• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

I'm still making progress pretty fast, it's not too hard for me at all. I'm already at the point where you get the last pearl. I'm not claiming it's "too hard", I'm saying it's awkward and the game is clearly not made to suit it.

Reminds me of when people were telling me I just SUCKED at Skyward Sword because I disliked the game's controls. I beat pretty much everything in that game really easily. It's a matter of me feeling really ._. at all times, really.

Still, it's really refreshing actually kinda being worried during boss fights. Zelda has been missing that for a while now.
There's zero point to complain because it's optional. Don't like it? Go to options and diable it.

Skyward controls worked fine for those that wished to learn them. Now these days we don't get superior Wii Remote aiming adn sword controls because people refuse to adapt.
Especially since you CAN disable it now -.-

;)
You, me and the HUD conversation you keep forgetting. I know it can be disabled... well most of it. Ugly green bar, heart and ruppe counter are still there. Nintendo should just allow those to auto pop up when need it. But one step at a time i guess XD

There are some eBay offers for the Wind Waker download code that is a bit cheaper than the retail copy, if anyone is interested. Some even bundle in the Hyrule Historia download code.

I'm tempted to jump on them, but I just need a physical copy for almost everything (New Super Luigi U will probably be the only exception). I'm extremely upset that I didn't jump on the Ganondorf figurine when it was available. I checked eBay for prices and don't feel compelled to spend over $100 for it. I keep hoping that more will somehow be made available because I doubt I'll buy the game until it's beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm not getting my hands on that figurine.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Swift Sail is at the Auction House at night and it appears randomly. Just exit the Auction and try again until it pops up. Auction starts at 100. Was able to snatch it for 250.

Also, I'm noticing 2 things.

1. People use the Tingle Bottle A LOT. I keep finding these damn things everywhere. And I must get EVERY SINGLE ONE.
2. A lot of people playing on a Wii U seems to use their real name. Weird.

Sendou

1. People use the Tingle Bottle A LOT. I keep finding these damn things everywhere. And I must get EVERY SINGLE ONE.

On a side note I saw your Mii on the Nintendo Land Plaza yesterday. Kind of neat how you can spot people like that with Miiverse :)

The Swift Sail is at the Auction House at night and it appears randomly. Just exit the Auction and try again until it pops up. Auction starts at 100. Was able to snatch it for 250.

Also, I'm noticing 2 things.

A lot of them use their real name as their Mii. You're probably seeing that instead of their NNID. I know this is the case in Miiverse.

I think I died 7 times in Dragon Roost.

Two of which were so I could respawn with full health. But 5 were legit deaths.

It'll get easier as you get further.

(EDIT)
And yeah, i Love the tingle bottles. Addicting...

Lol,

I felt ashamed dying three times (one to save me trekking back from the Boss Key)

Glad to know I'm not alone.

And tingle bottles are amazing, except the collection hitbox for them is so small they're actually tough to pick up using the swiftsail in one pass.

TourianTourist

Neo Member
Anyone knows yet how the Tingle Statue quest works exactly? Cosmo found one of the statues yesterday by using a bomb (instead of a Tingle Bomb). So, they are still in the game.

But are there hints? Does Ankle tell you something? Can you unlock Knuckle?

oatmeal

Banned
Lol,

I felt ashamed dying three times (one to save me trekking back from the Boss Key)

Glad to know I'm not alone.

And tingle bottles are amazing, except the collection hitbox for them is so small they're actually tough to pick up using the swiftsail in one pass.

Oh God, I hadn't thought of the swift sail and bottles. OH NO.

I died twice in Dragon Roost Cavens by KEESE.

The stupid centipede thing on that one small platform before the lava pillar killed me twice and hit me enough that I committed suicide twice. On the road to the Big Key. I never knew you could downward thrust the son of a bitch.

D-e-f-

Banned
You, me and the HUD conversation you keep forgetting. I know it can be disabled... well most of it. Ugly green bar, heart and ruppe counter are still there. Nintendo should just allow those to auto pop up when need it. But one step at a time i guess XD

I was complaining about the person who took the pic with the HUD enabled! :p

D-e-f-

Banned
I haven't played Nintendo Land in MONTHS! WTH.

image.php

There's zero point to complain because it's optional. Don't like it? Go to options and diable it.

Zero point in criticizing something because it's optional? So I can't say I think it could be done better? Boy what an awful mindset.

Edit-It's definitely getting easier as I go on now that I have two bottles and whatnot. 2x enemy damage doesn't really mean shit seeing how dumb most of the enemies are.

oatmeal

Banned
I'm getting super frustrated...

I've beat DRAGON ROOST...and it won't let me leave Forest Haven. I got here, docked, got back in the boat and changed the wind...sail out of the quadrant and it tells me I can't go there anymore.

Fuck off. I don't remember this at all. I always remembered the world opening up to you after you beat DR.

Can't wait to do a savage labyrinth run on hero mode.

ALBW better have this as well.

I'm getting super frustrated...

I've beat DRAGON ROOST...and it won't let me leave Forest Haven. I got here, docked, got back in the boat and changed the wind...sail out of the quadrant and it tells me I can't go there anymore.

Fuck off. I don't remember this at all. I always remembered the world opening up to you after you beat DR.

The world doesn't open up fully until you get to Greatfish.

You can only go back to windfall until that point.

Zero point in criticizing something because it's optional? So I can't say I think it could be done better? Boy what an awful mindset.

Edit-It's definitely getting easier as I go on now that I have two bottles and whatnot. 2x enemy damage doesn't really mean shit seeing how dumb most of the enemies are.
Valid criticism is always welcome.

But the game got a lot of heat for been too easy is most aspects (puzzles and combat). We finaly got our wishes granted. And now, you and some others in the thread are basically compalining that the "hard mode" is hard. Just think about it for a second.

Gurrry

Cant decide if i should get this or wait for the retail release (happens to be my bday). I have gtav... I always buy too many games and never finish them. :(. Its a habit i need to kick.

Valid criticism is always welcome.

But the game got a lot of heat for been too easy is most aspects (puzzles and combat). We finaly got our wishes granted. And now, you and some others in the thread are basically compalining that the "hard mode" is hard. Just think about it for a second.

I feel like I've pretty much addressed that repeatedly. I don't find the hard mode to be hard, I'm making pretty fast progress. I find it awkward.

So Nintendo has done an OoT remaster and Windwaker, I wonder if they're actively considering bringing up other games in the near future.

Do you have to take a certain path to Windfall?

Yep, you have to directly retrace your steps, passing by DR on the way instead of taking the direct route.

It's kind of bullshit but it is what it is.

Why go back though, you can just power though the pearl quest; the only thing that might damage you are those fucking sharks.

D-e-f-

Banned
Is the soundtrack for this baby up yet anywhere? Is it getting an official release at all?

Free goodie for Japan on Club Nintendo ...they're getting a CD version of the HD OST for free if they register their game ............ *cries*

So Nintendo has done an OoT remaster and Windwaker, I wonder if they're actively considering bringing up other games in the near future.

You're forgetting LA DX

oatmeal

Banned
Yep, you have to directly retrace your steps, passing by DR on the way instead of taking the direct route.

It's kind of bullshit but it is what it is.

Why go back though, you can just power though the pearl quest; the only thing that might damage you are those fucking sharks.

Lack of potions.

I totally forgot that this was forced on you...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh God, I hadn't thought of the swift sail and bottles. OH NO.

The stupid centipede thing on that one small platform before the lava pillar killed me twice and hit me enough that I committed suicide twice. On the road to the Big Key. I never knew you could downward thrust the son of a bitch.

I think they added that downward thrust in the remake, I do not remember it at all, you can do it on the butterfly as well when they try to charge you after you've clipped their wings. I was so shocked when I found out it was a thing.

Squishy3

I think they added that downward thrust in the remake, I do not remember it at all, you can do it on the butterfly as well when they try to charge you after you've clipped their wings. I was so shocked when I found out it was a thing.
It's been a year or so when I last played Windwaker but I'm fairly certain it was always a thing.

Anth0ny

got the swift sail for 220 rupees. good stuff.

hero mode is pretty hard. it's basically a 3 heart run. i'm enjoying it though ^_^

D-e-f-

Banned
So how beautiful is this game? Does it look better than the original? How is the pacing now?

Um, look at the countless pictures/videos and read the OT for changes. There's also a review thread you can easily find via the search.

In short, both answers should be obvious as the pacing can't have gotten worse and you can look at pics yourself :D

chronosic

Can't wait for this! Haven't played through it since it came out when I was in highschool. Is it a fresh experience for others who haven't played it lately?

Top Bottom