• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Newt and I have The Rain Man on our team at the moment.
I'll have to watch this. I hope he still plays Teemo. *edit* Nope, some weird Master Yi skin. =(

*edit again* 3 doran's blades! This is like season 3 or 4!

*postgame edit* They got up to 4 doran's blades, but the Irelia they were playing against went 5/1 and had 70 more farm. Not a good showing for The Rain Man. I consider it karma for not playing Teemo.

It was really fun watching the Lucian + Janna though. They, along with the Syndra, had some good coordination going with lining up combos and attacks from out of vision.

Sofo

Its because people have to adapt to the new jungle and I find not many people can adapt.

Yeah, thas has been my biggest issue in this patch. My jungling was never the strongest but now I keep having problems when to back when to hold a lane and overall I've lost a lot of map awareness when jungling. Also my ganks have been subpar at best, yesterday I tried Rengo for the first time and I was absolutely terrible. Since we were behind a bit (enemy team had the Devourer/Red smite Warwick combo..) I just built tank and then I was just useless because I didn't have damage and everytime I would go in I would die anyway because I am not that great (even when counting ferocity stacks and such).

Idk, I just bought Vi and tried her on a custom to see how she camps felt. I've always enjoyed her a lot when she was free, and she is "easy". Hopefully it goes well!

Tizoc

In all the games I've played against an enemy Zed, that Zed dominates and becomes unkillable.
I have gone against Zeds as Kayle but I just keep my distance and focus on farming.
What's the best way to take him out if he's ahead? His teleports are annoying...

zkylon

zkylewd
basically you need someone that can survive his ult, through zhonyas or general tankiness (aka a top laner), so you can stop his splitpushing and just wait it out until your team catches up while he falls off

he does fall off pretty hard as you get zhonyas on your mid and qss on your adc and he'll run out of options during teamfights

but if he's pretty fed he's really hard to deal with for sure

Brace yourselves, even less mechanical Ori players are coming.

i don't like ori hate

take it elsewhere

to deadnames land

Brace yourselves, even less mechanical Ori players are coming.
Damn straight I'm there
you should've bought cdr before a deathcap, specially since pantheon was hard carrying anyways

ori loves cdr

why are you taking cdr away from her
Well I'm not really used to the tear build - or Ori for that matter - so I was kind of playing by ear. So normally I want Morello's right after Tear if I go that build? Got it
Speaking of Vi, is she viable in Top lane?
Not really. You're likely not hitting any Qs outside of someone ganking for you and there goes a lot of your damage.

Blizzard

Banned
ori is super op thanks to chalice buff bug
I'm half paranoid to even buy chalice for fear Riot will ban everyone who had it in like, a month period even if they upgrade it.

That said, when I've had chalice, I still haven't seen this happen in any case whatsoever. Even with hardly any mana, the regen is normal. I mainly play ARAMs on NA, in case it's a region-specific or map-specific thing.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well I'm not really used to the tear build - or Ori for that matter - so I was kind of playing by ear. So normally I want Morello's right after Tear if I go that build? Got it
well, the way i generally do it is get tear + seekers. then it varies a bit. if zed's getting fed off a failed gank or something you might want to go straight for zhonyas, then get cdr. if zed's more passive or you're doing ok, you might want to test the waters and get a fiendish codex, then judge if it's worth it to finish morellos or go for zhonyas. seekers actually makes you pretty tanky as you're stacking it, so i find sitting on it is a pretty good idea. like, resist the temptation of buying a nlr even if you have enough money for it. in any case unless you're winning by a lot (and even then i find that resistances snowball pretty hard), you're gonna want to make zhonyas your first or second item for sure.

also sometimes against zed i skip the tear to buy athenes later. the build here is double dorans into zhonyas into athenes. i like it cos it makes you pretty brawly early on

I'm half paranoid to even buy chalice for fear Riot will ban everyone who had it in like, a month period even if they upgrade it.

That said, when I've had chalice, I still haven't seen this happen in any case whatsoever. Even with hardly any mana, the regen is normal. I mainly play ARAMs on NA, in case it's a region-specific or map-specific thing.
i still buy chalice like every game :p

i don't think it makes that much of a difference, the other mid is also buying chalice, right?

Yeah, I went Tear straight into Zhonya's in that second match because I fucked up and got baited into a gank at level 5, so I wanted to make sure Zed couldn't snowball off me. I went Deathcap after that because I got stupid fed off a couple teamfights and I had bought a Blasting Wand for whatever reason - should've went Codec in hindsight - so I just finished it and got a bajillion AP - never got that far in an Ori build, 200 magic damage autos are fun.

bidguy

Banned
In all the games I've played against an enemy Zed, that Zed dominates and becomes unkillable.
I have gone against Zeds as Kayle but I just keep my distance and focus on farming.
What's the best way to take him out if he's ahead? His teleports are annoying...

kayle should be a nightmare for zed

Leezard

You shouldn't just let him farm. If you are even out of lane, that means he won lane.

Don't keep your distance, you're Kayle, make him your bitch

Turn E on and auto auto auto auto auto auto and if he tries to trade back heal yourself and keep thrusting that sword up his butt. Kayle is one of Zed's worst nightmares, but you gotta play as such.

Tizoc

Don't keep your distance, you're Kayle, make him your bitch

Turn E on and auto auto auto auto auto auto and if he tries to trade back heal yourself and keep thrusting that sword up his butt. Kayle is one of Zed's worst nightmares, but you gotta play as such.

but minions...seriously the enemy minions go too aggro when i attack enemy champ >_>;
This becomes a bit of an issue when I'm farming since I'd risk not killing minions for gold.
Thanks for the tips tho, I'll use them if I ever go mid against a Zed.

bokn

Banned
this is cute tho

icv4CZq.png

the plushes are the best thing in the store

BlazinAm

The merch store is ridiculously slow, must be getting hit heavily. The posters seem like good value and the shirts as well.

yup. 1:1 with NA prices. :lol

I guess NA doesn't include tax but still. so dumb

I'd assume NA pricing is based on the states where Tencent operate from.

Sofo

f00Dvjo.png

Game went as expected vs a Diamond V person with 80 games played as Fiddle and a 61% winrate.

Top was the only one that was doing well (Zed and Kalista were terrible, same with Fizz support) and only because Fiddle ganked like 4 times (I ganked twice or so).

We got up to 4 dragons and I think at best they got only 1.

Is it ok for me to do such little damage? I went full damage until Fiddle started wrecking us. Really annoying to deal wit hhim tbh. Everytime we managed to kill him was a celebration: "yay, now he only has 10 stacks!". lol

Ashhong

Does anybody play on an ultrawide monitor? I was just gifted a 34" LG and am wondering how to set up league. Full screen seems a bit much. Haven't swt up the split screen yet so not sure how that works

Bacon

Played Shen jungle last night, it actually went pretty well. His first clears are pretty rough and my ganks basically consisted of hitting R whenever someone got into a fight, but I ended up tanky as fuck with a ton of assists.

Jeff-DSA

Nerf Azir, please.

You can totally dominate Azir in lane, but as soon as people start moving around the dude just starts wrecking house and scales up so fast. And if you get behind him in lane...surrender at 20.

drawkcaB

Is it ok for me to do such little damage? I went full damage until Fiddle started wrecking us. Really annoying to deal wit hhim tbh. Everytime we managed to kill him was a celebration: "yay, now he only has 10 stacks!". lol

Don't be too worried about your damage vs. champion stat as a jungler. Instead, focus on improving your kill participation; damage will follow. Also, 80 CS as a jungler in a ~45 minute game tells me you're going around the map aimlessly.

Nerf Azir, please.

You can totally dominate Azir in lane, but as soon as people start moving around the dude just starts wrecking house and scales up so fast. And if you get behind him in lane...surrender at 20.

I think Azir will be FOTM soon since he'll be allowed on tourneys. He can be very oppressive at top especially against melees.

Sofo

Don't be too worried about your damage vs. champion stat as a jungler. Instead, focus on improving your kill participation; damage will follow. Also, 80 CS as a jungler in a ~45 minute game tells me you're going around the map aimlessly.

Yeah, going around aimlessly plus constantly trying to gank ._.

Still working my way around! This last match I got a 51% kill participation! Could have gotten a couple because I did set up ganks/flanks but didn't get to touch them >_>; but I did influence the kill definitely! DD:

Newt

Fiddle is a disgustingly broken champion, and I'm happy that he's getting slaughtered next patch. Everything about this kit says "no counterplay".

Jeff-DSA

Fiddle is a disgustingly broken champion, and I'm happy that he's getting slaughtered next patch. Everything about this kit says "no counterplay".

I hate silence as a mechanic. Silence and suppress are both so stupid. Oh wait, one champ has a silence and a pseudo-suppress? Cool champ!

clemenx

Banned
Holy fuck, having 5th dragon + Baron is obscene. Hadn't seen it before before this ogn match. Riot really hates turtling.

Sofo

There are some games that are winnable...

jYN1DTO.png

This one wasn't one of them. ._.

(I was doing better than Nautilus at one point but bot pressure was too much then)

Newt

There are some games that are winnable...

jYN1DTO.png

This one wasn't one of them. ._.

(I was doing better than Nautilus at one point but bot pressure was too much then)
You should play ranked, then you don't have to deal with unbalanced teams like that.

Sofo

You should play ranked, then you don't have to deal with unbalanced teams like that.

Well yeaaah, but our Soraka is a person leveling to 30 (and still new to the game, though comes from doto) ._. so it's not like we can just do ranked matches instead of normals (not sure if my friends would like to anyway).

I am usually fine with a little challenge but yeah, when it hits on the "weak" lane then it gets really noticeable. I don't even get mad but, our friend that plays ADC picked Vayne... knowing he can't really rely on our Soraka. So I was a bit harsh with him about it but whatever, a loss is a loss!

Musician

Your honor, I present to you exhibit A.

0DiPW1v.png

The leave was a power outage...

Seriously! Try this build before she gets nerfed. It's hillarious!

jerd

You have a really low AP build, I bet something besides lich bane would be way more efficient for you. Just a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom