• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
q6UnCiz.jpg

Guess what arrived today...

bootleg haunted house?

Ponn

Banned
And Ponn thinks I'M rubbing salt in the wound!? ��

What, didn't everyone get a Green Grocer?!? /s

Honestly i'm wondering why the chinese bootleggers haven't tapped into those outrageously expensive oop sets yet. Imagine if people could get a bootleg $100 Taj Mahal set.

Kyari

What, didn't everyone get a Green Grocer?!? /s

Honestly i'm wondering why the chinese bootleggers haven't tapped into those outrageously expensive oop sets yet. Imagine if people could get a bootleg $100 Taj Mahal set.

Enlighten are starting to foray into their own pseudo-modulars with original designs, at least....

I'm kind of hoping it prompts them to move into larger things.

Enlighten are starting to foray into their own pseudo-modulars with original designs, at least....

I'm kind of hoping it prompts them to move into larger things.

Just looked up Enlighten sets and the prices are crazy, very close to real Lego... A castle for 75 for instance. The Fortrex dipped down below that a couple of times in Europe.

ghostmind

CM4Sci on Eurobricks just repeated a rumor that I had been told two months ago, that 71040 Cinderella's Castle (aka the Disney Castle) is a D2C set coming later this year (September?).

I'm going to take this as confirmation, and add that I was also told that Tinkerbell would be an included minifig.

I still maintain Ant-Man Final Battle is the best $20 superhero set produced. It's a great build with stellar mini figures, Yellow Jacket might be my favorite licensed figure.

That set flew under a lot of people's RADAR. The fact that it seemed to disappear abruptly added to it. I was planning on buy a few more copies of that set, but it was suddenly impossible to find.

No, not that I know of. The biggest knockoff set i've seen done so far is the Temple of Airjitsu.

Wait, really? Link or image or it doesn't exist!

Like changing the name to Ninjag makes that legal. Welp, that is the biggest ripoff of a LEGO set I've ever seen.

EDIT: Just looked at all the bootleg sets by Lepin. Do they steal the parts from a LEGO China factory or something? They use a ton of moulds that are not common.

Like changing the name to Ninjag makes that legal. Welp, that is the biggest ripoff of a LEGO set I've ever seen.

EDIT: Just looked at all the bootleg sets by Lepin. Do they steal the parts from a LEGO China factory or something? They use a ton of moulds that are not common.

Quite possibly.

Check out this beauty for $15

2752240550_844894522.jpg

CM4Sci on Eurobricks just repeated a rumor that I had been told two months ago, that 71040 Cinderella's Castle (aka the Disney Castle) is a D2C set coming later this year (September?).

I'm going to take this as confirmation, and add that I was also told that Tinkerbell would be an included minifig.

Sorry what does D2C stand for in this case?

A decent Cinderellas castle would be a must buy for me if based on the WDW one

Ponn

Banned
Sorry what does D2C stand for in this case?

A decent Cinderellas castle would be a must buy for me if based on the WDW one

I'm guessing but I think direct 2 consumer. Basically it means one of their monthly "big sets", like the $200+ ones that are exclusive to Lego stores for a period of time. It's going to be a big, huge castle.

Time to start a Disneyland moc.

they better take my suggestion on board - bronze Walt and Mickey partners statue in front please or I'll make my own lol

Never bought a set over £100 but this will be a definite buy and one to keep

wetwired

That will sell like hotcakes, the amount of disney fans that would jump into lego because of that...

Man, they better deliver with this.

Counted my PAB cup.

1x1 SNOT - 155
1x4 SNOT – 115
1x1 Mixel eyes - 147
Antenna - 72
1x1 round (pink) - 87
1x4 brick (hot pink) - 7
4x4 plate (dark grey) - 46
4x4 plate (light grey) - 2
4x4 plate (red) - 11
Arch things for wheels - 6

I guess stacking the 4x4 plates like that is too much stress. Found one so far that cracked; hopefully that was the only one.

R-User!

June Minecraft
July ? Carousel
August ? Bug/Big Ben
Sept Disney Castle
Oct Holiday Train

Guess maybe neither Technic set is a d2c.

I hope we get the Bug in January so that we can get the Carousel and Big Ben this year.
The Mini Cooper was a Jan 1st release wasn't it?

Counted my PAB cup.

1x1 SNOT - 155
1x4 SNOT – 115
1x1 Mixel eyes - 147
Antenna - 72
1x1 round (pink) - 87
1x4 brick (hot pink) - 7
4x4 plate (dark grey) - 46
4x4 plate (light grey) - 2
4x4 plate (red) - 11
Arch things for wheels - 6

I guess stacking the 4x4 plates like that is too much stress. Found one so far that cracked; hopefully that was the only one.

It should not crack from stacking that way. Maybe because some weren't pressed down all the way. *shrug* Could be quality as some here have mentioned bricks cracking. I stack plates like that all the time for PAB and for storing. I tend to alternate stacking for larger than 4x4 though as they get harder to separate.

I am praying it is more UCS style and not this style:
41055-1.jpg

I doubt we get something fully closed like Ghostbuster HQ, Haunted House, or modulars, but who knows. I also doubt we get something with Friends color palette except for the light blue which is a given. I won't mind if it's a facade that looks awesome. Temple of Airjitzu, Tower of Orthanc, and Arkham Asylum looked fine to me. Will just have to buy 2 and extra bricks to make it completely closed.

Didn't see this posted. Tested did a video on the Sisyphus LEGO automaton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U46Yo_6z_F4

It should not crack from stacking that way. Maybe because some weren't pressed down all the way. *shrug* Could be quality as some here have mentioned bricks cracking. I stack plates like that all the time for PAB and for storing. I tend to alternate stacking for larger than 4x4 though as they get harder to separate.
Ya, I stack that way for storage also but never that many in one stack.

Call me blasphemous but after watching a lot of Jang halo megablox reviews Im feelin' the urge to pick up a set. That UNSC attack gausshog looks cool as shit. The latest ghost seems like a nice cheap set to pick up too. Some of the sets use a lot of extremely specialized pieces though so im not sure about those.

R-User!

10253 Big Ben is $349.99 USD.

God damn.

Tower Bridge 239.99
Sydney Opera House 319.99
Big Ben 349.99

Wow. I would guess that the box for Ben would be a Ghostbusters firehouse vertical box; just a hunch. Being that Orthanc was a tall box too.

Hmmm. Wild guess; Big Ben will beeeeee, 3,900-4,000 pieces. Though I wouldn't be surprised at 4k-4.5k pieces. If it's more than 4.5, I'll say wow again.

Quite possibly.

Check out this beauty for $15

2752240550_844894522.jpg

Check out this beauty. Some sellers have no shame and actually put Millenium Falcon in the title and/or description for this.

2015-New-Star-Wars-Millennium-Falcon-Outer-Space-Ship-Building-Blocks-Toys-Gift-for-Children-Compatible.jpg_640x640.jpg

I am fine with an open back like Orthanc or Airjitzu. I was meaning more the aesthetic when comparing to older Cinderella castle

What if they make it the first D2C set with minidolls!

01c74e4bf0dffd71b5cb38273622d256.jpg

This probably explains why they didn't put other princesses in the Disney CMFs. Saving the princesses to see if they can milk them in other sets. Wait, that doesn't sound right.

Holy shit D2C Magic Castle?

Everyone buy it. Tell your friends and family to buy it. Buy multiples and gift them to strangers. We must get more USC style Disneyland/World sets so my dream of an Electric Light Parade set can finally come true.

Lord have mercy, please let this become a new yearly replacement for the Simpsons sets. Death Star styled Epcot Center anyone?! I would probably legit cry if they actually made a Walt Disney minifig.

teeny

Magic Castle would go down very nicely in my house :D

Bought my first PAB cup and did an awful job of filling it efficiently. Oh well :)

I want to believe but...

experience and general cynicism tell me that we'll probably get an overpriced Cinderella Castle set like the one in the pictures posted earlier, only bigger and with minidolls :(

If i am wrong however... i will be all over that thing!

edit: i guess the rumor does state no minidolls but figures so that would be a plus if true.
It also says that maybe Pluto and Goofy might be included hmmm

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Are..are those "Lepin" sets actually the same thing as the original?

Hi guys I am totally new to this thread and would like to join in the fun.

I have loved lego since a kid but since then I kind of just stopped building lego. I visited a friend of mine the other day, he is a crazy Lego nut and especially if its those exclusive sets from Star Wars.

I am planning on picking up a few, like the Tie fighter and Slave ship.
My mate has some awesome stuff and he also told me that these are just growing in value by the day.

How much truth is it in the value on stuff like Lego exclusive sets from Star wars?

Any news if there will be a AT-AT exclusive lego anytime soon?

Koren

How much truth is it in the value on stuff like Lego exclusive sets from Star wars?
Many (most) interesting sets that go OoP see their prices raising, indeed, especially when they're new.

There's no absolute rule, but at least the UCS sets (the most expensive ones) usually don't go down on price.

The most shining example is the UCS Falcon. Used to be ~$450 new, now it's typically $3000 even used...

Not all sets raise this way, but I'm pretty sure that all UCS sets, at least, should worth more now used than new when they were sold.

Used Lambda Shuttle is over $500, SSD is $800+, same for Blockade runner, Y-Wing, Snowspeeder, ISD and Death Star are $1000+...

You still have to find a buyer, but yes, prices usually increase. There's in fact forums of investors specialized in Lego investments ^_^

One (75054) has been released in 2014 and discontinued a couple of months back, so probably not soon, but you never know. Maybe with Rogue One.

It's actually a good example of price:
- it was sold for a bit more than $100
- now it's discontinued, you'll find it for more than $200 new from 3rd-party sellers on Amazon or other stores (probably Ebay, too)
- price on Bricklink (the Ebay for Lego) is ~$150 for new ones... there's not many used ones, but it's probably already more expensive used now than new when it was available.

Hi guys I am totally new to this thread and would like to join in the fun.

I have loved lego since a kid but since then I kind of just stopped building lego. I visited a friend of mine the other day, he is a crazy Lego nut and especially if its those exclusive sets from Star Wars.

I am planning on picking up a few, like the Tie fighter and Slave ship.
My mate has some awesome stuff and he also told me that these are just growing in value by the day.

If you're just starting again, I suggest deciding to focus on a particular theme. You seem to have chosen Star Wars, which is a smart bet because there is tons of sets for that theme covering all price ranges and there is no end in sight for that theme.

You seem to want to "go big" and start with the USC sets. Once you've built one of those, there's really no turning back. Lego have come a long way in a relatively short amount of time. Techniques, unique pieces, and overall design have likely changed drastically since you last remembered (all for the better!). Instructions are better too. I suggest DLing the .pdf of the set you are building onto a tablet.

We have a lot of knowledgeable people in this thread that can answer any question you could ever have. Welcome to the Lego community.

How is the Lego hulkbuster figure? I'm thinking of getting the set today.

It's a nice little $30 set with great figs. The build was fun and is nice and sturdy too. The little Hulk Cage is unnecessary and sticker laden though. Well worth the price.

Even though I prefer Marvel sets, I think that Brainiac Attack Set #76040 is the better 30$ set if I had to choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom