• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Grimrock |OT| harvinaisen kova kakku

owlbeak

Bought this around 9pm last night and have barely been able to put it down. SO much fun, great atmosphere. Was playing in the dark with headphones on and was getting kinda spooked. :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If you bought from Steam but decided to play the DRM-free version, the saves are carried over right?

MasLegio

Banned
preordered from site but where do I download the installer?

I have just recieved a receipt of the purchase through humble bundle, via amazon. No download link in the mail

Jubbly

Fuck sake. :(

I screamed like a little girl there, was NOT paying attention. Decided to cheese the shit out of it by
opening the door, firing off a spell, shutting the door before the spiders could attack
. Was there any other way?

Edit: I recommend using EVGA Precision X to lock your frame rate to 60, otherwise the game runs at 200 fps on any recent graphics card, which is a complete waste of power.

Muskweeto

Gah, I was gonna wait to play this after I finished Xenoblade, but when I launched the game to see if it would run on my laptop I got hooked immediately, can't stop playing.

This game can be kinda creepy at times too.

Maedhros

So how are you guys arranging your party? Mine

Front:

Str/Vit Minotaur Fighter with a focus on Defense
Str/Dex Rogue using Daggers and with ~30 Evasion (basically no other defense)

Back:

Vit/Wil Insectoid Mage using Fire with Air as a secondary
Vit/Wil Human Mage using Ice with Earth as a secondary

They all have the "skilled" trait since it seemed stupid not to take it.
Are you me? That's exactly the same party I'm using.

asa

Got the game few hours ago... I knew that I would like the game, but it to be *so good gif! woa :) Everybody get this!

Minsc

Gold Member
Ah food systems in RPGs...

It took me about half a dozen restarts of Betrayal at Krondor before I understood that the reason why my party would get sick mysteriously and die each time was because I had picked up spoiled and/or poisoned rations off of corpses, and that I had to examine them or my party would automatically consume the tainted food.

Betrayal at Krondor was such a great game. I loved that people would sabotage your food with poison, and stuff like what you said happened. Identifying items, repairing weapons/armor, breaking them, poisoning arrows/swords yourself, the food, the puzzle chests in other languages, it had some great stuff in the game.

HoosTrax

Betrayal at Krondor was such a great game. I loved that people would sabotage your food with poison, and stuff like what you said happened. Identifying items, repairing weapons/armor, breaking them, poisoning arrows/swords yourself, the food, the puzzle chests in other languages, it had some great stuff in the game.
And then there were the trap puzzles where you had to push around the spheres and futuristic turrets, plus all of the campy live-action acting in the cut scenes, and Owyn's silly blond wig...

Gah, I'm going to stop with the reminiscing right there -- I have enough old-school RPGs on my plate right now without indulging in an urge to play BaK again.

AEREC

Just heard of this game today (from this OT)....and damn this game looks awesome. Im gonna try and hold out for the iOS version. But I imagine I will break down and probably get this next week on steam.

What is the save system like in this game? It's not not save anywhere is it?

Torraz

Just heard of this game today (from this OT)....and damn this game looks awesome. Im gonna try and hold out for the iOS version. But I imagine I will break down and probably get this next week on steam.

You can save anywhere you want.

Maedhros

You can save anywhere and on crystals.

Beaten like getting trapped on the room full of spiders!

SpokkX

Do not want to play on my PC. Have at least 2 laptops that are capable.. but playing on PC just feels wrong to me

Any word on ipad version? Would fit perfectly

SparkTR

Do not want to play on my PC. Have at least 2 laptops that are capable.. but playing on PC just feels wrong to me

Huh? This genre has a long and esteemed history with the PC, it feels right at home. Apparently the iPad version hasn't started development yet, so maybe in a few months we'll see it.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
After trying an ice bomb on a spider, I realize I need to put a ton more points into ice magic if it gets the same freezing effect.

Zarovitch

Really fun so far, but i'm just in the second level.
I choose to draw my map, it make me progress really slowly.
What i hate about drawing the map, is that you don't know where to start it.
My first level look really weird, since i pass from right to left and bottom to the up of the sheet. My girlfriend think i'm crazy to do it.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Is it me or is my Rogue kind of useless? I went with the standard party makeup thinking I could use the Rogue for lockpicking and trap disarms, but now all she does is throw a couple of daggers here and there. I'd much rather have another mage in the party. Debating if I should restart since i'm only at floor 2.

Card Boy

Banned
Anyone hope the game will get Priests as DLC or something? Also the game needs more Potraits.

You better off getting it on PC bro. Think about mod support and all the custom campaigns that will become available at the very least. You can always double dip on the iPad version.

Finished the first two floors last night and I'm having a blast so far. Etrian Odyssey was my intro to dungeon crawlers, so this is a really fresh and fun experience.

scy

Is it me or is my Rogue kind of useless? I went with the standard party makeup thinking I could use the Rogue for lockpicking and trap disarms, but now all she does is throw a couple of daggers here and there. I'd much rather have another mage in the party. Debating if I should restart since i'm only at floor 2.

I just gave mine a Spear while working towards getting the "melee from the back-row" ability from 12 in Assassination. That and leading fights with a Dagger throw has helped her stay relevant.

Minsc

Gold Member

When I was looking at the abilities, attacking from the back row with melee weapons sounded pretty good, so hopefully that pans out for me. It does seem to under-whelm as a class from first impressions, but maybe backstabbing multipliers will be nice too.

Watch it'll turn out for speed runs that a party of 4 rogues all being able to use melee attack and high evade on the front row, all back-stabbing, will probably clear out monsters in record times.

I did feel a bit of a lack of choice when building the party between classes/races as others mentioned, but the small dev team and speed which they made the game are a fair excuse. I'd rather see it expanded down the road... and I hope mouselook lets you turn more than 90 degrees in one motion down the road too.

bengraven

Kinda mad I bought it on preorder at full price and it launches at a discount on Steam.

What? Preorder was 11.50 on the webpage and now it's 13.50 on Steam...? Reg price is 14.99.

Did anyone found the treasure on the second floor?

Wow, I died on the third floor, without saving, so I got spammed back to second floor. Then, while I was walking, I saw this button that I didn't have seen before. I've got
a golden cup/chalice

Shit, I'm going to have to go back. Thought I got every secret. Spoiler where the button is?

Yep, where I died the first time. lol

I learned I need to carry antidote vials with me at all times instead of making them on demand.

Vostro

This game is so good, I'm loving it so far. Right now I'm at 3rd floor and the dungeon just had a massive earthquake. I seriously almost shat my pants.

near the end of 2nd floor there is a gate that says you have to be patient to be able to open. I've waited for like 10 minutes but it's not opening. You think I have to wait longer?

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
This game is so good, I'm loving it so far. Right now I'm at 3rd floor and the dungeon just had a massive earthquake. I seriously almost shat my pants.

near the end of 2nd floor there is a gate that says you have to be patient to be able to open. I've waited for like 10 minutes but it's not opening. You think I have to wait longer?

were you staring at the stone face? should only take 1 min

Maedhros

Just face the statue for less than a minute (I think you have to do nothing) and it'll open.

I'm pretty sure loot is not random.

EDIT: Dude was wrong,
there is a sling on the second floor and a bow on the third floor.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
My current team is a minotaur fighter, a human unarmed rogue, a lizardman archer and a human mage.

Well, the saves are stored in the My Documents folder anyway, so it shouldn't matter how you launch the game itself.

Ahh thought as much, will tell it to a friend!

scy

Shit, I'm going to have to go back. Thought I got every secret. Spoiler where the button is?

I'm also at work so I can't give better than this but it's
in the area after the teleporter that you needed two keys to unlock (the area that has a shortcut leading back to the secret switch + teleporter "puzzle"). There's a secret switch that opens a door in a previous area, though not that far away

Somebody said there's a bow on the second floor? The hell?

There's
arrows but no Bow. Which is odd, unless you can ... throw arrows

EDIT: Dude was wrong,
there is a sling on the second floor and a bow on the third floor.

There's a sling?! Damn it >>

owlbeak

My god! Those phalanx of dead soliders. How the fuck are you supposed to kill them? I think there were like two groups of them near the end of level 2. I ended up just having them follow me back to a trap door and walking off of it so they'd fall. Hope I don't have to deal with them later. :(

Top Bottom