• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

It's on my list of shows to watch but right now time is tight :(

I take it it's still a decent show but not as great as TCW was right?

IMO, it's not as great as CW, but it has grown into it's own over the last 1.5 seasons.

And I'm not going to spoil it, but the number of callbacks to CW has grown immensely since Rebels started. In some ways it's CW Season 7.

Experien

It's on my list of shows to watch but right now time is tight :(

I take it it's still a decent show but not as great as TCW was right?

As the OT thread says, it is like the old trilogy. I think I prefer Rebels to TCW. Hard to not like a series that created a sweet villain like The Inquisitor.

Wanderer5

As the OT thread says, it is like the old trilogy. I think I prefer Rebels to TCW. Hard to not like a series that created a sweet villain like The Inquisitor.

The grand Inquisitor has a pretty sweet minifigure too. Too bad the lightsabers the inquisitors uses got way too silly later on.

teeny

I like Star Wars opinions in this thread, much more chilled out than the other SW threads :p

In the Episode VIII production thread: Looks like an A-Wing has been spotted! Hope it makes the cut for a good Lego set, especially as the one coming up isn;t so hot IMO. I'm still miffed at the lack of Y-Wing evolutions in the Starkiller battle.

I like Star Wars opinions in this thread, much more chilled out than the other SW threads :p

In the Episode VIII production thread: Looks like an A-Wing has been spotted! Hope it makes the cut for a good Lego set, especially as the one coming up isn;t so hot IMO. I'm still miffed at the lack of Y-Wing evolutions in the Starkiller battle.

I think the time is ready for a UCS A-Wing...

Jimbro72

I think the time is ready for a UCS A-Wing...

I'm shocked they haven't done one yet, if the B-Wing got one. Though horrible sales of the B-Wing could be why we may never see a UCS A-Wing. I personally want to see them do a landspeeder and/or ROTJ speederbikes just to fill out more of the OT vehicles.

teeny

I'm shocked they haven't done one yet, if the B-Wing got one. Though horrible sales of the B-Wing could be why we may never see a UCS A-Wing. I personally want to see them do a landspeeder and/or ROTJ speederbikes just to fill out more of the OT vehicles.

I've always loved the B-Wing - is it not popular amongst Star Wars fans?

My main worry is that with yearly films planned for what could be eternity, modernised OT sets (read: sets I missed the first time round) could be few and far between.

I've yet to purchase any of the Star Wars UCS sets :(

Me neither. :(

I LOVED the R2-D2 set a few years back, but I had no money to get it back then. It's probably still my favorite looking UCS set, most of the others I just didn't like the look of, or they were just too fucking big (SSD is awesome, but gigantic).

I'm thinking that the Classic Batman Batcave set will be my next BIG set since I have such huge nostalgia for that old TV series, so the next Star Wars UCS set(s) will have to be pretty amazing to peak my interest.

People complain that Rebels has too much filler but TCW had a lot of stories that I didn't care about too. Rebels has been a lot of fun.

That Rex AT-TE would be so tempting if I cared about the old AT-TE. I do want the Fifth Brother minifig though.

People complain that Rebels has too much filler but TCW had a lot of stories that I didn't care about too. Rebels has been a lot of fun.

That Rex AT-TE would be so tempting if I cared about the old AT-TE. I do want the Fifth Brother minifig though.

True about TCW...BUT it was always entertaining enough even in those episodes, as the core cast had pretty good interaction and dynamics (banter etc.) unlike the actual movies.

Jimbro72

I don't think it was that. I think, much like the A-wing, it suffered by only having mere seconds of screen time so most people beyond the hard core type fans probably don't know much about or even care about ships like the B-wing so sales of the UCS version struggled to the point of it being discounted by 50% not even a year after it came out (unheard of nowadays) and was retired shortly after that, I think. And it's real shame, too, as that set was very well done in both how nice it looks displayed as well as how good a build it was. I can't help but think, no matter how nicely done an UCS A-wing set was, it would suffer the same fate by not appealing to many beyond the hard core fans and collectors.

True about TCW...BUT it was always entertaining enough even in those episodes, as the core cast had pretty good interaction and dynamics (banter etc.) unlike the actual movies.
Ya, I think both series are worth watching once. Rewatch value is limited on both, to specific episodes for Rebels and to specific story arcs for TCW. If you appreciated the banter in TCW I think you will really like Rebels.

My main worry is that with yearly films planned for what could be eternity, modernised OT sets (read: sets I missed the first time round) could be few and far between.

I too love the b-wing. If it was so poorly received, why can't I find one for under $300!?! I guess TLG didn't make that many.

I really like those inquisitor minifigs. They are very unique and well done. I suspect they will be in high demand if they don't ever make them again.

I really like those inquisitor minifigs. They are very unique and well done. I suspect they will be in high demand if they don't ever make them again.

I got 1 or 2 in a battle pack i think... are those the same ones than the one in the TIE Advanced set or just similar looking?

Also: I just thought of making a little vignette with Minifig Grievous + 2 Magnaguards but then after searching a little i figure, they only made those ONCE... in 2008!!! How come Lego never remade them? They look awesome but their figs are now pretty dated :(

mrkgoo

I bought 76047 black panther pursuit.

It think it's a great set, especially in regards to what you get.

I was also eyeing up the batmobile set from BvS, but I always feel it's a bit of a waste to get sets with extraneous pieces I don't care about and two henchmen and a forklift don't compare to the 3 decent vehicles and main characters in the civil war set.

Black panther jet is awesome. Not perfect but really cool build and cool colour scheme. My only niggles are the underside is a bit bland. Nicely solid.

The jeep vehicle is cool and larger than I expected.

I have no marvel figures so it was really awesome to get cap, black panther and winter soldier.

I bought 76047 black panther pursuit.

It think it's a great set, especially in regards to what you get.

I was also eyeing up the batmobile set from BvS, but I always feel it's a bit of a waste to get sets with extraneous pieces I don't care about and two henchmen and a forklift don't compare to the 3 decent vehicles and main characters in the civil war set.

Black panther jet is awesome. Not perfect but really cool build and cool colour scheme. My only niggles are the underside is a bit bland. Nicely solid.

The jeep vehicle is cool and larger than I expected.

I have no marvel figures so it was really awesome to get cap, black panther and winter soldier.
Hulkbuster, bro. Hulkbuster.

Then go to some Quinjet action.

yE0B4UK.jpg

Team iron man complete just waiting on ant man to arrive for cap.

Haha well I had an order in for vision only before you mentioned that set. I may get it later on. Been trying to not spend too much money since I also want the civil war marvel legend 6 inch figures.
Pffft. Excuses. You will get Vision, Black Widow, Cap, and an exclusive Ultron.

By the way, I forgot to welcome you to the thread before. And we are obviously filthy enablers.

Oh I know I registered cause wanted to post there for possible questions in the future.

I joined a couple of days ago and didn't get an email, I logged in on the desktop site and went into my profile and top right is a link to resend email and it came instantly then (I only joined to discuss the Cinderella castle)

I got 1 or 2 in a battle pack i think... are those the same ones than the one in the TIE Advanced set or just similar looking?

Also: I just thought of making a little vignette with Minifig Grievous + 2 Magnaguards but then after searching a little i figure, they only made those ONCE... in 2008!!! How come Lego never remade them? They look awesome but their figs are now pretty dated :(

I've only seen a few episodes of REBELS. The one from the Tie Fighter set is the inquisitor from season 1, but there are more now I believe. That one just revealed is a different one for sure.

The one from 75082 TIE Advanced Prototype.
latest

Fifth Brother:

3CStRJh.jpg

Ah crap, I'll either bricklink him or end up with Rex's AT-TE. I'd be surprised if he shows up in a smaller set given how relatively minor he is.

Wanderer5

Why must these be August releases; I need that ghost rider set!;.; Also still really interesting, as I get reminded on when I see that sandman/rhino set, that spidey is back to having completely blue legs.

Why must these be August releases; I need that ghost rider set!;.; Also still really interesting, as I get reminded on when I see that sandman/rhino set, that spidey is back to having completely blue legs.

Yup, gotta get all of those, just for the villains.

And I asked last page and wondering if anyone could bite. Anyone able to get two large PAB cups of 1x4 SNOT with some 1x1 SNOT to fill the gaps and send them to me? I can trade for gift cards or other sets if needed. I just don't know when I can get to an actual store to fill up for myself.

Disappointed that Ulimate Bridge Battle doesn't include a Spidsr-woman minfig. You would think enough time passed that TLG would release one to the paying public instead of paying a King's ransom (>$2000!) for the SDCC exclusive from 3 years ago.

Looks like Nexo Knights isn't moving inventory quick enough.

20% off sale at LEGO store on a bunch of Nexo Knights and Ninjago sets until end of April. Seriously thinking of picking up some duplicates of the Ultimate sets. Only chance of getting them cheaper than $8 I think is chance if one can find them on clearance.

There 1-2 city and a few creator sets also on sale.

I picked up the Nexo Knight exclusive sets that were on sale. I figure the exclusive ones will be hard to find when they have a good sale. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the exclusives were:
70324: Merlok's Library 2.0
70325: Infernox captures the Queen
I can't remember the 3rd one. King's Mech? That one wasn't on sale probably because it selling very well.

Oh, if you liked 70327: The King's Mech, I think you'll like 70326: The Black Knight Mech.

If it's anything like the cartoon version, it will be good.
Spoiler: https://youtu.be/V3K9LqryHss?t=22s

Disappointed that Ulimate Bridge Battle doesn't include a Spidsr-woman minfig. You would think enough time passed that TLG would release one to the paying public instead of paying a King's ransom (>$2000!) for the SDCC exclusive from 3 years ago.

Are you seriously telling me that there's a minifig that is worth as much as a UCS Millenium Falcon on the aftermarket?

Gotta be the most expensive minifig EVER! Well....then there IS Mr. Gold from Series 10 i believe a few years back...

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
I seem to recall seeing a GAF specific sales thread mentioned before, but I can't find it. Any link? I am trying to move some backlog that I've admitted I didn't really want to begin with.

It's the first step to recovery. Followed by spending that money on the new technic sets.

Would love some of those minifigs from the SDCC but there is no way in hell I'm gonna pay those crazy prices. I hope they stop doing that sort of thing

Would love some of those minifigs from the SDCC but there is no way in hell I'm gonna pay those crazy prices. I hope they stop doing that sort of thing

It effectively punishes TLG most loyal consumers with zero benefit to TLG itself. People are financing their entire trips to SDCC by selling these exclusive minifigs.

How long did it take the Green Lantern minifig to be available in a set after it was given away at SDCC?

It effectively punishes TLG most loyal consumers with zero benefit to TLG itself. People are financing their entire trips to SDCC by selling these exclusive minifigs.

How long did it take the Green Lantern minifig to be available in a set after it was given away at SDCC?

Not sure, must have been years though right? All i know is that the second that thing was out in the open, i snatched it up.

Damn i just checked the latest pics of that Webslinger Spidey Bridge set as well as the Ghost Rider one and BOTH are insta must haves! Talk about reducing sets on my to buy list when those Marvel SH sets are killing it!

I am even considering that Doc Ock set although i literally JUST ordered the older Doc from that Truck Heist set... not sure which version i prefer, however that set also has Vulture who looks awesome (i may have to just bricklink him though and not get the whole set)

Fowler

Got WALL-E from my fiancée for my birthday! Can't wait to build this.

BTW, any way to quickly check whether I have the fixed one or not?

Kyari

I continue to really want that Spidey bridge set, Ultimate Spider-Woman and classic Scarlet Spider are hype, even if I would prefer a Spider-Gwen.

I swear to god if Spider-Gwen ends up as an SDCC exclusive.... :<
No one seems to have made a bootleg of her yet either.

Unrelated (seriously) but I need to find a solution for custom printing figures at some point.

crpav

My son is 3.5 years old and loves Legos. We started him off young with the large Mega Bloks and then moved him up to Duplo. Well one day I decided to get all the old Legos I had at my parents from when my brother and I were kids. Even though they are above his age we have a lot of fun(especially me) building with them.

Hardest part is my nature of when I start a set I need to finish it while son likes to make his own creation. Last night he asked me to make the big rig car hauler of a 3 in 1 set instead of the crane. Well can't find one little piece for it and it's driving me crazy. He might have put it on something or it got lost in the basement. Hope I can find it. He also was making his own creations from pieces and I had to ask and beg for the pieces to build the set.

willp2003

Got WALL-E from my fiancée for my birthday! Can't wait to build this.

BTW, any way to quickly check whether I have the fixed one or not?

I got the extra parts and it comes with a small instruction pack. So if you've got an extra leaflet it will be the new one (I doubt they've reprinted the main instructions).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom