• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
I have yet to see them on the wall :(

I dream about it sometimes.

I own Ewok Village, one of my favorite purchases. Probably cause Forestmen were some of my favorite sets growing up, and something about the treescape look to it tickles that part of me.

I'd be willing to bet yes! Now it makes even more sense why they retired the previous one when they did, even though it would have been an easy choice to keep it in print just a little bit longer to tie in nicely with the Hoth stuff that came out this year (and still coming, UCS just around the corner...)

So, people who are buying the upcoming Hoth Base yet still need some AT-ATs... chin up, odds are looking good they will be available.

I don't think so, at least not for the first wave. Pricing of those sets says no AT-AT.

Ponn

Banned
How has that last Civil War set not leaked yet? That's some amazing security they got on that compared to the Force Awakens sets.

ghostmind

Is it known that LEGO Stores are doing a pre-May the 4th VIP day the Saturday before like their Pre-Black Friday VIP event where you get a tiny exclusive micro-build vignette of the Millennium Falcon(in a micro, micro build) escaping that worm thing from ESB if you spend more than $150? Stores should have a finite amount of invites to give out at...Managers(?) discretion.

Have not seen that elsewhere - thanks!

iosefe

That event is invite only. There is a list and those people are to pick up their invitation, and present when they come by. Can't bring a friend. I can't recall of leftovers are to be handed out at random.

AMUSIX

Hey, so I'm wanting to put together a collection of Minifigs....specifically, I want Marvel heros (mostly from the movies, but others would be great, too). The question I have is how should I best go about this? Is it better to buy the various sets that they come in (eg. if I want Agent 13, I have to buy the Airport scene, or if I want Captain Marvel, I have to buy the Avenjet space mission) or is there a good way to track down the individual minifigs for a semi-reasonable price?

I really wouldn't want all the other things that come with the sets, but if the set's $80 (like the airport) and has a few minifigs I want, is it worth it to just ditch all the rest?

If I buy the minifigs individually, do I have to worry about dodging knock-offs? I collect Disney pins, and this is a MAJOR problem.

Got some new parts from PAB. Only one I couldn't get was the 1x4 SNOT brick with the studs on the side. Too many people were filling up entire cups with it so they keep the remaining stash behind the counter for PAM only.

When sorting them out this happened.

hpNgpIi.jpg

Anyone else get inspired when sorting pieces?

Just another warning, but tomorrow morning a bunch of LEGO goes clearance at BN stores.
My store will have some of the Star Wars micro fighters, some older City and Ninjago stuff, as well as Friends and Disney Princess smaller sets. Selections will vary by store.

Oh, and the Minecraft Mine and micro world sets will be clearance at my store as well. I have no interest in Minecraft, but might grab The Mine just for basic bricks.

Ryuuroden

Is it known that LEGO Stores are doing an invite-only pre-May the 4th VIP day the Saturday before like their Pre-Black Friday VIP event where you get a tiny exclusive micro-build vignette of the Millennium Falcon(in a micro, micro build) escaping that worm thing from ESB if you spend more than $150? Stores might have a small, finite amount of invites to give out at...managers(???) discretion.

I've known about it for a couple weeks but didn't mention it cause I was told not to. Since its known now, I'll just add that only 3500 of them are made and each store is getting 28. I somehow got on the list so I guess I am getting the hoth set in order to get that set. There is also an exclusive poster.

Rootbeer

Banned
Sorry if old.

If you order LEGO The Force Awakens from Best Buy, you get a free Star Destroyer polybag. I don't think this offer was shown on the site back when it first went up for order, at least I didn't see it.

Check the listing for pics.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-st...tation-4/4962907.p?id=bb4962907&skuId=4962907

So, if you are like me and have Gamer's Club Unlocked, and are ordering the Deluxe Edition for the Finn minifigure... the extra polybag is just extra icing on the cake.

R-User!

So.... Six more months and potentially six more exclusives:

1 Attack on Hoth (May)
2 VW Bug
3 Big Ben
4 Carousel
5 UCS Snowspeeder
6 ???

June
July
August
September
October
(Excluding Nov and Dec since they usually don't launch exclusives then)9

What would be the sixth exclusive that we don't know? Could the Technic Excavator or Technic Porsche fit that bill?

1 Attack on Hoth (May)
2 VW Bug
3 Big Ben
4 Carousel
5 UCS Snowspeeder
6 ???

June
July
August
September
October

What would be the sixth exclusive that we don't know? Could the Technic Excavator or Technic Porsche fit that bill?

Wasn't the Carousel kinda unsure now with the announcement of the Beetle and Big Ben already coming though?

TheFuzz

Wasn't the Carousel kinda unsure now with the announcement of the Beetle and Big Ben already coming though?

1 Attack on Hoth (May)
2 VW Bug
3 Big Ben
4 Carousel
5 UCS Snowspeeder
6 ???

June
July
August
September
October

Isn't it confirmed (or at least widely accepted as a fact)that the Holiday Train is coming in November? Wouldn't that be the sixth exclusive?

Had some fun with this the other day:

I made the Imperial Star Destroyer MicroFighter "Ice Cold" edition :)

GFektye.jpg

4tFIuqj.jpg

For comparison:

5Q5z90S.jpg

Bonus front shot:

UpNdAsu.jpg

The only thing that was kinda pissing me off was that i couldn't find flick missile pieces in ANY other color than grey :( Do they even exist in white, blue etc.?

The only thing that was kinda pissing me off was that i couldn't find flick missile pieces in ANY other color than grey :( Do they even exist in white, blue etc.?
That looks great. Are those slope pieces just white? They look bluish in these pics but I'm guessing that's just reflection from the rest of the blue.

From what I can tell in brickset those flick fire pieces are only in grey and red.

http://brickset.com/parts/4520320

That looks great. Are those slope pieces just white? They look bluish in these pics but I'm guessing that's just reflection from the rest of the blue.

From what I can tell in brickset those flick fire pieces are only in grey and red.

http://brickset.com/parts/4520320

You mean the big slope pieces on each side that make up the bulk?

No, they're actually a light shade of blue, i can't remember the actual name of the color but it's one my favorite ones... kinda pastel like.

So, went to BN to get all the clearance sets I had set aside, and there was someone there literally buying everything LEGO that was on clearance. Yes, even about 6 boxes of the Jasmine set.

I almost struck up a conversation because he might just be a LEGO fan, or he might be giving them to a children's hospital or something.

But, because I am a terrible person, my first thought was he is just a reseller and is cleaning stores out to sell it again later. So I didn't say anything, mainly because I was half awake due to no caffeine.

Wanderer5

Just another warning, but tomorrow morning a bunch of LEGO goes clearance at BN stores.
My store will have some of the Star Wars micro fighters, some older City and Ninjago stuff, as well as Friends and Disney Princess smaller sets. Selections will vary by store.

Oh, and the Minecraft Mine and micro world sets will be clearance at my store as well. I have no interest in Minecraft, but might grab The Mine just for basic bricks.

Oh it not today? I save my trip to b&n for tomorrow afternoon then.

I guess I'll hit up both the LEGO store and the one B&N still open since they are in the same mall. Best case, the trip will either yield some 1x4 SNOT on the PAB wall or at least some 1x1 SNOT if nothing else. I've never gotten lucky at a B&N.

Oh it not today? I save my trip to b&n for tomorrow afternoon then.

It was today. But my store got completely cleaned out by me buying about 5 sets, and one other person buying about 40 or so.

I still need to find time to make the hour drive to the LEGO store to stock up on the 1x4 SNOT. I want to get a ton of those, but knowing my luck they will be gone and I will have made the drive for nothing.

Wanderer5

It was today. But my store got completely cleaned out by me buying about 5 sets, and one other person buying about 40 or so.

I still need to find time to make the hour drive to the LEGO store to stock up on the 1x4 SNOT. I want to get a ton of those, but knowing my luck they will be gone and I will have made the drive for nothing.

Oh I see. I still check tonight then, and see if it has been cleaned out yet heh.

So, went to BN to get all the clearance sets I had set aside, and there was someone there literally buying everything LEGO that was on clearance. Yes, even about 6 boxes of the Jasmine set.

I almost struck up a conversation because he might just be a LEGO fan, or he might be giving them to a children's hospital or something.

But, because I am a terrible person, my first thought was he is just a reseller and is cleaning stores out to sell it again later. So I didn't say anything, mainly because I was half awake due to no caffeine.

There be gold in them thar legos!

I hit up 3 stores and spent way too much. I did get some board games and collectibles too. One store had about 100 Chima battle packs. Hopefully they last until 75% off or $2.

Thanks as always for the heads up!

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Is this Germany only?

Also weird they've got yellow hands- I thought flesh would be better if they're real people. Head prints might be the only worthwhile aspect of them.

Tuvoc

Will they be German National Team players? Hopefully they do both versions of the kits. Not that it matters much to me since I probably won't be able to get my hands on them in America. At a reasonable price, at least.

Can't call first? True AFOL, avoiding any excuse not to go to the LEGO store.

Can't call first? True AFOL, avoiding any excuse not to go to the LEGO store.
How long do the PAB stuff stay? I have no sets on the radar or need to go other than that.

Of course, I usually have fantastic luck getting clothes from the outlets in that mall. Yeah...a clothing run. That's my excuse.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Sorry if old.

If you order LEGO The Force Awakens from Best Buy, you get a free Star Destroyer polybag. I don't think this offer was shown on the site back when it first went up for order, at least I didn't see it.

Check the listing for pics.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-st...tation-4/4962907.p?id=bb4962907&skuId=4962907

So, if you are like me and have Gamer's Club Unlocked, and are ordering the Deluxe Edition for the Finn minifigure... the extra polybag is just extra icing on the cake.

Amazon Germany offers the game plus Finn plus Star Destroyer plus X-Wing plus Rens command ship. Yes, three polybags.

Ponn

Banned
Had some fun with this the other day:

I made the Imperial Star Destroyer MicroFighter "Ice Cold" edition :)

GFektye.jpg

Looks like Scourge from Transformers.

3N16MA

Banned
I assume TLG will stick with the same launch they used with The LEGO Movie for The Lego Batman Movie. Sets released in December. Can't wait.

Wanderer5

Bleh didn't get lucky with the two B&N near me. Only a couple damaged boxes of small Nexo Knights sets and some lego city stuff. Kind of funny through, I noticed one of them had that Guardians of the Galaxy set that look kind of beat up, but it wasn't marked as clearance. Would have been kind of nice if that was 50% off.

Hey, my bootleg order from China came in today. A good two weeks ahead of schedule. For the most part, I'm pretty satisfied. They sent me an extra Black Mask (DC Villain) for some reason, but I won't argue. Total with shipping was a bit under $9.

Pictures aren't the greatest, options were either an old tablet or a phone with a busted camera seal that has a bunch of unmovable dust inside the camera.

Red Arrow/Arsenal/Roy Harper, white Deadpool, and basic red Deadpool are easily the best of the bunch. All three look and feel just like the real deal Lego. Those three are just fantastic. Red Arrow has two faces, one neutral and one angry. Both look very good. If the order was just these three I would probably still be happy. Really, really enjoy them especially for the price.

Bizarro and Punisher are both pretty good as well, but are just a bit below the other three in quality. Punisher also came with a trenchcoat, Bizarro with a purple cape but I don't have either of them on in the picture obviously. Impressed with Punisher especially, dual-printed head with an old/veteran version of Punisher as an option as well. Very cool touch. Bizarro has the confused face and an angry face. He'll look good going up against Supes when I get around to changing my diorama thing. Which I'll probably post either later tonight or early tomorrow.

Winter Soldier is a bit iffy. Hair piece had extra plastic in one spot, and his arms are almost immovable they are so stiff. Plus, the holes in his feet are just a hair too small so you really have to force it to get him to stand on studs. Really disappointing there.

Got two Black Mask figures and both suffer from the same problem. The neck piece is too thin for the head hole, so the head turns and spins really easy, while the arms are incredibly stiff and hard to move. Twisting the hands is damn near impossible. Jamming them into the arm holes is something that I am surprised did not give me tiny bruises on my thumbs. They look good but everything else was lackluster.

As for the final Deadpool, they sent me the wrong one. I ordered the movie version, they sent this one (Second from the left on the bottom, next to Punisher) instead. The printing is very, very low quality and it just straight up does not feel like Lego. The head is okay but the body...not so much. Really disappointing because everything else was like $.80 a figure, while the movie Deadpool was $1.99. Debating on whether I should open a dispute with Aliexpress over it. Not sure yet.

Anyway, pretty satisfied with the order overall. Decided to wash them in a bowl of soap water after getting them out and putting them together to make sure everything looked good. A surprising amount of...stuff was left in the water when I was done. Probably just extra plastic or paint particles or something but the residue was surprising. I can't see that happening if I were to wash some Lego figures I got fresh out of a box, for example.

If anybody has questions let me know. I'll be happy to help.

My LEGO store had the 1x4 SNOT! I'll do a count later but I didn't want to be greedy so just did 6-7 columns of 16 and then filled the rest of the cup with 1x4 SNOT and other assorted pieces I thought I could use. Then did some backfill with pink 1x1 round, Pixel eyes, and antenna, which were the only choices for the tiny spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom