• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
No, you're dumb!
haha f u lol

Sona, Nami, Zyra are too punishing to play in this meta. 1 mistake and you are boned. Braum is okay but still requires some finesse to play properly.

Why should I play difficult and punishing champs like Nami and Sona when I can just faceroll as Janna and Nautilus. No point in playing any other supports.

cos they're boring :I

i wish nami got a buff

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Have fun and stay in gold or be bored and hit plat hmmmm.

Musician

luXKOpq.png

VWGzn5Z.png

The meta doesn't matter at "low" elo. I rose from gold 4 to plat 4 (and rising, 30lp per win) during this meta with nami and teto being my mains. Stop complaining and git gud

Stealth brag? Maybe...

zkylon

zkylewd
swain is hilarious

he has two spells that are targeted dots with exactly the same range and very similar vfx, cooldowns, mana costs and damage, with the only difference one slows the other is a dmg amp

it's like they didn't even try lol

swain is hilarious

he has two spells that are targeted dots with exactly the same range and very similar vfx, cooldowns, mana costs and damage, with the only difference one slows the other is a dmg amp

it's like they didn't even try lol

he also has the most burst in 4 seconds because of it.

AND HIS Q AND E DO NOT EVEN LOOK TEH SAME. Ones a laser, the other is a green fireball.

zky take off your vayne glasses, they are not your prescription.

Fracas

#fuckonami
you're just trying to get me riled up aren't you

Yo he's my favorite champion

But CSing with him is a pain in the ass and he's slow as shit and his build path is super static

I love his theme but he needs some kind of refresh because he's outclassed by most popular mid laners right now. Even top lane, he's just a shittier Vlad

killatopak

Gold Member
So I'm spamming Leona and surprisingly get level 5 with her. I'm thinking now that if I get in ranked and she gets picked or banned, I won't have a second champion to replace her. I kinda want another supp champ to master now.

Who's the champion most closest to Leona in playstyle?

Charge passive on inhib > flash QRW auto E

she kills sivir with passive autoattack (with nashors effect), shield pop and ulti

they were like 10k ahead and di had 11 kills so i guess doesn't really represent your average diana, but it's pretty insane, specially since she didn't have lich bane yet

It's amazing how fast these asian pros press their buttons. Sivir didn't even have time to react and spell shield any of that burst.

I think I'm gonna start playing Diana.

What. Swains build variety is one of the better ones out there. There are so many dials he can tune to decide if he wants more damage or tankiness.

How many makes in the game can have so many items choices that can be considered core? RoA, Seraph, Zhonya, Rylai, Liandry, WotA, Abyssal, Visage, Frozen Heart, etc.. He can pick up a Rab if he wants, given his ratios.

zkylon

zkylewd
he betrayed his waifu.
i almost feel bad for nami having such an unfaithful husbando.
pankaks deserves his low gold life.
yea, betrayed for that slut janna and mr fatty nautilus

disgusting

any champs i should try out that are fun?

syndra!

It's amazing how fast these asian pros press their buttons. Sivir didn't even have time to react and spell shield any of that burst.

I think I'm gonna start playing Diana.
i like some stuff about diana, like her visual design and her weird q, but i think i'm simply incapable of playing champions with targeted gapclosers

Ferga

So I'm spamming Leona and surprisingly get level 5 with her. I'm thinking now that if I get in ranked and she gets picked or banned, I won't have a second champion to replace her. I kinda want another supp champ to master now.

Shen is like Leona but does a lot more damage.

Ults are entirely different though.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Shen's playstyle could not be more dissimilar to Leona. Their functions as tanks are completely different, and people who don't take advantage of Shen's unique attributes as a global support are missing out on what he actually brings to a team. Leona's playstyle is much more focused on targeted roaming/heavy initiation. Nautilus holds a lot of similarities, but something like Annie would fit a similar playstyle and provide a better variant that would diversify your lane counters/matchups.

thanks for the suggestions!
about Katarina, any tips for her, because I've tried her before and was absolute shit and I just got soured by the experience.

1.) Always keep an eye on the other lanes because Kat can get some easy kills with her roams.

2.) In 5v5s, don't rush into fights. Wait a few seconds and let the enemies blow their spells before you go in and do your thing.

faridmon

5 loss in a row and I was a broken man, luckily I won on my 6th attempt.
going on a loss streak is no fun psychologically!

No one bans Leona on Bronze stage, don't know about higher tiers though.

What. Swains build variety is one of the better ones out there. There are so many dials he can tune to decide if he wants more damage or tankiness.

How many makes in the game can have so many items choices that can be considered core? RoA, Seraph, Zhonya, Rylai, Liandry, WotA, Abyssal, Visage, Frozen Heart, etc.. He can pick up a Rab if he wants, given his ratios.

Yup!

Ferga

I feel like leo and shen play the same role in lane.

They both have a gap closer and do a lot of damage if they hit their cc (Leo Q, Shen E).

Both ccs are quite similar in duration. Shen is a bit longer so it makes up for Leo's E mini command disrupt.

I feel like if you're on the two champs, the thought process is pretty much; Hit E and kill the enemy or burn summs. It's either that or use it to peel if the adc gets caught by the enemy support's cc.

But my thought process is entirely on my way of playing support where I pretty much bet everything in my level 1-4 so I can start roaming.

Level 1-4 is pretty similar when I think of Shen and leona. I did say to ignore ults in my comparison.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I just don't really understand how someone could play Shen like Leona. Maybe I haven't seen enough of Shen support. I would consider Shen's burst damage to be extremely low among supports, and his CC is limited to a very short range dash. Instead he gets better sustain/poke than most other tank supports. Shen's all in is very weak compared to Leona or Naut, and his range of potential engage is like half of something like Naut with no CC on the follow up. This is why the flash taunt is crucial to Shen in a way that you don't see for something like Naut or Leo.

If you look at support Shen stats his winrate is terrible on short games, and his damage is abysmal compared to other supports.

I just don't really understand how someone could play Shen like Leona. Maybe I haven't seen enough of Shen support. I would consider Shen's burst damage to be extremely low among supports, and his CC is limited to a very short range dash. Instead he gets better sustain/poke than most other tank supports. Shen's all in is very weak compared to Leona or Naut, and his range of potential engage is like half of something like Naut with no CC on the follow up. This is why the flash taunt is crucial to Shen in a way that you don't see for something like Naut or Leo.

If you look at support Shen stats his winrate is terrible on short games, and his damage is abysmal compared to other supports.

His poke is pretty weak too. Maxing Q just ends up pushing lane a bit faster. The heal doesn't scale with skill level anyway so it's nice to keep Qing minions without shoving lane.

faridmon

Question, does Visage increase the life steal effect? I know it improves healing, but is life steal considered as a healing attribute?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom