• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What about healing spells cast on allies? Is that one increased too?
just read the text....
Unique: Increases effectiveness of all sources of healing including health regen, life steal and spell vamp by 20%.
spirit visage amplifies heals on the wearer from all sources. if an ally heals someone with spirit visage it will heal for more. spirit visage will not amplify a player's heal on targets that do not have spirit visage.

drawkcaB

Played Braum with Newt, went well enough. It was nice to play with higher MMR players just to get a different feel to the usual shitters I play with when I evaluate myself and my champion picks.

Even though we won, I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not a good Braum player, which is a shame since I really like him. I love his teamfight presence but laning is, for lack of a better description, a chore. I can't seem to punish the opposing duo the way I can with my other support picks and I generally feel like my best move is to play off whatever the opposing laners give me as opposed to imposing myself on them. The Nami game I played after felt so much comfortable even though the results after laning phase weren't hugely different. Kill participation numbers are quite better on Nami as well.

I'm still more or less lost as to where my own inability to play Braum ends, and where me pushing him to be something he's not just to suit my playstyle begins. It doesn't help that I'm playing TB mostly and if it were draft I think I would have picked him in maybe 25% of my games. Any rate, gonna put more time in with my other supports and then pick him up later on. Still need another, I think, gonna experiment some more, probably some more Zilean and throw in some Thresh. I'll have to wait for the patch to fix that dumb Zilean bug though.

Leezard

Re: the Nami zyra etc. discussion, I have to agree that they are a bit too risky for the reward right now. Bot lane meta is so passive right now since you get punished by top lane tps etc for aggressive moves. Sure, Nami is still viable and I maintain a 58 per cent win rate with her up to mid diamond, but there's so much risk compared to Janna who can just play passive all day. It's a shame since nami is so much fun.

I don't think the new zekes item will help since Janna will probably be the best support to use it.

Tizoc

just read the text....

spirit visage amplifies heals on the wearer from all sources. if an ally heals someone with spirit visage it will heal for more. spirit visage will not amplify a player's heal on targets that do not have spirit visage.

Thanks just wanted that clarified.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
They're all right, everyone else just feels like they're trying to be esport casters without ever having seen an esports caster

And then there's super cringy stuff like PG 13 Yipes narrating with his girlfriend
Well their not really professionals but more of people you wanna hang out at bars.

Well their not really professionals but more of people you wanna hang out at bars.
That's the thing though, I'm not asking for pro casters, FGC narration always had a style of its own but ever since this "Capcom LCS" thing started they've been trying to mimic that and they're just not good at it.

It was sloppy but hype and fun but now it just sounds forced and fake.

Ferga

I forgot how much teemo did since I haven't seen him in more than 500 games.

Straight up got one shot from 90-95% life at level 4 with Q-auto-auto-ignite.

V_Arnold

One shot does not mean "got killed". One shot means ONE hit. Like dying to a Veigar Ult with 1000+ap. That is one-shot, and it very rarely happens in LoL :p

/grammar nitpicking off

Tizoc

Teemo is annoying to lane against unless you have a champ that can poke him to hell and back throughout the lanning phase.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Re: the Nami zyra etc. discussion, I have to agree that they are a bit too risky for the reward right now. Bot lane meta is so passive right now since you get punished by top lane tps etc for aggressive moves. Sure, Nami is still viable and I maintain a 58 per cent win rate with her up to mid diamond, but there's so much risk compared to Janna who can just play passive all day. It's a shame since nami is so much fun.

I don't think the new zekes item will help since Janna will probably be the best support to use it.

i've played zyra in every meta for a year and a half now, this is faaaaaaaaaaar from being the riskiest meta i've played her in, honestly i think you guys are all overstating this passive meta thing.

sure its true that the solo lanes are strong now and tp is ubiquitous, but those are reasons not to play supports like annie or karma or maybe morg, but zyra and nami both have pretty strong anti-diving mechanics and notably the solo lanes that are popular are not the assassins that traditionally nullified a zyra/nami's kit.

tl;dr: trust your waifu with your laifu
4hqQB94.jpg

Leezard

One shot does not mean "got killed". One shot means ONE hit. Like dying to a Veigar Ult with 1000+ap. That is one-shot, and it very rarely happens in LoL :p

/grammar nitpicking off
In the strict sense, yes. Common usage in league means that in league context it is one combo or simply very fast. I got bothered by it too, long ago.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I'd expect Zyra's disengage to be really valuable in this meta as far as supports go
yeah.
and zed is disabled, leblanc is gone, fizz is rarer, junglers are building devourer and not being tanky the first time you meet them and utility adc's are more common. zyra heaven.

not being a nami player, my gut reaction is she'd be even better off.

Tizoc

i've played zyra in every meta for a year and a half now, this is faaaaaaaaaaar from being the riskiest meta i've played her in, honestly i think you guys are all overstating this passive meta thing.

sure its true that the solo lanes are strong now and tp is ubiquitous, but those are reasons not to play supports like annie or karma or maybe morg, but zyra and nami both have pretty strong anti-diving mechanics and notably the solo lanes that are popular are not the assassins that traditionally nullified a zyra/nami's kit.

4hqQB94.jpg

I see you maxed out Frost Queen's Charm.

I'll get Zyra once she goes on sale and try her out as Supp.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I see you maxed out Frost Queen's Charm.

I'll get Zyra once she goes on sale and try her out as Supp.

i'd probably go coin/targon on any other champion, zyra just has a very easy time of using her spelltheif stacks because of her great range and the stats/extra slow on the active of FQC itself are nice.

spelltheif is kind of weak right now imo, its just particularly good with zyra.

Leezard

4hqQB94.jpg
I'm just a bit sad I'm forced to play more passive than I like, and supports that prefer playing passive are hard to punish due to the buffed coin.

Spellthief is getting buffed next patch though
This would be really nice.

What's the situation with Soraka right now? I've had fun playing her full ad in the top lane, but currently she feels very lack luster right now.

Edwardo

In the strict sense, yes. Common usage in league means that in league context it is one combo or simply very fast. I got bothered by it too, long ago.

Same. A one shot is literally one skill killing someone. Or at least that's how it always was coming from other games. It's like how I still hear ppl calling splitpushing backdooring.

garath

I tried using spellthief on Morgana as support last night. I didn't have nearly as much money as I did with coin and I was sorely missing that engage coin provides. I regret it immensely.

killatopak

Gold Member
How do you increase a laptops fps beyond 60?

I know my laptop can do better but even if I put it on uncapped it still stays at 60.

Do I need to buy a 120Hz monitor or is there some hidden settings on the laptop to get rid of the cap.

Newt

I know my laptop can do better but even if I put it on uncapped it still stays at 60.

Do I need to buy a 120Hz monitor or is there some hidden settings on the laptop to get rid of the cap.
Set the quality to low?

I get 120 FPS and I have like Intel 4000 integrated, playing on medium. Shouldn't be too hard.

jerd

Vsync caps it at 60 for some reason for me

60fps when its on but like 300something with it off

I also have a 60 hz monitor so maybe that has something to do with it idk too much about that stuff

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Vsync caps it at 60 for some reason for me

60fps when its on but like 300something with it off

I also have a 60 hz monitor so maybe that has something to do with it idk too much about that stuff

Well yea, vertical sync is supposed to sync the framerate to your monitor's refresh rate...c'mon guys. It's meant to reduce tearing if you have that issue.

I tried using spellthief on Morgana as support last night. I didn't have nearly as much money as I did with coin and I was sorely missing that engage coin provides. I regret it immensely.

When I do play an AP support I get spellthief just for lane and then sell it for T2 coin upgrade once laning is over. The engage, passive gold generation, and other stats are too good to pass up.

Musician

When I do play an AP support I get spellthief just for lane and then sell it for T2 coin upgrade once laning is over. The engage, passive gold generation, and other stats are too good to pass up.

I do the same. Once you get mobi boots and upgrade it to talisman you'll be zooming around warding and setting up plays like nobody's business.

drawkcaB

I agree with this, mostly. Add Lulu to the set of champions that have the necessary tools to succeed right now (although I stopped playing her because she's cursed). I feel like support champion balance is at a point where meta changes in solo queue have a pretty small impact on results.

Spellthief's is fine, the real problem is that FQC is a piece of shit. It needs a new active with reliability much more in line with other item actives, or some sort of passive that benefits AP supports.

xezuru

Flat stats and gold generation aside, what's so bad about the active?

I feel like using Zyra as an example, the active can setup a guaranteed root->fullcombo, though in reality, she's like the only support I can think of who uses spellthiefs and has skillshot CC or something that can have the same scenario.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Flat stats and gold generation aside, what's so bad about the active?

I feel like using Zyra as an example, the active can setup a guaranteed root->fullcombo, though in reality, she's like the only support I can think of who uses spellthiefs and has skillshot CC or something that can have the same scenario.

FQC's active isn't total garbage, but compared to something like talisman it's pretty bad. Instead of relying on a skillshot, talisman gives your whole team a mini sivir ult

jerd

Many players have suggested that their least favorite part of the ranked experience is the existence of promotion series. We've all heard the stories of players who consistently fail a promotion series upwards of 10+ times.
This post isn't about the removal of the promotion series, but a tweak to how they work. Currently, when you complete a promotion series you are protected for a couple of games from being demoted. However, its very easy to slip back a division if you go on a short losing streak (~2 games) while at 0 LP.
I have no problem with this outcome, and I suspect very few people do. However, the resulting scenario becomes less than desirable. You find yourself at ~75 LP in the division you started with. This requires you to win 2 games to trigger a promotion series, and to win 2 of the 3 games to succeed. Its a fairly frustrating experience knowing you have to win 4 of your next 5 games just to return to the division you just unlocked.
My suggestion (and I'm sure its been said before), is to remove the promotion series requirements for divisions you've already unlocked and let you move freely between these tiers. Keep the promotion series to "unlock" a new division/tier for that feeling of progress or accomplishment.

Beautiful

Gotta make my arbitrary goalposts easier to reach

Also poppy's gameplay update is done just waiting on art and VU

MaxiLive

I had a crazy normal game the other day that I had no idea how we could win :p

• Their team was Zyra/Hiemer bot both with TP + Ignite
  • Rengar Jungle
  • Azir Top
  • Ziggs mid

Vs

• Myself (Ashe) and Braum bot
  • Teemo Jungle
  • Karma Mid
  • J4 Top

The amount of pushing power and pressure they had was just crazy.... In bot lane there was no way for me to push out from the tower vs the double ignite and plant/turret defence :p I managed to survive the laning phase quite well be of course with a Teemo jungle there was no way to punish them once they took the tier one.

Now with them, ziggs and Azir just applying as much pushing pressure as possible this allowed Rengar to go on a little killing spree in the jungle/mid... Which meant him instantly blowing anyone up after 15-20 minutes! It just got worse as the game went on and we had no way to push the waves. I build a shiv and hurricane just to try and push the waves out.

Even with me pushing the waves out 1-2 peeps would TP back and push it to the tower again -.- Such a frustrating game and I had no idea how we could come back at them especially against the fed Rengar as it was 0.5 seconds to death for anyone X.x It was impossible to dive on them too with Azir, Heimer, Zyra and Ziggs. As soon as anyone would try to go in Ziggs + Zyra would ult causing a massive AOE area to be a death trap then Azir would push people away as Hiemer just sat in his 3 turret bunker with his ulted mega turret.

With them constantly being at the towers and pushing as well it was impossible to get a pick. It made for an interesting game though but with our comp I think it was lost after the first 10 minutes :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom