• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

Very tiny pic of the Friends Heartlake Performance School:

W4oy4tD.jpg

Liking that school bus...

Ponn

Banned
76056 Rescue From Ra's Al Ghul

• Includes Ra's al Ghul, Desert Batman, Talia al Ghul, Robin (Damian Wayne).
• Includes desert buggy bat-vehicle, exploding doorway, jail cell for Robin, staircase, and minifigure-launching green pool.

Ok, is this CoD Batman from BvsS or is this topless scimitar wielding badass Batman from the comic? I

Hopefully neither? Topless scimitar batman is one of the dumbest things I've seen. The BvS desert suit is the somewhat popular but doesn't sound relevant to this set.

I'm guessing it's a completely new desert camo Batman suit. TLG have taken more liberties with new bat-suits than anybody else.

Btw is the green pool suppose to be the Lazarus Pit?

Ponn

Banned
Hopefully neither? Topless scimitar batman is one of the dumbest things I've seen. The BvS desert suit is the somewhat popular but doesn't sound relevant to this set.

I'm guessing it's a completely new desert camo Batman suit. TLG have taken more liberties with new bat-suits than anybody else.

Btw is the green pool suppose to be the Lazarus Pit?

Aw cmon, who doesn't like Bat Pecs! And its probably a lime green jello pit. They are torturing Damian with it.

wetwired

• Includes desert buggy bat-vehicle, exploding doorway, jail cell for Robin, staircase, and minifigure-launching green pool.

Sounds like a big set. I'll withhold purchasing decision until I see it but I'll at least bricklink the batman, I'm a sucker for any batman variant.

I'm interested to see their take on Ra's

Also if anyone wants to play along on making these Rick and Morty minifigs, get yourself a trickster minifig and that hair I mentioned above, that's the minimum you'll need. The trickster has two tone yellow and flesh arms which you'll need for Morty.

Ryuuroden

Wow, that target price was legit. That box of 60 disney CMF I bought, I got for $3.39 a bag which is a savings of $36.00 ..... :0 That's the best deal I have had in a while.

Wow, that target price was legit. That box of 60 disney CMF I bought, I got for $3.39 a bag which is a savings of $36.00 ..... :0 That's the best deal I have had in a while.

You can send me a complete run of characters to offset those savings and save me the time of feeling out bags. :)

I picked up the civil war sets this weekend and really like the panther set.

Yeah, Panther set was quite nice for only $30. Good figures, and solid little builds. It isn't as good as the Hulkbuster or Ant-Man sets from last year, but it seems to be the easy $30 or less super hero set recommendation this year.

King's Mech is the king of $30 or less sets this year thus far though.

wetwired

Yeah, Panther set was quite nice for only $30. Good figures, and solid little builds. It isn't as good as the Hulkbuster or Ant-Man sets from last year, but it seems to be the easy $30 or less super hero set recommendation this year.

I just bricklinked the panther and falcon as I wasn't really interested in the rest of the sets. I'll pick up the airport battle one though as it comes with a few minifigs I want plus giant man

I just bricklinked the panther and falcon as I wasn't really interested in the rest of the sets. I'll pick up the airport battle one though as it comes with a few minifigs I want plus giant man

The airport tower is a meh build, but with a nice touch of using the A-Frame pieces from the last two years to secure things.
The Quinjet is cool as usual, but definitely the weakest build of all of them thus far.

But the set is worth it just to make Giant Man. If the part to make part of his head wasn't so new, it would be an easy build to keep replicating to make giant scale versions of many characters. And as strange as it sounds, my favorite touch with Giant Man is that the legs have the same range of motion as regular mini figure legs. They had to have done that part intentionally.

There's a new civil war set coming?
Yup no other info released on it yet.

Yeah I got the hulkbuster set this weekend too lol. Gonna work on it a few days.

Yup no other info released on it yet.

Yeah I got the hulkbuster set this weekend too lol. Gonna work on it a few days.

Since you seem to be sticking to super hero sets so far (you will break!), you need to get the Quinjet set from last year that was for Age of Ultron. Great build, great figures, and one of the most swooshable planes out there too.

The fact that it is the only way to get Vision is just icing on the cake.

And if you cans till find it, the Milano from Guardians of the Galaxy is a god tier set as well.

Wanderer5

I picked up the civil war sets this weekend and really like the panther set.

I saw it in person along with the other two sets today at my local lego store, and that jet looks really cool. Everything else looks nice too, despite BP's top lid being a bit goofy looking. I got least $55 worth of barnes and nobles cards that I thinking about using on lego. Honestly maybe I will look at that guardians of the galaxy ship if one of my barnes and noble still has it lol.

What a wonderful semi impulse buy that set was.XD I still don't care to look at the theme in general, but man that mech.

Since you seem to be sticking to super hero sets so far (you will break!), you need to get the Quinjet set from last year that was for Age of Ultron. Great build, great figures, and one of the most swooshable planes out there too.

And if you cans till find it, the Milano from Guardians of the Galaxy is a god tier set as well.
I will look into those thanks!

I saw it in person along with the other two sets today at my local lego store, and that jet looks really cool. Everything else looks nice too, despite BP's top lid being a bit goofy looking.

What a wonderful semi impulse buy that set was.XD I still don't care to look at the theme in general, but man that mech.

Yea that lid takes getting used too but after a few days I really like him.

So far this year it is a toss up between King's Mech or Resistance Troop Transport for the best thing I have built.
I lean towards King's Mech, because that was more of a dark horse entry. The RTT I went in on because of JANG gushing about it, and he was right on the money with that set.

Wanderer5

So far this year it is a toss up between King's Mech or Resistance Troop Transport for the best thing I have built.
I lean towards King's Mech, because that was more of a dark horse entry. The RTT I went in on because of JANG gushing about it, and he was right on the money with that set.

I going to pass on the RTT, even through it does look pretty damn good build, but King's Mech again, man. It pretty fun to pose despite some limitations, and it has some really nice details all around, especially on the back side with the two wing flaps and the wind-up handle. I be honest, I think those back details, particularly the wing flaps were the final push for me to get it.

I going to pass on the RTT, even through it does look pretty damn good build, but King's Mech again, man. It pretty fun to pose despite some limitations, and it has some really nice details all around, especially on the back side with the two wing flaps and the wind-up handle. I be honest, I think those back details, particularly the wing flaps were the final push for me to get it.
The back side of RTT is where the coolest stuff is too. And how you put some stuff in upside down.

ghostmind

So... S@H has been completely broken for me for the past 3 days now.

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties and your order may take up to 24 hours to process. Please note that if your order qualifies for promotions, they will be applied after we have processed your transaction. Express shipping options and payment using VIP rewards are not available during this time. Product availability may also be inaccurate during this time. Your order confirmation email will be delivered after your transaction has been processed.

If you have any questions, please call our friendly Consumer Service Experts at the number shown at the bottom of this page. Please note that we are also unable to accept phone orders at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

How is this possible in 2016, for the largest toy manufacturer in the world?

Seriously, I have not seen ongoing issues like this for any other online vendor I deal with, both smaller and larger than LEGO.

Anyone keeping tally on who has more variants. Batman or Iron Man?

Waiting until they run out of decent ideas, then go for some of these.

Sewer Police, calling it now.

I call Grammar Police.

Very tiny pic of the Friends Heartlake Performance School:

W4oy4tD.jpg

Liking that school bus...

I don't get why LEGO city doesn't get cool set themes like Friends.

Doesn't LEGO City need schools? Maybe that's why there's so much crime.

Rootbeer

Banned

As a Damian fan, a lover of alternate Batsuits, and really wanting Ra's/Talia in my DCU LEGO roster... this is the best batman set news all year

DAMNIT Phon!

I have been eying last year's Quinjet set for months now, waiting for a big sale and i really sorta want it after getting the Airport set the other day if ONLY to complete the Quinjet family but somehow i always managed to fend the urge off... UNTIL now >:O(

Bought! Damn enablers :p you guys really are the worst!

and best at the same time

There's a new civil war set coming?
Yup no other info released on it yet..
It's apparently spoilery as fuck. Some film critics of CA:CW criticized the the Airport Battle set for spoiling one of the best scenes in the movie. I can sympathize. Rumored to contain Spidey, Baron Zemo and the Vision as minifigs.

Anyone keeping tally on who has more variants. Batman or Iron Man?

Waiting until they run out of decent ideas, then go for some of these.

Batman by far.

When they run out of ideas, I hope they release a Soviet Batman. He was amazing.

Hoping for TAS version of Ra's in the Batman set.
Probably getting the video game version:
latest

It's apparently spoilery as fuck. Some film critics of CA:CW criticized the the Airport Battle set for spoiling one of the best scenes in the movie. I can sympathize. Rumored to contain Spidey, Baron Zemo and the Vision as minifigs.

Batman by far.

When they run out of ideas, I hope they release a Soviet Batman. He was amazing.

Probably getting the video game version:
latest
Was hoping an updated ant man was in the set. Can't wait to see how spidey looks. Will be curious to see what they do with Zemo.

UQFYDHx.jpg

My current civil war line up. Got vision coming today and ant man in a few weeks.

Wanderer5

Wait really? Lol, guess I don't blame them through. And Vision is missing too, so that be nice along with Spidey. All that left would be Hawkeye, who is apparently getting a polybag release.

Wait really? Lol, guess I don't blame them through. And Vision is missing too, so that be nice along with Spidey. All that left would be Hawkeye, who is apparently getting a polybag release.
Ooo when is that polybag release any pics? Does he look different than his last release?

Wanderer5

Ooo when is that polybag release any pics? Does he look different than his last release?
I think it a rumor at this point, through might have still been confirmed that he getting a new figure one way or another.

I seen talk about the doctor strange set too, which sounds interesting. Apparently it includes a portal that has a demon coming out of it heh.

Edit: It was actually just re-stated that Hawkeye is supposed to come, but it is unknown how, whether it is a polybag release, the 4th set, or something else.

Meanwhile the doctor strange set is described as "the Big Bang Theory set but with eccentric collectibles and a big octopus out the wall." Includes Ancient One, Mordo, and Strange.

Classic comic version please
I be ok with this.
I think it a rumor at this point, through might have still been confirmed that he getting a new figure one way or another.

I seen talk about the doctor strange set too, which sounds interesting. Apparently it includes a portal that has a demon coming out of it heh.

Edit: It was actually just re-stated that Hawkeye is supposed to come, but it is unknown how, whether it is a polybag release, the 4th set, or something else.

Meanwhile the doctor strange set is described as "the Big Bang Theory set but with eccentric collectibles and a big octopus out the wall." Includes Ancient One, Mordo, and Strange.
Ah. This info from eurobricks? I register there but after I login the page is blank and I can't see any forums.

ghostmind

What is this? I haven't seen Rebels yet but who is that supposed to be? Grandpa Rex? Retired Rex?

I'll take classic badass Captain Rex anyday over this (in fact i just ordered the latest version yesterday) though that may change once i actually watch the show

Yeah, you need to watch the show. Old Rex is still a pretty cool character.

Wanderer5

What is this? I haven't seen Rebels yet but who is that supposed to be? Grandpa Rex? Retired Rex?

I'll take classic badass Captain Rex anyday over this (in fact i just ordered the latest version yesterday) though that may change once i actually watch the show

Yeah it a old Rex. He and two other clone troopers were able to get into hiding and that their home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom