• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

this is the least terrible jungle tier list i have seen so far. except for kha'zix. and like sejuani being above amumu, but whatever.
http://cloth5.com/foxdrops-preseason-patch-3-14-solo-queue-jungle-tier-list/

I've always liked Foxdrop's tier lists. Sure there's some oddball picks in there (Kha'zix) but he explains the reasons pretty well. Usually includes a video as well.

He's the reason I started playing (and succeeded with) Kha'zix jungle. I'll still rarely do it in ranked but he's one of my favorite junglers and I usually win with it.

His "game-changing pulls" have a much higher frequency to backfire and he generally provides very polarizing results as a support. He has little in the way of lane presence if he doesn't land his hooks (which aren't hard to deal with in the first place) or abilities with utility that actively help his ADC / team defensively. Oh, he knocks someone up with his punch as his ADC is fleeing? Great, turn on him then because he isn't very tanky either. Also doesn't help he attracts the kind of player with "man to hell with playing support, I want to have FUN!" mindsets if they're last-pick with no one else calling the role. Taric, Leona and hard-hitting ranged supports rising in popularity ever since the pre-season 4 patch did him more harm than good too. Furthermore:

gQyNWbT.gif

Fuck Blitzcrank.

I'm not saying I approve of support Nidalee. I'm just saying I deem Blitzcrank to be even lower than that (personally speaking) if I had any choice in the matter should I be the ADC.

so he's an even worse pudge

zkylon

zkylewd
that's actually pretty cool, too bad I gotta create a new account

I really wish accounts were region agnostic

gotta get working on that hat selling app asap

Whoa. This is kinda cool.
gotta read up on the documentation but it could be kind of a gamechanger if open enough. a very nice move from riot at least

just browsing through it seems like you can easily get lolking info and maybe normals stats, which is pretty cool.

Making the passive scale with level would be a decent change for Annie.
it's still kind of a slap in the face to mid annie but tbh abusing stun for harass at early levels is too much of a mana hog

then again you'd lose a lot of threat if it went from like 1-1.75 from levels 1-18

brian!

Do some of you play with other gaffers?

Why is there no such thing as some LoLGAF games? from time to time it would be fun to play with each other wouldn't it?

yeaaaah les do it

How did I choose poorly? Talon was free, Zed was not. I'll try Zed though when possible.

FALLEN HERO IS KNOWN TO BE AN ASSHOLE STAY AWAY FROM THAT GUY

one of the xs is def support cassiopeia

so he's an even worse pudge

except pudge is like 10x more satisfying

zkylon

zkylewd
What's this going to allow people to do?

basically they're making it publicly available to make server calls to get all the info you can get from lolking, barely anything new.

but it's pretty cool since I can now set my own server and log my stats and do math and crap without depending on lolking. it also looks really easy to use since it's returning data in json format.

unfortunately there's no real modding of the client itself, tho. but maybe someday

bjaelke

Small pbe update with Snowdown icons was just released: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/12/1210-pbe-update.html

basically they're making it publicly available to make server calls to get all the info you can get from lolking, barely anything new.

but it's pretty cool since I can now set my own server and log my stats and do math and crap without depending on lolking

It will allow a lot more data to be retrieved at some point later on in the beta. First step is basically testing stability and usability. Been playing around with it for a few hours now. Not doing anything fancy, just testing the waters.

Kard8p3

Saw my friend play Swain yesterday so I bought him.. so fucking good.

My first match I went 11/0/6, and I just finished a game where I went 4/1/12.

Burt

Saw my friend play Swain yesterday so I bought him.. so fucking good.

My first match I went 11/0/6, and I just finished a game where I went 4/1/12.
And on the flip side of things, I had a Gold III Swain in a normal today (I'm Bronze V) open the match bitching about me going Rengar support, then going ballistic when the other person stuck bot decided to go Udyr. We pretty much won our lane and were zoning out Ashe and Blitz, he went 0/6 against a Karma, started crapping on our jungler because the Eve didn't sit there and fellate him the whole time, then started going off against the entire team when Eve ganked bot and our Nasus TP'd in from top and we took bot tower with 4 people. And that's when I said fuck it and just tore into him the rest of the match.

He spent the rest of the match solo pushing bot and dying every 3 minutes to jungle Yi, the four of us got stronk as hell, took a baron, and won the game.

But of course we actually won because of Swain and because we were all Bronze nubs who don't know how to play and he was Gold V who stealth carried us despite his 12 deaths.

I swear to God, showing up LoLKinging try-hards is the best feeling in this game. I love eating up tears of "fuck off Bronzie". If anyone's thought of saying something like that... No, rank is not a defense for being shit.

Kard8p3

And on the flip side of things, I had a Gold III Swain in a normal today (I'm Bronze V) open the match bitching about me going Rengar support, then going ballistic when the other person stuck bot decided to go Udyr. We pretty much won our lane and were zoning out Ashe and Blitz, he went 0/6 against a Karma, started crapping on our jungler because the Eve didn't sit there and fellate him the whole time, then started going off against the entire team when Eve ganked bot and our Nasus TP'd in from top and we took bot tower with 4 people. And that's when I said fuck it and just tore into him the rest of the match.

He spent the rest of the match solo pushing bot and dying every 3 minutes to jungle Yi, the four of us got stronk as hell, took a baron, and won the game.

But of course we actually won because of Swain and because we were all Bronze nubs who don't know how to play and he was Gold V who stealth carried us despite his 12 deaths.

I swear to God, showing up LoLKinging try-hards is the best feeling in this game. I love eating up tears of "fuck off Bronzie". If anyone's thought of saying something like that... No, rank is not a defense for being shit.

I didn't think it was possible to be that bad. :(

was he duoing with someone? That's a serious fall in MMR if he's getting matched with some bronze V players.

either that or he bought the account at the end of the season.

Either way sounds like a total twat.

I've always liked Foxdrop's tier lists. Sure there's some oddball picks in there (Kha'zix) but he explains the reasons pretty well. Usually includes a video as well.

He's the reason I started playing (and succeeded with) Kha'zix jungle. I'll still rarely do it in ranked but he's one of my favorite junglers and I usually win with it.

Article suggested getting Wriggles on Yi.

>:|

Burt

was he duoing with someone? That's a serious fall in MMR if he's getting matched with some bronze V players.

either that or he bought the account at the end of the season.

Either way sounds like a total twat.

Nah, he was solo. I can't say exactly how MMR works or where mine stands, but Gold match ups aren't too uncommon. There's generally 2-3 Gold every 3 games or so. But yeah, it usually doesn't mean much when they're getting match with me and they seem to be scrubs more often than not. Probably because they're total twats.

Gave ranked another shot tonight. First game `premade bot' we lose. To be fair it was a close game but I had to be mid and its prob my weakest position. I play to safe in laning as morgana and then in team fights I play semi support out of habit (stunning shielding etc) which isn't always bad as a lot of supports seem to have no clue.

Next two games I'm support Taric and we win both. I really like him and I def play that role the best. Just gotta keep trucking and hope I can support in each game I guess.

Was def a lot more fun tonight than last night.

Any other supports even remotely like taric? I love him and nami but i might save for Leona.

Nekofrog

Banned
3 wins in a row since Bronze 1... I have a total of 16 LP. How many wins is it going to take to raise my MMR and even out the LP gains? D:

My biggest fear is that I'll lose one game and it'll wipe all my LP.

zkylon

zkylewd
3 wins in a row since Bronze 1... I have a total of 16 LP. How many wins is it going to take to raise my MMR and even out the LP gains? D:

My biggest fear is that I'll lose one game and it'll wipe all my LP.

clamping is so shit, you might be better off waiting until the preseason is over

fortunately I never got it :3

Hmmmm.... Maybe I'll start banning Blitzcrank. Usually I try to get Evelynn, Sivir, Nasus, Kassadin and Riven banned out.

Last game I played as J4 jungle, started out 12-0-11 before I finished 14-3-13. We still lost.

Their Blitz caught our Katarina out twice in a row late game with hooks that basically cost the game. Was a shame.

Really liking building damage on J4. Usually going Elder Lizard->Randuins/Sunfire/Spirit/Mercs->Black Cleaver/Hydra

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You guys should watch the Cognitive game from today. Good team comp and a really good display of AP Kog'Maw.

zkylon

zkylewd
it gets really hard to root for a team when rosters get shaken up so much. eg without krepo and snopeh and yolopete or without froggen and wickd just don't work :/

it gets really hard to root for a team when rosters get shaken up so much. eg without krepo and snopeh and yolopete or without froggen and wickd just don't work :/

I feel like I can root for Snoopeh, yellowpete and krepo without Froggen or Wickd.

I guess I'm a Gambit fan in EU this season since NiP now is nothing like the original Copenhagen Wolves team I supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom