• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to work out which one of them is Ozil and I have literally no idea.

Apparently they all come with footballs as an accessory so they will be impossible to bag-feel, haha

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
lego-minifigures-die-mannschaft-dfb-71014-945x630.jpg

Manuel Neuer 1
Shkodran Mustafi 2
Mesut Ozil 3
Benedikt Höwedes 4
Mats Hummels 5
Sami Khedira 6
Bastian Schweinsteiger 7
André Schürrle 9
Thomas Müller 13
Jérôme Boateng 17
Toni Kroos 18
Mario Götze 19
Christoph Kramer 20
Marco Reus 21
Max Kruse 23
Joachim Loew, coach

Fowler

Yeah, you'd think Özil would be more distinctive, given... yeah.

I see a little German flag on arm of the guy in the middle, guessing that's supposed to be a captain's armband so that's Schweinsteiger. And to the left looks like Mats Hummels. Hummels and Jogi Löw are by far the most accurate of the lot!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Yeah, you'd think Özil would be more distinctive, given... yeah.

I see a little German flag on arm of the guy in the middle, guessing that's supposed to be a captain's armband so that's Schweinsteiger. And to the left looks like Mats Hummels. Hummels and Jogi Löw are by far the most accurate of the lot!

Was thinking he'd be the easy one to spot, guess they wanted to be nice.

Loew's is pretty much perfect but obviously he's the easy one to identify. I'm really having a hard time figuring out which ones are which. Which one is meant to be Ozil?

Fowler

Was thinking he'd be the easy one to spot, guess they wanted to be nice.

Loew's is pretty much perfect but obviously he's the easy one to identify. I'm really having a hard time figuring out which ones are which. Which one is meant to be Ozil?

Best guess is he's first one on the second row.

My best guesses so far...

Top: Schürrle, Reus, ???, Mustafi, Kroos, ???, Neuer
Middle: Özil, Boateng, Hummels, Schweinsteiger, Khedira, ???, Löw
Bottom: Müller, ???

Is it known that LEGO Stores are doing an invite-only pre-May the 4th VIP day the Saturday before like their Pre-Black Friday VIP event where you get a tiny exclusive micro-build vignette of the Millennium Falcon(in a micro, micro build) escaping that worm thing from ESB if you spend more than $150? Stores might have a small, finite amount of invites to give out at...managers(???) discretion.

I got the invite. Are there any pics of the Exclusive set? I'm not sure if I have $150 to spend. Ha ha ha

I'm looking for Lego (among other things) here in Tokyo. Today I found the Year of the Monkey set for a cheap price, but mostly Lego around here is the exact same 2016 stuff at the same prices. I did find a bunch of older sets at Mandarake in Nakano Broadway, but nothing that interesting. Well, The Black Pearl is interesting but not for $500 :D

Browsing Ali Express and I noticed Nexo knockoffs are there, cheap as dirt. I just can't think of anyplace I would use the minifigs, as cool as they are. I run into the same issue with Ninjago figs.

I put in an order for 30 more hydra agents, 50 ultron bots, and a gaggle of random heroes that I already have official versions of but want back ups and replacements in other dioramas I'm building. So I grabbed a few more Black Panthers, another Captain Marvel, and 2 Quinjets.

My Lego City will be divided in half. One side will be a small force from Agents of SHIELD (aided by 3 quinjets!) fighting off a massive Hydra attack force. The other side will be the Avengers fighting off Ultron and a mass of his minions. The entire project cost about $150 total. It seems like a cool idea in my head. Let's see if I can pull it off in practice.

Browsing Ali Express and I noticed Nexo knockoffs are there, cheap as dirt. I just can't think of anyplace I would use the minifigs, as cool as they are. I run into the same issue with Ninjago figs.

I put in an order for 30 more hydra agents, 50 ultron bots, and a gaggle of random heroes that I already have official versions of but want back ups and replacements in other dioramas I'm building. So I grabbed a few more Black Panthers, another Captain Marvel, and 2 Quinjets.

My Lego City will be divided in half. One side will be a small force from Agents of SHIELD (aided by 3 quinjets!) fighting off a massive Hydra attack force. The other side will be the Avengers fighting off Ultron and a mass of his minions. The entire project cost about $150 total. It seems like a cool idea in my head. Let's see if I can pull it off in practice.

You're into Super Heroes, the bad guys could easily fit in. The heroes are bit more iffy. They are a bit like the Atomic Knight (only hard core comic folks or old people like me will know that character).
Let's see if they tap into the scurriers and the little ball thingies. Those scurriers are pricey.

Kyari

Ugh man I could do with some hydra agents and SHIELD agents, what's the going rate for those at this point?

Ugh man I could do with some hydra agents and SHIELD agents, what's the going rate for those at this point?
Looks like 86 cents each with 5% off of orders of 20 or more.

I wouldn't buy those but I may look at some SWAT or other military type figs that only third parties make. Those are really cheap too especially with all the guns and accessories.

Motha****in Pirate Batman in da house!!!

2nbpzRH.jpg

He finally arrived today in the mail (together with the book that i may or may not read on the toilet someday)

At first reveal, i wasn't really excited about him somehow, but now, in the flesh so to speak, he looks pretty badass to me :) Really cool fig after all!

Motha****in Pirate Batman in da house!!!

2nbpzRH.jpg

He finally arrived today in the mail (together with the book that i may or may not read on the toilet someday)

At first reveal, i wasn't really excited about him somehow, but now, in the flesh so to speak, he looks pretty badass to me :) Really cool fig after all!

Reminds me that I have a copy in my forbidden hatchback of mystery. Sam's club had it for the same price as Amazon the other day.

Reminds me that I have a copy in my forbidden hatchback of mystery. Sam's club had it for the same price as Amazon the other day.

Sounds like my trunk of mystery, closet of mystery, mystery under the bed, garage corner of mystery, drawer of mystery at work, 2nd closet of mystery, under side table of mystery, and I'm sure I'm missing some others.

Been keeping my eye on this thread, but may have missed it.

Any impressions of the new puzzle ball set?

Not much discussion of it here. I was at LEGO store today and they had it out. I was surprised how smooth and easy it was to maneuver. It's on my RADAR (low but on it), but I want to check the instructions first as I think I have all the parts needed to make it myself.

The ultimate bag-feel challenge!

3JFIkH7.jpg

SNAP! Never thought of it that way. Just have a contest where everyone gets a sealed box, and people have to feel out only 16 figures. Whomever gets the most without doubles wins the entire box.

Of course, that one person without a ball will be in every batch.

EDIT:
Been keeping my eye on this thread, but may have missed it.

Any impressions of the new puzzle ball set?

Found my impressions from the other day:

Finished the Maze. That was really cool. There are no real amazing techniques or anything going on in it except for the pivoting table, but it is so unlike anything else.

Even if the build didn't blow me away, I can't help but highly recommend it just because there is nothing else like it from LEGO. The pivot works quite well, but I am disappointed that it moves to one side more than another, and the frame to drop the mazes themselves into can be a bit tight fitting since it wiggles some.

And holy parts pack! Lots of great stuff in good quantities in here, particularly tiles.

Perhaps tomorrow I will build the different mazes too.

Gonna have to rely on feeling the colors for those CMFs.

There are 2-3 of them a person could tell by the hair. The rest you could narrow down to 3-4 possibilities, but then it's all chance at that point. Feeling the hair is truly test for the ultimate bag feelers.

Gonna have to rely on feeling the colors for those CMFs.

There are 2-3 of them a person could tell by the hair. The rest you could narrow down to 3-4 possibilities, but then it's all chance at that point. Feeling the hair is truly test for the ultimate bag feelers.
There needs to be a contest somewhere for that. Maybe JANG Presents: The Ultimate Bag Feel!

wetwired

So I received my consolation prizes yesterday for the Stay Puft not passing review on Ideas...

13012860_10154219814022994_5098318954161517320_n.jpg

I built the spaceship last night, pretty ordinary to be honest but I wanted the white iron man minifig and since I wasn't paying for it...

I already have a batcave as well but I really liked the minifigs and vehicles and the parts seemed like they'd be useful for the rest of it.

Looking forward to getting stuck into the brick bank on the weekend, I have been home all day with nothing to do but I'm looking after my daughter who is sick as well as myself.

Picked up my DC minifigs book for my pirate batman minifig, AUD$22 from Target. My son claimed the book but I had to "swap" him the space capt america that comes in that set above to get the pirate batman (that I bought for myself)

Osahi

Yeah this was news to me, I didn't get anything back when it was CUUSOO and my batmobile didn't pass review

They probably just started with it maybe? Did you have any other 10k ideas not getting a pass?

Sometimes I wish I had the time and talent to be active on Ideas myself. Got some stuff I'd die for to see in a Lego set (some of it allready up on ideas, like this Portugese tram: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/119603) but even if I had the pieces needed, I would never be able to actually build it as good as needed to get all those votes!

So I received my consolation prizes yesterday for the Stay Puft not passing review on Ideas...

I built the spaceship last night, pretty ordinary to be honest but I wanted the white iron man minifig and since I wasn't paying for it...

I already have a batcave as well but I really liked the minifigs and vehicles and the parts seemed like they'd be useful for the rest of it.

Looking forward to getting stuck into the brick bank on the weekend, I have been home all day with nothing to do but I'm looking after my daughter who is sick as well as myself.

Picked up my DC minifigs book for my pirate batman minifig, AUD$22 from Target. My son claimed the book but I had to "swap" him the space capt america that comes in that set above to get the pirate batman (that I bought for myself)

Nice "consolation" prize!

The good news for you is that I think the space Cap fig is identical to the underwater Cap from the Red Skull sub so you and your son can both have one!

teeny

Do any of you guys have modular-based cities?

I got the Brick Bank for my birthday and it's my second modular after the Parisian Restaurant so, naturally, I've been thinking about how best to combine them with a view of creating a street down the line.

I haven't started the bank yet, but started to create the road and extended pavement in front of the restaurant. I basically stuck a 16x23 grey baseplate on the front, extended the pavement of the modular to fasten them together and then created a temporary road out of white tiles and the black minifigure stands (I wanted some studs, they're handy to have, and I have a tonne of those stands!) (Also, there is only room on my shelf for half a road which is why I went with 16x32).

It doesn't look bad as a start, though the brick built roads I've seen around do look good. My main issue is that there is no curb. So I was wondering how best to achieve the below raise:

Would you simply add some extra plates to the modular baseplate to give it a plate's worth of lift? In that image, the curb looks higher than that, so I'm not sure.

Basically, any tips? :p

Osahi

I don't know, they still gave us Honey Boo Boo and the Duggar's. Thats a lot of ground to make up for. :p

Haha, I had to actually google those things to realize TLC is a network and that Lego is not THE LEGO COMPANY but Group.

Should I write TLG a hundred times as a punishment, or do you let me of the hook?

Do any of you guys have modular-based cities?

I got the Brick Bank for my birthday and it's my second modular after the Parisian Restaurant so, naturally, I've been thinking about how best to combine them with a view of creating a street down the line.

I haven't started the bank yet, but started to create the road and extended pavement in front of the restaurant. I basically stuck a 16x23 grey baseplate on the front, extended the pavement of the modular to fasten them together and then created a temporary road out of white tiles and the black minifigure stands (I wanted some studs, they're handy to have, and I have a tonne of those stands!) (Also, there is only room on my shelf for half a road which is why I went with 16x32).

It doesn't look bad as a start, though the brick built roads I've seen around do look good. My main issue is that there is no curb. So I was wondering how best to achieve the below raise:

Would you simply add some extra plates to the modular baseplate to give it a plate's worth of lift? In that image, the curb looks higher than that, so I'm not sure.

Basically, any tips? :p

No, but that looks fucking amazing already...

edit: Oops, just noticed, that's not YOURS is it? LOL sorry... anyways, that is exactly what i am going for as well, only i still need to get started. I haven't even decided on a spot yet....

That curb does indeed look pretty tall, not sure how they achieved it

Ponn

Banned
Haha, I had to actually google those things to realize TLC is a network and that Lego is not THE LEGO COMPANY but Group.

Should I write TLG a hundred times as a punishment, or do you let me of the hook?

Your punishment shall be watching every episode of Honey Boo Boo. Good luck.

teeny

No, but that looks fucking amazing already...

edit: Oops, just noticed, that's not YOURS is it? LOL sorry... anyways, that is exactly what i am going for as well, only i still need to get started. I haven't even decided on a spot yet....

That curb does indeed look pretty tall, not sure how they achieved it

Not mine unfortunately! If only!

I've seen some pretty interesting methods including a brick built road using snot to connect it to a jumper type thing that you just plop the modular down into and can then move around at will. I'll post an image when I'm off of mobile.

That would certainly be preferable over deconstructing a modular in chunks just to give the baseplate some height. I'm not sure I have the parts to accomplish it though.

Silver Centurion showed up this morning. Thanks, FUBAR McDangles! Your set should be arriving today or tomorrow.

And finished the Black Panther set. The jet itself looks okay when done, but there were definitely some cool techniques as it went along, particularly the wings.

And it came with an extra set of cat ears, so I can add them to any figure I want.

I just wish they did the head as one single mold. It would have looked better. And this set also continues the trend of no printed legs, which looks cheap.

I just wish they did the head as one single mold. It would have looked better. And this set also continues the trend of no printed legs, which looks cheap.

I'm with you. Now that we have leg printing I really notice it when it's not there.

Speaking of printing, open that Silver Centurion fig. It'll make every other non-3PO-TFA fig look underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom