere, and then someone on one of the teams dodges, thus guaranteeing Trynd will be banned when the lobby reforms again.

I think dodging ranked lobbies gives you an ELO hit but it must be pretty minor.

That's almost as good as when your highest ELO team member goes first, and for once in 20 games no one bans Tryndamere, and your highest ELO team member picks Tryndamere, and then someone on one of the teams dodges, thus guaranteeing Trynd will be banned when the lobby reforms again.

I think dodging ranked lobbies gives you an ELO hit but it must be pretty minor.

Trynd isn't a necessary ban anymore. Rammus, Shaco, Skarner, Morg, Kass, and Leblanc are all just as or more viable bans. I've seen Trynd shutdown by Gangplank, Riven, Teemo, Skarner, Udyr, and Lee Sin, it just depends on the player and the ganks.

Blizzard

Banned
Trynd isn't a necessary ban anymore. Rammus, Shaco, Skarner, Morg, Kass, and Leblanc are all just as or more viable bans. I've seen Trynd shutdown by Gangplank, Riven, Teemo, Skarner, Udyr, and Lee Sin, it just depends on the player and the ganks.
Well the thing is that when the lobby reforms in ranked, people have seen whatever champions the same group of players picked previously, and those champions get banned in the second attempt by people trying to be clever. It was just in reference to Electra being annoyed by losing out on the chance to play a champion.

Ferrio

Banned
Karma champion (regularly 975 RP) will be only 487 RP

After Monday, January 9th, these fantastic champions will return to their regular prices&#8212;so be sure to act soon, before it&#8217;s too late. Click on the Champions tab in the store to purchase these champions at their discounted prices.

hah.

Knosmirc

Neo Member
I was suffering last night in elo hell as well...

I got into a game that the team 'captain' came in and said "I DROPPED 300 ELO TONIGHT AND SHIT NOW IM CAPTAIN", and then proceeded to exclaim "!@#$ YOU ALL SCRUBS I'M GOIN KOG MAW AP MID"... and we proceeded to lose the game because an Ahri also wanted mid, and they argued the whole game through... needless to say, reported that asshat.

le sigh...

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
is LoL the premiere esports title?? The amount of viewers it gets from players streams is mindblowing! I can't believe people could get more viewers than day9

brian!

Not really. She doesn't snowball. If an ahri sucks, she'll suck late game. She'll be annoying, but that's it.

She snowballs pretty nicely actually, but its true that if she sucks, she'll suck late game, compared to auto-attack trynd. You should try zombie karth! (revive-tele)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I believe it's 10 ELO.

20 Elo, though it could increase per amount, because that is what I lost. 10 queue dodges and one actual DC. When I thought I was losing rank due to it... I queue dodged one more time just to be sure. :eek:

I've shut down Tyrnd with nearly every character I playe. The problem is that he is annoying to control. Whirlwind + ult gives him too much leniency for either escape or attack. Even if he sucks, the longer the game goes on the harder it is regardless if he sucked or not. The character naturally improves.

I rather ban ram and lee sin over him, but it doesn't mean I like being against him either. He can move around far too much and always poses a threat.

Ferga

b3iyn.jpg

facepalm at bad udyr top. He has nearly 800 wins as well.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm going to imagine that it's something like Brand horribly losing to Veigar in the lane, then him going to dominate everyone else.

Still, this Udyr is pretty awful. Bilgewater and executioners? Ghost and Teleport?

I know he's not level 20 or something because apparently he has 800 wins.

Mxrz

What do you do against Sion? Only seem to run into them on Singed, and I usually end up having bad games. - I start off brave and keep him from last hitting during lane, but once he gets to 6-7'ish, the roaming murder spree begins, and then he's just this walking terror for the rest of the game. Can't really kite him or anything for teamfights. The best I've been able to do is to flip/glue him off teammates.

Had a scenario tonight that I wasn't sure how to deal with. - Basically one long back and forth team fight in mid. We had pushed them to their bottom tower, but couldn't take it. It was mostly Singed (me) Soraka, and Kog vs 3 or 4 of Morg, Ez, GP, Nunu, and Noct.

We would push, pick up some kills but be too beat up to push the last one or two off the tower. I'm not sure what our Yi or Morde were doing, but their Ez and Noct were able to take our bot/top outer towers during this. Teammates had a habit of sticking around in the lane with only 10-20% health (The Soraka "healme!" effect?) while they were coming back 100%. I wanted to break off and push top/bot, but when I tried they would make a heavy push on mid and I didn't want to lose our low outer-mid tower.

We ended up winning but it felt frustrating. I picked up 5 deaths from initiating/tower diving. But I racked up 20 assists from Kog & Soraka and they were telling me i was doing great when I apologized for the deaths. Feel like I need to start considering boots of mobility and not just automatically grab merc. I could've maybe landed a fling outside of tower range a couple of times if I were faster.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
As Singed? Likely not.

Singed has very little tools against him, just ignore him and go mess up their squishies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You should try out Vayne. She introduces a lot of the same concepts on a much stronger and more consistent level. She has the hard CC, you can't escape her, but she also has a lot more mobility, avoidance, and can just put out heavier (and unmitigatable) damage.

y2dvd

Going from her being an utter irrelevancy to now being able to do some damage has been an utter revelation.

I felt that way about Ashe too. Thought she was completely trash until I hit lvl 30 and was able to do some dmg. It still takes until late game to do beastly dmg. Plus, she's about as boring as a champion can get. Try out Ezreal if you want a fun range to play, although he's trash lol.

is LoL the premiere esports title?? The amount of viewers it gets from players streams is mindblowing! I can't believe people could get more viewers than day9

I actually have no idea about this. It has a wide viewership to be sure, but for some reason I don't place it in the same prominence as, say, Starcraft.

I been using Fortune Hunter. Defend middle can usually kee the towers til team comes to kill the enemies tower in mid.

Try to be aggressive with your AD carries (reasonably so). Pressure wins games.

bjaelke

I actually have no idea about this. It has a wide viewership to be sure, but for some reason I don't place it in the same prominence as, say, Starcraft.

The LoL scene has grown extremely fast given that the game is only 2 years old. It's hard to compare to something like Starcraft, because that game has been around for a long time and the scene is well-established. I also think that's why it lacks this "prominence". Maybe that'll be changed by the end of season 2.

I'm still surprised when Saint, Hotshot and TheOddOne are able to get 15-20k viewers during peak hours.

y2dvd

Saint spits out a lot of knowledge while being cheesy. TheOddOne is super informative. Haven't seen enough of HotShot yet.

I'm also honestly shocked that LoL pulls in so many viewers. It's a type of game I wouldn't think would have much of an audience. I mean, a good match usually is going to take 30+ minutes to finish. I would think fighting games should be pulling in those numbers with today's ADD generation.

Ferrio

Banned
Hi I'm Caitlyn. I like to feed 3 deaths to the other team, then rage quit 9 minutes in when our team isn't even doing badly.

Saint spits out a lot of knowledge while being cheesy. TheOddOne is super informative. Haven't seen enough of HotShot yet.

I'm also honestly shocked that LoL pulls in so many viewers. It's a type of game I wouldn't think would have much of an audience. I mean, a good match usually is going to take 30+ minutes to finish. I would think fighting games should be pulling in those numbers with today's ADD generation.

After the laning phase it's pretty exciting to watch. Positioning and teamfights, yo.

Blizzard

Banned
Hi I'm Caitlyn. I like to feed 3 deaths to the other team, then rage quit 9 minutes in when our team isn't even doing badly.
That's not pro level rage. Pro level rage is when they're like that rammus the other day ("go fk yourself I'm going afk" sort of thing when an AD carry gets red buff instead of him), or someone who quits instantly after first blood.

bjaelke

Hotshot had 16k people watch him assemble a new couch yesterday. Tells a lot about those people that watch his stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom