• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

Nebulon-B Frigate MOC:

Nebulon_2_full_front%20perspective_transparent_zpseiqh3fg5.jpg

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=129607

says temp out of stock on the store. so now luck getting wall-e outside of second hand retailers
Uughhhhhh ugh ugh ugh ugh I guess $15-20 on eBay it is then. I can wait till August to get Wall-E I guess. Already waited this long. Gonna be really really pissed if I miss out on him though.

Tom_Cody

I keep getting damn promo emails for Mr. Freeze from Lego. It is getting soooo hard to resist pulling the trigger on the classic Batcave.

I keep getting damn promo emails for Mr. Freeze from Lego. It is getting soooo hard to resist pulling the trigger on the classic Batcave.

Me too....I'm surprised they still have stock mid-month. The last few licensed exclusive figs were gone within a few days.

If you like 60's Batman at all, the Batcave and promo fig are a must get. They did an absolutely fantastic job of capturing the characters in minifig form. Think of it this way, buy now. If you are still not sure, keep the box in great condition and sell it later for a profit.

I don't believe 60's Batman has as wide of an appeal as Star Wars or current Comic Book/Movie Super Hero promos. My kids know the theme music melody, but have no idea about the TV show. My local LEGO store was down to their last box this past Tuesday.

I will wait for another good promo or double VIP points in Oct to get my Batcave. Batcave box is a little harder to "hide" from my wife. I need to clear out some of my backlog and sets I'm selling first.

Ryuuroden

If you like 60's Batman at all, the Batcave and promo fig are a must get. They did an absolutely fantastic job of capturing the characters in minifig form. Think of it this way, buy now. If you are still not sure, keep the box in great condition and sell it later for a profit.

I don't believe 60's Batman has as wide of an appeal as Star Wars or current Comic Book/Movie Super Hero promos. My kids know the theme music melody, but have no idea about the TV show. My local LEGO store was down to their last box this past Tuesday.

I will wait for another good promo or double VIP points in Oct to get my Batcave. Batcave box is a little harder to "hide" from my wife. I need to clear out some of my backlog and sets I'm selling first.

I'm glad I don't have to hide my Lego from my girlfriend. I mean yeah we aren't married but she lives with me and approves my hobby but she did say once we get a larger place that she wants me to have a room like jangs and have less sets all over the place. She wants the imperial flagship to stay on the mantle and stuff like tower bridge to be displayed around the house. All the star wars stuff has to stay in the Lego room which is actually something I entirely agree with. She's actually is a bigger fan of all my anime figures.

My wife loves the lego. My displayed city is an absolute show stopper whenever new people visit my home. That's saying a lot, because we have quite a few things in my home that are a sight to see if I do say so myself! My computer setup drops jaws, as does my media room, hobby room, and video game collection. But the lego really gets both adults and kids equally excited. I love it. I really do. That's why I'm always fidgeting with my modulars. There's always something new for people to see and explore. I think my upcoming ultron/hydra display is going to set a new high bar.

Once I had a guy from Japan visit my home and he took pictures throughout the night. It was really flattering!

I will be remodeling my hobby room someday, and you bet your butt that my lego hobby will be a big part of the design process. I'm considering led lighting and a rotating day/night cycle...

So i am trying to put together the Teen Titans, and am still (obviously) missing Raven which may or may not be showing up sometime soon in a set right?

What about Cyborg though?

I mean, i have the one from the Darkseid set but he's kinda too "old" and serious looking for the Titans Cyborg, is there any indication a new one is coming?

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I'm glad I don't have to hide my Lego from my girlfriend. I mean yeah we aren't married but she lives with me and approves my hobby but she did say once we get a larger place that she wants me to have a room like jangs and have less sets all over the place. She wants the imperial flagship to stay on the mantle and stuff like tower bridge to be displayed around the house. All the star wars stuff has to stay in the Lego room which is actually something I entirely agree with. She's actually is a bigger fan of all my anime figures.
A room like Jang's display is the dream!

We used to have my modular sets in the living room and she loves the bigger display sets- still working on getting her to build for fun though! Since moving house we now have a shared study/studio so we've got a fixed creative space for her art and my Lego- i'm hoping to get back into MOCing in a big way this year :)

My wife loves the lego. My displayed city is an absolute show stopper whenever new people visit my home. That's saying a lot, because we have quite a few things in my home that are a sight to see if I do say so myself! My computer setup drops jaws, as does my media room, hobby room, and video game collection. But the lego really gets both adults and kids equally excited. I love it. I really do. That's why I'm always fidgeting with my modulars. There's always something new for people to see and explore. I think my upcoming ultron/hydra display is going to set a new high bar.

After seeing your post in the vacation I have to ask: what is your occupation?
and is it too late for me to enter this field?

My wife loves the Lego and enables me by buying me nice sets as gifts. She does not love the fact that I cannot pass up a good deal on Lego. I had the same problem with games but selling those is helping me fund more Lego purchases.

Batcave box is a little harder to "hide" from my wife.

I'm glad I don't have to hide my Lego from my girlfriend.

My wife loves the lego.

Closet.

Of.

Shame.

Our basement office is pretty much dedicated to a bunch of LEGO displays. I have a ton of well-sorted LEGO in another basement room, and aside from that it doesn't really encroach. That having been said, my wife strongly wishes my hobby was "replacing the stairs" or "re-doing the roof".

So i am trying to put together the Teen Titans, and am still (obviously) missing Raven which may or may not be showing up sometime soon in a set right?

I mean, i have the one from the Darkseid set but he's kinda too "old" and serious looking for the Titans Cyborg, is there any indication a new one is coming?

If the "TTG" on the list of leaked Dimensions 2 sets means Teen Titans Go, then I imagine we'll get Raven there at the very least.

Jimbro72

Closet.

Of.

Shame.

Our basement office is pretty much dedicated to a bunch of LEGO displays. I have a ton of well-sorted LEGO in another basement room, and aside from that it doesn't really encroach. That having been said, my wife strongly wishes my hobby was "replacing the stairs" or "re-doing the roof".

For me it would be closets of shame....as in two....and some book shelves where the small sets are stacked into....and a pile of stuff I still need to organize and put away. I just need a bigger hobby room. And bigger closets.

After seeing your post in the vacation I have to ask: what is your occupation?
and is it too late for me to enter this field?

Sorry if that post came off as a brag. My intent was to show that despite lots of other cool things, lego can easily add whimsy and be aesthetically pleasing if integrated correctly into a living space. If I wasn't into modulars and minifig scale only stuff, I would have a wall displaying all the SW USC sets or minifig scale dioramas based on battles from the OT. But I had to make a choice, so I do not own any SW sets. I think trying to collect it all would be impossible, as I'm sure many here would agree. It's best to focus. It does mean I miss out on things, like the Simpson line, (probably) the GB HQ, and the helicarrier (not minifig scale, no interest!).

As far as income, well, while we're quite comfortable in life, we're not rich. We budget very well though. We leave plenty of room for fun money that we put to good use. As our income grew, our hobbies remained quite humble in the grand scheme of things. Like, I don't want a boat or a new porsche boxter for example, lol. We try to live one step below our means. So instead of that house on the lake, we live one block from the lake. Stuff like that allows us to indulge a bit more in other aspects of life. You know, like paying for braces for our kids, lol.

I'll go out on a limb and say the vast majority of the regulars in this thread are not hurting financially.

I could see him in a future Mighty Micros set of they can pick a decent Villain for him

So read somewhere that there is another civil war set coming later this but no confirmed info on the contents.
Think it will be the updated ant man and spider man figures?

Tom_Cody

So read somewhere that there is another civil war set coming later this but no confirmed info on the contents.
Think it will be the updated ant man and spider man figures?
Here's the Brickset placeholder for it:
http://brickset.com/sets/76067-1/{-}

One would have to assume that it would feature Spider-man.

There's also a polybag coming for lego.com in May:
http://brickset.com/sets/30447-1/Captain-America-s-Motorcycle

And in other Marvel news, Doctor Strange is coming later this year as well.
http://brickset.com/sets/76060-1/Doctor-Strange-s-Sanctum-Sanctorum

ghostmind

Brickset had an early look at, and report on, the Doctor Strange set at Toy Fair UK, before LEGO told them to take it down.

I kept it.

Unnumbered Doctor Strange set – £34.99
Vignette-style build set in Doctor Strange’s lab. with bookshelves, a table, and a portal with a red tentacled demon beast coming through. Sanctum Sanctorum probably. Can’t tell which minifigs, but someone holding a chain with a trans-orange radar dish, and someone holding two fans.

Browsing Ali Express and I noticed Nexo knockoffs are there, cheap as dirt. I just can't think of anyplace I would use the minifigs, as cool as they are. I run into the same issue with Ninjago figs.
So, you've bought from that site with your cc before? I was hoping to use paypal but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Also what's the deal with the multiple listing of items that look exactly the same but for different prices? I'm looking at the military minifigs. Always wanted to pick up a few but they are expensive on amazon.

So, you've bought from that site with your cc before? I was hoping to use paypal but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Also what's the deal with the multiple listing of items that look exactly the same but for different prices? I'm looking at the military minifigs. Always wanted to pick up a few but they are expensive on amazon.

I am pretty sure aliexpress is a subsidiary of the world's largest retailer-you should be safe.

I love the fig designs that haven't been released in LEGO form yet, and the ridiculous ones as well (Superman Iron Man). I have ordered two or three times with no problem. The multiple listings is due to many sellers hawking the same goods (think of it like Amazon in that regard).

marq_roq

Neo Member
Uughhhhhh ugh ugh ugh ugh I guess $15-20 on eBay it is then. I can wait till August to get Wall-E I guess. Already waited this long. Gonna be really really pissed if I miss out on him though.

I freaked and went right to Amazon and grabbed him for retail. I've been holding off for awhile but it's one of my fave movies and the likeness is spot on.

Ponn

Banned

yea I used them often and have yet to have a problem. I'm a little skittish with them since its mostly third parties selling through the main site. I just don't keep my CC info on file with them. I recently had a problem with a no show item and the seller was really quick with a refund so thats a plus.

Indeed it's not... Also one reason why i didn't get it yet... I mean, people keep praising the jet, but honestly, while the build might be fun, i can't see myself displaying the thing afterwards so it'll go to parts.. Then the ONLY other draw for me would be a mediocre Panther fig (no leg printing and semi retarded tacked on cat ears) ... I may warm up to him yet though and bricklink him separately some day.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
The more I see the Civil War sets the more I realise I only want them for the figs. And Giant Man of course.

Not interested in any of the shitty vehicles or a third Quinjet. Might change after ive seen the film.

Tom_Cody

The more I see the Civil War sets the more I realise I only want them for the figs. And Giant Man of course.

Not interested in any of the shitty vehicles or a third Quinjet. Might change after ive seen the film.
This is exactly where I'm coming from. I want all the mini-figs, but I tend to hate the marvel vehicles and backdrops. I love my Milano GotG set though.

Tom_Cody

Brickset had an early look at, and report on, the Doctor Strange set at Toy Fair UK, before LEGO told them to take it down.

I kept it.

Unnumbered Doctor Strange set – £34.99
Vignette-style build set in Doctor Strange’s lab. with bookshelves, a table, and a portal with a red tentacled demon beast coming through. Sanctum Sanctorum probably. Can’t tell which minifigs, but someone holding a chain with a trans-orange radar dish, and someone holding two fans.
Cool!

wetwired

I've been wanting this set for ages, I saw it last year for AUD$50 on sale and missed out, Target had it marked down from AUD$89 to AUD$69 and then buy one get the 2nd half off so I picked up 2, worked out around AUD$52 each. Great set, interesting build techniques and lots of useful pieces (especially dark blue parts) Plus it looks great, not sure if I'll keep the second or hold onto it to flip later on.

Regardless, I highly recommend snapping it up if you can still find it.

a88727f4-d48c-4722-92f2-a1967c8f22e2.jpg

I've been wanting this set for ages, I saw it last year for AUD$50 on sale and missed out, Target had it marked down from AUD$89 to AUD$69 and then buy one get the 2nd half off so I picked up 2, worked out around AUD$52 each. Great set, interesting build techniques and lots of useful pieces (especially dark blue parts) Plus it looks great, not sure if I'll keep the second or hold onto it to flip later on.

I have yet to build it but the previous 2 jets were great as well, Creator Jets always deliver, Sonic Boom especially for me!

Such a great set, and the way the wings go together was cool.

Edit: Also, when does the May 4th promo start? Is it the 4th or earlier?

TheFuzz

I still maintain Ant-Man Final Battle is the best $20 superhero set produced. It's a great build with stellar mini figures, Yellow Jacket might be my favorite licensed figure.

Ponn

Banned
I still maintain Ant-Man Final Battle is the best $20 superhero set produced. It's a great build with stellar mini figures, Yellow Jacket might be my favorite licensed figure.

You're rubbing salt in the wound for quite a few people I suspect. I agree though it was a really great $20 set with what turned out to be VERY exclusive figs with no repeated characters to boot.

Ponn

Banned
It was the last time we got classic Superman wasn't it? I forget.

He was in couple more sets, Darkseid set. I believe that was still the only set you can get classic WW though, besides dimensions funpack. Also the only way to get a comic Lex fig besides that gamestop exclusive polybag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom