• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
tumblr_ng35evDHRW1qf98rzo1_1280.png

damn i had never seen this

shilin (who made the sona splash art and some crazy good riven art) is amazing

Sofo

Pretty sure I'm the only person who thinks both Eternum skins are ugly. Well, I'm done with my popular opinions for the day.

Nah, I mean, I think they have high quality but I don't get the concept of these two skins. Like yeah eternum and it's metal and flesh ok.

I need to hustle myself for some RPs, that Thresh splash art is glorious!

Pd. I'd like Sejuani splash art more if it was "crispier" in terms of defined lines (though I guess they were going for that motion blur).

bidguy

Banned
^aw it sounded like the guy who made it is associated with riot. thanks

i still dont get why blood moon thresh is happening but not this one

bloodmoonyasuo_by_daemonstar-d8794ty.jpg

totally fits him

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah, it's fan made

rito has turned some fan ideas into reality (kpop ahri <3) but it doesn't happen often cos riot is slow as fuck

anywho, elise skin got tweaked a lil bit more and now it's like half pink, half red

elise_updated.jpg

i i still like'd it full pink better but i can appreciate riot trying to please everybody

also really think this elise skin is my favorite in a long while

^aw it sounded like the guy who made it is associated with riot. thanks

i still dont get why blood moon thresh is happening but not this one

bloodmoonyasuo_by_daemonstar-d8794ty.jpg

totally fits him
maybe at some other point

i'm sure they'll make more yasuu skins

------------

edit: btw i just noticed ori in the background of sej's splash:

that's super cool

i love when they do that

Sofo

I'm thinking of returning Lulu, that I bought with RPs when it was on sale and buy Vel'koz.

I kinda bought her out of nostalgia, as she was the first champion I played ever, but I sucked as her on top lane and I don't even play that lane often if at all, and I really like Vel'koz as far as passive and damage goes. And he can be a mean support too!

Idk, thoughts?

Leezard

I think lulu is kind of in a bad position right now. If you like to play her it's probably ok, but I would never spend rp on lulu.

Tizoc

Thresh's had like 2 skins within the past 3 months, what other champs got more than 1 skin in that period?

Sofo

I'd stick with Lulu. Vel'Koz is pretty clunky and pretty shitty outside of supporting, and even then he's ok at best

I think lulu is kind of in a bad position right now. If you like to play her it's probably ok, but I would never spend rp on lulu.

Return her and save the RP for skins. Buy Velkoz with IP and eventually Lulu. Velkoz is quite fun as magesupp.

To be completely honest, I haven't played Lulu for anything since I bought her besides Hexakills and 2 normals (if at all) and I don't like her kit as much as I did. It was an impulse buy.. and I was hoping for her to become my staple in the top lane but yeah.. fuck the top lane. ;o

I might return Jayce and Lulu and get Blood Moon Thresh. ;_; I hate you RITO! I USED TO MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT SKINS.

Really? I mention it because there was a time when most threshes I played with and against used the Championship skin so I assumed it was released at around the time of Championship Morgana.

You're confusing the Victorious line of skins for the Championship ones. First ones are the end of season rewards for Gold and up and Championship ones are in celebration of the World championship of League. Championship Thresh was open to be bought again when Championship Shyvana was released, but the skin itself was from season 3 if I remember correctly.

Really? I mention it because there was a time when most threshes I played with and against used the Championship skin so I assumed it was released at around the time of Championship Morgana.
Championship Thresh is from last season. This season's Championship skin was Shyv's

Tizoc

My bad then, that Thresh skin's cool though.
Guess I'll get Sejuani later today.

Could someone provide tips for jungling with Vi and Seju please, runes, masteries etc.

Lately with jungling I tend to start either at the large frog or the 2 rock monsters next to Red.

cHinzo

Yeah the new Elise splash art looks lovely. :>
Don't really like the Thresh skin, but the Ori and Sejuani poro skins look great too.

bidguy

Banned
maybe at some other point

i'm sure they'll make more yasuu skins

------------

yea but the ones they made so far are pretty ugly imo

that blood moon one could need some small tweaks and it would be perfect

id pay serious $$ for that one :(

If xPeke is smart it's a good move for him. He's easily the most popular player still. At least the most recognizable.

could also be a terrible move, looking at Ocelote and Alex Ich. While you can debate the talent of Ocelote, history has shown that leaving your organisation to set up a Challenger series team has not worked out well.

Ocelote was the most popular player of SK Gaming as well and nowadays he can't even get people to watch his stream anymore

If their new team doesn't work out they just basically nuked their professional careers.

Pretty sure I'm the only person who thinks both Eternum skins are ugly. Well, I'm done with my popular opinions for the day.
No, I'm with you. There's nothing remotely memorable about the Eternum skins save for how generic they look. Seems pointless to continue that skin line too with how the Battlecasts as well as the Mechas (tacky as they may be) are superior in execution and actually have distinguishable characteristics to speak of. Rek'sai's and Nocturne's global screeching is also grating as fuck.

I'd stick with Lulu. Vel'Koz is pretty clunky and pretty shitty outside of supporting, and even then he's ok at best
Eh, mid Vel'koz is far from awful (quite the opposite even) and his supporting is a shallow gimmick more than anything. He wouldn't be getting such a bad rep if it weren't for his Q scaring players off.

btw that Elise splash is 10/10 sexy scary please-don't-hurt-me-or-actually-maybe-do-please waifu material
She's also sitting on people in a way that isn't banned by the UK.

Sofo

Had the ideal Annie support game. Really bad Vayne and Thresh, and enemy Fiddlesticks honored me because I had his entire jungle warded and he couldn't pull many good ults (he did at first, but once I was strong enough to ward on my own, it was over).

f95RqGD.png

I could have done a bit more if Zed and Vi didn't hate me so much ._. they kept using their ults on me! That could have spared me at least 3-4 deaths!

Also had some nice ARAMs with Mr Dobe :3 They were fun! I never knew how fun it is to have a quick finger on Sivir's E.

Hearing her saying "Nice try." feels awesome haha.

Newt

I could have done a bit more if Zed and Vi didn't hate me so much ._. they kept using their ults on me! That could have spared me at least 3-4 deaths!

Also had some nice ARAMs with Mr Dobe :3 They were fun! I never knew how fun it is to have a quick finger on Sivir's E.

Hearing her saying "Nice try." feels awesome haha.
They need to add more lines for her E, lol.
http://images.wikia.com/leagueoflegends/images/3/36/Sivir.ascensionSelf02.ogg
http://images.wikia.com/leagueoflegends/images/a/ad/Sivir.ascensionSelf01.ogg

garath

So anyone on pbe want to tell me about jungle reksai?

Is it viable? Should I be pumped for her release?

I've watched Oddone and Nightblue3 jungle her quite a bit. She's definitely not the worst jungler there is. I'm buying the bundle. Don't care. She'll get buffs if she sucks that much. Her clears and sustain are good. Ganks meh. Very mobile with the tunnels. Could counter jungle like a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom