• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's absolutely mental
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Marvel...624378?hash=item58d67cc9ba:g:j4UAAOSwe7BW0LJa

It's so elusive, the Chinese haven't been able to make a decent knock-off yet!

Personally the whole SDCC exclusive thing is such bullshit.

They can put whatever price they want, but until there is a buyer, it's just a dream number. It's #1 of the lot, but it's exactly the same as all the other ones so I don't give much merit to that value. I"m sure you can find one for ONLY a few hundred dollars.

ruxtpin

Banned
They can put whatever price they want, but until there is a buyer, it's just a dream number. It's #1 of the lot, but it's exactly the same as all the other ones so I don't give much merit to that value. I"m sure you can find one for ONLY a few hundred dollars.

That seller looks to be inflating a lot of stuff. Makes me wonder how much of it's been sold. There's a carded Azog figure with an asking price of $2,700. I haven't unboxed all my Hobbit sets, but I'm pretty sure he was in a couple?

Hey LegoGAF!

So whats the verdict on the Nexo Knights line? I remember it being...controversial when it came out, but I personally really dig the medieval/high-tech fusion. Are the sets getting good reviews?

Looks like Nexo Knights isn't moving inventory quick enough.

20% off sale at LEGO store on a bunch of Nexo Knights and Ninjago sets until end of April. Seriously thinking of picking up some duplicates of the Ultimate sets. Only chance of getting them cheaper than $8 I think is chance if one can find them on clearance.

There 1-2 city and a few creator sets also on sale.

Could they just be price matching Amazon? A lot of the bigger sets are on sale there right now.

Koren

I got the extra parts and it comes with a small instruction pack. So if you've got an extra leaflet it will be the new one (I doubt they've reprinted the main instructions).
They have. The one I bought in january has an updated manual and new bags content. There's no way to tell there's a fix.

The last one sold on bricklink went for around $550 USD

The one before that $700.

Hey LegoGAF!

So whats the verdict on the Nexo Knights line? I remember it being...controversial when it came out, but I personally really dig the medieval/high-tech fusion. Are the sets getting good reviews?
Some sets are good, some sets are meh. The King's Mech is highly regarded. They have been heavily discounted which means they are not selling as well as hoped. I'll be surprised to see another wave, tbh. Then again, people said the same about CHIMA.

None of it really appeals to me on a personal level, but my primary focus is Creator Modulars and some of the Marvel and Star Wars sets in that order of priority. I'm not huge fan of overly brighty colored sets.

TheFuzz

Hey LegoGAF!

Could they just be price matching Amazon? A lot of the bigger sets are on sale there right now.

Imma gonna save you a lot of trouble and cause even more.

Jangbricks.com, or search jangbricks on YouTube. He has reviews of all the Nexo sets. And he's not paid by Lego.

Your welcome, and I'm sorry.

Hey LegoGAF!

Kings Mech is the best, and cheap too. After that, Jestro's Evil Mobile is the second best.

wetwired

It effectively punishes TLG most loyal consumers with zero benefit to TLG itself. People are financing their entire trips to SDCC by selling these exclusive minifigs.

How long did it take the Green Lantern minifig to be available in a set after it was given away at SDCC?

It was years after and it's a completely different minifig.

Imma gonna save you a lot of trouble and cause even more.

Jangbricks.com, or search jangbricks on YouTube. He has reviews of all the Nexo sets. And he's not paid by Lego.

Your welcome, and I'm sorry.

Some sets are good, some sets are meh. The King's Mech is highly regarded. They have been heavily discounted which means they are not selling as well as hoped. I'll be surprised to see another wave, tbh. Then again, people said the same about CHIMA.

None of it really appeals to me on a personal level, but my primary focus is Creator Modulars and some of the Marvel and Star Wars sets in that order of priority. I'm not huge fan of overly brighty colored sets.

Kings Mech is the best, and cheap too. After that, Jestro's Evil Mobile is the second best.

Thanks guys, yeah I've seen a lot of Jang Bricks' videos before, really good. Sucks that Nexo Knights isn't doing too hot, I really like the concept.

Thanks guys, yeah I've seen a lot of Jang Bricks' videos before, really good. Sucks that Nexo Knights isn't doing too hot, I really like the concept.

It will just mean better sales for everyone. TLG is heavily invested in Nexo Knights. They won't kill the theme prematurely unless it's losing them a good amount of money. I would find it hard to believe Nexo Knights is selling worse than Chima.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Alien Conquest senses...tingling!

Must...repost...cool...cancelled...set...

mni9L.png

MY SALT

Ponn

Banned
Love the AC Mothership but still have no freaking clue how to display it. And no hanging it from the ceiling is not an option. It's such a cool build but such an awkward footprint. Some of those lines just did not rise in price like others did and can still be had for MSRP or less. It's not just Lego's own lines either that are a miss investment wise, i've noticed LoTR and Hobbit sets have been mostly misses as far as prices go with occasional exceptions like Weathertop and an Unexpected Gathering.

Love the AC Mothership but still have no freaking clue how to display it. And no hanging it from the ceiling is not an option. It's such a cool build but such an awkward footprint. Some of those lines just did not rise in price like others did and can still be had for MSRP or less. It's not just Lego's own lines either that are a miss investment wise, i've noticed LoTR and Hobbit sets have been mostly misses as far as prices go with occasional exceptions like Weathertop and an Unexpected Gathering.

You nailed it, Ponn. That's exactly why I haven't built it. I don't just want to build the set so I can immediately tear it down so I'm holding off.

If you ever find the old non-IP lines on shelves they are usually on sale with a discount. I keep track of my purchases and I only bought the mothership.....oh wow ok it was actually two years ago, but that's still a couple of years after it was discontinued. I bet we see some heavily discounted Chima product in 2017.

With the explosion of LEGO's popularity it's a shame that we don't see the deep discounts we used to with any regularity.

Perhaps a very tall stand with an angle at the top to connect on the bottom. That keeps the ship at an angle which reduces its footprint in at least on direction, but should also allow free spinning of the outer ring of the ship.

Now I want to rebuild the ship just for the challenge of making a display stand for it.

Alien Conquest senses...tingling!

Must...repost...cool...cancelled...set...

mni9L.png

MY SALT

I wish that they would like... post instructions or something. Then people who are actually interested in it could build it, providing it doesn't have any new unique unreleased parts I guess. I don't know if there's some legal reason for them not to, and it isn't like they'd be losing money since they didn't bring the set to market themselves. I guess they could argue counterfeit companies could steal their designs but... they do that already.

Edit: Wow I just looked on Amazon and like none of the Alien Conquest sets have gone up in price very much, if at all. It seems only one semi-small set has jumped in price and if I had to guess I'd say it's because it includes a light brick. I... hmmm I might have to grab something else from this line to accompany my lone Tripod. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm obviously eyeing the Mothership but it sounds like it's a bitch to display and I already am pretty limited on space...

I wish that they would like... post instructions or something. Then people who are actually interested in it could build it, providing it doesn't have any new unique unreleased parts I guess. I don't know if there's some legal reason for them not to, and it isn't like they'd be losing money since they didn't bring the set to market themselves. I guess they could argue counterfeit companies could steal their designs but... they do that already.

Edit: Wow I just looked on Amazon and like none of the Alien Conquest sets have gone up in price very much, if at all. It seems only one semi-small set has jumped in price and if I had to guess I'd say it's because it includes a light brick. I... hmmm I might have to grab something else from this line to accompany my lone Tripod. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm obviously eyeing the Mothership but it sounds like it's a bitch to display and I already am pretty limited on space...

Mothership and Earth Defense HQ are the musts. And the Mothership has that sweet sound brick!
Side bonus: Mothership also comes with a lot of narrow train tracks for MOCs later!

Ponn

Banned
Perhaps a very tall stand with an angle at the top to connect on the bottom. That keeps the ship at an angle which reduces its footprint in at least on direction, but should also allow free spinning of the outer ring of the ship.

Now I want to rebuild the ship just for the challenge of making a display stand for it.

Something like the UCS Tie or X-wing stands?

The Jet Copter has been on awd forever, but of the four sets I have that's probably my least favorite. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004P972KI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

As Phon said, Mothership and Earth Defense are the best, but the UFO Abduction is really cool. Too bad that one jumped in price.

Zbqvb3f.jpg

Nothing mentioned about the potential for 4x VIP points on 75139 and 75140.

75140 is so damn good. If it has 4x VIP, damn. I hope that finally gets others to jump on that train.

Truly hardcore when you reference set by number and not the name. Had to look that one up. I'm hoping it will go on sale as many kids will probably pass on the set just based on looks. However, if I wait too long it just may disappear suddenly which has happened in the past.

The Jet Copter has been on awd forever, but of the four sets I have that's probably my least favorite. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004P972KI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

As Phon said, Mothership and Earth Defense are the best, but the UFO Abduction is really cool. Too bad that one jumped in price.

I was gonna mention UFO Abduction. I have it displayed and it IS pretty cool. Just your totally classic UFO scene there. Plus it comes with a neat farmer minifig.

75140 was on awd very briefly a few days ago, but I had to pass because I need to repair my washer and am not buying anything fun until I'm sure I can do it myself at minimal cost.

I hope it'll be around for another year or so. Otherwise I'm just going to read the instructions since from what I understand the main joy is the interesting techniques.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

All the instructions are available for free at lego.com.

I just saw pics of the new Mixel series over at Brickfan and... is that a Trash mixel tribe?

Not sure yet how i feel about continuing to get these... but that's what i've been saying for the last 5 series LOL.

I just saw pics of the new Mixel series over at Brickfan and... is that a Trash mixel tribe?

Not sure yet how i feel about continuing to get these... but that's what i've been saying for the last 5 series LOL.

I'm all Mixeled out. I've been Nixeled. Still, calling Mixels trash is a bit harsh. Cobrax and Camsta look pretty good. I think Camsta is my favorite of that series.
I'm done with Mixels except for some that have some unique parts or are just awesome.

Rootbeer

Banned
bummed that the new sets are june and not may 1st... making it harder for me to reach that $50 threshhold... i might have to just buy some battle packs and micro fighters, I own all the other 2015/2016 sets so far o_O.

I want to hold off on Hoth base until I see the disney castle... since I will likely buy that one instead if it's good.

The way S@H keeps putting mixels on sale I can't bring myself to pay full price anymore. They get marked down 50% in a few months

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

I get that and in part I am thinking the same but then Mixels are second only to the Lego Movie sets in terms of creativity. No other series comes close to what they do here and I appreciate the effort and will buy them all.

iosefe

Nothing mentioned about the potential for 4x VIP points on 75139 and 75140.
I actually put that question towards Marketing yesterday. I hope to have an answer today, but I'm guessing it was just an promotion overlap they didn't notice and won't actually work.

But I haven't been around this scene too long,
Has quad points happened?

No hyperbole: Haunted House is in the Top 5 Lego sets ever released.

Rub it in why don't ya :-(

For the price its going for on Amazon and Ebay, I could buy the entire Nexo Knight line twice and still have some cash left over.

the only thing i can say for certain is this:

People don't like Pohatu

and that's a damn shame

This might be blasphemy, but I've always felt either Pohatu or Onua had to go, even back in 2001. They're just so redundant. Why have both stone AND earth?

iosefe

This might be blasphemy, but I've always felt either Pohatu or Onua had to go, even back in 2001. They're just so redundant. Why have both stone AND earth?
i guess he's stone because Speed wasn't an element. it could have been sand tho.
It's too bad because he honestly has some of the best designs, but worst builds :(
to be fair my metric is based on what has had a discount since release, and only Pohatu and Ketar have had them from this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom