• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Man... my skills have deteriorated to bronze level. This is pretty terrible... I feel like i'm slowly getting worse and worse at videos games. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I feel like my motor skills are just devolving massively. It's not even in video games. My reactions in life are just generally slower... *sigh*

Sofo

I got a few games for the Xbox One. Shadows of Mordor, AssCreed Unity and Black Flag, and Far Cry 4. My brothers got call of duty and a bunch of sports game so I'm sure we'll share.

I got a remote car starter, which will be awesome for the cold winter mornings.

A bunch of clothes.

And in the Yankee Swap with my cousins I got a couple books on making cocktails.

Maybe I'll treat myself to a skin later.

:)

Nice! That's a whole lotta stuff O_O

One of the favorite things I got is an electric toothbrush. It's the very first one I have and I love it! It even has a small remote screen that tells you how long left in an area etc! It's like teeth brushing endgame, because you also earn stars and stuff ;o

I really haven't had time to play league lately with all these family dinners, I might skip the one today (26th) because honestly I just want a damn afternoon of relax before my niece comes to overnight on Saturday ._. Time to beat his ass on Mario kart and Smash! It's funny, was talking about it with my partner about how when we were young, we kids were the ones crushing adults In video games, and now it's the opposite. I guess that's what happens when they just play pay2win iOS games and stuff like that ;o

I remember kicking ass on goldeneye 64 versus my older cousins!

Either way I hope I get to play some normals soon!

Aatrox at least takes some thought.
ntB2KhM.gif

gamma

Sorry to hear that. I haven't encountered a troll in ranked for months. Bad players, sure, but trolls are really rare. It might be a difference among ranks, though.

Thanks. I'm silver so it's probably the worst there. Just finished my first game today and of course I had a guy go afk in the middle of the game. Yay.

Jeff-DSA

Thanks. I'm silver so it's probably the worst there. Just finished my first game today and of course I had a guy go afk in the middle of the game. Yay.

Silver was worse than Bronze and far, far worse than it is for me in Gold. Silver is pretty rough, man.

Edwardo

Nice! That's a whole lotta stuff O_O

One of the favorite things I got is an electric toothbrush. It's the very first one I have and I love it! It even has a small remote screen that tells you how long left in an area etc! It's like teeth brushing endgame, because you also earn stars and stuff ;o

I really haven't had time to play league lately with all these family dinners, I might skip the one today (26th) because honestly I just want a damn afternoon of relax before my niece comes to overnight on Saturday ._. Time to beat his ass on Mario kart and Smash! It's funny, was talking about it with my partner about how when we were young, we kids were the ones crushing adults In video games, and now it's the opposite. I guess that's what happens when they just play pay2win iOS games and stuff like that ;o

I remember kicking ass on goldeneye 64 versus my older cousins!

Either way I hope I get to play some normals soon!

Haha that's pretty cool. Toothbrush minigames.

Ya my brothers are the same way. Other than cod or some sports games, they mostly play stuff on their phones or tablets.

I love having family visit. My cousin and his wife are here from Washington DC until tomorrow, so its great spending time with them since I only really see them a couple times a year. They rly aren't into videogames, so we can find other stuff to do. Actually now that I think of it, I'm really the only one out of my generation of cousins that is still enjoying videogames.

Last night I logged into league and was suprised with mystery gifts from my friends. I got Sherwood Forest Ashe, Musketeer Twisted Fate, and Red Card Katarina.

gamma

Silver was worse than Bronze and far, far worse than it is for me in Gold. Silver is pretty rough, man.

Yeah, from what I've heard, silver is the worst.

He gains 6 from champions, cannon minions and large monsters.

So I decide to play a 2nd game. SURPRISE. 1 guy buys his items, goes to lane, backs and stays afk for the rest of the game without saying anything. In the last 4 games I had 3 afks and now I'm back to silver 5. I'm just gonna uninstall.

Tizoc

How should I be using Braum as support?
With Sona I tend to poke with her Q a lot so I'm not so sure if I should poke with Q if I see an opnening and rush in to get his passive maxed out with my adc.

Bacon

How should I be using Braum as support?
With Sona I tend to poke with her Q a lot so I'm not so sure if I should poke with Q if I see an opnening and rush in to get his passive maxed out with my adc.

You definitely want to poke with q to get the first hit on his passive but you also want to have enough mana to jump to your adc and shield as well.

Sofo

So I decide to play a 2nd game. SURPRISE. 1 guy buys his items, goes to lane, backs and stays afk for the rest of the game without saying anything. In the last 4 games I had 3 afks and now I'm back to silver 5. I'm just gonna uninstall.

If this is all it takes for you to feel frustrated with ranked, just don't play it. You need to be able to just shake it off because even in the games you won't have AFKs, you will still lose games that you won lane and such. Use games that are likely lost as games to practice mechanics/farming/map awareness and maybe even try to make plays.

Overall, don't try to play ranked to "rank", but to improve yourself and to be able to place yourself in a position to be able to carry in the future (analysing what you need to do to win/getting bounties out of certain targets/keep getting powerspikes etc). Also remember that you are playing the game to have fun and enjoy (or at least I hope), so try to take a break if that's what you need.

Haha that's pretty cool. Toothbrush minigames.

Ya my brothers are the same way. Other than cod or some sports games, they mostly play stuff on their phones or tablets.

I love having family visit. My cousin and his wife are here from Washington DC until tomorrow, so its great spending time with them since I only really see them a couple times a year. They rly aren't into videogames, so we can find other stuff to do. Actually now that I think of it, I'm really the only one out of my generation of cousins that is still enjoying videogames.

Last night I logged into league and was suprised with mystery gifts from my friends. I got Sherwood Forest Ashe, Musketeer Twisted Fate, and Red Card Katarina.

That's pretty cool! Isn't Red Card Kat legacy? Or at least not available? Sounds like a good pick! Yeah I think that of all my cousins (my father has 9 other siblings... so we are quite the family) I am like one of two or three that still plays videogames on daily basis. I will always remember christmas time as playing "king of the hill" on fighting games like Smash bros 64 or Soul Calibur 2 on the PS2 and staying undefeated. ;o Then there was the typical cousin that would beat me with cheesy repetitive moves too... /rage inducing.

I honestly don't see the appeal of phone/tablet gaming. Like I do have some games but it's mostly when I can get them for free and they feel so uninteresting too! Idk, I just can't get into them. ._.

zkylon

zkylewd
the problem with most phone games is that they're made so you can never really improve or gain a deeper understanding because they're built around you having to spend currency to progress aka grinding.

there's almost never a degree of personal skill to develop so you only get far into the game because you've spent X time or Y money on it that you're allowed to progress

i used to dump like half an hour every day to jetpack joyride, just buying upgrades and seeing my scores go up until i stopped to think and realized all the progress i had made was because i had just played enough that "make-the-game-easier" stuff had unlocked while i still had the same chance of dying in the first 5 seconds as the first time i played the damned game

which is like the reason mobile gaming is for the most part fast food garbage and aaa gaming in many ways also is.

nothing like super hexagon's simple beauty of design lemme tell ya!

Tizoc

edit: http://www.twitch.tv/wingsofdeath
^PBE if anyone's interested.

If this is all it takes for you to feel frustrated with ranked, just don't play it. You need to be able to just shake it off because even in the games you won't have AFKs, you will still lose games that you won lane and such. Use games that are likely lost as games to practice mechanics/farming/map awareness and maybe even try to make plays.

Overall, don't try to play ranked to "rank", but to improve yourself and to be able to place yourself in a position to be able to carry in the future (analysing what you need to do to win/getting bounties out of certain targets/keep getting powerspikes etc). Also remember that you are playing the game to have fun and enjoy (or at least I hope), so try to take a break if that's what you need.

That's pretty cool! Isn't Red Card Kat legacy? Or at least not available? Sounds like a good pick! Yeah I think that of all my cousins (my father has 9 other siblings... so we are quite the family) I am like one of two or three that still plays videogames on daily basis. I will always remember christmas time as playing "king of the hill" on fighting games like Smash bros 64 or Soul Calibur 2 on the PS2 and staying undefeated. ;o Then there was the typical cousin that would beat me with cheesy repetitive moves too... /rage inducing.

I honestly don't see the appeal of phone/tablet gaming. Like I do have some games but it's mostly when I can get them for free and they feel so uninteresting too! Idk, I just can't get into them. ._.

Yeah I got frustrated with solo Q ranked that I stopped playing it and mainly do normal matches and ARAM now.
I'm waiting for my friend to get off his lazy ass and get internet installed in his place so we can duo ranked and I manage to leave Silver :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom