• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Im sorry naoto, but that game was bullshit.

I knew I should of followed my instinct of: "If someone dodges, its a sign of trouble. Get the fuck out of queue."

Ferga

I play support like I play jungle. I roam the shit out of the map with Thresh and get my solo lanes ahead.

Screw staying bot, adcs are never good in solo queue.

I'm not even exaggerating here. I spend less than 30% of laning phase at bot. I start roaming after my sightstone purchase.

Calvero

Banned
I play support like I play jungle. I roam the shit out of the map with Thresh and get my solo lanes ahead.

Screw staying bot, adcs are never good in solo queue.

I'm not even exaggerating here. I spend less than 30% of laning phase at bot. I start roaming after my sightstone purchase.

how does that usually work out for you?

jerd

I knew I should of followed my instinct of: "If someone dodges, its a sign of trouble. Get the fuck out of queue."

Always do this. Always. It only takes an extra minute or so

If you're right you'll never know but if you're wrong you'll be miserable for half an hour. I've been burned too many times by just taking my chances with it

I do the same thing on support. Just lock ali or leona or braum or anyone else who has mad ganks and win your lane fast then go win mid lane for them. Your adc will rage and cry and call you an aphromoo wannabe (every fucking time) but you have a way bigger impact on the game.

I do the same thing and works decently. I tend to do it with mobile adc (one's that have a dash or jump like Corki, Trist, Lucian, Graves, Cait). You do it with like Jinx as your adc they are just going to 2v1 dive her all day and easily cost you a game.

Ferga

I think I've won all my thresh support games since I started doing that.

I realised I was good at hitting hooks but hitting hooks in lane doesnt mean crap if my adc doesn't know how to harrass or control a wave properly.

So i take my skills to mid and get kills for my mid laner. Plus my roaming usually ends up with me using all my sightstone charges in the enemy jungle so getting ganked is almost impossible.

Calvero

Banned
I do the same thing and works decently. I tend to do it with mobile adc (one's that have a dash or jump like Corki, Trist, Lucian, Graves, Cait). You do it with like Jinx as your adc they are just going to 2v1 dive her all day and easily cost you a game.

I think I've won all my thresh support games since I started doing that.

I realised I was good at hitting hooks but hitting hooks in lane doesnt mean crap if my adc doesn't know how to harrass or control a wave properly.

So i take my skills to mid and get kills for my mid laner. Plus my roaming usually ends up with me using all my sightstone charges in the enemy jungle so getting ganked is almost impossible.

I need to try this the next time I play support. Everytime I try to roam, our ADC is usually...very unpleasant to interact with.

I need to try this the next time I play support. Everytime I try to roam, our ADC is usually...very unpleasant to interact with.

That's what the mute button is for. There's been plenty of jungle game where I camp the shit out of top/bot and ignore the two raging idiots in bot. I swear to you I had a game where I was jungle and the score was like 13-3 (in our favor).

I got top to be like 6-0-3, mid was like 5-0-4, and I was like 2-0-X (whatever it was). We are up like 2 dragons to 0. Up in towers, mid and top are just basically rofflestomping. And bot is crying why aren't you ganking for us. blah blah blah. I just hit the mute button continue to snowball mid/top. We go on to win the game and right before we do I unmute them and say enjoy getting carried and stfu. Then of course they start cursing and shit but by that time the victory screen is already up.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Can I just be plat again please? Also Naut is so easy mode broken as support.

54lrvoi.png

Ferga

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1891343338/34551229?tab=overview

Just played this game. Roamed mid all game while casually killing corki with hooks/ignite in lane. Straight up denied velkoz and hecarim from doing anything this game.

Most kill contribution in the game.

This is how you win with support.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Yes, you win support by roaming and snowballing lanes like a mini jungler. Not always by just winning lane.

How many games I've lost because shithead team mates want to sit in front of the enemy fountain and taunt instead of ending. The world would be a better place if certain people were strangled at birth.

zkylon

zkylewd
6myxOVTa2NQEcQ0X

i just play lots of this guy

he may not have op numbers anymore but whatever, there's no other support that's more fun to me than the one and only threshie

lulu and nami are close

killatopak

Gold Member
Yes, you win support by roaming and snowballing lanes like a mini jungler. Not always by just winning lane.

Yeah I think it works like that. I've been watching pro games and most of the time the support roams every lane like a jungle.

I wanna do it too but my biggest problems is when. When do you roam and when do you not roam? Since I don't know when to do it, I just kinda stay in my lane and make it win. I'm afraid that I'll just waste time roaming and risk my adc getting killed.

Ferga

I find thresh pretty op but holy shit Riot still needs to fix the buggy ass flash flay.

It doesn't respond properly 60% of the time.

Tizoc

I'm starting to like Top Rumble, but man this recent game our bot failed miserably and out Voli hardly ganked top. Eventually our jungle voli afked and didn't participate, I reported that scrub.
Instead of complaining while we're losing teh game do something, push a lane, help mid or top

RoySFNR

Botlane is only there for toplaners to get free kills from with TP ganks anyway. ADC's can't carry shit unless we're talking stupid fed Vayne or Tristana turret taking.

killatopak

Gold Member
Bought Mecha Kha. I finally completed the mecha set. I wish there were more of it like the battlecast ones.

I don't know if the yasuo one counts though but I'll buy it if they make a project riven.

Tizoc

Yes, old Atmas impaler gave you AD depending on your max HP. Current Maw of Malmortius gives you AD depending on missing HP.

Umm Atma gave you AD based on Armor didn't it?
EDIT: Wait Wiki states you get AD based on HP, but it wasn't a big amount.

Didn't know about that Maw change, let me look it up...

zkylon

zkylewd
she kills sivir with passive autoattack (with nashors effect), shield pop and ulti

they were like 10k ahead and di had 11 kills so i guess doesn't really represent your average diana, but it's pretty insane, specially since she didn't have lich bane yet

drawkcaB

yea naut is pretty dumb

No, you're dumb!

Having a rough go recently at support. My Braum-Nami-Sona-Zyra pool just hasn't been working out recently. I'm not playing aggressive enough and it's been a fairly prolonged rut. Not sure if I should be swapping out champions.

Pancakes

No, you're dumb!

Having a rough go recently at support. My Braum-Nami-Sona-Zyra pool just hasn't been working out recently. I'm not playing aggressive enough and it's been a fairly prolonged rut. Not sure if I should be swapping out champions.

Sona, Nami, Zyra are too punishing to play in this meta. 1 mistake and you are boned. Braum is okay but still requires some finesse to play properly.

Why should I play difficult and punishing champs like Nami and Sona when I can just faceroll as Janna and Nautilus. No point in playing any other supports.

Sona, Nami, Zyra are too punishing to play in this meta. 1 mistake and you are boned. Braum is okay but still requires some finesse to play properly.

Why should I play difficult and punishing champs like Nami and Sona when I can just faceroll as Janna and Nautilus. No point in playing any other supports.

Start building them AP

AP Sona all day

win ever time

Pancakes

And then you get hit by a light breeze and die instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom