• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It's out in the wild

Mz8lRo9.jpg
It's too bad that even if a retailer broke the street date that it won't be possible to play WWHD until Nintendo allows you to download it.

Javier

It's too bad that even if a retailer broke the street date that it won't be possible to play WWHD until Nintendo allows you to download it.
Games downloaded with codes may be downloadable before street date because of review copies.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Since what time does NOA allow E-Shop releases in EST? I wanna leave it downloading in the morning so when I get home it'll be there in its full glory!
Link

Interesting that it says it's an official Nintendo product.

Yeah I think I am gonna waste a few more bucks.

Scanna

We just reviewed it
VGNetwork.it - 9.5

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is in fact the same great game that we saw on Gamecube ten years ago, but with so many improvements. The intervention of the remastering was really massive and although it is the technical sector to have obtained the greatest benefits, small changes introduced in gameplay do nothing but to improve the experience. Wind Waker HD, thanks to a fascinating and well told story, its balanced gameplay mechanics and a very respectable longevity is a candidate to be one of the best action RPG present on the Wii U, hopefully until the next Zelda title arrives.

kitsuneyo

Is there an early digital release for Europe too, or just North America?

EDIT - Google says nay, oh well need to finish W101 first anyway.

Timeaisis

Ha, GTA V got a 9 from them yesterday.

EDIT: Yeah, I was gonna ask if there's going to be a review thread. I don't think we usually do one for remakes, but hey, it's Zelda.

I've been pleased with Eurogamer's reviews as of late. I need to start paying more attention to them.

Do your own legwork if you're trying to make an argument. The last several Wind Waker threads have involved large amounts of discussion around what kind of game this is, drawn parallels to OOT3D, Kingdom Hearts, and FFX/X-2, and discussed the value proposition therein. Any actual discussion ends the exact same way: we agree that Wind Waker HD is a remaster, but with more effort put into it than most remasters.

If you'd like to find some one-off posts from misguided individuals arguing that it's a remake, feel free, but all you'll manage to prove is that "some guy called it a remake once, take that." There was no community rallying behind any remake talk, who do you think you're "sticking it to" with that "I thought this was supposed to be a remake" post? The consensus is clear, and has been clear for ages.

I don't know why you need to be so goddamned antagonistic about every single little thing.
We were both in those threads, you don't need to play dumb and who's arguing? All I did was make a one off comment that I was disappointed in the new features list. You in return wrote a huge list of minor changes in regards to that. Acting like no one ever called it a remake or just a few people and acting like there was any sort of consensus on what this is is kind of untrue, dude.

Who am I being antagonistic towards? What are you even talking about? You replied to me first, dude. Maybe you're reading my posts in some angry tone or something.

Satch

Banned
i played the original one and got stuck at the water temple and never played it again after that (i rented it so my time was limited)

gonna buy it and finish it this time

its the only zelda game ive ever played

I just had this crazy thought: Nintendo should do a WWHD expansion similar to what they did with NSLU. They can reuse a bunch of the WW assets (similar to how MM reused OoT assets), and design of the overworld being covered in ocean would make it relatively painless to fashion new areas to explore.

Sorry if this idea was already mentioned earlier, I haven't read through the whole thread yet.

Busaiku

In IGN's review, I noticed some ridiculous slowdown in the Big Octo fight.
I really hope that was just the video player screwing up on me.

TourianTourist

Neo Member
In IGN's review, I noticed some ridiculous slowdown in the Big Octo fight.
I really hope that was just the video player screwing up on me.
The review from Nintendomination actually critizised that the game has terrible FPS drops in fighting sequences... so, yeah, that's sadly an ingame problem.

Also, like on the GameCube enemies and platforms might appear out of nowhere right in front of you... so much about "loading the entire ocean at once".

btrboyev

The review from Nintendomination actually critizised that the game has terrible FPS drops in fighting sequences... so, yeah, that's sadly an ingame problem.

Also, like on the GameCube enemies and platforms might appear out of nowhere right in front of you... so much about "loading the entire ocean at once".

Are they talking about the pauses when hitting enemies? As that was in original game as well and it's not slowdown.

Busaiku

No, actual framerate drops during the battle.
In the IGN review, at the 3:37 mark, you can see how terrible the Big Octo fight is.

Top Bottom