• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
i'm forcing myself to play this poro thing for the icons. God damn this is horrible.

Like most of these fun seasonal modes that Riot implements, the overall fun players experience decreases exponentially as a meta develops around the game mode.

Like most of these fun seasonal modes that Riot implements, the overall fun players experience decreases exponentially as a meta develops around the game mode.

It's nice that they let players ban some of the more objectionable characters (Lux) at the start of each game. But there is a noticeable amount of poke comps now that champ select isn't completely random.

Leezard

It's nice that they let players ban some of the more objectionable characters (Lux) at the start of each game. But there is a noticeable amount of poke comps now that champ select isn't completely random.

It's better than normal arams since poke comps aren't inherently stronger. Tanks and assassins are really useful here, adcs are still ace. The added gap closer does a lot to help initiator tanks.

Galio and Alistar are really OP.

Tizoc

I have not won a single match, NOT ONE match in Poro King mode. Fucking hell, this last one EVERYONE was soloing. Idiots ugh.

ANyways is Sejuani viable at top?

Nekofrog

Banned
tnmUckU.jpg

strike 1 - fizz feeds zed 4 kills in laning phase

strike 2 - yi DC's for 15 minutes

strike 3 - win a teamfight in our base with 2 inhibs down and fizz/yi go to try and get a tower while we have minions wreaking havoc in our base. fizz executes on a tower and we get nothing.

strike 4 - yi teleports into the enemy team and dies instantly instead of just waiting as we kite back and kill them 1 by 1.

:(

edit: there was a point when Yi was still gone that newt and I literally 2v4'd them.

Nev

Banned
what happens when fizz use playful/trickster when zed ult. can fizz avoid the ult and does zed's ult goes on cooldown?

Fizz is a disgusting champion and that specific ability of him is the most stupid thing about him, so if you assume the other champion with come off worse you will always guess right.

Jeff-DSA

I tried out Poro King mode or whatever it's called. I had Zyra, and she was really strong. The other team had Ezreal and Zilean, so that was incredibly annoying, but we won after I caught almost their entire team in an ult as they were taking down our nexus towers and we pushed it back on them after an ace. It was pretty exciting, actually.

But I hate ARAM, so I might play a handful more and then let it go.

GET IT? LET IT GO?!

Fizz is a disgusting champion and that specific ability of him is the most stupid thing about him, so if you assume the other champion with come off worse you will always guess right.

I've been playing Fizz recently and I'm pretty shocked at how easy it is to all in someone at level 3 if you're running ignite. His damage spike before any major items is just silly.

I'm actually ok with playful/trickster as it is. I think his damage output is more problematic.

I've been playing Fizz recently and I'm pretty shocked at how easy it is to all in someone at level 3 if you're running ignite. His damage spike before any major items is just silly.

I'm actually ok with playful/trickster as it is. I think his damage output is more problematic.
It's also shocking how easy it is to fight back / put him in his place and make his laning phase miserable as someone who isn't a squishy AP champion.

Jeff-DSA

It's also shocking how easy it is to fight back / put him in his place and make his laning phase miserable as someone who isn't a squishy AP champion.

Yeah, since he essentially has to melee the minions you can zone him pretty hard. You just always have to be ready to get away whenever he decides it's time to go in on you. It's really hard to survive ganks due to the damage output though. Half the time you're dead before the shark even jumps.

But again, I think Fizz is ok. He's scary, but manageable. Unless you're playing Twisted Fate...you're so screwed in that match up.

zkylon

zkylewd
fizz vs ori matchup is pretty funny cos like you destroy him so hard before six that it's like he finally gets to have his revenege when he unlocks shark

but yeah fizz is a pretty sucky champion, i don't like w at all since it makes trading against him annoying cos he messes up your potions

Nev

Banned

It's also shocking how easy it is for Fizz to get one or two -almost always undeserved- kills in or out of lane and snowball to the point where his laning phase is mostly irrelevant, like Akali, Irelia and similar toxic champions.

zkylon

zkylewd
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/gameplay/rune-combiner-t1/t2-runes

To clarify, these changes aren’t part of our long-term plans for the overall rune system (still working on those!) and generally won’t affect most level 30s – they’re a quick fix specifically focused on making things smoother for new players.

no more rune combiner
no more scaling tier 1 and tier 2 runes
no more secondary tier 1 and tier 2 runes
price reductions/standarizing for rest of the tier 1 and tier 2 runes

for people with runes already no changes (you won't lose your runes and you won't get ip back or whatever)

cool changes for people starting up

edit: added the highlighted part since people don't seem to be actually clicking on the link :p

Leezard

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/gameplay/rune-combiner-t1/t2-runes

no more rune combiner

for people with runes already no changes (you won't lose your runes and you won't get ip back or whatever)

It helps new people to get decent rune pages for next to no IP. That's a good thing. They will still need to put down much RP for tier 3 runes so it doesn't solve the problem, but this is a decent step forward.

zkylon

zkylewd
Or, or, get this, we just ditch the idea of using IP on runes and instead use our IP on buying rune pages.

that's very unlikely to happen since runes are an important part of the ip economy and without that money sink most people would probably never buy champions for rp

same way for rune pages. 4 is all you ever need, so they can't really increase the number of free rune pages.

It helps new people to get decent rune pages for next to no IP. That's a good thing. They will still need to put down much RP for tier 3 runes so it doesn't solve the problem, but this is a decent step forward.
it'd be cool if you could maybe upgrade your runes by spending the difference?

a big rebalance of t3 rune prices is also needed, some regular runes like cdr cost more than some quints

no more rune combiner

This sounds like such a roundabout way of doing what Riot intends to do.

Riot doesn't need to appease their veteran players. They've already invested so much time and money into the game they're not going to abandon it.

Bringing in new players though, that's what they're focusing on.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Riot doesn't need to appease their veteran players. They've already invested so much time and money into the game they're not going to abandon it.

Pretty much. More IP spent on T3 runes mean less IP spent on champs. Which means more RP spent on buying champions on sale because you have no IP.

zkylon

zkylewd
Pretty much. More IP spent on T3 runes mean less IP spent on champs. Which means more RP spent on buying champions on sale because you have no IP.

yeah, t3 runeprices are tied directly into the revenue model so very unlikely to see major changes there.

i would appreciate a bit of a standarization for t3s tho, since the prices are all over the place

garath

That's exactly it. They're trying to bridge the gap a little bit for the new players getting up to speed in the game. Since the rune system is so strongly tied in with gameplay, it's very daunting for new players to get going.

Burt

Poro King is ez mode. Pick Galio, press D, press D again, press R.

Other easy win champs: Teemo, Twitch (Fing to the Poro King doesn't break stealth), Singed.

Also, Soraka can heal the Poro King, if you feel like being a team player.

garath

Poro King is ez mode. Pick Galio, press D, press D again, press R.

Other easy win champs: Teemo, Twitch (Fing to the Poro King doesn't break stealth), Singed.

Also, Soraka can heal the Poro King, if you feel like being a team player.

D? Ignite? Exhaust? Heal? Not following.

zkylon

zkylewd

in poro king mode your summoners get replaced by special spells.

one of them (the one he has set to d) is replaced by 2000 range lee sin q which makes basically every champion an initiator

and completely breaks champions like alistar who shouldn't be able to have a ridiculous range gapcloser

speaking of poro king, the showmatch is about to begin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CusJuvqeefU&channel=LoLChampSeries

Burt

In Poro King, your summoners are mode-specific. D is a Poro throw, and if you hit someone you can teleport to them on recast. Basically, a free gap close with about 6 trillion range. Land one in the middle of the enemy team with a champion like Galio or Singed that's super strong in the fray and has their weakness designed around not having a gap close and it's pretty much fight over, assuming you don't have a bunch of complete idiots for teammates.

I've seen Darius do serious work too.

garath

in poro king mode your summoners get replaced by special spells.

one of them (the one he has set to d) is replaced by 2000 range lee sin q which makes basically every champion an initiator

and completely breaks champions like alistar who shouldn't be able to have a ridiculous range gapcloser

speaking of poro king, the showmatch is about to begin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CusJuvqeefU&channel=LoLChampSeries

In Poro King, your summoners are mode-specific. D is a Poro throw, and if you hit someone you can teleport to them on recast. Basically, a free gap close with about 6 trillion range. Land one in the middle of the enemy team with a champion like Galio or Singed that's super strong in the fray or has their weakness designed around not having a gap close and it's pretty much fight over, assuming you don't have a bunch of complete idiots for teammates.

I've seen Darius do serious work too.

Oh my. That is really weird.

Obviously I haven't played it yet :p

Jeff-DSA

I played it once. I used Zyra. She was good because of her snares and ult allowing you to make it very easy for your teammates to land poro hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom